#76 Crow

Crow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:36 AM

1. What is your IGN?

Crow

2. What are your expectations on WOE? What are some things you would like see in WOE?

I would like to see WoE as an organized effort between huge guild alliances. I would be very happy with RO1 WoE1 model.

The most important thing here is to put effort on strategic usage of skills, rather than who is able to dish out more DPS. We could use more skills like Magnetic Earth, Classical Pluck, Pneuma or Poem of Bragi. More CC and anti-CC skills. Less emphasis on skills that 'only' deal damage.

Guild alliances and guild politics should be a big part of WoE. Allies should be able to assist each other in defense, without 'accidentally' killing each other. A healthy amount of WoE drama is good.

Alliance defending the castle should have some nice defenders advantage, so that holding castles for extended periods of time is possible and so that attackers must organize rather than zergrush the emp. There should be a good system to decide who takes over the castle (note, that 'most damage dealt to emp' as suggested many times in this thread is not so good. This will lead to having an 'allied' guild deal 51% of damage to EMP before defense is broken and than enemies cannot take over the castle).

3. What kind of incentive or reward do you expect from participating in WOE, from becoming a Fortress owner, etc? What kind of incentives or rewards would you like to see come from WoE that can potentially keep your interest in it?

Prestige from holding castles for extended periods of time is the most important factor here. Some sort of zeny reward, to help keep up with WoE spendings, would be good however. I am looking forward to castle economy system, similar to Ro1. Guilds could invest zeny into castle economy and if the longer they hold it, the bigger reward. Also, please do not include any individual rewards, especially those that would gimp support classes (such as points for kills / damage dealt).

4. What features do you look for in PVP?

If this question is about 1 on 1 PvP, than I am not interested in that. If about group PvP, it is covered in point 2.

5. How many times a week would you want to do WOE? What time?

One or two times a week. At time that is reasonable for US and Europe, which would mean afternoon in US and late evening in EU. Please don't make it at 3AM for players from Europe...

6. Do you have any other thoughts, concerns, wishes, etc? Anything you want us to know or look out for?

I am afraid WoE will be a huge lagfeast. Please make sure that servers can properly maintain the amount of action. There will obviously be a lot of bugs and abuses and I hope they will be dealt with swiftly.

My main concern is if you guys realize, that the entire success of RO2 depends on good WoE. RO1 is what brought many (most?) of us here and WoE is what defined RO1.

Edited by Crow, 08 July 2013 - 03:37 AM.

#77 Zardini

Zardini

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

What is your IGN?

xiaoPlu

2. What are your expectations on WOE? What are some things you would like see in WOE?
Guild battle /team battle, an idea of two team defending their fortress and team with the most kill or team that able to destroy the fortress in a fix amount of time wins.

3. What kind of incentive or reward do you expect from participating in WOE, from becoming a Fortress owner, etc? What kind of incentives or rewards would you like to see come from WoE that can potentially keep your interest in it?
I would suggest zeny because with zeny you can pretty much buy much of the nice and rare stuff.

Something like permanent stats increase( in a small amount) would be a greater reward for player who excel. Or maybe cards/title that can add better stats. Do not make new equip as it would screw up the game. However, Equip upgrade is good, upgrade in terms of hit/vigor/haste/ parry/ armor defend and maybe attack power.

Something similar like Colosseum, but also make the player in the guild that kill the most win better rewards/get better fame in the guild. Disable the use potion, as it would be a money consuming and time consuming for the round to end ( making it not a fast phase killing ).

4-5 times a week would be good. Around PDT 3 a.m.

6. Do you have any other thoughts, concerns, wishes, etc? Anything you want us to know or look out for?

Do not balanced out everyone, Maintain player equipment stats, (equipment farm is not easy task) thats the point you get better equipment.

Regardless your level, win/lose everyone will get some points/rewards in a small amount.

however look out for other imbalance or cheat that may occur.

Edited by Zardini, 08 July 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#78 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

1. What is your IGN?

Jintello

My ultimate expectations are to see guilds become a whole lot more active and to see more cooperation between players in the process. I also expect to see more class balancing to come with WoE

Well since its a guild event I would say something to reward all players with if they succeed in getting castles/holding them. Perhaps equipment like capes or such.

I look for balance among classses, entertainment and some sort of goal to make it all worthwhile

I would say 2 times a week and I'm not sure about times exactly but preferrably when the most players log onto the servers

Please check up on bugs and issues people report so as to keep the game working for everyone. Its a shame when members in the guild can't participate due to some error that they can't control. Otherwise make sure to keep things balanced.

#79 basickdesign

basickdesign

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

Questions:

1. What is your IGN?

pulsate
I expect self targeting skills for priests to be fixed. Female vs Male animation delays for swordies to be fixed. The option to have a smaller view range to reduce lag. The option to have allying guilds that can't damage each other.
Blood point gain boosts for guilds who are holding fortresses. The ability to summon guardians gg. Other than that I would really want things for aesthetics like costumes that exist for the guild holding the castle (depending on how soon woe resets) like a "god of war" costume. some kind of pvp and guild ladder.. something to work for.
LAGLESS GAMEPLAY. No last hit wins.
From the looks of the test woe times, I can only make 1 woe a day before 2nd colo. I would prefer woe to be held after colo. I would probably like to woe 2-3 times a week..

Make it cool, warpportal and don't disappoint us.

#80 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

Today is the last day to submit! 

If you have suggestions to add, due to the new patch, feel free to edit your original post. DO USE a different color so we know the difference from before and after patch. Thanks.

#81 FloppyDiskDrive

FloppyDiskDrive

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

Questions:

1. What is your IGN?
FloppyDiskette

Class balance, Enjoyable for every class so all classes are viable and have their own respective rolls on WOE, No exploits and major bugs..

Cool costumes and flags for the winning guild. All participants will be rewarded by zenny/potions/buff potions/crafting mats/Special items like mounts for 1 day...

Balance so every class would be enjoyable to play... 

2 to 3 times a week. 1am PDT..

Look out for major bugs or exploits and i wish you will make it L-E-G-E-N-D, wait for it....

LEGENDARY!.  :heh:

#82 Aikyou

Aikyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

Questions:

1. What is your IGN?
Takehito

For it to be a fun event. Formal alliances, maybe a one guild limit?

Decent items from treasure boxes like ro1.

To pvp without having to make strategies around people exploiting bugs.

Several times a week. 

However, as an Australian, your WoE times couldn't be worse. Currently, your PDT times of 12pm, 5pm and 11pm are at our 5am , 10am and 4pm, Sydney time. Do you realise how disgusting those times are for anyone who has a full time job?

I am quite disappointed that you purely catered for your American players when setting those times, especially when you market yourselves as an international server.. The times are horrible not only for us, but anyone in East Asia. You would best replace colo times with WoE times as those are our 6am, 11am and 6pm. Those are do-able times. 

Please make the times better! Again, the current ones are horrible!

#83 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

Thanks to everyone who participated. 

We will be going over the Wishlists soon, and hopefully we can announce the winner sometime next week!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users