LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

Hmmm...GvG...let me think

I WANT TO MAKE A GUILD WITH BATTLE TACTICS WARRIORS ONLY!

ALL THEY WILL DO IS BATTLE LEAP ON GROUPS OF PEOPLE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND THEN RAGE STRIKE THEM ALL DOWN FOR 10K A PIECE AND THEN SPIN AWAY LIKE ROFLCOPTERS KILLING ANYONE WHO'S NOT QUITE DEAD YET

I GARENTEE IT WILL SHINE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN, ARRGGHHH I HAVE SKIN CANCER JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS

But maybe I will still get 10 DPS knights so they can constantly shield fortress us while we jump on people OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN and maybe throw a few REALLY PAINFUL BATTLE TACTICS SHIELDS

#78 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:15 AM

Guys.

Won a Dostoev Rare+ for 11k zeny, finished my Band of Brothers CoA Card set.

My Knight isn't level 50 yet! O:

All 5 cards are ready! :D

Need a bit more points for colo weapon though x:

This is gonna be fun :3

My planned build:

http://www.ro2base.c...310621.22310627

And so far +55 AGI from costumes

Still those 3 points I'm uncertain on x_x

3 more in Aura Shield to soak up dmg during AoE and to compensate for Concentration penalty?

3 in Aura heal for the "lulz"

Edited by Kalandros, 03 July 2013 - 04:23 AM.

#79 Yoruno

Yoruno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

@LuBu

OR. Get 10 DPS knights with Shield Fortress and then Shield Charge/ Shield Bash/ Shield Cannon Everything into oblivion while keeping 25% dmg reduc FULL TIME LIKE A WALL OF SPARTANS CRASHING HELPLESS MILITIAS. mmm Shields... now that's a knight squad.

Something else I've been meaning to mention, if you warrior/knights have other swordies you party up with often, you can somewhat save 4 points by leaving Battle Order at 1/5, after all only 1 can be active at all times for whole team.

Edited by Yoruno, 03 July 2013 - 04:28 AM.

#80 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

Hmmm...GvG...let me think

I WANT TO MAKE A GUILD WITH BATTLE TACTICS WARRIORS ONLY!

ALL THEY WILL DO IS BATTLE LEAP ON GROUPS OF PEOPLE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND THEN RAGE STRIKE THEM ALL DOWN FOR 10K A PIECE AND THEN SPIN AWAY LIKE ROFLCOPTERS KILLING ANYONE WHO'S NOT QUITE DEAD YET

I GARENTEE IT WILL SHINE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN, ARRGGHHH I HAVE SKIN CANCER JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS

But maybe I will still get 10 DPS knights so they can constantly shield fortress us while we jump on people OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN and maybe throw a few REALLY PAINFUL BATTLE TACTICS SHIELDS

Best.. post... ever!

#81 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

@Kalandros Aura shield will be more useful, and if I ever respec I'd put my points into that. Concidering  it will stack with SF makes it even better for getting thru aoe crap. IF there isn't a war/knight tank in the group you could get away with 4/5 headcrush to boost dps a bit.

Get a wave of knights to all shield charge in a line combined with a wave of warriors leaping over their heads to take part in glorious battle! The knights follow up with stuns while a tornado of brandish sweeps thru the ranks and ends in rage stirkes FOR MASSIVE CRITICAL DAMAGE!

#82 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

Finally hit 50, got my crafted stuff, need to get used to the rotation and keeping Concentration up takes.. a lot of paying attention! O:

#83 Yoruno

Yoruno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

So Bronx mentioned somewhere about 2aura aurastrike having more dps output than 3aura aurastrike, and i think im see how it is. Try it and see how it goes for you guys.

Of course credits to bronx.

Oh also, concentration works on headcrush's DoT, so im guessing aura blade too. This makes headcrush alittle more lethal.

Now to wait for berserk+AB warriors with 5/5 headcrush bleeding people to death.

currently i just bash for one aura, use concentration, do a headcrush and then continue with my usual rotation.

Edited by Yoruno, 05 July 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#84 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

Also 2 aura AS is less likey to waste an aura mastery proc. I've wasted a many aura mastery procs when attempting to gather 3 aura even when paying attention it happends because bash cooldown/animation is a turd.

#85 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

I don't have shield cannon, but I've noticed that having it trains the person to always wait until they have 3 auras saved up to use the combo finisher. If the person wasn't paying attention and merely spamming buttons mindlessly, they will often disregard the aura mastery proc and proceed to build 3 auras anyway, since they're conditioned to do so.

On certain targets you could miss a whole lot of your bashes before finally getting 3 auras, effectively murdering your DPS.

If you train yourself to go on 2 auras, then any aura mastery procs within those 2 initial bashes, would lead to a quick shield cannon + aura strike, or aura strike + aura strike. And since you go off 2 auras, going from zero auras, shield bash immediately into aura strike, or possibly 2 aura strikes if you get the proc, is a quick explosive combo that will literally floor the opposition. You also have enough time for a follow-up move of choice before they're able to act again. My personal favorite is the Shield Boom OTG, to prevent runners.

Edited by Bronx, 05 July 2013 - 08:29 AM.

#86 Hoshizuka

Hoshizuka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

does haste even do anything for knights since all their skills are instant.  I mean it doesn't speed up animation time does it?

#87 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

I'm not sure if it speeds up animation time, I'll swap out my gears and check, but I don't think so. If anything, haste will give you more attack speed, making your normal hits come out more often, which really adds up if you have a good amount of crit. 

Edited by Bronx, 05 July 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#88 Hoshizuka

Hoshizuka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

thats worthless ur regular attack speed IS SO SLOW its like 1 hit per 2 seconds.

#89 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Well, you're also bashing, aura striking, your headcrush DoT should be ticking. Thats alot of numbers on the screen. 

#90 Hoshizuka

Hoshizuka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

still ur wasting ALL the haste for like what a fraction of a second reuse delay? its not worth it compared to parry/dodge equip where BOTH of the stats are actually useful to u.  rather than only vigor is useful to u

#91 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

But you will miss a lot more using Parry/Dodge gear, and missing kind of depletes the point of being a DPS focused knight. See topic.

#92 Hoshizuka

Hoshizuka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

have you actually tested this out? how often do u miss compared to ur tank gear?  Btw i'm not trying to sound like a dick i actually want to know because i only have tank gear on my battle tactic dps knight

Edit: Also it might help if we knew how hit/dodge is actually calculated.  Like having 105% hit rate vs a 30% dodge rate does that mean u hit like a 75% chance to hit?

Edit2: also can you tell me how much more hit u get from ur dps gear compared to ur tank gear lol last edit promise

Edited by Hoshizuka, 05 July 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#93 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

I'm tempted to go for 5/5 headcrush instead of Shield Cannon but seeing those ShCannon Crits, I'm not sure yet! O:

Hrmm

Anyway, I ran Bapho (N) and one priest called me out "You're useless to the group" so I proceeded to be in the top 3 on threat (under tank of course) without using pots and also saving a sorc from the meteor strike during bapho when I swapped to shield fort ~_~

Them naysayers can go to hell.

O:

#94 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

IF we are affected by haste you need to figure it's a % increase. How much faster is a 1 second attack going to get? In any general game haste isn't a flat increase. It scales with the attack speed animations. So if the attack is already fast it's not getting that flat %, it has diminishing returns.

As for the whole aura point problem, the spec is a bit twitchy. You want 3 aura for refreshing concentration as well. Using 2 is a waste. Not to mention the auto skill F key will light up with AS or SC when aura mastery procs. Depending on 2 aura method is a gamble, you are hoping for the proc to rigger so you don't overshoot aura gains. But you can get proc strings at times. Train yourself to recognize your dps icons in the buff bar so you don't waste procs. \

Gear: Try going thru CoA. I sure as hell noticed the difference in missing on rat master and other bosses with and without pump it up hard pills (5% hit). There's a reason EVEN THE TANK BONUS SET has hit on it in CoA. Hit is required since the bosses are a higher level. As dps spec your output is going to drop if you aren't stacking hit. An attack must hit to be able to crit. It's a dominio effect.

Edited by SonicTMP, 05 July 2013 - 09:19 AM.

#95 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

have you actually tested this out? how often do u miss compared to ur tank gear?  Btw i'm not trying to sound like a dick i actually want to know because i only have tank gear on my battle tactic dps knight

Edit: Also it might help if we knew how hit/dodge is actually calculated.  Like having 105% hit rate vs a 30% dodge rate does that mean u hit like a 75% chance to hit?

Edit2: also can you tell me how much more hit u get from ur dps gear compared to ur tank gear lol last edit promise

I was doing Bapho N with some friends the other night, using a tank gear, and my hit rate was abysmal. It made me want to cry.

#96 Hoshizuka

Hoshizuka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

this requires some testing.  I'll see how much i miss for raids and stuff on my knight but so far i don't seem to have a huge problem with it.

#97 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

IF we are affected by haste you need to figure it's a % increase. How much faster is a 1 second attack going to get? In any general game haste isn't a flat increase. It scales with the attack speed animations. So if the attack is already fast it's not getting that flat %, it has diminishing returns.

As for the whole aura point problem, the spec is a bit twitchy. You want 3 aura for refreshing concentration as well. Using 2 is a waste. Not to mention the auto skill F key will light up with AS or SC when aura mastery procs. Depending on 2 aura method is a gamble, you are hoping for the proc to rigger so you don't overshoot aura gains. But you can get proc strings at times. Train yourself to recognize your dps icons in the buff bar so you don't waste procs. \

I only go to 3 Auras when I need Concentration or my SC cooldown is almost completed, otherwise I try to use aura strike at 2 auras, so far its been working quite well.

Edited by Kalandros, 05 July 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#98 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

To maximize DPS, you need Raw Attack Damage, Hit, Vigor, and Haste. To maximize tanking potential, you need High HP, Defense, Parry, and Dodge.  -Fin

Sure it's doable to tank with DPS gear and vice versa, but you're not exactly min/maxing now are you?

Edited by Bronx, 05 July 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#99 Hoshizuka

Hoshizuka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

nope to maximize my dps i need more crits and more int =)

#100 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

Crits can miss. Your Int and Crits are wasted if you miss, like Sonic said earlier.

Back to the 3 auras vs 2 auras: Take two knights, both level 50 with similar gears. Both get full party buffs, exact same foods/buffs/steroids, then have them duel 10 or more times. 1 knight builds 3 auras before AS, while the other builds 2 for AS. Watch and see who consistently wins.

Edited by Bronx, 05 July 2013 - 09:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users