Eclage - Brothers & Magic Scholar Quest - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Eclage - Brothers & Magic Scholar Quest

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

Hello there.

Is there anyone who finished this quest that can help me out to finish mine? I've already done all the other eclage quests, and I'm stuck in this one.

I am stuck at the part that I have to go inside a house in 307,237 inside eclage and the house always appears locked and can't go in. I already received the letter from the mayor, delivered it to his brother inside the 4th level in bifrost tower, then talked to the chief of staff and the guard minuel, then talked again with the brother, and know I am stuck with the same dialogues in all this chars and I don't know what to do next. What am I missing here, anyone knows?

Thanks,

Dude

#2 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

I'm stuck here, too. I think it's bugged. Kieri was the only one who was able to finish it ._.

#3 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:23 AM

Yeah, I thought of that also, that maybe the quest is bugged, but if Kieri already done it, then it's not bugged (I think)... damm, it's my last quest of eclage to finish and because of it, one of the daily quests, the wild yay, I can't repeat it because the guard minuel only gives me dialogue to continue this quest and doesn't give me the other one :(

#4 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

is it true these quests give good exp? cuz i cant even get past the initial unlocking quest. the monsters have way too much hp for anyone but a ranger to solo

#5 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

Yes, they give good exp, some more than other, but good exp all around.

To give you a rough idea, my ranger is 150/42 and when I started out the eclage quests, with the rewards for doing the quests and the killing of monsters, I went from 70% job 42 to 20% job 43. I don't know about the base exp, but the job exp is very good so I can imagine the base is already good.

With one quest, you gain an item to instant teleport to eclage and in another one, you get an accessory that you can enchant.

Besides that, there are 8 daily quests that you can repeat in 23h that gives splendide coins and exp.

Edited by hernanidude, 28 June 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#6 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

I did them pretty much on the day of them going live, I tried to redo it on an alt and I am running into the same issue now on the alt.

is it true these quests give good exp? cuz i cant even get past the initial unlocking quest. the monsters have way too much hp for anyone but a ranger to solo

I did it on a Warlock does that count? >3>

Edited by Kieri, 28 June 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#7 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Yeah I did it a day before the next maint dropped and got stuck so I'm assuming between the launch and the next maint there was a fix that screwed up the entire quest.

And yeah it sucked cause I was grinding coins, too, and I couldn't do the wild new trend, either T_T

I pmed both Oda and Camp about it (I figured a ticket would be useless) but they're both just ignoring my pm lol.

I did it on an AB ;D Just bring some pots or a friend to kill / tank stuff ;o

Edited by Sapphic, 28 June 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#8 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Ok, so it seems that this quest is really bugged, because now also Kieri can't do it on an alt char... damm, one less daily quest to make :( Maybe Oda or Camp or other Mod sees this topic and pass it on to the team that can fix this issue...

#9 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

Please post what character is stuck and we can check the character's variables.

#10 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

Hi Oda,

My stuck char is {Dude} - Ranger

Thanks.

#11 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Saphical or you can read my pm about it ._.

#12 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

Not fixed yet with this maintenance... maybe we were forgotten :(

#13 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

They probably just don't know what caused it and how to fix it. It was some added patch after the base patch lol.

#14 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Yeah, I tried two times, one after the base maintenance patch and another one after the added patch the next day, but still stuck at the same place... damm :(

#15 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Ok, now after the maintenance, I could finally continue the quest but got bugged at the instance memorial entrance dungeon part, it always says i'm in standby priority number 1 but don't let me in...

#16 MirnadenGarten

MirnadenGarten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1090 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

wait... i finish this quest, but i dont see that instance D:

#17 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

Instance won't create on the step I'm on ): cause I chose a different option !

You can check Saphical again to see what step it is @_@

Edited by Sapphic, 18 July 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#18 misimon

misimon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSpain
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

That's weird, I did the instance by myself and finished the quest (some hours ago) with no problem. o_o

#19 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

wait... i finish this quest, but i dont see that instance D:

When you talk to mayor and get the exp reward, if you talk to him again, you continue the quest and have to return to hilsie in bifrost dungeon, then chief of staff, then mayor and so on... until you reach the step I am in, which is the memorial dungeon part

Apparently you have to do it with one other person who is also on that step of the quest which is MIND BLOWINGLY STUPID, but whatever!

Any chance you could change the instance requirement to one person? All you have to do is kill some really low HP monsters... it's really dumb. There aren't that many people who quest with others like that and it doesn't even tell you that you need someone else. The instance just fails to make repeatedly. Maybe it'd work more on a high population server that really loved questing?

You can check Saphical again to see what step it is @_@

Did you manage to finish it? I already tried last night with other person who were at the same step that I am and both of us couldn't get inside the dungeon (i tried alone in my party and with him also in my party and nothing changed)...

That's weird, I did the instance by myself and finished the quest (some hours ago) with no problem. o_o

What did you do exactly, talked with chief of staff first to reserve the dungeon, standby priority number 1 appeared to you, then you clicked the closed entrance and choose the option to enter and that's it? Because this is what I am doing and can't get in...

#20 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

HMM that's what Kieri told me to do. Also the JRO guide says you need someone else on. I haven't tried it yet, but why can misimon get in fine? T_T This quest is just all kinds of borked.

When the chief of staff asked me to hold hands I took her hand. Did you guys do that?

I met someone else trying to do the quest and they said they also took the chief of staff's hand. If you didn't take it, there's an extra step to talk to the king again. I think this fork in the quest is causing the instance to break ):

Camp help, I know you're the quest guy ): Why is it doing this?!

fWTrwL8.jpg

Edited by Sapphic, 18 July 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#21 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

Dodgy coding

#22 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

HMM that's what Kieri told me to do. Also the JRO guide says you need someone else on. I haven't tried it yet, but why can misimon get in fine? T_T This quest is just all kinds of borked.

When the chief of staff asked me to hold hands I took her hand. Did you guys do that?

I met someone else trying to do the quest and they said they also took the chief of staff's hand. If you didn't take it, there's an extra step to talk to the king again. I think this fork in the quest is causing the instance to break ):

Camp help, I know you're the quest guy ): Why is it doing this?!

fWTrwL8.jpg

I also gave her my hands the first time, didn't chose the other option of asking permission to the mayor, maybe it's that part that buggs this quest for us... :( we only need to confirm with the people that already made the dungeon, if they chose the other option first... so close to the end, and not able to finish this :(

#23 HAnnuus

HAnnuus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

I also gave her my hands the first time, didn't chose the other option of asking permission to the mayor, maybe it's that part that buggs this quest for us... :( we only need to confirm with the people that already made the dungeon, if they chose the other option first... so close to the end, and not able to finish this :(

I dunt choose give her my hands the first time, i met the mayor first...and my quest bugged too(failed to create the memorial dungeon)...so, its should not be the reason the quest bugged...

#24 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Is the instance just bugged for the people who were stuck on that one step? :(

#25 MirnadenGarten

MirnadenGarten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members