45 replies to this topic

#26 Haswell

Haswell

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

=o

Nice, I was thinking about rolling a ranger too.

#27 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

Hoh, Rogues are almost on Tier 3 on that list!!

Oh well, that might actually help. Deception is part of a battle after all >=D!!

#28 Voltorios

Voltorios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationHiding behind my shield.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Fom my little experience in Colos I think this is a pretty good guide... UNFORTUNETLY i've been lvling my BM which I LOVE more than my knight so now I'll be at the very bottom of the totem pole.........

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :pif:

#29 Zardini

Zardini

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

Agree on the list and also agree on the discussion,  :thumb2:

melee can run around range while attacking is a skill and tactic,

poring buff is for  all the melee and ... ranger ><'' is something to balance up the disadvantage( if you think there really is) 

sin rogue monk can KS too ! as mention. 

Dont know abt knight n warrior n bear skill that much but some knight n warrior seems pretty scary dps.

Wiz win priest yes ><

priest is king of colo >< yes. but not king of Kill Steal

who is the one wining here....

#30 Joeydemunnik

Joeydemunnik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationthe Netherlands

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

Easy BM fix: Make Brutal Strike a single hit and make it so the heal of cruel bite cant "Miss" i mean really.. How can you miss a heal? 

#31 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Easy BM fix: Make Brutal Strike a single hit and make it so the heal of cruel bite cant "Miss" i mean really.. How can you miss a heal? 

Healing the floor?

#32 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Lvl 2 Battle Tactics + Critical Shield Cannon

I gotta disagree with that. Tbh, the only benefit of using shield cannon is that you only have to hit them with the first strike. If they teleport after that, it still hits them with the other 2 hits. As for critical hits, it's pointless. If it only did 1 strong attack like Rage Strike, then yes I'd totally agree our burst damage would be great. But a crit shield cannon is like 1 crit, 2 non-crits. Maybe if I wear my 4-leaf clover-infused armor and all the planets align, then maybe all 3 hits will crit. Knights are basically another monk, just with more utility.

#33 foxfight

foxfight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:START Odin

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

Updated:

Top Tier:

Any class with 30 sec. Embus

#34 Joeydemunnik

Joeydemunnik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationthe Netherlands

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Updated:

Top Tier:

Any class with 30 sec. Embus

Ah man i hate that.. I always get frozen by them but they just leave me trapped and I have to wait for the ice to melt...

It sux not having a single ranged skill.

#35 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Updated: Added Soulmaker and Crecentia.

Still debating on whether or not Crecentia should be below Assassins and/or Rogue since Crecentia has two defensive buffs with dreadful cooldowns, while Assassin and Rogue have a decent defensive buff with a decent cooldown.

#36 SilentSorceress

SilentSorceress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

From my own experience, I would probably switch sin with wiz and then drop cres below wiz. SM is the more dangerous of the two noels, and I notice when they are around, so I agree with their ranking. I definitely think an assassin should be a bigger priority than cres. I want to say the same for rogue too, but that's not as clear. I've never seen anything too impressive from cres in colo, but I don't know if it is due to the class or the players.

#37 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

From my own experience, I would probably switch sin with wiz and then drop cres below wiz. SM is the more dangerous of the two noels, and I notice when they are around, so I agree with their ranking. I definitely think an assassin should be a bigger priority than cres. I want to say the same for rogue too, but that's not as clear. I've never seen anything too impressive from cres in colo, but I don't know if it is due to the class or the players.

When it comes to this game, it's more Class > Player skill for the most part for PvP. I mean look at sorcs lol.

As much as I would agree with you on how sin could/should be above wiz because they counter them and can't be kited, but overall as a ranged class, Wizards still counter the majority of all the other melee classes. Which is why I placed it above all others. I see a gap in between Knight and Warrior that is reserved for Rogues since they're now buffed. Sorry knight.

I figured Crecentia would be below sin, as much damage as it does underneath Soulmaker, it's killing efficiency is almost comparable to that of a sin and the Soulmaker. Leaving its capability to kill steal good as it may.

I may need confirmation whether or not if a Rogue is better than a Crecentia, but for now, Crecentia is above them.

Edited by Yukyrie, 03 October 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#38 ChopChopz

ChopChopz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Generally I agree with most..

However, knight cannot do massive damage at all.

Knight is pretty good in pvp compare to other tanks because of their gap closer, stun and slow debuff. Not any kind of massive damage.

I also dont see how warrior is rated above sin, war is being kited all the time.

Edited by ChopChopz, 03 October 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#39 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Generally I agree with most..

However, knight cannot do massive damage at all.

Knight is pretty good in pvp compare to other tanks because of their gap closer, stun and slow debuff. Not any kind of massive damage.

I also dont see how warrior is rated above sin, war is being kited all the time.

I've seen Knights do some weird combo with their Shield Charges and Shield Cannons that deal an adequate amount of damage on squishy classes. Either that, or they're spamming their Aura Strikes constantly while using the Battle Tactics build. But anyways, that high damage is out their still, thanks to the Battle Tactics build. Basically their crits are making me believe that it's massive damage. I may have to use another word to describe it in between adequate damage and/or massive damage. Perhaps decent damage?

I rated Warriors above sins because they have better survival capabilities than them and their killing efficiency is almost just as good. I may have to review this more better if others say otherwise. 

Edited by Yukyrie, 03 October 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#40 ChopChopz

ChopChopz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

I've seen Knights do some weird combo with their Shield Charges and Shield Cannons that deal an adequate amount of damage on squishy classes. Either that, or they're spamming their Aura Strikes constantly while using the Battle Tactics build. But anyways, that high damage is out their still, thanks to the Battle Tactics build. Basically their crits are making me believe that it's massive damage. I may have to use another word to describe it in between adequate damage and/or massive damage. Perhaps decent damage?

I rated Warriors above sins because they have better survival capabilities than them and their killing efficiency is almost just as good. I may have to relook this if others say otherwise. 

Knight has decent damage when they cri, i would say they their dps are pretty steady and good, with their stun they can constantly take away your hp and defeat you.

I agree Warrior can occansionly do massive damage, because when rage strike crit it can nearly one hit the opponent. But knight cannot do that.

Warrior is pretty strong against other melee, but any ranged class can own them easily by kiting.

Knight on the other hand can do better against ranged class compared to warrior because of their debuff and stun.

Edited by ChopChopz, 03 October 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#41 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

Putting Warrior and Soulmaker over Assassin seems pretty questionable to me.. Warrior can take a beating but has no gap closer and finds themselves at the extreme mercy of ranged classes, battle leap isn't what I'd call reliable for that and it's on a huge cooldown too. Soulmakers are an annoying priest-wannabe in colo since their links don't work there (which is what makes them strong), sure sacrifice is a nice burst skill but that's all they can really do -- their heals aren't overwhelming at all like Priest and they have no way of defending themselves against something attacking them. If something like a ranger or assassin starts attacking a SM, they really can't do anything back. 

This is kinda why I think Assassin is #4 on the list -- they're the only melee DPS with a very reliable, powerful ranged knockdown on a low CD to deal with ranged classes, their movespeed lets them hunt ranged very easily/pick their own fights (like Scout in TF2, this is a very powerful ability to have) and when somebody starts attacking them, both shadow armor and shadow assault are stellar means of fighting back and possibly killing your assailant in the process. I never aim for Assassins on any of my characters because it often backfires since in a 1v1 undisturbed scenario Assassin will almost always win. I would say Assassin has better survivability than Warrior because: fighting back with a surprise assault is a form of defense that kills the attacker / simply running around stops other melee classes pestering you / you're not going to kill one when Shadow Armor is up. It's just not happening.

Anyway, I think the true top tiers here are Embus of Ruin, Mermaid and Giant Driller.

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 05 October 2013 - 02:26 AM.

#42 halpme

halpme

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

From my experience, I think rangers are OP. They need to be nerfed hard this winter because they hit hard and fast, and they have a lot of annoying skills.

reasons:

- hits hard and very fast

- ranged class

- strong DoT

- traps

- creating distance

- stealth

- speed booster

I agree with your list.

#43 DuBisk

DuBisk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNapoli, Italy

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

I am a priest and yes, we are quite powerful in colo. But what we do to gain points is essentially kill stealing, and we are defenseless when someone attacks us, so we can just heal ourselves as much as we can or flee. Sorcerers and rangers are truly overpowered, I mean, I have 12k HPs in colo, and I've seen sorcs making me 9k damage with a single shot and rangers killing me with 2 shots (cast in 3-4 seconds).

#44 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

I am a priest and yes, we are quite powerful in colo. But what we do to gain points is essentially kill stealing, and we are defenseless when someone attacks us, so we can just heal ourselves as much as we can or flee. Sorcerers and rangers are truly overpowered, I mean, I have 12k HPs in colo, and I've seen sorcs making me 9k damage with a single shot and rangers killing me with 2 shots (cast in 3-4 seconds).

I don't think its possible for rangers to do 12k dmg in 2 shots even with 200% dmg buff from poring. Maybe possible in 3 shots, only with the buff and if every attack crits. On the other hand, I've seen a warrior dish out over 13k dmg in a single attack in colo.

From my experience, I think rangers are OP. They need to be nerfed hard this winter because they hit hard and fast, and they have a lot of annoying skills.

reasons:

- hits hard and very fast

- ranged class

- strong DoT

- traps

- creating distance

- stealth

- speed booster

I agree with your list.

Ranged classes do hold an advantage in colo, however rangers are about on par with sorcs and priests in colo. Ranger with poring buff will beat sorc and priest easily, however without the poring buff both sorcs and priests can easily outheal and beat ranger. So its down to luck if ranger gets poring buff or not. Of course there's other factors too - in final round people tend to gang up on the person on first place, and while rangers can hit fast, both priest and sorc have stronger burst damage. So with equal ksing skill, sorcs and priests beat ranger due to higher burst dmg. Traps are usually only effective against melee classes or out of stealth. Creating distance can be useful for running away but when you have 3-4 chasing you in final round you won't be able to escape for that long even with the speed booster, because of the shape and relatively small size of the arena (can't keep running directly away). If rangers are to be nerfed, then sorcs and priests need to be nerfed just as hard, and wizards should be nerfed as well but not by as much.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 03 November 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#45 halpme

halpme

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

I don't think its possible for rangers to do 12k dmg in 2 shots even with 200% dmg buff from poring. Maybe possible in 3 shots, only with the buff and if every attack crits. On the other hand, I've seen a warrior dish out over 13k dmg in a single attack in colo.

Ranged classes do hold an advantage in colo, however rangers are about on par with sorcs and priests in colo. Ranger with poring buff will beat sorc and priest easily, however without the poring buff both sorcs and priests can easily outheal and beat ranger. So its down to luck if ranger gets poring buff or not. Of course there's other factors too - in final round people tend to gang up on the person on first place, and while rangers can hit fast, both priest and sorc have stronger burst damage. So with equal ksing skill, sorcs and priests beat ranger due to higher burst dmg. Traps are usually only effective against melee classes or out of stealth. Creating distance can be useful for running away but when you have 3-4 chasing you in final round you won't be able to escape for that long even with the speed booster, because of the shape and relatively small size of the arena (can't keep running directly away). If rangers are to be nerfed, then sorcs and priests need to be nerfed just as hard, and wizards should be nerfed as well but not by as much.

Don't get me wrong, all those classes seriously need to be nerfed too. I just find Rangers to be the most annoying of them all. What I am saying is Rangers' OP skills are as if they were designed for PVP and their stats should be adjusted to even it out, same goes for Sorcerers. They may have less tricks than Rangers, but their attacks can pretty much drop anyone in a few hits. IDK about Priests because they don't pose a real threat 1 on 1, but it seems they can KS with ease so I supposed they need to be nerfed too.

Sorcerers and Rangers dominate the Colosseum with their killing/killstealing capabilities. It's way too unbalanced.
I was just pointing out the problem with Rangers.

#46 Tyrcard

Tyrcard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

Tbh, I fare much better with a Rogue rather than Warrior in colo. Ofc, those are still lvl 33 rogue and 34 warrior. Maybe things will change at higher levels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users