Start to fix the -_- SORC CLASS - Page 5 - Magician - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Start to fix the -_- SORC CLASS

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#101 Ledise

Ledise

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationNeverland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

I say give ranger more defense lol.

#102 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

Warrior - Use Parry/Endure when frozen

Knight - Use shield fortress/eat those hits like a man

BM - Feral Defence

Rogue - Gangsters Paradise

Assassins - Shadow Armor

Monk - Protection Ki

Learn to time your skills based on character animations and you too, can counter the FD/JT/VS Combo.

It;s far faster to just die, then waste time using a defense skill. ALso, I've had a grand total of *eight* people still trying to hit me in Feral Defense, because once you get frozen everyone homes in on you.

That's the thing here, once you get frozen everyone knows who to focus on...and it *never* ends until you die.

Edited by ODKN, 07 July 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#103 Qtpiegumdrops

Qtpiegumdrops

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

Warrior - Use Parry/Endure when frozen

Knight - Use shield fortress/eat those hits like a man

BM - Feral Defence

Rogue - Gangsters Paradise

Assassins - Shadow Armor

Monk - Protection Ki

Learn to time your skills based on character animations and you too, can counter the FD/JT/VS Combo.

This. You don't know how many times I've been in colo on my War/Monk where I get frozen, I pop endure/protection ki and end up taking around 1-2k damage TOTAL from their VS and JT. I pop a master red right after, and the sorc usually ends up targetting someone else.

Sure, if the sorc crits I'll still be taking a lot of damage... but likewise goes for them. If my gfist or rage strike crit they'll be taking a ton of damage too. I can crit for 5-6k on a sorc with either of those moves...

The only thing I really hate in colo are dots. Specifically poison arrow when the ranger has poring buff. Dat 900 dmg every 2 seconds.

#104 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

It;s far faster to just die, then waste time using a defense skill. ALso, I've had a grand total of *eight* people still trying to hit me in Feral Defense, because once you get frozen everyone homes in on you.

That's the thing here, once you get frozen everyone knows who to focus on...and it *never* ends until you die.

Whats the difference between that and being Knockdowned/Stun stars.

Sounds like Frost Driver is too visual is your complaint?

Edited by Dusk1PS, 07 July 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#105 Qtpiegumdrops

Qtpiegumdrops

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Do you even colo? it's far faster to just use the defense skill, pop a master red potion after you take the 2k damage, and go on your merry way with full hp.

You are a tank. You are choosing not to use your defensive cooldowns when you know a sorc is going to use their burst skills (while frozen). You then complain that sorc using his/her burst skills while you CHOOSE not to use your defensive skills is OP.

Seems like sound logic to me.

#106 Oreot

Oreot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Playing Sorc is like having a giant target over your head. Well at least without colo gear. Round 2 ready phase, everyone targets you. Go hide in a room, you have 5 stealth classes waiting to bang you in the ass and some ranged guy you can't see . LoR, Deluge doesn't do anything to deter people, then just hit you, and thank you for the free stacks. Once heals wear off, bam dead.

So you respawn, target that pre-25 class, freeze them, start your JT up, crit them for 6k, cast VS to have some Warrior leap on you and start spinning for that oh ohhh so mad DPS, and have your Spear cancelled mid-flight and go on CD. You then see clouds part and a pillar of light descend upon that 2k squishy. You then see a big red "1" pop up over a full pre-buffed priest who is already casting his DoTs on people and you. By now you have three tank classes pummeling you to death whilst forever cc'd. The pillar of light descends upon you as pre-buffed Priest #2 runs past and a yellow "2" pops up above their head. The three tanks go back to brawling with eachother, and give up to chase other targets after they can't out DPS a 2,500 Master Red Pot heal. After praying that you don't respawn right back where you died

You respawn next to the noob from earlier killing a monster, buff up, cast Memorise, freeze the noob, JT,VS,JT. Bam you got a kill, and proceed to start farming monsters. Praying nobody decides to focus you for the next 90 seconds. Or that your 2xVS can reach someone before Priest can Tab - Asperio Genesis

#107 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

Do you even colo? it's far faster to just use the defense skill, pop a master red potion after you take the 2k damage, and go on your merry way with full hp.

You are a tank. You are choosing not to use your defensive cooldowns when you know a sorc is going to use their burst skills (while frozen). You then complain that sorc using his/her burst skills while you CHOOSE not to use your defensive skills is OP.

Woah woah, calm your jimmies.

First, sounds like you have no idea what Feral Defense does. It makes us IMMOBILE. And yeah, sure it gives us reduction, but you only describe one variable - multiple people could be targeting us. We don't choose not to use our defensive skills, rather simply they DO NOT help at all, and maye delay death for 10 seconds, if not ever. Same goes for Protection Ki, except we got no stuns to make up for mobility defense.

Meanwhile, sorcs and other broken colo classes can just continue shooting pew pews and then what good will defensive skills do huh? We can't even reach other characters in the late rounds because they're nothing but sorcs and rangers and priests.

Sound logic, champ.

Edited by Meconopsis, 07 July 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#108 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

THeir burst skills have no cooldown.while I have to use a 3 minute skill where I am going to die when it finishes, or drop multiple ranks and get kicked out while it;s active? What? How is that fair?

*Very few* people will stop targetting me when I pop it, and if I manually exit it it's re-freeze and dead. Seriously, how fair is a six second double damage snare on such a short cooldown?

Edited by ODKN, 07 July 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#109 Qtpiegumdrops

Qtpiegumdrops

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

Woah woah, calm your jimmies.

First, sounds like you have no idea what Feral Defense does. It makes us IMMOBILE. And yeah, sure it gives us reduction, but you only describe one variable - multiple people could be targeting us. We don't choose not to use our defensive skills, rather simply they DO NOT help at all, and maye delay death for 10 seconds, if not ever. Same goes for Protection Ki, except we got no stuns to make up for mobility defense.

Meanwhile, sorcs and other broken colo classes can just continue shooting pew pews and then what good will defensive skills do huh? We can't even reach other characters in the late rounds because they're nothing but sorcs and rangers and priests.

Sound logic, champ.

Alright, well I don't know how BM's work, so then I guess their defense skill is useless. Wait... so Feral Defense makes you immobile? But... aren't you going to be immobile for 6 seconds anyways since you are frozen? So... why not use it to mitigate the damage from the burst you know is coming... since you are going to be immobile regardless.

And protection ki is a good skill to use, I have a monk. If you use it as soon as you get frozen, and then pop a potion after the sorc skills hit, 9 times out of 10 the sorc will leave you for an easier target. No point messing with a full hp monk when they just blew their VS and JT combo netting 2kish damage (if they don't crit and you use defensive)

Want to know something else? Tank classes have a far easier time farming mobs for points than a sorc does. On my monk or warrior I can farm mobs in relative peace. If I see a sorc farming them? I know they can't take multiple mobs very well and end up getting a free kill most of the time.

But.. back to the BM skill since your jimmies seem to be quite rustled. You don't use a defensive skill since it immobilizes you, even though you are already immobilized due to being frozem. Even though said defensive skill could mitigate the burst. And the fact that it immobilizes you is a moot point (as you are already frozen and immobile)

Please feed me more of your logic? <3

#110 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

I wish both my jt and vs would do the full damage without anything being parried/dodged, thats like 1/10 cases where i can burst through, and on a bm, whats 4k-5k hp loss when he runs around with 14k :x

When a wiz frost novas 5 people, who gets focused first? Right, the sorc without any dodge ability :P

#111 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Alright, well I don't know how BM's work, so then I guess their defense skill is useless. Wait... so Feral Defense makes you immobile? But... aren't you going to be immobile for 6 seconds anyways since you are frozen? So... why not use it to mitigate the damage from the burst you know is coming... since you are going to be immobile regardless.

And protection ki is a good skill to use, I have a monk. If you use it as soon as you get frozen, and then pop a potion after the sorc skills hit, 9 times out of 10 the sorc will leave you for an easier target. No point messing with a full hp monk when they just blew their VS and JT combo netting 2kish damage (if they don't crit and you use defensive)

Want to know something else? Tank classes have a far easier time farming mobs for points than a sorc does. On my monk or warrior I can farm mobs in relative peace. If I see a sorc farming them? I know they can't take multiple mobs very well and end up getting a free kill most of the time.

But.. back to the BM skill since your jimmies seem to be quite rustled. You don't use a defensive skill since it immobilizes you, even though you are already immobilized due to being frozem. Even though said defensive skill could mitigate the burst. And the fact that it immobilizes you is a moot point (as you are already frozen and immobile)

Please feed me more of your logic? <3

Farming mobs is a joke. My slow ass Rage strike won't net me any kill steals, and now that everyone knows how to do colo it's just killsteal everywhere. I;ve literally had sorcs just stand there so they can one shot it while I can't do jack because BMs have no single strike burst. Being immoblised, and being unable to do *anything* are two different things...especially when that sorc can just re-freeze me afterwards. So in the end, thas a wasted 13=18 seconds when I could have been actually getting points to not drop in rank.

Edited by ODKN, 07 July 2013 - 08:47 AM.

#112 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

I don't think the developers actually thought of what Knights would be like in PVP. Why? Because Knights aren't design to do DPS they are design to TANK, take damage.

But warriors are different story, but it doesn't seem like they're alright in Col but they could use so work to match up with sorc.

#113 Qtpiegumdrops

Qtpiegumdrops

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Farming mobs isn't a joke. There's been so many times I've beeen on my war/monk and made it to final round with 0 kills, because I farmed mobs. And it also depends on the location, yeah if you try to farm mobs in the center you're more likely to get ksed, if you farm on the sides you are less likely.

Also, back to the BM defense skill (since I've never played a BM and have no idea how they work)

Can you remove the buff prematurely or no? If you can, then you technically wouldn't have to be immobile for it's duration. I know you can remove some buffs and others you can't. If you can't, then that does kinda suck as a defensive skill.

I will give you the fact that farming mobs in the earlier rounds has gotten much harder since more and more people have learned how to do colo. It is still viable to farm mobs in the later rounds though.

Edited by Qtpiegumdrops, 07 July 2013 - 08:50 AM.

#114 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

LET ME IMPROVE MY SKILLZ IN COLO *gets critted for 7k with best endgame gear* ic

#115 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

My clannie(Warrior) won collo a few days ago with 0 kills every round, only killing monsters.

#116 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Warriors: Freeze, it;s over.

Still never crit higher than 3-4k due to defense before they jump on you and unload. That is why they have endure, and parrying. When I get snared, I pop endure and spear hits for 2k, yet when I get up my auto attack crits for 1500. Your just not doing it right.

Knight: Freeze, it might be over.

Still never hit hard and when you are snared, you pop a defense skill to reduce all damage.

Beastmaster: Freeze, Snare trap, out of the fight.

Beastmasters are screwed but that is why they have stupid ammounts of health AND a heal by % skill right?

Rogue: Bleed, out of the fight, then Freeze, Dead.

Rogue has a heal 60% skill and a knockdown + huge damage modifier and higher crit chance.

Assassin: Freeze, dead.

LMAO this is funny, again another class that has a "We take no damage due to reduction" when disabled. Once out we jump, stun and kill with stupid high crits and the games poor targeting of the "Can only target infront."

Monk: Freeze or Snare, pretty much out of the fight.

Chunky, cant help this class other than that.

I could go on... Seriously, one spell isn't all it should take to win, but it is. -_- It also has no real cooldown.

I guess sorcs just shouldnt have ANY Damaging skills at all. Lets just make every class have 10k hp and 2k damage. First to 5 hits wins!

#117 Qtpiegumdrops

Qtpiegumdrops

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

ODKN... I have one serious question for you. I want you to answer it truthfully. How often do sorcs even go after you at the start of the round when you are at full hp?

From my experience (On a monk and warrior, so mileage may vary) I rarely get targetted with full hp, other than for someone to stick a dot on me, then proceed to target a squishier target.

When I get to 50%-75% hp that's when I start to get targetted... but it's not just by sorcs, it's by everyone.

My solution? I invest in potions to make sure to keep my hp above that threshhold... and I usually end up dying one time per round during colo. Sometimes I can go without dying at all. Most of the time it's just too much hassle to deal with a full hp tank class.

Oh, and I just buy the potions from the vendor in colo.

Now lets ask the sorcs how many times on average they die during colo? xD

Edited by Qtpiegumdrops, 07 July 2013 - 09:05 AM.

#118 Oreot

Oreot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

My clannie(Warrior) won collo a few days ago with 0 kills every round, only killing monsters.

How do you win nothing but farming Porings in the final round? 

#119 Qtpiegumdrops

Qtpiegumdrops

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

I've gotten close once, I was first place as a warrior, only other visible person was a priest. I didn't really mess with the priest, and he didn't mess with me. Everyone else was literally concealed until the last 30 seconds. Unfortunately I died while being focused by everyone else :P if I had a spinel and enough master red pots it could have been possible!

#120 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

Farming mobs isn't a joke. There's been so many times I've beeen on my war/monk and made it to final round with 0 kills, because I farmed mobs. And it also depends on the location, yeah if you try to farm mobs in the center you're more likely to get ksed, if you farm on the sides you are less likely.

Also, back to the BM defense skill (since I've never played a BM and have no idea how they work)

Can you remove the buff prematurely or no? If you can, then you technically wouldn't have to be immobile for it's duration. I know you can remove some buffs and others you can't. If you can't, then that does kinda suck as a defensive skill.

I will give you the fact that farming mobs in the earlier rounds has gotten much harder since more and more people have learned how to do colo. It is still viable to farm mobs in the later rounds though.

It can be, but, again, if you end it early you'll just be re=frozen/snared.

#121 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

They don't.

Still doesn't make up the fact that BM and Monk are nigh useless in winning colo. Also, in the midst of the chaos, how are you going to figure out who is blasting you down? And sorcs and rangers target me all the time. Especially since those are the only targets I can go for once all the initial monsters are gone or pointless to kill due to high health. What do I get in return? A useless defense skill and death. Can't even fight back. Wasted time.

#122 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

All I know is I had an easier time winning on Erza than I have had on Mavis. Know why? Freeze me? Okay Endure + pot, Now what? Toss dem lil lightning bolts, Ill chase you down, auto attack with crits for MORE than your little attacks because I know your burst combo is down so Ill pop my damage buff, and ragestrike for 4-5k. I have had no problems winning or even getting to final round while knocking out rangers, sorcs, and priests... well priests are harder but rangers and sorcs are free kills to my warrior. Maybe you just don't use your character to its full potential. Learn new ways? A full support priest cant Colo that easy, so what is saying a full tank. Try new things and look up videos. Stop being lazy.

#123 Qtpiegumdrops

Qtpiegumdrops

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

BM and Monk may be at the bottom tier, but it is possible to win colo, it just requires luck in getting that final ks, as it does with any other class. And why only rangers and sorcs? What about wizards, sins, low hp tanks, priests? Honestly, when I'm on my monk I find it much easier to kill steal a low hp tank than it is to kill steal a low hp ranger or sorc with guillotine fist. Why? Because that ranger or sorc is going to drop much faster than the tank :P. More often than not on the ranger or sorc someone else will get the kill, while on a tank if I use gfist when they are at around 2kish hp, they are usually down to 500-1k by the time gfist lands, netting me the kill.

Also, it's all about knowing when to use your defensive skills. I hardly find any defensive cooldown useless if you're number 1 in the final round and need to survive those last 10 seconds.

Or if I'm on my monk and get a kill early in the round and get rank 1-3 and start getting targetted? Pop Protection Ki and Flee, and people stop targetting when they realize they do almost no damage.

Also if I'm a higher rank on one of my melee classes, I'll try to hide out in a side room until my rank is no longer visible, less chance to get focused. (sometimes can be risky, those ranks can drop fast.)

It's all about knowing how to play the game (the ks and survive game), and using all of your tools to your advantage, to even the odds.

#124 Polemos

Polemos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

BM and Monk may be at the bottom tier, but it is possible to win colo, it just requires luck in getting that final ks, as it does with any other class. And why only rangers and sorcs? What about wizards, sins, low hp tanks, priests? Honestly, when I'm on my monk I find it much easier to kill steal a low hp tank than it is to kill steal a low hp ranger or sorc with guillotine fist. Why? Because that ranger or sorc is going to drop much faster than the tank :P. More often than not on the ranger or sorc someone else will get the kill, while on a tank if I use gfist when they are at around 2kish hp, they are usually down to 500-1k by the time gfist lands, netting me the kill.

Also, it's all about knowing when to use your defensive skills. I hardly find any defensive cooldown useless if you're number 1 in the final round and need to survive those last 10 seconds.

Or if I'm on my monk and get a kill early in the round and get rank 1-3 and start getting targetted? Pop Protection Ki and Flee, and people stop targetting when they realize they do almost no damage.

Also if I'm a higher rank on one of my melee classes, I'll try to hide out in a side room until my rank is no longer visible, less chance to get focused. (sometimes can be risky, those ranks can drop fast.)

It's all about knowing how to play the game (the ks and survive game), and using all of your tools to your advantage, to even the odds.

What? You mean learn how to play?! Blasphemy! People around here only wants to get spoon fed.

A full support priest cant Colo that easy, so what is saying a full tank.

My friend is a FS priest.  He can go from round 1 to be being a champion with 0 deaths.  That's 5 rounds without dying once.  He has no PVP gear, no cash shop items, just his class buff and the normally crafted buff food.

Edited by Polemos, 07 July 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#125 6299130505154003263

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

Let me put it this way...

If you won a 1v1 with sorc as melee as warrior/knight/bm/monk without enrage:

a) that sorc is a complete scrub

B) all the RNG gods where in your favor those few seconds, making you land all your skills and massive crits all the time and also the sorc will miss all the skills(lmao)

c) that sorc is terrible

As a knight, only a few classes jump on me while im full, usually rangers and priests to lay dots and move on, but sorcs can take me out full hp with no issues. If I cant target the sorc asap I stand absolutely no chance. If theres other class hitting me, might as well target a monster or a low player to try to minimize your loss.

At colo, massive bursts and ks skills bring you massive amount of points, and in that sorc is in god tier along with ranger and priest. Main problem of sorc is the massive amount of utility and CC.

You can heal a lot, CC a lot and still do a massive amount of damage while at it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users