Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

1. What is your IGN?

elfa

2. What are your expectations on WOE? What are some things you would like see in WOE? Balanced teamplay.

3. What kind of incentive or reward do you expect from participating in WOE, from becoming a Fortress owner, etc? What kind of incentives or rewards would you like to see come from WoE that can potentially keep your interest in it?

Gears, zeny, BP, cute costumes and headgears.

4. What features do you look for in PVP? I like PVPing with my guild, solo is less fun. I don’t like when it’s all about kafra food and potions.

5. How many times a week would you want to do WOE? What time?

Once or twice a week. Preferably on weekends. The time should suit both NA and Europe – afternoon for NA and evening for Europe.

6. Do you have any other thoughts, concerns, wishes, etc? Anything you want us to know or look out for?

WoE:  I hope that the success will not depend on guild size. I want it to be like in ro1 – who hits the emp last wins. I’m afraid that the “most damage done” thing will be a bad idea and not really fun. And it will require spending real money which would spoil WoE.  I do not want to lose BP in WoE. Might not participate often then. No speed potions and spinel pots, please. I hope it won’t lag.

Wizard: make dots stack please

Colo: whatever you do, do not buff melee classes movespeed, it will be a balance disaster. My explanation here :http://forums.warppo...-2#entry1416310.

And here: http://forums.warppo...-3#entry1416608

Organize queues for colo to get rid of the premades problem. Remove class buffs on entrance.

Interface improvement: can we please have a timer on dots on the target frame? It would be good to see remaining seconds there.

Edited by elvenne, 03 July 2013 - 04:46 AM.

#52 Aorii

Aorii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUS East Coat
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:43 AM

1. What is your IGN?
Aorii

2. What are your expectations on WOE? What are some things you would like see in WOE?

• Large scale pvp where teamwork and coordination decides victors.
  • That and it's going to be completely dominated by competitive gaming guilds, which actually makes this of low to little interest to smaller and more casual guilds, or players in general outside the top few hundred. There's only going to be so many castles after all, so from someone who must hold down a job+life and simply can't compete with those who play 30+ hrs/week on this, I'm not sure I care much about WoE unless the rules takes this division into account (a few suggestions following).
  • More events like the Grand Melee.

3. What kind of incentive or reward do you expect from participating in WOE, from becoming a Fortress owner, etc? What kind of incentives or rewards would you like to see come from WoE that can potentially keep your interest in it?

• Blood points for kills damage done, damage taken, and points healed (because colo is already penalizing tanking and full-support players too much). Also if only holding castles provide bonuses, then only the top guilds who actually have a chance of holding down castles will have any sustainable interest in this.
  • Fortresses should offer high value items as rewards.

4. What features do you look for in PVP?

• Server endurance because it will be high load
  • Gameplay rebalance compared to PvE. I play a Sorcerer as main so I'm not just complaining, but it's not hard to see the ridiculous potential of coordinated ranged fire against attackers, allowing Ranger/Wizard/Sorcerer fire teams to quickly pick off enemies one-by-one while still spread out in a skirmish firing line that difficult to engage (whoever under attack would run and start kiting), protected by traps and meleers who knockdown/stun enemies that get close.
  • Detection skills. Otherwise every castle assault is going to be full of Assassins/Rangers/Rogues going straight for the Emperium while cloaked/camouflaged.
  • Built-in feature for formal guild alliances. Because otherwise, once again this becomes a only-competitive-guilds-care thing.

Frankly I'd like to see WoE being separated into multiple tiers/levels if possible:

• One set of WoE takes place 2-3 times per week for the competitive gamers, and one that takes place only 1/week on weekends for the casual gamers. Because let's face it, many guilds simply can't pull together enough people on a weekday night to effectively WoE (because many people do have jobs), and forcing them to do so drastically reduces the overall participation interest.
  • Perhaps even additional tiers with better timing for Southeast Asian players (there's a ton) and European players (GMT-0). I understand that server stress is an issue and there's limitations to how many WoE can be held.
  • Guilds should only be able to sign up for ONE tier of WoE. Either that or they should only be slotted into one tier based on their record (kind of like ladder system for matchups).
  • Holding fortresses for the most frequent WoE tier should offer proportionally higher rewards. This provides incentive for competitive guilds to focus on those, while giving more casual guilds a chance to still matter in lower tiers.

As for time, since current central colosseum time (2nd colo) is 6-7PM PDT and game IS based in PDT timezone, so the main WoE time should be held somewhere around 8-11PM PDT.

6. Do you have any other thoughts, concerns, wishes, etc? Anything you want us to know or look out for?
Tiered WoE, as explained above. Because if, say, every Starcraft player had to play on the Master/Grandmaster level, I bet you a lot of people will stop caring very quickly. Same concept here. Of course, if the company chooses to only pay attention to a few top hundred players, can't do much about that (shrug), but it certainly sends a message depending on the choice.

Thanks for your attention.

Edited by Aorii, 03 July 2013 - 06:03 AM.

#53 Foxell

Foxell

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationJuno
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

1. What is your IGN?

FoxMcloud

2. What are your expectations on WOE? What are some things you would like see in WOE?
I expect it to be a server wide event with equal chances to multiple sizes of guilds.

Blood Points for damage dealt, received and healing done. Special hats, special buffs for defenders and offenders once a fort belongs to a guild for too long. Multiple Forts to attack, not just 1 single emperium for the whole server.

Improved class balance and role during WoE, open WoE maps outside of WoE time with posibility to arrange groups for unofficial PvP engagements.

Blood points to be acquired from players outside WoE time.

Once mid week at night and twice on weekends including an afternoon time for weekends.

A major concern is to have a single Emperium for the whole server, as well as just the guild with most damage to the Emperium being the winner. The "last hit adrenaline" can and will encourage more players to play.

Also, too much cash/money based defense systems will hinder the fun from other smaller non-wealthy guilds.

#54 Kitey

Kitey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

Questions:

1. What is your IGN? Kitey

2. What are your expectations on WOE? What are some things you would like see in WOE? Small guild battles that require strategy and skill instead of a giant laggy mess where the guild with the most members has the advantage

3. What kind of incentive or reward do you expect from participating in WOE, from becoming a Fortress owner, etc? What kind of incentives or rewards would you like to see come from WoE that can potentially keep your interest in it? Hats and Costumes... Pets and Mounts! :D

4. What features do you look for in PVP? a Balanced system that rewards skill and strategy over min/maxing and cash shop item reliance 

5. How many times a week would you want to do WOE? What time? once a week at around 7pm server time

6. Do you have any other thoughts, concerns, wishes, etc? Anything you want us to know or look out for? my concern is mainly lag and how many people will be allowed to fight in each area.. I assume there will be several different "rooms" in a castle which should be limited to a certain number of people from each guild to prevent lag and just filling up an entire room with your guild preventing other people from entering or any other abuse people come up with... I was in prontera during the monster summoning events and I really don't want WoE to run like that, for now I'll just wait and see it's hard to come up with opinions of something I haven't experienced myself after all.

#55 8949130507222547287

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

1. What is your IGN?

gigrenWar

big guild vs guild pvp. woe opened map daily

cheaper flight service, merchant prices.

somewhat balanced skills from all classes.

2-3 times in the afternoon or evening.

don't let pay to win win.

Edited by 8949130507222547287, 03 July 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#56 MurphyX3

MurphyX3

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

1. What is your IGN?
Delfie - The super priest extraordinaire!! :D
I would like there to be an assist system added. For example my character is a full support healer. It makes it very difficult for me to even make it past the first round in Colosseum at lvl 50. So during WoE say I healed a teammate who then went on to kill someone. Maybe then I would receive a small amount of points added to my score. I would also like to see the walls of our fortress be just low enough for ranged attackers to be able to target the people below. Archers and spell-casters defending from above would be really cool. :3
I would like to be able to win sometime of guild home. I'm very loyal to my guild and it would be fun to have a place to sit around and chat in game. 
I like having smaller goals to accomplish along with a bigger one. Like being able to help your teammates in small ways like killing some monster mobs to boost the team score along with storming another teams fortress. 
Probably as many times as possible. I love playing with my friends and guild wars would make it really fun to team up. We usually all get on around 10pm EST. 

I'm afraid the guilds with more members will have a huge advantage over smaller guilds. Kill stealing is another thing I am concerned about. It makes Colosseum much less fun.  

Edited by MurphyX3, 03 July 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#57 Mhaby

Mhaby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

1. What is your IGN?

• Laneil (WARRIOR)

2. What are your expectations on WOE?

• I'm expecting an all out WAR. Where Tactics, Strategies, Game plan, Team work are the keys to win a WAR. (NOT THE IDEA OF PAY TO WIN)

What are some things you would like see in WOE? 

• I want to see something LORD of the RINGS like war scene. (the part where they first defend a castle)

• I want to have this idea on getting Blood Points earned per kill which will be rewarded to all participating guild members. (To avoid despointment of not having a kill but did support the team! "Not all char can have omg damage to KS; priest can't do support and dps at the same time. that will destroy their role"). This is a TEAM PLAY so im hoping points will be rewarded in that manner.
  • Some WOE equips that can be exchange out of token/points. (Can only be bought to those fortress owner guilds; The npc for it should be in the fortress as well)
  • Special benefits to the winning guilds like extra mount speed, low cost repairs, food buffs, karnium etc.

• Should have a color indentiy (eg. red,blue). in order for us to easily identify if its an ally or foe.
  • Shortcut shout-outs for easy communication.

• 2-3 times a week. 6pm PDT onwards.

6. Do you have any other thoughts, concerns, wishes, etc? Anything you want us to know or look out for:

If it occurs that the server can't handle the LAG or the amount of players participating the WOE. I'd rather suggest a partiton of rooms/areas in the fortress to defend/invade.

Say, each 30 members of the guild will defend/attack on the left, right and front(mid) of the fortress which has a mini emprium to break.

The Main emprium will be defended/attack by those TOP killers/Defenders in those rooms/areas where the mini empriums are. (more like the idea of colosseum in getting players to the next round).

That way...... many of the guild members can participate in defending/attacking the fortress. FYI, there are 100 members max in a guild. Avoiding the mindset of only those top/strong/favored players in guild can defend/attack.
consider this one. thanks!

Edited by Mhaby, 05 July 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#58 Erodoeth

Erodoeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

1. What is your IGN?
Erodoeth

To be honest, I expect it to be like Ragnarok 1 WoE. Go to a castle, make your way to the emperium room, and take it; all this along with fighting guardians and other guilds. Strategy and party work!

Guess zeny and materials! Also, I would like to see my Guild Logo on a flag, just like it used to be in Ragnarok 1 (Course those flags would need to be shown at Prontera and Alberta.

Hiring Kafra services would be nice too, meaning the guild will be able to hire a kafra so members can set the castle as their save points.

Some skill balance should be nice. That's all I can ask. Oh, wait! Bring Shield Reflect back!

Three times a week would be fair. Also, schedules should rotate so everyone has a chance to participate. Say, day 1 afternoon for America; day 2, afternoon for europe; day 3, afternoon for asia.

Like I said in point 4, I would like to see some usefuls skills from Ragnarok 1 make their way to Ragnarok 2. Also, bringing back LUK and DEX stats, and ASPD. Would make the game much for interesting and fun. Not static builds

Edited by Erodoeth, 07 July 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#59 Blarey

Blarey

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

1. What is your IGN?

My IGN is Shivstar

I am expecting a balanced - as hard as that may be - pvp battle that hopefully won't lag too bad with all the people. I would also like to see a blood point system implemented to help the support priests out there who can't fight or kill steal for blood points.

I expect getting bloodpoints first and foremost because to me, it is an alternate place where I can get blood points as a support priest (hopefully turning a profit). In terms of becoming a fortress owner? I hope that the rewards/dungeons in these fortresses will challenge the winning guilds with rewards that don't make the winners overpowered in PvP combat. What would keep my interest in it? Well, the knowledge that I can turn a profit with BP, and the knowledge that I play a considerable role keeping my guildies alive as a priest.

I look for combat that doesn't recommend using pay to win items to become virtually unkillable. Things like wind potions could turn a 1v1 into a 3v1 nothing but a second or two. I also expect some sort of system to award those who support other guild members through healing/buffing.

I'd play twice a week, maybe between colo times.

I just hope that the PvP won't be imabalanced and hope that since this is a team-oriented PvP, that there is a benefit to being a support as typically they can't really dish out the damage that a ranger can do.

#60 Lemoney

Lemoney

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

IGN: Ravecat

Expectations: Much like RO1 WoE.  I think there should be a dungeon for the winning guilds to monopolize containing a wide array of new items that can be accessed through that dungeon.  The Guild Should get a bit of experience for winning.  Perhaps even novel items such as one I suggested before:

A costume closet: Much like a Card Album but for costumes.  Costumes should not only be available for 30 days especially if people are paying for them.

Or perhaps something new.  Ive heard a lot of support for oldschool RO1 Class costumes.

Guilds should also have a new skill for holding a fortress.

My PVP expectations are very much like those that occur in COLO.  I like them. Perhaps more visibility, like an option that can be toggled to see as a birds eye view.

Honestly at least one WoE during the weekend would be superb for those players that have a busy work week.  Otherwise no big deal.

Thanks Yall!

#61 SolidGold

SolidGold

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

1. What is your IGN?

BleuHealer

I expect it to be a huge lag dc ordeal. I also expect WOE to be dominated by a few strong guilds/alliances.

I would like to see strategies being an important part of defending/taking a castle/base. Each class should be able to contribute to WOE in a unique manner (unlike raids where certain classes are often passed)

I like the temporary buffs which guildmembers receives even outside WOE hours if they are the castle holder. +1000 HP and 15% movemment speed (Just hoping these buffs would be disabled in Colosseum)

Perhaps Kafra Points as rewards? (Wish list)

WOE Supplies - potions, items to repair emperium/seige equipments, karniums, oridecons, eluniums, (green potions -wish list)

Winning Guild Emblem on flags all over Prontera/ Alberta

Khara Titles: Emperium Master (only can be used as long as they hold the castle with some buffs/stats, unlock a hidden Khara challenge?)

Like RO1, not all skills works the same in WOE. In my opinion, some modification/restrictions should applies to skills which may be considerd over powering for the purpose of WOE. Give Sorcerers back Magnetic Earth (ME) and dispell. (Wish list)

I don't consider WOE as PVP. I see it as GVG; team play as opposed to individual.

Please disable use of certain items such as Graham Potion (+3000HP), Graham Purple Potion (Restore full HP and SP), I don't wish it to be P2W.

Twice a week. One to serve the NA community (weekend night) and another to serve the rest of the community. (weekday)

Blood points gained from killing monsters or players. This is not Colosseum, this is WOE; where team work and strategies plays a factor. Points gained in WOE should not disadvantage any non-DPS classes; be it Tanker or Support. Suggestion: perhaps all guild members who participated in WOE (whatever their role is) gets the same amount of points. Guild effort as opposed to invidual kill count. Killing a Guild Master should give more points

Do consider the longer term balancing factor. Are future new players/guilds able to compete against older guilds? Don't give out Godly Weapons which lasts FOREVER!!!

More than one Castle. Server wide annoucement of which Guild has broke the Emperium.

Just like Colosseum, at the end of WOE, a Guild summary should be made available. How many potions used? How many kills made? How many times died?

Guild dungeon?

Btw Job Experience (Alchemist, Chef, etc ...) should also be able to be tax and contribute to the Guild leveling process. Most of us are already level 50, why force us to grind to level up the guild killing monsters when we are more happy gathering items which can be used for WOE.

Edited by SolidGold, 04 July 2013 - 04:05 AM.

#62 Kurz16

Kurz16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMD

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

1. What is your IGN?

-YukiOnna
  -WOE should be a GUILD event :), it would be great if its somehow the same as WOE in RO1.

-Anything that benefits the guild, WOE points or something and a fortress/castle to defend with the guild's emblem on it :D (same as RO1)

-Random events with nice / fair rewards :)

-once or twice would be enough for me.

nothing in particular.. :)

#63 suataman

suataman

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

1. What is your IGN?
KnightofRound

i like woes but 5 castle is not enough for woe you can add guild to guild wars 1v1 or someting like that cause big server too many useres in this game or pvp like 3v3 or 5v5

3. What kind of incentive or reward do you Expect from participating in WOE, from becoming a Fortress owner, etc? What kind of incentives or rewards would you like to see come from WoE that can potentially keep your interest in it?
Fortess is good but you can add more activty like get 10 kill for prize or most kill have prize and join woe get prize not big things or you can add 1v1 guild wars end of woe 

melee class espeacily tanks can do nothing in pvp melee class are weak for pvp pvp is not just last hit and get kill range classes have huge advantge its not fair you must add 1v1 3v3 5v5 battles collesium is NOT fair 

3-4 times 3-1 hour 

balance class bit more or add 2 talent tree tanks cant do anything we cant reset for collesium or add talent reset with zeny swordsman charge is too bugy i stuck in doungeon lot of time 

#64 Vaiki

Vaiki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

1. What is your IGN?
Vaiki

I want WoE to have fixed the sliding of knocked down players and balanced, it is apparent that some classes need buffs and some need nerfs, ie heals, snares duration should be reduced. Some things seen in WoE would be a different system of Blood Point currency, there will be no incentive for people to participate in WoE if they have been saving up all their bloodpoints from Colosseum to buy WoE equipment. 

Temporary HP boost, movement speed buff. maybe 20% hp/sp/ms at the most for fortress owners.

Random Treasure chest given to 10 random members of a guild that holds the fortress only if they participated. To encourage participation it should be noted that the 

Balance, melee classes are in dire need of help from getting kited by ranged, with no cleanse or movement speed bonus, they don't stand a chance.

To be honest, there should be one everyday. With alternating times, people will just complain that they cannot make it one day or another. Just lower the point system in obtaining the WoE equipment or raise the cost of the equipment to create a longer duration before the acquisition of the equipment. 

The only concern that I have right now is the participation of lower level guilds, or guilds that may not have a chance to make an impact. 

Edited by Vaiki, 05 July 2013 - 08:28 AM.

#65 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

1. What is your IGN?

Famfrit

-i'm not sure if to answer this with an adjective or ideas - but i'd like it to be extremely competitive, intense and fair.

for ideas, maybe the return of "guardians" from RO1, those were a nuisance but it brought all competing factions a common enemy (besides the castle ownars)..

-alliances

-most importantly, a good BGM.. i really like the one from RO1, hope this version's better it.

-Exclusive (awesome) (flying) (pretty) (badass) mount please!

e.g. broom stick (see harry potter, flyff), wings (aeon), unicorn/pegasus, colorful magical ponies (for the ladiez).

copying other ideas aside, what about NORSE mythology mounts?

e.g. Sleipnir, (according to wikipedia, he's an 8 legged horse) and Fenrir (it would then be a wolf mount)

other idea: random pick from the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse horses

epic horse from darksiders:

Spoiler

-Awesome item bundle for everyone.. (treasure chest that contains, vip card, karniums, etc...)

-a shiny crown costume

-a valkyrie pet/guarian/buff.. u gotta incorporate the valkyrie somehow to this, after all, it's war.

-i'd like all classes to have some sort of use, don't care if one class has an advantage over others but hopefully by not so much

woe is expected to be team based kicking ass anyways...

e.g. archers/mages or any ranged skill can be used from an elevated area/platform, e.g. snipe from a watch tower

it;s this feature i miss from RO1.. not imba at all.. easy to counter this, fight fire with fire. ;)

-1, 2 at most.. either saturday or sunday and wednesday. GMT 20.00 and a time that's suitable for PDTers

-please solve lag issue

Edited by jellopyking, 05 July 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#66 Koltiraa

Koltiraa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

1. What is your IGN? Hui

2. What are your expectations on WOE? What are some things you would like see in WOE? Laggy, weird, unbalanced, crappy for weaker guilds; I would like to see it similar to RO 1 WoE, and less emphasis on killing castle guards. I also hope owning a castle won't make your guild OP

3. What kind of incentive or reward do you expect from participating in WOE, from becoming a Fortress owner, etc? What kind of incentives or rewards would you like to see come from WoE that can potentially keep your interest in it? Maybe tax for now or cosmetics.

4. What features do you look for in PVP? Stackable DoTs

5. How many times a week would you want to do WOE? What time? Twice a week, Saturday/Sunday

6. Do you have any other thoughts, concerns, wishes, etc? Anything you want us to know or look out for? Can you give more information on how WoE wil be like; the current videos shows a group killing monsters, but where does guild vs guild come in? Why is there so much emphasis on killing castle monsters when WoE is known for player vs player combat? (Excuse my ignorance if there is more pvp, but I did not see it in the videos)

Edited by Koltiraa, 05 July 2013 - 11:55 PM.

#67 Kyrioskadi

Kyrioskadi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

1. What is your IGN?
- Serraphym

- Quite a bit of imbalance in terms of small guilds against larger ones, hopefully there can be some sort of alliance or balancing in terms of multi-guild vs 1 large guild. 

- Some sort of costume/cosmetic promo/rewards. Equally would be nice to see a WoE variant of the Colo gears, slightly different stats and more geared towards WoE viable and not purely just PvP.

- Already available, the Blood Points Rewards. Would be nice to see other Blood Point redeemables like costumes

- 4 times a week. Both Saturday, Sunday (1 at morning and 1 at night) for viability for everyone, even the international people so they can enter one or the other, the hardcore will do both, but that's always going to be the case.

- Possibly alternative concepts and goals/ideas on WoE. Like a theme? Ex. Bonus Blood Points for guilds who perform some sort of task during WoE or a WoE quest, some sort of npc requesting a proof of strength or something. 

#68 Oshacaush2

Oshacaush2

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

1. What is your IGN?

Oshinshor

I'd like to see Guild versus Guild PvP on a very large scale again. I would like for it to be skill based but also gear based. I want to be able to know that I put a lot of effort and work into a character and see that I'm more powerful than a random who just hit 50.

I'd like to be able to get some good gear from it, but also something a little different. I'd like to see a PvP-based leveling system and you could get more abilities. You could get some active skills to make your class that much more powerful, and some passive skills to increase your stats or decrease Crowd Control done to you. Would be great to see the way people start using that along with their current skills to increase how good they are and their survivability. Maybe even be able to use said skills in PvE as well to increase tanks health or defense, and things like that. Also titles. Really cool sounding one's that are more powerful than the ones that're out now. I don't want my characters running around saying "Founder Oshinshor" for the rest of eternity. :D

A good fun time. I like to do full groups vs full groups, and I like zerg vs zerg. I never played the first Ragnarok Online so I'm only using things I've heard about, but WoE in Ragnarok Online sounded like a really fun time. I like solo PvP, like 1v1 as well. I just love PvP. xD Also I really like open-field 5v5. Like make a teleportable area where it's group vs group, 5-man's only no raid groups. And let people have fun with it. Would be really cool to see how it goes. :D

I would do WoE all the time. I can really only play in the AM of EST so yeah. I think you should just leave WoE on all the time and let people do it as they want to. During prime-time it can become a gigantic zerg-fest and just people killing people. I play a healer so being able to keep a ton of people alive in situations like that is a lot of fun for me. :D

I have a couple of concerns actually (sorry in advance):

1) Make sure you can't get exp for killing people. Either that, or make it a 48-50 only thing please. Because I want there to be a fun and serious atmosphere for WoE.

2) Make sure the classes are balanced. I know it's a basic thing, but a lot of companies overlook this key thing. Like Blizzard, for example. Everyone has a max level of every character so they can play whatever is OP at the time. Just balance it all out. I don't have enough patience to level every kind of character. xP

3) Maybe have a couple of WoE area's? This is just a thought, but I think that honestly the lag could get too great at some points in the day and could just turn a lot of people off. Maybe have about 2-4 WoE area's per server and distribute evenly. I don't know how you'd do it, but it's just a thought.

I think this is all. It sounds like it's going to be loads of fun and I really can't wait for it. :D

#69 Ogetsu

Ogetsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

1. What is your IGN?

Krotuskang

A balanced pvp experience that will be able to be enjoyed by all members that are willing to fight! I would like to see a improved and enhanced version of the WoE system of RO. I would like to see a defense positions that cater to melee charaters. I would also like this to be more organized than the WoE being carried out in RO. I want to see buildings that effect defense, I want to see towers to rain down pain on the invaders. I want to see a reworked guild system! This system would allies to be formed, login times of members recorded, guild notes for each member introduced. This would allow officers to take better control over the large numbers of members in each guild. 

I think the owning of a fortress is key to WoE. This also goes along with a dungeon that correlates with the fortress. I think a weekly treasure would also be key. But this treasure needs to be only avaliable to the guild leader. So they have give it out to the members.

I am really just gonna sit this one out. I am really looking forward to seeing how the team fighting its gonna work! I am just wanting a balanced fight! Maybe a reworking of the hiding skill so if I don't hit in x amount of time I can hide! Un-like in the current arena.

I have to say I think 2 times would be key. One during the weekend, one during the week. 

I can't really comment on this.... My only wish is coming true... WoE.... So I can't really ask for me! I guess I'll have to jump on and complain like a ton of other people once WoE is released! 

#70 Suez

Suez

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

1. What is your IGN?

suez

I expect it will be similar to WOE in RO1.  I look forward to seeing what monsters will be guarding the castles, and using the catapaults and assisting npcs.  That looks really fun.  I expect there NOT to be as much lag as during the Monsters in Prontera events.  

Buffs for the winning guild is a nice idea.  Faster mount speed would be really nice to have throughout the duration of castle ownership.  I really liked the guild capes idea.  Maybe a similar guild-specific item reward for current castle owners would be great.  Perhaps a crown or tiara could signify castle owners as well?  One that can only be worn while the guild owns a castle. Zeny is also always welcome ^^

Class balance is important, so it's great to know you guys are working so hard to make it fair.  But in WOE I expect teamwork to be more important to winning.  I guess making sure certain guilds aren't overly overpowered would be important.  I hope we'll be able to use our explorer potions in PVP.  I was sad I couldn't use them in Colo.

Twice a week.  Saturday noon PST and Tuesday or Wednesday evening PST.

It would be fun to see a separate WOE PVP system implemented for WOE-specific awards.  Please do NOT tie it in with COLO pvp because that would upset people who worked so hard to get Colo PVP gears if it suddenly became super easy to get through WOE.

It would also be great if there was a warping system.  Priests in RO1 used to warp people to the WOE dungeons.  Will there be a way to do something similar in this game?

#71 Seranity

Seranity

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationDeutschland
  • Server:Odin | Channel 6

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

1. What is your IGN?

JustSorlinka

*Lagfree WoE
*Gamesystem like in Ro1
(Guildfights to take a Castle with strategy and skills not "who got the best pay to win Items")
*More Castles we can fight for
*Same Chances for all Guilds to take a aktiv part of WoE
*To get Blood Points for the whole Group by killing an enemy

*A Treasure Room like in Ro1 with Usefull Items for the Guild /-Member (Rare Materials, not bounded Accessorrys etc.)
*Blood Points for all Member in the Guild when a Castle is taken

*PvP Arena
*Battleground (like ro1)
*Statchange for Cash-Shop-Items in Pvp/WoE (same Ingame-Requirements to have fun in PvP)

Like in Ro1 that everyone has a Chance to take an active part
Two times a week (1x in the week, 1x at the weekend)
19.00-20.00 (German time)
or during the Colo-Time 22.00 (German time)

Balanced Class/ Guild System that everyone has the "same" Chance to win the Colosseum or WoE and most of all to have fun

Edited by Seranity, 07 July 2013 - 06:05 AM.

#72 lollotaz

lollotaz

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

1. What is your IGN?

lollotaz

hope that will be balanced and funny. i expect some similarities with ro1.

maybe some boost for the guild owner

skill must be the only factor

3 times like colo but in different hour

try to do it works regulary, no glitch/bug that all the guild could used.

#73 100002613519407

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationYggdrasil
  • Server:Warpportal

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

Questions:

1. What is your IGN?

Hijikata

game balanced between classes. A fun environment & Aliances war.

Custom equip (not Stats) with a guild emblem. special title for winners, Random boxes (Potion, Scrolls, Mount Box).

I like a bunch of objectives, so everyone does not have to zerg the castle. 
 Make sure there are things the smaller guilds can do, and still profit and enjoy themselves. 

2 o 3 days has the week.

That small guild that have the same opportunities that large, but the ability is decisive and not the gear

#74 crescensph

crescensph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Questions:

1. What is your IGN?

Lirresi or JaceTristan

WoE is a time when a guild shows its strength, teamwork and coordination. Not necessarily full combat. Kind of like Capture the Flag where either you break the Emperium to capture the opposing guild's fortress or take the opposing team's emperium and hold it for a certain time before the fortress changes hands.

Players are not supposed to be mandated to join WoE. It's up to the guildmaster to encourage its guildmates to join the War. Holding a fortress would provide the guildmaster the means to support this encouragement. Zeny, random rare items or the like would be the ideal rewards that would be provided for holding a fortress with the rewards growing bigger per WoE that the fortress doesn't change ownership.

A place where skill and knowledge of ability are greater than gears. For multiplayer PvP, where teamwork and coordination pave the road to victory.

2-3 times a week. I live outside the PST/PDT timezone so I can't really give a time, but it would be better to base it on the times when servers have a high volume of players.

Be very wary of loading new content when it comes to WoE. Every game will have a bug and players will exploit it knowing or not knowing its a bug. Balancing issues need to be thought out thoroughly for WoE to be fair and keep players coming back.

#75 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

1. What is your IGN?
HealBomb

I expect it'll be laggy and awkward. From past town invasion events we've seen that lots of people in one area leads to horrible FPS and disconnections, and those were spread out over multiple channels. For a while there will only be ONE castle people are competing for, it's asking for trouble. Then I also hear that there'll be queueing and a player limit on the map? The whole thing feels like WoE is trying to be a Battleground, which is counter intuitive. I expect there'll be world PVP on the map between WoEs.

Oh, I also expect trolling like someone taunting the big Guardian Boss when he's almost dead and running to reset him.

What I would like to see is something more in line with RO1.
- Multiple Castles per city
- Legit guild alliances
- Strategic choke points
- Less of a focus on siege weaponry, more on players
- Some skills being adjusted
- Castle economy

I expect there'd be a new tier of PVP gear which is tied to WoE Points (Bloodpoints exclusive for WoE). Killing objectives and players nets you points, as does breaking the Emp. Holding the castle at the end should give a bunch. Castle Holders should be able to accumulate Victory Tokens that would allow them to upgrade the gear. Aside from that I'd assume castle holders would get treasure from the castle as well. A buff while on the map between WoEs seems sensical to me too.

I personally would like to see guild dungeons. Maybe not necessarily a full blown instance, but a map with a high challenge/reward ratio just makes sense. Have a few mini-bosses and a boss that have a LONG respawn timer (like 24 hours for the boss, anywhere from 3-12 for the minis). Drops there should be useful, but not overpowered. Vendor loot should be decent there. Ideally I'd like to see a way for level <50 to benefit from it, but it seems unlikely.

I also would love to see the return of God items, but with how gear is tied to specific classes I don't see it being feasible. And if they WERE added they should be like Legendaries from other games: itemized slightly better than current gear with a unique power.

Also the guilds emblem should be shown in town like Ro1

- Balance within reason
- Fun
- Battlegrounds: I'd love to see a Capture the Flag/Objective scenario.

2 times a week
Wednesday and Saturday
Dunno the time, but something that can accommodate as many people as possible, though I know its hard for Europe.

Wtb a proper guild alliance system!!

The DoT system needs to be looked at. As stated in the conversation thread, as well as a few others in general, DoTs need to be able to stack. In WoE this is important since whichever guild does more damage to the Emp gets the castle. Any class with a DoT will be gimped here since everyone will be constantly overwriting everyones DoTs. Out of WoE no class should be gimped damage wise just because there's a double of their class in the group. This applies to literally any class with a DoT.

Also, seriously look into the Guardians being tauntable. If they are this is just asking to be abused, both by allied guilds helping to protect the castle and bitter guilds who don't want to let you win.

Also Guild Robes look ugly. Don't use them please!

Added:

Disable use of Spinels & Cash Shop potions on the WoE map.

Give players entering the map an invulnerability buff that lasts 10-20s or until they attack a hostile player, to dissuade spawn camping.

WoE gear should require more than just BP to purchase it.

WoE shouldn't end when the castle is capped, it should last the full duration allowing whoever holds it to keep the castle.

Edited by ExeltusPendragon, 10 July 2013 - 10:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users