• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mojoness

Mojoness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

I played 50 warrior for almost 2 weeks now. I found it pretty awesome.

Currently im using Lubu's STEROID build for all around purpose.

However i would like to discuss some of the core skills with fellow experienced warrior players.

Bash.

Main rage generator, you will be using this to get rage points 80% of the time.

lvl 1 gives 17% and lvl 5 25%, that is 8% dmg difference between lowest and highest level. For a skill that you using alot 8% is a good deal. However lack of skill points makes it optional(?).

Aura Strike.

Your secondary DPS skill that requires 30 rage points.

lvl 1 gives 16%+(21%) and lvl 5 24%+(21%), also 8% dmg increase. However it does require rage points for maximized effect and is not spamable like Bash, beside lack of skill points and Rage strike does higher dmg. I dont see any reason to lvl it up.

Anger Control.

Your rage points stack, 50 or 100. Rage points gained are between 5to17 at lvl 1 and 5to20 at lvl2.

A nice skill to stack rage points for either tension relax, or spamming dps skills while berserk is activated.

However Rage strike will consume all the rage points if hit more than one target, and if you have enough MUSCLE+STEROID you will often find your self tanking both the boss and some adds.

is 100 points really needed IF you didnt max tension relax? and how much is the difference between rage gained 5-17 and 5-20?

Tension Relax.

Warriors only HP regenerate skill, 60% at 100 rage points, which can save you from death at some situation.

However the healing effect is not effective(fast enough) such as for example Rogues Gangster's Paradise.

And the heal effect in end game raids for now is barely enough to be really useful, and the cooldown (120seconds).

So, is it worth to max this skill?

Berserk.

Another interesting skill that boost your attack power by 20% at max but reduce your dodge by 10%.

Duration of the skill is 30 seconds and cooldown is 60 seconds, which means 10% damage increase if you use it constantly. Combine Bersek and Rage strike for maximized effect, max 2 rage strike can be casted.

However, this skill does reduce 10% dodge, then i mean 10% of your raw dodge rate not 10% of what you have. Some times 10% dodge can save you in critical situation. I really think as a warrior you should max this skill or just leave it at lvl 1 and never use it, what do you think?

Brandish Storm.

Warrior's AOE skill, it is no doubt one of the best aoe skill ingame that have decent damage and you can cast while running. This skill makes a Warrior the perfect off tank that protect ranged classes from adds.

However monsters in end game raids will have a large amount of HP, which makes AOE damage of this skill less significant.

And I would say lvl 1 will generate high enough aggro to keep adds from healers. Or max it if you focus on killing adds as off tank.

I came up with follow skill build after reconsideration of these skills.

http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Pros:

Rage strike consuming all the rage points is no longer a problem.

Reduced the "slow start" effect of a all around AGI/INT warrior by maxing spamable skill: Bash.

Tankiness still available with lvl 3 parry and lvl 5 endure.

Still high enough aggro to attract adds with lvl 1 Brandish Storm; max Berserk effect is a bonus that affect Brandish Storm.

Cons:

No self healing skill even though warrior self healing skill is not really effective as other healing skills.

Rage points limit, this will affect you in several situation such as stacking up rage points in coloseum to unleash several powerful strikes or healing yourself with Tension Relax.

Reduced rage point gain from 5-20 to 5-17 (I really dont know how much the random number will affect the gain)

So please discuss about these skills or the build, give me your opinion and tell me why this build sucks.

#2 DELiTO

DELiTO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

This is a very interesting build. I like it a lot. However, there are some things that I don't want to pass by you unnoticed.

When Rage Strike CD is up you will be spamming Bash and Aura Strike.

Now, let me remind you that Aura Strike's damage is based on your rage.

rstJW1c.png

1 Aura = 30 Rage, therefore 90 rage equals 3 Aura which is a 21% damage bonus when you unleash 3 Aura Strikes in a row(something that's going to happen a lot during the RS CD). With Rage Controlling at Lv.1 your damage bonus will stop at 7%.

Possible solution: 1 point from Bash to Rage Controlling.

Ah, Brandish Storm. I'm not sure if you can keep the aggro of multiple adds with BS at Lv.1. I always had it at Lv.3 so I can't help you there. Let me know how it work out for you.

Berserk. Leave it at lv.5, it's not like you're going to die every time you use it. You have to know when to use it. I use it a lot as a battle starter, priests cooldown are down and there is not really a chance of you getting killed on the 30 first seconds of the fight, it will generate a crap load of aggro and also do some damage. As an OT, you will be tanking adds a lot, adds don't do as much damage as the boss so, even if you have a 10% dodge penalty, the priests will be able to keep you alive with ease. If you are MTing, then it's another story..

Talking about tension relax. Let's find a way around it. Let's say you take 2 points from Parrying and use them to max Tension Relax. Don't think you can make combos with only offensive skill. You can also make defensive combos. If you are aware that you're about to die, combo the warrior's last resort to stay alive.

Endure > Potion > Tension Relax > Parrying.

It's true that Tension Relax is slow but 60% healing is too good to be ignored. With Endure and Parrying on, you will be able to heal yourself more comfortably while your healers get their sh*t together. Parrying Lv.1 adds only 8%, it IS a "con" but that combo over there will just pay off for the 16% parrying that you lost in order to make it feasible.

By the way. I am also using LuBu's build.

Good luck (;

Edited by DELiTO, 02 July 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#3 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationProbably at work.
  • Server:Odin Ch.5/7/11 (RO2)

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

Everything sounds understandable except this segment.

rstJW1c.png

1 Aura = 30 Rage, therefore 90 rage equals 3 Aura which is a 21% damage bonus when you unleash 3 Aura Strikes in a row(something that's going to happen a lot during the RS CD). With Rage Controlling at Lv.1 your damage bonus will stop at 7%.

Possible solution: 1 point from Bash to Rage Controlling.

Aura-to-Rage conversion is actually [Every 10 Rage = 1 Aura]. Meaning with 30 "Rage", they still get that +21% damage bonus from using [Aura Strike]. Now, that is not to say that I disagree with your "total point" (I'm also an employer of the saying "Always max [Rage Controlling] if you are a warrior").

I'm not going to delve much into the skills mentioned on the OP. From on my personal opinion, [Tension Relax] is too good to pass up for most occasions. Sure, as you have stated, it is a "less effective" version (slower heals) of the rogue [Gangsters Paradise] . . . . BUT, to (somewhat) make up for that, warriors come with higher [Defensive Stats and Skills] in order to "more fully" utilize the "healing" given to them.

Off-note: I'm quite surprised the utility of [Battle Leap] was not brought up in here. It very well may be [some warrior's] signature skill.

#4 Timmt

Timmt

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

Tension Relax isn't the only reason you should max Rage Controlling.  It is an overall DPS loss if you don't max it because often times you will use a rage-generating skill that would've given you over 50 rage, but since you are capped at 50, it's wasted rage.

Consider how many extra full damage Aura Strikes you could've gained with that extra rage and you will realize that you are losing damage in the long run.  This is also why you should never be near or at 100 rage and using Bash/Bowling Bash.  You want to spend your rage as much as you are gaining it.

On the other hand, you are already aware that Rage Strike consumes 50 rage for each target that is hit (so, hitting more than 1 target will always consume all of your rage).  Still, you just have to be smart about when you use RS.

I'm not going to go into whether you should max Rage Strike or Aura Strike because, ultimately, you have to sacrifice something if you want to maintain tankiness and also damage.  Personally, because of the above Rage Strike mechanic (bug?), I prefer to max Aura Strike instead

#5 DELiTO

DELiTO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

Oh, thanks for the info. Since Aura Strike consumes 3 Auras to do extra damage. 90 Rage will get you a 21% bonus on the 3 hits. And more rage = more tension relax healing. So yeah, rage controlling lv.2 is a must.

As Timmt said, you can't go wrong if you choose Aura Strike over Rage Strike.. Both have their pros and cons.

Edited by DELiTO, 02 July 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#6 intel1

intel1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

I dont like it. IF i was playing a war again id probably go with something like this. http://www.ro2skills...dnrFdBqBkodDrF1

From my experience bash and aura strike really great skills. Including all the defence skills, thats why id max it.

Id usually start with getting enough rage for tension relax and depending on the difficulty id use another defence skill as well, or save it and keep the rotation going for later.

As for Brandish, i found it kind of useless other then the fact that you can get aggro from large mobs,

Rage strike was a pretty cool skill, but not 100% sure on it since its not a every consistent skill to use.

Battle tactics has always been the unknown since i never tried it, and it would probably mean id have to sacrafice strength, and vitality to get more intelligence so it would be more effective.

#7 DELiTO

DELiTO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

I dont like it. IF i was playing a war again id probably go with something like this. http://www.ro2skills...dnrFdBqBkodDrF1

From my experience bash and aura strike really great skills. Including all the defence skills, thats why id max it.

Id usually start with getting enough rage for tension relax and depending on the difficulty id use another defence skill as well, or save it and keep the rotation going for later.

As for Brandish, i found it kind of useless other then the fact that you can get aggro from large mobs,

Rage strike was a pretty cool skill, but not 100% sure on it since its not a every consistent skill to use.

Battle tactics has always been the unknown since i never tried it, and it would probably mean id have to sacrafice strength, and vitality to get more intelligence so it would be more effective.

You sacrifice strenght and only strenght for Battle Tactics. Believe me or not, it's worth it. Your damage is simply higher, even though you have less attack power.

#8 intel1

intel1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

You sacrifice strenght and only strenght for Battle Tactics. Believe me or not, it's worth it. Your damage is simply higher, even though you have less attack power.

That may be true  but id prefer to have more survivability so i wont have to put points into intelligence, unless the raw intelligence you get from gear suffices enough for the damage.

#9 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

Play DPS Knight, it's better than DPS Warrior.  True story. 

#10 Mojoness

Mojoness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:23 AM

alright! Thanks for the replies.

So what we have discussed so far are personal preference when it comes to Rage Control & Tension Relax, and Rage strike vs Aura strike.

Lets start with Rage control.

As for now i do have lvl 2 Rage control. And the only time i stash up high rage points are times i gonna use Tension Relax OR Berserk is nearly available(3-5sec remaining) to be able to unleash several aura strike+ Rage strike for maximun effect. It's true that you should never stash rage points over 100 or 90.

However what will happen if you apply the same usage of skills but with lvl 1 rage control? IMHO Aura strike isnt really affected by rage points limit, because the skill itself require 30 rage points and by having 50 rage points limit you should always use aura strike whenever its available and refill points with rage generator and dont stash rage points beyond 50. The only scenario i see potential rage points gones wasted is when you gonna use Rage strike that require 50 rage points.

Worst case scenario:

lets say you have 49 rage points, and rage strike is available to use, you need 1 frigging rage point to use it. But Bash actually generated maximun amount of rage points. So 16 Rage points gones to waste.

Best case scenario:

you have 33 rage points and gain another 17, used rage strike on boss+adds. Noting gones wasted even it hits more than one target.

So in the end the difference of having 50 or 100 rage points will pbly between rage point loss while using Rage strike (get more than 50 vs over 50 but you hit more than 1 monster). And ofcause Tension Relax.

Tension Relax.

Makes the healer happier by combining it with defensive skill such as Endure and Parry, and the reason to stash up rage points.

Aura Strike vs Rage Strike.

Icant really say much about these skills in comparison because its all up to perference. But i would say Aura Strike is definity good to have more than lvl one if you have 100 Rage points limit. And Rage Strike if you have 50, to prevent the loss of rage points.

I dont know if rage strike bugs or its suppose to consume all rage points if hit more than 1 target. if they ever gonna fix it, i would definity keep Rage control at lvl 2 and max Tension Relax.

The only problem is that we dont have enough skill points KADGFYASGDFAIWUEFHIASJDFIHA

Edited by Mojoness, 03 July 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#11 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:43 AM

I USE SUPER RAGE STRIKE 5 + BERSERK 5 TO CHOP THE HEADS OFF THOSE NASTY PRIEST/SORC/RANGERS SO WHEN I CAN FINALLY GET MY ANGRY HANDS ON THEM I CAN CRIT THEM AND KILL THEM IN ONE SHOT AND CALL IT A NIGHT

WARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHI AM BURNING

IF I HIT TWO OR MORE GUYS IN PVP OR COLO OR SOMETHING THAT'S JUST EXTRA PEOPLE I SEND TO THE HOSPITAL AFTER MY RAGING FIST RIPS THE HEADS OFF THEIR LITTLE NECKS IT IS TOTALLY WORTH THE RAGE SPENT I ONCE DID IT WHEN I WAS TOTALLY LAST PLACE BECAUSE I AM A HORRIBLE MELEE CLASS IN COLO AND CHOPPED THE HEADS OFF 3 GUYS AND BECAME #1 INSTANTLY (Courtesy of 200% buff)

But yah, I still keep rage control at lvl 2 and tension relax at max.  Sometimes you just gotta have something immediately after (Aura strike) to hit people with after my RS. (I DESTROYED A PRIEST TODAY AND TOOK HIM FROM 7.7k to 0 with that) meanwhile tension relax can really save your ass for just the two point, not to mention something to calm you down after going berserk all day.

#12 DELiTO

DELiTO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

@Mojoness

You're just getting as close as you can to a DPS warrior build by taking 1 point from Rage Controlling and 2 from Tension Relax.. If you want to be a consistent OT then Tension Relax is a must. Otherwise, just go for the Aura Blade build...(which I don't sympathize with).

#13 Mojoness

Mojoness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

Okay, iguess ill stick to Lubu's steroid build for awhile. Gonna do more experiment once i got more zeny for skill resets c:

Thank you all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users