Event: First Five Groups to Complete Culvert of Abyss - Page 5 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Event: First Five Groups to Complete Culvert of Abyss

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#101 frostsense

frostsense

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

Posted Image

#102 Garlantec

Garlantec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

Personally they should put this event back until next week and hotfix those exploits. Then the guilds can get 'em done without being accussed of bugging, and everyone else is sated by the fact it wasn't possible to bug it at the time. Just because "other people are doing it" or "It's the only way to do it" doesn't mean it's right.

That'd mean for'em to think a step ahead, don't do that bro, don't expect'em to think!!!

Anyway, congratz too all the guilds, which've completed this so far, in whichever way you did it, I don't really give a damn about. :heh:

Edited by Garlantec, 26 June 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#103 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yeah, lets take a stroll down this road buddy.

The topic clearly states the first five guilds to complete Culvert of Abyss. That involves killing the final boss, which is in my opinion the most difficult and entertaining fight out of the whole instance. There's a reason everyone is posting screenshots of their Ratmaster kills and not their Culvert Band/Mongi kills.

So now that you've challenged the entire guild to provide proof of our legitimacy, I figure I would challenge you:

Find me a video on youtube of some group or guild clearing Mongi/Culvert legit.

#104 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

Congratulations to the guilds/groups who have downed normal (and are working on hard)! This thread needs more positive encouragement.

#105 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

I don't care what Foldie does, I don't even care if he glitches the entire dungeon up to the point that all bosses die the moment he turns around and farts...

AS LONG AS HE CONTINUES TO DRAW FUNNY PICTURES OF THINGS THAT ARE REAL

#106 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

The topic clearly states the first five guilds to complete Culvert of Abyss. That involves killing the final boss, which is in my opinion the most difficult and entertaining fight out of the whole instance. There's a reason everyone is posting screenshots of their Ratmaster kills and not their Culvert Band/Mongi kills.

So now that you've challenged the entire guild to provide proof of our legitimacy, I figure I would challenge you:

I don't know what doing Mongi legit is , but all my group did was kite the boss while we killed the speakers? Then went on boss. Is that legit or what?

#107 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

I don't know what doing Mongi legit is , but all my group did was kite the boss while we killed the speakers? Then went on boss. Is that legit or what?

[sarcasm] Nah it clearly isn't legit because you beat it. [/sarcasm]

But it's time for Bill Nye's Consider the Following:

Posted Image

- Haters complained that we didn't kill Humbaba Legit. We recorded/posted it.
- They complained we didn't kill Einherjar N/H legit. Once again, we recorded and posted it.
- They're once again complaining we didn't kill Ratmaster legit, and once again we recorded and posted it.

Are you really gonna challenge us that we can't kill Band and Mongi legit? You're gonna look like an idiot.

Edited by Fold, 26 June 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#108 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Nah it clearly isn't legit because you beat it.

Damn I suck.

#109 Confuddle01

Confuddle01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGangnam, Seoul
  • Server:IcE Nerdmaster

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

Collision sucks. They got their colo gear and downed a raid.

I mean, who does that?

#110 Veloarc

Veloarc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

Like I said in my last post, I understood your logic of posting the whole "Ratmaster Normal Legit" video and arguing in manner you did. I'm not going to get into the whole thing about what exactly "complete CoA" means.

I am curious, however, as to how you were able to form your opinion on the "most difficult and entertaining fight" if you didn't actually experience two of the fights the way they were designed. Or is the Ratmaster the "most difficult and entertaining" by virtue of it being the last boss?

And yeah, there's a reason why everyone's posting SS of their Ratmaster kill and not their earlier boss kills, because the only way to get 5/5 CoA is to kill the last boss, and the logical point in time to take your screenshot for this particular event would be, oh I don't know, after the last boss? What kind of argument are you trying to make?

As far as the video goes, in the words of a great man:

I really don't feel like uploading kill videos for every boss just to satisfy you.

#111 ShotsFired

ShotsFired

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

Collision sucks. They got their colo gear and downed a raid.

I mean, who does that?

Not us. We kill trash and give our MT DPS Accessories.

#112 Keiven

Keiven

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Oh man can't we all just put our tampons aside and be happy for those who finished it? i mean seriously!? if you wanna find a legit way that all of you guys are asking for killing mongi and the culvert band then be my guest post it, maybe what collision did was the legit way? peace out <3<3

#113 Elysion

Elysion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

so let me get this straight.
To clear CoA Normal, you have to use gear slightly better than what CoA Hard drops (colo), AND bug it, while using cash shop items, in order to win?

By the way im not implying these people who did it are terrible for having done that, i know some of them, and they conveyed to me that it is literally impossible to do CoA N with baph/pve H gear.

Maybe all events should be held off untill this gets fixed. Because it should be laughably easy to do this while dunk having colo gear, which is a full tier higher, not almost impossible.

Edited by Elysion, 26 June 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#114 PoweredByRice

PoweredByRice

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:North American

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Don't worry though, we'll post a video of us redoing the first boss and third boss again legitimately according to Veloarc's standards later today but it doesn't really matter because most people just love to criticize regardless. As I've said with others in this thread already, instead of spending your time posting this stuff how about you actually spend some time getting as far as we do in the game? I would love to see that. Oh don't worry though, I'm sure many guilds out there have killed PvE Hard Round 7 Legitimately all the time and have never used a bug in their entire lifetime. Like my good friend Veloarc for example, the justice of the people.

Big congratulations again to Fairy Tail and Exodus, I'm not sure how you guys did every boss since you guys didn't stream, but regardless you guys shouldn't let any people in this thread put you down either.

Edited by PoweredByRice, 26 June 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#115 NeythanB

NeythanB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

I just want to say I thoroughly enjoyed your stream. Especially parts where you streamed:

The Team Colo tactic of "protect and feed the Leroy:" This, ladies and gentlemen, or in the words of Leroy, "hey boys and girls", is how you win a Colosseum.
http://www.twitch.tv/m/32644

Feeding kills to your guildies huh? so pro...

Worst PvP system EVER.

Collosseum is soooo broken,people actually dont fight to get their sets,just run around doing ks and in some cases,your guildies feed you some kills...

Thanks Velo for found and share how this guys found their sets,they are so pro.

Edited by NeythanB, 26 June 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#116 Keiven

Keiven

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Much appreciated the sentiment Rice, With love from exodus

#117 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

So Velo, let's go off topic for a bit. I don't think you understand progression from a hardcore perspective. Allow me to give you an example from a better game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-BEeJbITSw

This is my guild doing Heroic Primordius, if you've ever played WoW. This was a US 19th kill using an "exploit" of sorts to cheese the fight. This wasn't even a high ranking kill compared to our US 10 Durumu and Dark Animus. Why? Because multiple guilds have exploited this strat. Lets compare this ranking to a competing guild, Huge in Japan

Notice how their other rankings aren't as high? Because they exploited a boss's mechanic to get ahead of the curve. All top guilds do that. At the end of the day, nobody gives a damn except for the number next to your name. Ironically, they patched it next week and we proceeded to do the fight as intended and had 0 problems with it.

So what does this prove? All we care about is the rank. We know we can do it legit, just as we have done every other "impossible" boss in this game. If you think we can't, you're an idiot.

Edited by Fold, 26 June 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#118 Veloarc

Veloarc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

Don't worry though, we'll post a video of us redoing the first boss and third boss again legitimately according to Veloarc's standards later today but it doesn't really matter because most people just love to criticize regardless. As I've said with others in this thread already, instead of spending your time posting this stuff how about you actually spend some time getting as far as we do in the game? I would love to see that. Oh don't worry though, I'm sure many guilds out there have killed PvE Hard Round 7 Legitimately all the time. Like my good friend Veloarc for example, the justice of the people.

Big congratulations again to Fairy Tail and Exodus, I'm not sure how you guys did every boss since you guys didn't stream, but regardless you guys shouldn't let any people in this thread put you down either.

I don't really care that people abuse game mechanics to get things down. I agree with Renovatio's point in that it is the Devs' job to fix things, and no reasonable person would put in more efforts than they need to get things done.

But just don't come out all denying and lying about it, especially when you actually recorded yourself doing it. I didn't even post a single thing on this thread until I saw an apparent challenge by Fold to "check the stream videos." I checked, and yep, you know the rest.

If you try to bluff people, someone is bound to call you out on it.

#119 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Worst PvP system EVER.

Collosseum is soooo broken,people actually dont fight to get their sets,just run around doing ks and in some cases,your guildies feed you some kills...

Dude....

#120 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

Worst PvP system EVER.

Blame the system, not the people who take advantage of it.

If you think you're gonna find a single ounce of integrity in this MMO or any other, you'd better stop playing now.

#121 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

gasp?! cheat to win?! why am i surprised? *sarcasm*

#122 Timmt

Timmt

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

You guys should be directing your anger at the developers of the game rather than the players. I can't fault players for resorting to taking advantage of the in-game mechanics in clever ways when the bosses are so overtuned that you need best in slot, pay to win Kafra items just to barely beat RM Normal.

It's just bad game design and a fail business model. Simply take a page from SEA: a lot of players quit the game because they couldn't progress past CoA. Games are supposed to be fun, but casual players will be turned off by the difficulty, and only the hardcore players will remain.

#123 Leester

Leester

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Blame the system, not the people who take advantage of it.

If you think you're gonna find a single ounce of integrity in this MMO or any other, you'd better stop playing now.

Nuff said.

#124 Veloarc

Veloarc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

So Velo, let's go off topic for a bit. I don't think you understand progression from a hardcore perspective. Allow me to give you an example from a better game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-BEeJbITSw

This is my guild doing Heroic Primordius, if you've ever played WoW. This was a US 19th kill using an "exploit" of sorts to cheese the fight. This wasn't even a high ranking kill compared to our US 10 Durumu and Dark Animus. Why? Because multiple guilds have exploited this strat. Lets compare this ranking to a competing guild, Huge in Japan

Notice how their other rankings aren't as high? Because they exploited a boss's mechanic to get ahead of the curve. All top guilds do that. At the end of the day, nobody gives a damn except for the number next to your name. Ironically, they patched it next week and we proceeded to do the fight as intended and had 0 problems with it.

So what does this prove? All we care about is the rank. We know we can do it legit, just as we have done every other "impossible" boss in this game. If you think we can't, you're an idiot.

Oh okay lets go off topic. Honestly, no one cares about rank 19. Let me give you a better example. This was back in the WotLK days.

The last instance of WotLK was the Icecrown Citadel. After ICC was released, the instance was put on a schedule where the entire raid would get a percentage buff (increments of 5%) every few weeks. This was designed to incrementally make the instance easier to make what seem to be impossible fights for 99% of the guilds possible as time goes on. Now as you can imagine, the "top guilds" were competing to get World First on LK and they would love to do so WITHOUT the handicap.

This is where <Ensidia> comes in. Now <Ensidia> was a world famous WoW guild. They were truly one of the world's top guilds. On one fine day, they downed LK on 25-man HM. OMG, WORLD FIRST!!!! E-PEEN SO BIG!

But it turns out that they exploited a bug in the fight to bypass a boss mechanic. So what happened to them?

1. They ALL got temporarily banned by Blizzard for 3 days.
2. All the achievements and awarded associated with downing LK (like realm first title, etc.) were revoked.
3. They were ridiculed by the gaming community for the longest time.

Of course the bug was quickly hotfixed. Now they tried to argue that it was Blizzard's fault for the design defect, and that they didn't know what they were doing was an exploit. But hey, no one gave a crap, not Blizzard, not the rest of the WoW community. They all got banned.

So what does this prove? Your argument fails once again.

Edited by Veloarc, 26 June 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#125 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Yep, nobody cares about top 20 kills, they just put in 4 hours a day, 5 days a week into a game for no reason. Wake up please.

By the way, you can't compare a world first end-tier boss to two mid-tier fights that have already been released on two different versions of this game with the same exact exploit strategy that still hasn't been fixed since day 1 in kRO2. This isn't the first time Mongi or Band have been bugged, and it won't be the last.

On that note, have you ever considered there is no right way to do Mongi or Band? You would assume that a bug that existed for so long that is so devestating would be fixed immediately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users