#1 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

YOUR WoE Wishlist

Before WoE launches this summer, we would like to hear your “wishlist” and expectations on WoE. Without our players, Ro2 wouldn’t exist today. Before we present WoE’s official launch, we want to hear your ideas, opinions, and wishes. With your wishes, we will make it “YOUR WoE”.

Below is a list of questions for everyone to answer. Please be clear and concise.

Here are the rules:

1.Please post only once. If you have things you want to add, please edit your original post.
2.Only serious posts will be allowed. Any posts that are not on topic or are inappropriate will be removed.
3.Please only post answers to this thread. NO conversation. There will be a separate conversation thread and you are welcome to quote posts and comment there.
LINK HERE
4.Please copy and paste the questionnaire, and then write your answers after each question.

To thank everyone participating in the Woe Wishlist, we will be doing a drawing. Every person who posts in this thread with an accepted post will have their names put in a raffle. 5 winners will receive a 400 pt WPE prize.

Thank you and enjoy.

---
Questions:

1. What is your IGN?

2. What are your expectations on WOE? What are some things you would like see in WOE?

3. What kind of incentive or reward do you expect from participating in WOE, from becoming a Fortress owner, etc? What kind of incentives or rewards would you like to see come from WoE that can potentially keep your interest in it?

4. What features do you look for in PVP?

5. How many times a week would you want to do WOE? What time?

6. Do you have any other thoughts, concerns, wishes, etc? Anything you want us to know or look out for?

-----

Please realize that this is JUST a wishlist, and not all ideas or suggestions will be implemented in WoE. 

#2 Gutling

Gutling

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

1. What is your IGN?
Gutling

2. What are your expectations on WOE? What are some things you would like see in WOE?
Team/guild based pvp on a large scale. A fun environment, where skill is a factor.

3. What kind of incentive or reward do you expect from participating in WOE, from becoming a Fortress owner, etc? What kind of incentives or rewards would you like to see come from WoE that can potentially keep your interest in it?
The PVP based armor is nice for colo/woe events, but possibly make it only pvp. IE When you enter woe, your armor changes to your pvp gear. For rewards, please not potions. Tired of stacking purple chests knowing there is no point in ever opening them lol. Maybe like random woe point boxes, points for woe gear etc.

Being able to rank good based on skill, not a page full of buffs/pots. I know some people crazy serious about pvp, I am not. I just like to have fun. Sometimes, colo is not fun. Its the most frustrating thing in the world. I did battlegrounds in WOW constantly, and loved it. I like a bunch of objectives, so everyone does not have to zerg the castle. Make sure there are things the smaller guilds can do, and still profit and enjoy themselves.

24/7. Lol. Maybe 3 times daily like colo, so everyone gets a far time frame that works for them.

6. Do you have any other thoughts, concerns, wishes, etc? Anything you want us to know or look out for?
​Please make it a more fun experience than colo. Some kind of reward for damaging another person, instead of just final hit. Im scared of the huge 100 ppl guilds getting up top, and then nobody else ever getting a chance at good rewards.

#3 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

1. What is your IGN?

My IGN is NItro.

In RO1, relationships between guilds were greatly affected by who you choose to ally with. I would like to see something similar to this in RO2, potentially with entire guild alliances working to protect a series of fortresses they own. In addition to this, I would again like to see PVP based guild dungeons. While this can prove to feed drama, it also provided a place for strong guilds to fight for MVPs (now raid bosses) in RO1. I would love to see exclusive raid dungeons and alt leveling content for guilds that are victorious in WoE.

I think zeny, tier-N PVP armor, costumes, capes, and accessorizes would be nice PVP rewards.
Please, no "god" items that guilds can horde and basically ignore all content from now until kingdom come. Any items released in WoE that can not be replaced in content with later tiers would be game breaking in my opinion.

I like balance, and fast paced PVP. I enjoy battle grounds based objective PVP much better than run and gun deathwatches in MMORPGs.

I think two or three times a week, like RO1 would work fine. I probably would not be able to make tons of them if it takes hours to complete on a frequent basis.

My main concern is trying to do WoE with one fortress in RO2. WoE is a big deal in Ragnarok Online, and player population is going to spike HUGE. Imagine the chaos if the entire server shows up for this event regularly and there is only one map or fortress.

#4 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

1. What is your IGN?
Navy

Out of WoE I'd like to see all the bad stuff from RO1 WoE improved on without taking out one of the great main event that has always attracted players to RO. Examples, monopoly over castles should definitely not be allowed. advantage given to guild that do acquire a castle should be great, but not game breakign to the point that everyone are just guild hoping in the winning guilds to acquire those advantage. What has always been the fun factor are the great fight between guilds and the easy way to come back in the battle and get right back into it.

Well everyone that participate and do something should earn something even if small, it's how you keep players coming back and wanting to participate in grand battles. If playing for 2 hours every week earns you nothing never because other guilds are always dominating, then players will just move on to something else. Materials, Blood point, Union Points, random boxes (like colo) and consumable all seems reasonable.

There should be a balances or cap on player stats and no game breaking gear will be too much for other players to compete with.

2-3 times a week would seem reasonable. but it would be hard to balanced for everyone international wise

No easy god items mode to winning guilds please :P, everything has to be doable by anyone.

#5 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

1. What is your IGN?
BronxZENuff

I would want WoE to be the 3D upgrade to RO1's WoE system. WoE was the driving force behind RO1 for many years. People played the game for WoE. I want WoE on RO2 to be just as fun as it was on RO1, with alot more attention to balance. I am against any kind of generic stat re-balancing that you guys have in Colo. I want level 30's to hit like level 30's and level 50's to hit like level 50's.

I think that the treasure box system from RO1 is good. Minus the god items. It would be nostalgic for those that have played RO1. The contents of the boxes can range from: Unidentified Cards (Blue), Materials for crafting Epic gears, Epic crafting recipes, crafting materials (Firmaments), zeny bags, Oridecon/Elu, and some rare costumes. I think the rewards for WoE should be items people need, and items people can sell to continue to fund future WoE sieges.

Balance and fun. Remember Biochemists and Sinx. What about Suras? We don't want that.

5. How many times a week would you want to do WOE? What times?
2 times a week would be standard. Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Keep it balanced. Keep it fun. The game will succeed if you keep those 2 things in mind.

#6 Akayo

Akayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLand of Confusion

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

1. What is your IGN?
Seraph

Team based PvP where strategy and skill play a bigger role than cash shop items and sheer numbers. Also, players should be rewarded for fulfilling their class roles, and not be gimped simply because they can't get a last hit as well as other classes *cough*Colo*cough*.

Something that the guild, as a whole, could show off. Specific guild costumes or guild "titles" would be pretty cool I think. A viable method to earn decent blood points, without making it easy to abuse, and also a zeny source would be good incentives as well.

4. What features do you look for in PvP?
Class balance and no cash shop items. Skill and strategy should be the primary deciders but gear should play an important role as well; What's the point in working hard on getting top tier gear if, in the end, everything is evened out anyway. Colo already balances gear to give lower level characters a chance, WOE should be more high level play.

Three times a week, possibly with specials during the weekends. There should be two different WOE times to accommodate North American players and European players.

Balance is the key, also have different objectives so everyone, regardless of play style, can have some fun and get rewards.

#7 Billeh

Billeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

1. What is your IGN?
- Billy

- Stable and balanced guild wars based on skill. I'd like to see stuff smaller guilds can accomplish without having to blow loads of cash/zeny so everyone can have fun. Since Alliances are out of the picture atm, bigger party options (50? 80?) strictly for woe would also be great so the small guilds that do team up to combat bigger guilds aren't killing each other in AoE's.

- I quite like the Blood Point thing but there's not much else to get once you've gotten all your gear. Maybe WoE specific points or new stuff for us to spend BP on. Something reminiscent of RO1 treasure boxes would be nice too. Random Card things (restructured better to things people would want.) Oridecon, Karnium, Costumes, etc. Nothing too game breaking.

- Balance and fun. P2W stuff turns away a lot of people.

- Probably any chance I get but preferably on weekends, maybe after the 7pm PDT Colosseum.

- Watch for any class imbalances please. One of the main concerns I have is people feeling forced into larger guilds just to get any fun out of WoE. I don't think it'd be very interesting if it devolves into Big Guild A fighting Big Guild B all the time because C-Z just don't have enough people to even get in the fight.

#8 BrothaRay

BrothaRay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationI've been everywhere, man
  • Server:Cops and Robbers

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

1. What is your IGN?
Cylas

Team/guild based pvp on a large scale and in-game support for alliances in-between other guilds. Overall, I believe that this should be a challenging environment where the players and their skill decide winners above all else..

Rewards:I believe that some rewards people should receive in WOE should be blood points and cosmetic items. I do not believe that anyone should be rewarded with buff potions that make them stronger. If someone is good enough to be rewarded highly in PvP, they should not need any special buffs to make them even harder to defeat. I would also like to say that adding a PvP armor set that is better than any other available content is not a good idea, because it forces every person who wants to be the best to make themselves suitable for PvP.

Fortress Owner: A guild or alliance that comes into the possession of a fortress should be rewarded very generously, but not in any way that makes them over-powered. I believe that the guild as a whole should receive some kind of income, which could possibly increase with other rewards depending on how long they are in control of it.

What I look for most in any PvP setting is balance and a focus on player skill, not how deep their pockets are. I believe that all cash shop related buffs and potions should be banned from WoE, and any other cash shop related items that give 'rich' players an advantage just because they can afford it. In my opinion, a system that rewards people so generously just because they can buy things others cannot just ruins the fun, and makes some not want to participate. I believe that it should be a completely even playing ground where skill and coordination will win, not a set of buffs and potions that someone paid for.

I think maybe 3 or 4 times a day would be nice. However, I can also see a benefit in having it open all the time, or maybe special events where it is open for a week or so at a time.

Balance and player enjoyability. I believe that every class build should have a fair chance at being rewarded for their efforts in WoE, not just those who can push out DPS the fastest. In team-based PvP, healers can make the difference in a fight and can really turn the tide. However, if they focus on healing, they will put out little to no DPS on the enemy. I believe that the entire party or raid group should be rewarded as a whole, rather than an individual player. If a player wants to be rewarded for his efforts as an individual, they should PvP in colo, not WoE.

#9 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

Questions:

1. What is your IGN?
God

My expectations on WoE will be very very dull, I expect to be a lot of lag + d/c's and a whole log of disorganization. From the players that are attempting it and from Gravity/Warp Portal.

Things that I would like to see in WoE
  • No D/c's or Lag
  • Class balances
  • No stealth to crystal ( monsters detect invis )
  • Some sort of rewards for the guild
  • No Q time to get in

Some sort of things that I would like or expect from participating in WoE and becoming a Fortress Owner would be the following :
  • Some server first Castle Reward ( exclusive )
  • WoE equips only attainable from Castle Owners
  • Bloodpoints for every kill
  • Guild rivalry
  • Tax's on everything
This should be very simple :
  • Balance
  • Balance
  • Balance
  • NOT TURN BASE
  • Balance
  • 7PDT ~ 9 PDT
  • 2PDT ~ 4 PDT
  • During Colo's
  • 24/7 on some days

LAG LAG LAG LAG / D/C D/C D/C D/C / LAG LAG LAG / IMBALANCEMENT.

#10 Xamata

Xamata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

IGN: Primlock

Rest is coming :)

#11 Skittles08

Skittles08

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

1. What is your IGN?

KuroiSora

I expect it to be a massacre. It's gonna be a battle of "Who's not lagging?" or "Did you D/C from that AoE?".

What i'd like to see most of all is my guild winning of course. Anything else doesn't matter.

Three things:

Bacon

Cookies

Pie

But, to be serious, large amounts of Zeny from tax to the winning guild. A week/month supply of bragging rights(despends on how long we own the castle). And maybe a shot at "God Tier Items"? like mjolnir and megingjard mats from RO1.

And If there is WoE gear, make the bonuses only work on WoE. And give bonuses like "extra damage to guardians" or "more damage to emperium".  Cash items shop have limits as well. 

The Non-KS system. And some form of reveal for Invis.

Once a week is enough.

I wish all the best for all guilds. Enjoy WoE. No hating on "he bugged this" "she exploited that" "That guild is -_-" "look at  the Terms of Service : here is the link". (Yeah. You know who you are.)

#12 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:NA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

1. What is your IGN?

Chizzmaks

I expect the same woe from ro1 and I hope they do not changed or modified the game content on the upcoming woe just to prove something. Woe in ro1 works fine and a lot of players like it and I hope they do not modified the level of the players who will go to the woe. Last but not the least please put a level requirement who can participate on woe so it will lessen the lag because I cannot imagined how much lag it will be since a lot of players will go online at the same time to capture the castle.

3. What kind of incentive or reward do you expect from participating in WOE, from becoming a Fortress owner, etc? What kind of incentives or rewards would you like to see come from WoE that can potentially keep your interest in it?

I want an armor and weapon that you can earn if you participate in the woe regardless if you are on the winning or loosing guild, in addition for the guild who capture the castle will get extra points to get their armor and weapon faster than the one who don’t and I hope they put exceptional accessories that only a winning guild can have. 

Balance and limit the cash shop items because it will be unfair for other players who cant afford it.

I think 2x a week but they should make the time adjusted to North American time since this server is north American.

I hope they will have a useful guild buffs that guilds can use during WOE. Put tax on the npc so winning guild can acquire the gold to give to all the members who participate on woe.

Edited by 5323130618183626000, 01 July 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#13 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mist...

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

1. What is your IGN?: 

Tsukasa

2. What are your expectations on WOE? What are some things you would like see in WOE?:

Fun, balanced PVP that incorporates a drama free guild based structure. Maybe implement different modes, such as the classic WoE as well as a 5v5/10v10 Castle Defense themed game. (Sort or like LoL or RO2, but you know, fun.)

3. What kind of incentive or reward do you expect from participating in WOE, from becoming a Fortress owner, etc? What kind of incentives or rewards would you like to see come from WoE that can potentially keep your interest in it?:

Customized guild items, such as costumes/capes/etc with guild icons/emblems. Maybe equipment and weapons, but to be honest there are more than enough of those already obtainable by other means. 

4. What features do you look for in PVP?:

Team strategy, incorporating boss mobs from the game, an option to challenge other guilds at any time, not just at previously dictated times. 

5. How many times a week would you want to do WOE? What time?:

See above. 

6. Do you have any other thoughts, concerns, wishes, etc? Anything you want us to know or look out for?:

No matter what you do, someone's going to find a way to cheat the system. It's just something we all have to get used to and learn to look for and fix as soon as possible. Try to keep a close eye on what happens and do your best to make sure you can contain the cheaters. 

Edited by ritsukachan, 01 July 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#14 Crimmeh

Crimmeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

1. What is your IGN?

Fafner

I expect to see a action packed slaughterhouse of several guilds fighting to be supreme ruler. I would like to see key points for defense as well as offense, such as locations to spot incoming enemies and triggers to send special attacks such as arrow shower (not casted by player, but the 'NPC' activation) which can be used in timed increments to assist in defense. This of course would go for offense as well, things like catapults and battering rams. This would give more excitement to how you move around the playing field and more strategy to work on. To me, this should seem like a full scale castle attack and defense.

Getting bloodpoints for kills and all would be nice, but something new for WoE, such as some sort of token for player kills, guardian kills, breaking through certian points, etc. would be fun to get and give something different to work for. Whether these tokens turn in for new equips or crafting mats or even those rune upgrade items (the ones that can turn our rune to a +10 on chance or w/e) it would give more reason to join in to WoE. As for owning the castle at the end, could give zeny or special ruler type gears or something, have it like on RO1 where there are chest that spawn, though I don't know about the whole investment part. For one it could hurt the economy more, but more so with there not being 20 castles to attack it will be unlikely that the castle will not be taken at some point. If you do the investment portion still, make sure it stays at the invested amount through WoE and only reset at the end should another guild have it. Some sort of perk outside of WoE would be cool too, like 5-10% exp boost (nothing too great but worthwhile to have) or heal/damage bonuses or something. Something small that will give them an advantage over others for doing raids more easily and the like, but nothing too major. This perk however should not be active while in Colo. WoE however, might be cool to still have the bonus during the next run so there is a slight bonus to help protect, but that is debatable.

I look for a balance, usually ran best via a rock paper scissors setup, where each class is strong against one class while weak to the other. Tank should be good against DPS, DPS should be good against Heal, and Heal should be good against Tank. A Hybrid would be a match to 2  but also get both weaknesses, so a sorc hybrid would be stronger to tank and heal both, but at the same time due to their split in skills would cause them to be weak to DPS and Tank. Thus they will be most weak to DPS and strongest against heal but stronger against heal and more even with DPS. Might sound confusing, but even the Hybrid types balance out. This of course would require skills to be modified for going against select classes or just changed overall. Could take quite a bit of work and tweaks, but if set right I believe it would make things quite a bit more challenging and interesting.

I would say at least 2 days a week if not 3, and 2 times for each of those days at 12 hour increments or 3 at 8 hour increments, thus giving the most possibilities for all regions to join (I live in Oregon, so it isn't that I am out of the area and complaining about the time or anything). You can set in flags to mark guilds that have already went in that day so that they can not join every one and get any sort of 'advantage', and have each time in 1 day (be it 2 or 3 times) have a different guild winning while still having each still own their castle. This would take some work of course I know, but it would allow everyone to be able to play WoE still and should save from anyone being left out. Gives everyone a chance at any prize there may be too.

Things such as trap, freeze, and stun might need to be reduced on active time as with how it is now one person can be hit by a single player and killed long before they have a chance to move at all. I think people should have at least a little bit of a fighting chance before their demise. Also, kafra shop pots such as explorer pots must absolutely stay locked out of WoE. Those will create a massive disadvantage to anyone that does not have the money to shell out for it. Things like costumes and such that give a slight boost are fine, a slight advantage is one thing, but pots that will heal someone that great amount, especially if they are with a team that all has them, will completely outweigh the balance in it making it truly pay to win. After what I heard from the Q&A it doesn't seam like you want to make this p2w at all, so I hope to see that you only allow things that will give slight advantages over what any normal player can acquire through the came by their own means. 

Edited by Crimmeh, 01 July 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#15 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

1. What is your IGN?

Lionel

My expectations are that WoE will provide organized PVP that will be on a macro level.  The difficulty should arise from the sheer number of people battling it out to secure the limited amount of castles available. 

I would enjoy seeing implementation of different ways to attack and defend. Some ideas are as follows:

• Spread a few raid bosses throughout the castle in side rooms, these bosses can be killed by any group to reduce the castle holder's guild's defense for a certain period of time.  However, the owner of the castle can thwart these attacks by attacking the offensive group.
  • Provide the defenders a resilience buff equal to some increased defense/attack calculation depending on the ratio of attackers to defenders.  This can ward against unfair match-ups related to the queue system.
  • Guarantee a certain number of spots for the defending team.  This should probably be 10-20% of the total number of spots available in WoE at any given time.

Item rewards should be tiered depending on how long you have held a castle.  For example, there could be six tiers of items and you have a chance to win them all each day, but the percentage of winning them increases more as you hold a castle as shown:

dJ4Ukbj.png
This is just an example, but in this example if you have held a castle for three WoEs, then each day you have a 100% chance to win the first three items on the list, a 90% chance to win the tier 4 item, a 72% chance to win the tier 5 item, and finally a 54% chance to win the tier 6 item.  The tier three items could be something like an upgrade token to give to a member so they can upgrade their colo gear.  The tier 4 item could be for exclusive costumes/accessories that are crafted through an NPC by exchanging certain costume creation materials, the tier 6 items could also be used in a much more challenging quest for a permanent legendary accessory that is leaps and bounds better than the best of the existing gear.  The great thing about this method is that as the game evolves and the level cap increases, new items could be implemented to make this a perpetual system. 

We should be rewarded for damaging a target as well as getting a killing blow off.  If WoE includes some kind of point system (like blood points), then if your guild team gets a killing blow, you should be rewarded with a percentage of the blood points for that killing blow (within a set proximity of the kill).  Additionally, support players must be able to get rewarded for supporting the team.  So, if any kill occurs within ~60 yards of the support player, then they should be rewarded an amount equal to half the points earned for getting a killing blow.  The balance here is to make sure everyone of every role is getting rewarded for helping secure a kill, and not necessarily causing the kill.

Warpportal should also release a leader board/stats for players, which can include: (i) number of total kills; (ii) number of assists - helping with a kill; (iii) total damage to emperium; (iv) healing done.  Perhaps the top three players of these categories from each WoE could receive a token item.

WoE should occur twice a week (once per raid reset).  Saturday at 3PM and Wednesday at 6PM PDT would be reasonable times.

Keep it so that the emperium is won by total damage done, not by the killing blow.  Make it so that monsters can see through invisibility.  Limit the consumables that are usable in WoE.  Cash shop items really shouldn't belong here since this is a place to test guild strength and organization, not how much money you have to spend on items.

If I think of more things, I'll add them.

Edited by kwiqsilvr, 02 July 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#16 FateTurns

FateTurns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

1. What is your IGN?

FateTurns

1) I hope that our movement speed would be buffed in order to get to castle faster/ enable mounts in WoE map.

2) i would love to see how this event would turn out and how it would effect the balancing of this game.

3) Honestly i don't know how hard it is going to be - but judging by how hard it is to level a guild - i expect 3~5 guild dominating the few castles (i would only expect pront castle to be there - 5 castles like RO1)

I kind of want special dungeons just like RO1 - or special items that could only be obtained by owning a castle (Like costumes) - i would like to see our guild flag somewhere too (flag with our emblem).

Balance, counters, skills.

That's all i look for in PvP

honestly i'm a bit disappointed that there is no detect stealth unit skills besides from AoE attack hoping to land it on them and reveal them.

2 times

Wednesday and Sat ( 8 PM ~ 10 PM or 9 PM ~ 11 PM or 10 PM ~ 12 PM NA)

I'm hoping it is 2 hours long (It might be a bit weird right now because there isnt much going on in RO2 - but 2 hours is what i would hope for if the server grew larger)

A lot. 

But, I do not think i have the right to complain.

Though - in the future please look out for exploits before it gets out of hands.

Edited by FateTurns, 01 July 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#17 SaphiraRaworth

SaphiraRaworth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • LocationBridgeview, IL
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

1. What is your IGN?
SammiLynn

My expectations are that it works the way it is intended, there are minimal bugs, and that abuse is not tolerated. A few things I would like to see are worthwhile prizes, eventually more castles, and maybe some staff involvement regarding events related to WoE.

If there is any idea I would like to steal/use from RO1, that would be a guild dungeon. An area where a specific or random boss monster with other stronger, regular monsters spawn for the members of the guild that is only accessible to those in the guild. As for incentives, maybe a daily reward for the guild members? Other than that, I don't have many more thoughts on the subject.

A fair fight. No hiding, no over the top buffs, and no bug abuse.

Once at least and twice at most. Any more than that doesn't help my first idea about a guild dungeon.

Cheaters. Please keep on top of them. Colosseum is bad enough at the moment. The next best thing to happen to this server shouldn't be abused like the last.

Edited by SaphiraRaworth, 01 July 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#18 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

What is your IGN?

Haboob

What are your expectations on WOE? What are some things you would like see in WOE?

I understand WoE will be opening with 1 castle correct? I'm hoping more than 2 will be introduced so players with lower end computers and or smaller guilds can enjoy the competition WoE offers.

The option to disable skill effects. I can't stress this enough but if WoE is anything like your monster invasion event a large portion of your playbase will not be able to particpate due to the sheer amount of graphical spam. I could not participate in your monster invasion event because of this and i don't want to miss WoE.

What kind of incentive or reward do you expect from participating in WOE, from becoming a Fortress owner, etc? What kind of incentives or rewards would you like to see come from WoE that can potentially keep your interest in it?

Rewards? I expect Bloodpoints for playerkills and mystery drops from AIs like guardians. It would be nice if WoE on RO2 had a chest system for castle owners which holds all kinds of things from costumes,kafra shop stuff, to rare dungeon drops.

What would keep me attending WoE would be.

1. Low latency, disable graphics toggle, pretty much make your woe run smooth for the everyman and ill be there.

2. Balance, large and small scale. From personal class skill revamps to disabling certain skills on the WoE maps.

3. Surprise me! I'm hoping WoE brings something innovative to the table and everyone just agrees man thats really cool.

What features do you look for in PVP?

When i think PvP i think of a fast paced skill based enviroment where players can show off their feathers in a heated competitve arena. I expect my PvP WoE to be terrible damage vs terrible damage where teamwork is the key to victory not wealth.

How many times a week would you want to do WOE? What time?

Depends on the duration of the event. If it's a 1 hour duration per WoE i would say at least 3 times per week would be ideal.

Do you have any other thoughts, concerns, wishes, etc? Anything you want us to know or look out for?

Always, thanks for asking.

Numbers vs teamwork.

After noticing your 100 strong event im concered smaller guilds will not have a place in WoE and only 1-2 guilds will be dominate because of numbers alone. Participation might need to be limited to 20 max players from each guild at a time.

Kafra potions and elixirs.

Consumables like above should be disabled in WoE if not already.

Emperium Break.

Lastely im hoping WoE will have global announcements for emperium breakers and i want you to look out for me breaking it! HAR HAR

Edited by 6224130502210709307, 01 July 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#19 MasterBeater

MasterBeater

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

1. What is your IGN?

xXOPTIMUSXx

No Lag and Crashing Client Issues. All Guild Members Has the same Outfit except BeastMaster and Assassin wearing Cape and embedded Guild Logo. And also there's a Guild Leader Icon in map so that all members can see easily their Guild Master.

for Guild Castle owner theres a Treasure Box room (like in Ro1) and gives Rare Crafting mats, Recipe and Unique Costumes,Wings,Helms etc. and Bloodpoints as well.

Balance 

3x a week 
Anytime.

No cheaters Allowed Please. 

#20 TankNight

TankNight

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

1. What is your IGN?

NightWish

Royal Rumble- 5 man battle with reserve players

Special Costumes for the winner and better gears than coloseum to use the point on

All pots especially explorer pots are banned,hide skill also banned as it will prolong the fight,own buff only allowed to balance    advantages

on weekend as more players are online..0700 and 0900 hours pdt

Balanced teams in WOE--one class for each slot--looks out for unlimited pots hacker with no CD

Edited by TankNight, 01 July 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#21 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

1. What is your IGN?

-Loner

-A wide map so dying would actually mean something.

-I you die, you spawn to your guilds camp which is very far away from the castle.

-Each raiding guild has a different camp and each camp is guarded by a very strong AI.

-To avail a camp, guilds who want to participate in WOE must register beforehand by paying Zeny.

-The defending guild's spawn point is in the castle dungeon which is also slightly away from the fight.

​-Their are multiple gates or passages to enter the Fortress, and each passages must be defended by the Fortress owner.

-Defensive structures and Fortress Guard could be acquired by the Fortress owner using Zeny and Blood Points.

-Raiding guilds can acquire Catapults and other WOE weapons with Blood Points only.

-Aura for all guild members.

-A different and a more noticeable aura for the guild leader.

-Taxes from the Auction House goes to the Fortress owner's guild fund.

-Redesign the damage dealt in PVP. People should be harder to kill so that everyone must coordinate to actually kill someone specially if it's a tank. If this happen there will be bigger role for each classes in a group PVP. People should think whether to kill the annoying tank who is right in front of them or kill the healer or kill the enemy's DPS. Because right now it isn't really PVP; it's like kill whoever is in your range of attack.

-Provokes and Taunts could work on people.

-Mass Provokes can only affect a limited number of people.

-Defense Gauge: This is just like the HP, SP and Guardian Gauge. The more people hitting you simultaneously the faster it will decrease. Your defense will turn to 0 when you run out of it. This is so those Uber equiped players are still killable.

-Not like Colosseum. Equips must matter.

-No spawn camping jesus christ! People are already easily killed and with this spawn camping thing, everything about this game's pvp system and pvp map is just STUPID. Put a non combat zone in the spawn area! Geez.

-Two times a week at 2000 PDT.

-Everything is fair in war......except if it's an mmorpg war and some people manages to hack the game and cheat their way to victory. So my only concern is about your Hackshield. I hope it is stronger by the time WOE is released.

Edited by iyoter, 10 July 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#22 Strider718

Strider718

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

1. What is your IGN?

Mayushi

I expect it to be similar to the RO1 WOE that I know and love. It was one of the main reasons I kept playing RO1 and by succession, I am expecting the same for RO2 both in terms of gameplay and excitement.

There are many things I would like to see added in WOE that I enjoyed in RO1.

First, I want to see Castle Guardians inside the Castle. These Guardians added lots of depth in Castle Maintenance and while a large enough group could plow though them, they were able to identify sneaky cloakers(hiders) as well as deter small groups from advancing past the defenses.

Second, I would like to see Guild Recall added. This is a controversial skill but ultimately it adds that extra push needed to break past defenses. It takes some skill to use at the right time at the right location because it can be cancelled by skills. Futhermore there is a long cooldown before being able to use it again so a wise decision of when and where to use it is the key to capturing a Castle for one's guild amongst a horde of other guilds.

As a Fortress Owner, it is obvious there needs to be incentive for keeping it especially if there is a daily upkeep cost in maintaining one. Aside from the prestige and respect a guild will gain from attaining a castle, a good incentive would be something that increases the efficiency of PvP as well as vanity gear (possibly rare and/or castle drop only gear).

The possibilities are numerous and can be a combination or differentiation of PvP gear, PvP skills, PvP buff items. The PvP gear must absolutely not be more than 5-10% better than the next best PvP gear, to a point where skill does not trump over gear but enough to show that one has earned the right to be distinguished from the rest. I would make these drops tradable so that it can be spread out in the economy and attainable for those that like to PvE but not PvP.

Perhaps one of my favorite rewards that I attended RO1 WOE for was the OCA (Old Card Album). It was a lottery box that ensure that once opened, you would attain one of any possibility of cards in the game.

If you are a not a group player or a player not in a large guild there should still be a reason for you to play and still enjoy WOE. As an incentive, have a participation reward and possibly a timed buff in exp gained for those that are leveling to participate in WOE without feeling like they are going to be lose precious leveling time. It will be a win-win scenario for them as an event that they can expect to fairly play in, to early await for every weekend.

In any PvP game, as well as MMORPGS, I want the PvP to be exciting, fun and engaging.

First there must be a way for players of every level to be able to participate in WOE, similar to Colosseum by having their stats and skills adjusted to a standard level before adding on PvP % gear.

Second there should be another tab and dropdown menu in the LFP/Raid Window for solo players to party up together in WOE and while maybe not optimally, they will still be able to communicate and devise a strategy to make a difference in WOE.

Ideally four times a week and two times a day is the best way to keep both hardcore, usual, US, and EU players happy. And futhermore the WOEs should be during the prime times of US and EU players which is around 8-10PM PST and 12 PM PST(?), respectively. This however implies that there needs to be 2 castles, 1 for US and 1 for EU.

I am deeply concerned about the metagame of cloaking and the ways to counter it. Rangers, Assassins, and Rogues can cloak(hide). This represents 3/10 of all classes and there is only a few ways to counter it which is by AOE Skill or Ranger traps. The problem is that these skills have cast time and cooldowns for the most part and is not a reliable way to detect cloakers.

In RO1 even the first class Acolytes had a Ruwach buff for AOE detection and Mages had Sight which was the same thing while Archers had detect and Hunters had plenty of traps all of which were spammable. Not only that, every class had Sight available to them as an accessory with the Horong card slotted.

In WOE where the objective is to prevent the enemy from breaking your Emperium, the lack of counters to a zerg of cloakers heading straight to the Emperium Room is troubling because it implies that the majority of the battles will take place inside the Emperium Room as the defense of the defending side will be easily bypassed by cloakers. This is a huge concern for me and something that should be tweaked accordingly.

Edited by Strider718, 01 July 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#23 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

1. What is your IGN?
-Vestria

-I kind of expect WOE to be heavily imbalanced at the start, catering to the top guilds instantly for the fortress/castle. I would like to see smaller guilds, aka the underdogs take the fortress. And probably some incentive for even the smallest guilds to even attempt the castle.

-Probably blood points, some materials. I personally would like some zeny and maybe, if I may be a bit greedy, some chances at costumes.

-Balance. Lord knows playing a ranged DPS class is superior. As a monk myself, I can't help but smack myself for making even one error, all because of imbalances to get kills or providing crowd control for my team (monk have literally none except for the lame G-Fist). Giving some advantage to melee classes would be greatly appreciated. Items that only are usable in WoE to reveal stealth or remove traps would be nice.

-Probably 2-3 times a week. I want times favorable to my European brothers/sisters as well as capable times for North America as well.

-Besides guild bashing and drama? I say possible cheating, exploiting, etc. Also, remove any chance to use Cash Shop Items. The game is already looking bad thanks to the no good Colo, so might as well get it right on that case for WoE the first few tests.         

#24 NosSoul

NosSoul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationChile, Quilpué

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

1. What is your IGN?

Noss

Just fun and balance, that smaller guilds have equal chances of winning than bigger and stronger

- Aura for all guild members

- Aditional or Bonus WOE points

- a type of winners table including the winning guild, more deaths, more porcentage of healing, etc.

Balance, no pots

2-3 times a week

nothing.

#25 Vandrewmm

Vandrewmm

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 245 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

1. What is your IGN?
AurelliaX

My expectation on WoE, would be a warlike concept of RO2, where ambushing is possible and the terrain advantage plays a big deal during the WoE. For example I hope and expect that range classes could have vantage points during the WoE where melee classes wouldn't just immediately target and charge at, Assassins & Rogues could conceal/hide together and ambush parties, tanks could tank and create a distraction while the DPS rush to the enemy lines. Overall, I hope the WoE becomes a strategic warfare relying on the coordination of teams and requires the studying of the terrain and maps instead of just a FFA or small skirmishes that gets repetitive. 

Perhaps what I think would be very good would be to have costumes available for guilds to wear during the WoE to help recognize each others colors and coordinate movements. Additionally, perhaps the fortress owners would get an upgrade to their costume, slightly better stats and having a cosmetically more defensive armor, in contrast to the many attackers attempting to invade the Fortress.

Incentives and rewards I would love to see, would be guild/ party related costumes or titles or gifts as the whole concept of WoE is partnership and team commitment. For those lone wolfs out there, I think they should also be rewarded for their amazing feats through unique gears/ helmets or bands, which might inspire others to follow suit. Overall, like how the event of Grand Melee is being held out, I believe its fair for both lone players, small parties & guilds + big guilds to be each rewarded with their own kind of gift, tailored to their current needs. Lone Ranger = Uniqueness & Guilds/Parties = Uniformity. *Yes, I do know you need to be in a guild to participate, but Individuals who register 1 guild should have the chance to also shine and be awarded.

Is fairness and class strategy, PvP is definitely not PvE in the sense that the targets are not statics and could very well come to the healer straight away. What, the developers should look into now is how to prevent these PvP players from just straight charging the back line and instead have to face the front line and vice versa, so tanks and healers would have a big role in the game, rather than having everyone spec dps pvp. This is due to the fact that RO2 unlike an array of other MMORPG's prohibit one class from having the skills of both a healer and DPS, rather focuses on specialization. These specialization should be acknowledged and highlighted during the WoE, or else everyone would re-spec for full dps, as killing gets the glory and FS priest are easy kills.

I would recommend WoE to be 2-3 times during weekdays and an optional huge event during the weekends, twice a month. Time should be similar to 
Colosseum as perhaps people can log in only once during the day and forcing them to login multiple times might become a hassle.

I think the biggest thing I want you guys too look out for is basically just that, classes should be highlighted and augmented for the roles they play instead of forcing everyone to spec DPS and charge into the front line looking for a kill and that well if its possibles, the terrain should be challenging. Instead of a just normal charge into the castle, there should be traps that slows you down, enemies that solely exist to stall and CC you while you run... There should be multiple paths to the castle, so everyone wouldn't be crammed in one road and that these multiple paths should have their own benefits for taking. For example swimming straight through would be slower, but no enemies so weaker equipped parties can take this road, bigger parties with crazy dps PvE power could take the road with multiple enemies, whilst the guild who loves to PvP can take the open empty road that has people skirmishing and ambushing each other. Overall, the game it self should highlight the multiple aspects that the game can be played, not just lets all buy grand peco, rush middle then spam skills to kill everyone on sight.

Killing Guild Masters, Guild Officers should grant more blood points then killing normal Guild Members... and Guilds must register before WoE, 1 Guild Master, 1 Vice Guild Master and 3 Guild Officers :D

Thank you for listening to my rant :) hope this post is read

Edited by Vandrewmm, 02 July 2013 - 06:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users