Start to fix the -_- SORC CLASS - Page 4 - Magician - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Start to fix the -_- SORC CLASS

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#76 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

when a war takes like 10 hits to kill anyone, sorcs takes 2 single bolts for 6k = gg

My warrior goes battle tactics... Get a poring buff... Insta triple kill... Dont know what your talking about. I crit for 13k on 3 people. Yep, Warriors totally dont hit hard enough. If they can't one shot a beast master.

CHANCE 8k crit WITH wind arms or frost driver.

Its not a certainty.

Frost driver doesnt chain for 6 seconds every cast, it has diminishing returns

You can't Instacast frost bolt, only lightning bolt.

Meanwhile any melee class jumps on them, they get cced and destroyed, or jumped on by multiple people.

Oh and if a spell is mid air, and the caster gets disabled, the spell doesn't count.

Edited by XionArcadia, 06 July 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#77 KEVEDO

KEVEDO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

yeah i have poring buff all the time witth a 20s cd or less, no big deal.. The same poring buff that everyone can get, and u have to do like 15 attacks to have a chance to ks 3 people using RS, with cds, and the same 3 people just will wait for you do this, right? The warriors is on the same team as BM and monks that need to be buffed, the name of the class is very very far from the reality. Of course, the tanks have to tank, not be like a dps, but even knights have better results (buying one part of the colo set with like 300bp, the other have to get the 700... Just a exemple), the idea of a big crit after stuning skill for everyone ir really amazing imho. But it still dont resolve the problem with fs priest, sorc or builds without good ks skills... And a game that force you to have a type of build or class to gain points to exchange for the best equips, its seems like a fail for me.

#78 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

yeah i have poring buff all the time witth a 20s cd or less, no big deal.. The same poring buff that everyone can get, and u have to do like 15 attacks to have a chance to ks 3 people using RS, with cds, and the same 3 people just will wait for you do this, right? The warriors is on the same team as BM and monks that need to be buffed, the name of the class is very very far from the reality. Of course, the tanks have to tank, not be like a dps, but even knights have better results (buying one part of the colo set with like 300bp, the other have to get the 700... Just a exemple), the idea of a big crit after stuning skill for everyone ir really amazing imho. But it still dont resolve the problem with fs priest, sorc or builds without good ks skills... And a game that force you to have a type of build or class to gain points to exchange for the best equips, its seems like a fail for me.

Just saying my guild had first warrior with 1mil bp. He says Colo is no prob. I dont have prob with Colo on my war.

Oh and it only increases ATTACK POWER by 200%. So yea, at least you get that when a sorc misses a spear and is left with .... well cold bolt over and over. Again, each class has its own flavor. Learn your character and stop complaining about what your class doesn't have. Melee play colo different than ranged. What is saying COLO defines a game? What if certain classes excel in WoE? You gonna cry and complain about another? What if your class excels in WoE? Gonna stop saying anything and become defensive? Classes have not been altered yet because they are busy making content to KEEP people in the game to have to buff/nerf classes. Bugs ruin certain classes, yes. Im tired of when a character FALLS through the floor and I can't target them yet they can attack me. Or when people RUN through wallz and appear elze where. Or when you stun as a knight or war and the enemy slides on the ground as you run off only to have to run back to the same spot because they didnt actually move. Yea, you adapt. Get over it. The GM's have a lot on their plate and can't cater to people crying about certain classes because they dont know how to fight vs that class.

#79 KEVEDO

KEVEDO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

how can you presume if my class excels in WoE (what the chance, really?), I will become defensive live everyone when playing sorc, ranger, priest... I really want this game better for everyone. The sorc, priest, ranger sitll wanna be really good choices, not the only choices for good pvp/colo more easy.. I dont care about the results of 2, 3 peoples, compare with the results of a lot of other gamers, and a lot of gamers with wathever class and you will see a lot of complains, why the GMs just have to don't care about it and hope those people will be fine? To buff or nerf classes is a important content to keep people in the game and to keep people joining the game. You just come with a combo for warrior, that is no for warrior at all and still want I learn how to play my class? Let's say that I don't know how to play it, I don't care, but I have the same chances as a sorc or ranger that don't know how to play your class? And only you are crying, about the sorc, I don't care about this game at all for me, I just want it better.

Edited by KEVEDO, 06 July 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#80 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

Lol. I laughed. Warrior is not even close to the realm BM and Monks are in.

#81 6190130511143115257

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

Sorcs are not overpowered at all

I beat them, like I killed desert mole

2 months ago by the way

Rangers are kings, no need to say.

#82 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Replace the RNG factor for a Sorc with a more steady skill rota, RNG shouldnt be in an offensive battle-system, its annoying enough that it appears in the defensive system (dodge, parry, ...)

#83 6299130505154003263

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

sorc players saying sorc is ok

no wonder...

#84 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

sorc players saying sorc is ok

no wonder...

Other players say their class is underpowered compared to sorc, deal with it.

#85 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

Why do people keep using the "we get gang banged a lot" argument? That is not a class balance feature lol! Try staying in one of the rooms in Colo and you'll be amazed how not even a single player bothers you for a whole minute. A lot of Sorcs do that all the time and they are unstoppable. 

#86 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

Good luck killing that Sorc in front of you if you don't have that Poring buff as a Warrior. Apparently we can keep that buff up 24/7. Crits are guaranteed to land 100% of the time when you need them too! *Sarcasm*

#87 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

My Assassin bugged after a Fail duel, during the use of Shadow Assault skill :

sin_bugged_xD.jpg

Taken from different angles,  some guys may understand  how mad i get when it happens on Colloseum.

Edit: Funny pic, i'm not a ballet dancer  tho. :blaugh:

Vau!

Edited by Vau, 07 July 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#88 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:30 AM

Death from the sky...literally. Unless you're skill locked, because then that would mean you're gonna die.  :P 

#89 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:10 AM

Good luck killing that Sorc in front of you if you don't have that Poring buff as a Warrior. Apparently we can keep that buff up 24/7. Crits are guaranteed to land 100% of the time when you need them too! *Sarcasm*

And still you have a freekill if that sorc in front of you missed his frost diver (or didnt skill it) and doesnt get a cold bolt proc after 20 casts :P (which happens far too often)

#90 Teffa

Teffa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:30 AM

TK, yeah, we land crit 100% of the time too, and we NEVER miss. /sarcasm

This is immature. Every class got their perks and cons.

I feel that Colosseum is pretty balanced, (except for beastmasters and probably monks) and making a QQ-thread every time you get killed in Colosseum is getting ridiculous. 

Just learn and do better next time. 

And most of the people here, have probably never even played a Sorcerer, you just know that they are good at KSing. You don't know that if the enemy gets close, you are pretty much dead. You get target RIGHT AWAY. And if you miss!?

We do not have DoT like almost every other class.

I think that Assassins are OP, but I am not gonna make a thread about it. And I am not gonna blame them. It just means that I don't really know how to take them down faster than they take me down.

If I die, fine, the other person was better than me.

And if I win, well.. then I am just lucky.

Edited by Teffa, 07 July 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#91 Melisax3

Melisax3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

We're a mage class, we got 2 good damage skills, we cant spam a skill to deal low dmg all the time like melee classes, learn to play mmorpgs please instead of complaining.

#92 Oreot

Oreot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:57 AM

Get bugged in Mid Air as Sin, move around people hoping to get killed as fast as possible.

#93 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:05 AM

Assa shadow armor is totally OP! Oh wait, that was something else :D

#94 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

And still you have a freekill if that sorc in front of you missed his frost diver (or didnt skill it) and doesnt get a cold bolt proc after 20 casts :P (which happens far too often)

Free kill if I don't miss with RS. Saying a skill can miss does not contribute to the debate at all. At least you get to have double damage with Frost Diver when using any lightning attack, assuming you get Frost Diver to stick. Even if JT and Varetyr don't crit, they still deal a large amount of damage in an instant.

Edited by GuardianTK, 07 July 2013 - 04:09 AM.

#95 KaguNyan

KaguNyan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:23 AM

I like how everyone bashes sorcs (A character based on CHANCE for burst damage) but not rangers (A character who does a -_- ton of Damage ALL the time.... WHILE MOVING)

whahaha xD are you serious? my ranger yes i can move but takes time to kill someone from full heath unless you crit which is usually 1-2 k dmg (3k if im really lucky ;) )thats's hardly nothing compared to sorcs but when they crit its 6-7 k that's more than half my hp in only 1 shot without any effort put in and i have never won 1 on 1 with a sorc in colo cause they do too much dmg every single time always loose to sorcs 1 on 1.

id suggest to nerf that burst dmg when in colo~

But Rangers and Sins can go invisible, while Magicians can't. Kinda makes it up with a spammable low level moving spell, no?

thats only at the beginning at the round after you take that first hit you are out of camo and vulnerable from then on its not like we can camo again after that

#96 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

Still dont see how Sorcs need nerf. Every class has its own flavor.

Knight- Chain stuns, High Def.

War- Sweep aoe (Seriously got a triple kill in colo because of it),60% heal, Damage reduction( High parry/dodge/def) High def

Ranger- Stealth 2x dmg, Attack while moving, Bird, Escape + Snare, DoT

Beastmaster- 15k hp?!, stunz, self heal

Wiz- Dot, Strong burst, 10 sec invinc, Get-out-of-Dodge spell,

Sorc- Chance burst, swap forms to optimize EITHER damage or Healz, Cant do both at same time, Snare, Chance stun

Priest- Dots, Ray of Genocide, HoT, Heal, Full Heal, Damage reduction

Assassin- Build in speed boost, Spams stun, High crit and damage, Ugly form, Built in damage reduction, DoT

Rouge- Knockdown, 60% Heal, DoT, restealth, high burst damage with Unstoppable doping.

Monk- High Def, High HP, Asura strike >>, Gap closer, Damage reduction

Seriously if anything BM and Monks are just not designed with Colo in mind.

Warriors: Freeze, it;s over.

Knight: Freeze, it might be over.

Beastmaster: Freeze, Snare trap, out of the fight.

Rogue: Bleed, out of the fight, then Freeze, Dead.

Assassin: Freeze, dead.

Monk: Freeze or Snare, pretty much out of the fight.

I could go on... Seriously, one spell isn't all it should take to win, but it is. -_- It also has no real cooldown.

Edited by ODKN, 07 July 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#97 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

S> Marc card.

#98 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

Warriors: Freeze, it;s over.

Knight: Freeze, it might be over.

Beastmaster: Freeze, Snare trap, out of the fight.

Rogue: Bleed, out of the fight, then Freeze, Dead.

Assassin: Freeze, dead.

Monk: Freeze or Snare, pretty much out of the fight.

Warrior - Use Parry/Endure when frozen

Knight - Use shield fortress/eat those hits like a man

BM - Feral Defence

Rogue - Gangsters Paradise

Assassins - Shadow Armor

Monk - Protection Ki

Learn to time your skills based on character animations and you too, can counter the FD/JT/VS Combo.

Edited by Dusk1PS, 07 July 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#99 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

Learn to time your skills based on character animations and you too, can counter the FD/JT/VS Combo.

You can survive the combo, but you'll still lose half your HP so everyone nearby will descend on you like sharks, and the Sorc still has the ability to kite you. You're as good as dead anyway.

#100 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

bfcba286762616510ffb94d0db3e0755.jpg?v=1

Best way to put it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users