12 replies to this topic

#1 Gexmn

Gexmn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

A very standard Monk build for PvE purposes.

I didn't max Flee and maxed Lightning Walk instead because it's a great starter for grinding, and I'm more of a solo player.

I didn't add any AGI because Monks seem to have low AGI naturally.

Give suggestions please, thanks.

http://ro2base.com/b...0.1.8/0.0.0.0.0

#2 Skyton

Skyton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFrance (62)
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

I don't see the point on maxing LW if it's only for pve purpose ..

#3 spweasel

spweasel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

He said he's a soloer, and 20 seconds is just about enough time to have it available for every enemy engagement. Of course, I'm not sure he'll use it for every fight since pulling with TSS partially negates the need for it, but if he likes TW more that's his choice.

I would suggest finding some Agi, though, Gexmn, since it will help disproportionately with damage due to the lack of Crit Monk has, not to mention more mitigation is always appreciated.

#4 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

How does agi help disproportionately with damage if you have low crit? If anything, the effect would seem to be less than if you had high crit already (though if you actually calculate it I think it doesn't matter at all).

#5 spweasel

spweasel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

0% Crit => 5% Crit is a 5% increase in overall damage.

25% Crit => 30% Crit is only a 4% increase in overall damage.

So while you technically get the same amount of raw damage from crit regardless of how much you already have, it means proportionally more if you had less to begin with.

#6 Gexmn

Gexmn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

To 544130611113304573: well, TSS is indeed long range, but I'm assuming the monster still has to run to me to start doing close range melee. With LW, I just teleport in front of the monster, sort of like Dark Illusion from Thief class, and can start melee right away (I don't know, I don't have a monk yet XD). And yes, I will use LW to begin every battle. LW>TSS>RB>HT>... Or TSS then LW if TSS is unusable short range.

If nothing is wrong with my skill build, I would like to discuss about my stat build.

So if AGI is suggested, should I go with 36Str, 36Int, 25Agi?

#7 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

Uhm... Maybe something more like 33 STR, 33 INT and 32 AGI seems more stable to me, that way you can enjoy the power of the criticals and dodge, and maybe Evasion...

Then again, you can stock AGI with PVP accesories, cards, runes and title... So it's up to you.

#8 spweasel

spweasel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

The problem is that starting with TW means that many fights will be 2-on-1 because of how closely the devs packed the mob groupings. TSS usually will let you pull to a quieter area to pick them off individually. It's still your call, but I wouldn't spend quite that many points on TW when you can get most of the same functionality from 1 point in TSS.

And yeah, I'd probably go 33/33/32 to maximize the total number of points you can spend.

#9 Gexmn

Gexmn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

OK I'll go with 33Str, 33Int, 32Agi.

To 544130611113304573: what is TW? Did you mean LW? And why would it be 2-on-1? Because of aggressive monsters? Well, I don't think 2-on-1 would be that big of problem since Monks do have high defense, and I'll probably go with Alchem...

#10 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

To 544130611113304573: what is TW? Did you mean LW? And why would it be 2-on-1? Because of aggressive monsters? Well, I don't think 2-on-1 would be that big of problem since Monks do have high defense, and I'll probably go with Alchem...

I agree, fighting 2-on-1 isn't dangerous... Now 4-on-1 with the crowd control that the Monk has... It's another story.

Nice choice on the life job... Prepare to drink some red pots!

Edited by TatsuyaKeith, 04 July 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#11 spweasel

spweasel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

Lol oops. Thunder Walk, Lightning Walk - same difference, right?

Yeah, aggressive mob groupings are often tighter than they really ought to be in my experience. Fighting more than one enemy at once is almost always less item-efficient than fighting one at a time, though Alchemy should help with that.

#12 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

Even if you can take more than 1 enemy at a time, you really shouldn't just for survivability reasons. Reasons being you want to pace your fighting or else you'll need to sit out more often to heal, you might not be able to kill mobs fast enough when a new spawn comes up, or even just getting unluckily critted by said mob.

Just saying.

#13 Gexmn

Gexmn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

OK thanks for all the help, I think I got what I need to know.

I'll test out TSS and LW first before maxing LW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users