What kind of Compensation would YOU like to see? - Page 3 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What kind of Compensation would YOU like to see?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#51 oClark

oClark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

yeah what about one new  class change scroll? :p_omg:  

Players will start jumping on bandwagon to the most OP class at our current patch. It'll be interesting and confusing at the same time though.

#52 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

Players will start jumping on bandwagon to the most OP class at our current patch. It'll be interesting and confusing at the same time though.

Well considering Sorcerer to Invoker or Sorcerer to Summoner in terms of main-swapping. Or Savage to Ninja swaps.

However there are issues to consider with that item:

1.) Equipment and Item Mall equips.

2.) Skill builds/points.

3.) Shield variants swaps.

4.) Bonus Stat point reset.

Say I was gonna swap from Overlord to Dragoon (Absolutely not btw I go Overlord for life). Then my set will have to be swapped to the appropriate stuff. This means:

1.) Elga set.

2.) My new Secmathain Pants for 40hlt.

3.) Elga-shields.

4.) Fire Guardian 2h to Water guardian 1h sword for equal stats.

5.) New Skill builds.

6.) Possibly new bonus stats.

Now Overlord to Dragoon isn't so bad considering they're both Warriors. But imagine something drastic like Destroyer to Ninja or Savage to Jumeax.

#53 Ring

Ring

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationWindy Farm

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

I love way he thinks... Sounds like a great compensation. :p_hi:

#54 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Well considering Sorcerer to Invoker or Sorcerer to Summoner in terms of main-swapping. Or Savage to Ninja swaps.

2.) Skill builds/points.

1)problem encountered

2)Reset sp when class is changed

3)problem encountered

4)Reset bonus stats when class is changed

#55 oClark

oClark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

2.) Skill builds/points.

Say I was gonna swap from Overlord to Dragoon (Absolutely not btw I go Overlord for life). Then my set will have to be swapped to the appropriate stuff. This means:

1.) Elga set.

2.) My new Secmathain Pants for 40hlt.

3.) Elga-shields.

4.) Fire Guardian 2h to Water guardian 1h sword for equal stats.

5.) New Skill builds.

6.) Possibly new bonus stats.

Now Overlord to Dragoon isn't so bad considering they're both Warriors. But imagine something drastic like Destroyer to Ninja or Savage to Jumeax.

Even if Devs consider the job-exchange scroll proposal, i don't think they would consider changing the gear set as well. It cost a lot of time to be able to make it happen to begin with and there's no way they are doing it without profits. This proposal sounds good in Theory but not realistic.

#56 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

So instead of learning how to properly use a class during leveling (which is already being not being done by people grinding in F7), just grind with a class that's easy to level (like a Rogue or Priest) and change to the OP class once the char is capped at max lvl? Oh, DS, how low your players have sunk....

Edited by CharlesBabbage, 09 July 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#57 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

How would would you even handle Monster cards? would the player get refunded all their IM for monster ins or would they get to choose which new skills to make X/6-10?

#58 oClark

oClark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

So instead of learning how to properly use a class during leveling (which is already being not being done by people grinding in F7), just grind with a class that's easy to level (like a Rogue or Priest) and change to the OP class once the char is capped at max lvl? Oh, DS, how low your players have sunk....

It's just an idea people are throwing around. It's controversial that's why we are talking about it.

#59 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

It's just an idea people are throwing around. It's controversial that's why we are talking about it.

I realize that. But you have to admit -- a more discerning playerbase wouldn't talk about such an idea outside a theoretical setting.

#60 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

So the Class Change Job Scroll is unlikely.. 

#61 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

A Shrine built to honor and recognize me in the center of Port of winds. Praying to said shrine will grant all players 15% absolute critical rate for an hour, once per day.

I think this would be more than fair.

#62 Ezrael14

Ezrael14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

So the Class Change Job Scroll is unlikely.. 

I have a different idea for a Class Change Scroll. Instead of changing to any class. Make it a scroll that changes to the opposite class and can only be used under lvl40 (Basicly, before 2nd advancment). That way when someone makes a new character and regrets their path choice. They can simply change (example: Wizard to Monk. Knight to Gladiator. Marksman to Hunter). Though I am still sticking with my old suggestion for IM points XD

Edited by Ezrael14, 09 July 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#63 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

A class change scroll should have never be bought up. It will bring total chaos to the game and this thread is about compensation for the bug/error that happen the past week not suggesting idea to change the game when the game is already broken.

#64 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

A Shrine built to honor and recognize me in the center of Port of winds. Praying to said shrine will grant all players 15% absolute critical rate for an hour, once per day.

I think this would be more than fair.

How is that fair? I deserve my own shrine more than you do. :p_sad:

#65 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Back to topic :), i really would like enchant stuff as compensation :P

#66 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

From everyone's responses, we're essentially just choosing between IMPs and enchanting items. A few of us, including myself, want increased SC and enchant rates as well, but that's not really as helpful to us now that the enchanting event is about to end -- much less if none of the enchanting items are refunded.

#67 CIAKirito

CIAKirito

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

Balloons, Not some low balloon, Something like the Laptop Balloon :3

#68 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

Balloons, Not some low balloon, Something like the Laptop Balloon :3

No. High quality balloons are not meant to be given out like candy. They were only available during special events and players had to work really hard to get the best ones. Even for one week of buggy gameplay (or no gameplay at all for some people), they're worth too much to offer as compensation.

EDIT: If you want an event where it's possible to earn yourself a good balloon, then that might be more viable.

Edited by CharlesBabbage, 09 July 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#69 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

No. High quality balloons are not meant to be given out like candy. They were only available during special events and players had to work really hard to get the best ones. Even for one week of buggy gameplay (or no gameplay at all for some people), they're worth too much to offer as compensation.

EDIT: If you want an event where it's possible to earn yourself a good balloon, then that might be more viable.

yup I agree and that goes for bloody crystal as well, end game item should not be "given out like candy" even if it in a gacha box.

#70 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

my problem with the gacha is it's literally another p2w item.  I'd agree with putting them into the machine for 100x of 4 legendary bless=1 bloody.

edit: Back on topic, people were still able to play the game just not newer players, refunding stuff from the event wouldn't affect the majority of ppl who were affected by this.  With past incidents like this we were always given either IM or Enchanting items.

Edited by StormHaven, 09 July 2013 - 03:38 PM.

#71 woonkeyluvzyou

woonkeyluvzyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

I have a different idea for a Class Change Scroll. Instead of changing to any class. Make it a scroll that changes to the opposite class and can only be used under lvl40 (Basicly, before 2nd advancment). That way when someone makes a new character and regrets their path choice. They can simply change (example: Wizard to Monk. Knight to Gladiator. Marksman to Hunter). Though I am still sticking with my old suggestion for IM points XD

That's reasonable. I like that idea. But it would be nice to change to different class completely.

#72 RavenVonPolaris

RavenVonPolaris

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

I think you should make 3 or 4 choice packages as compensation!  Each package could have different contents (ex: enhancement package with enhancement materials and whatnot, IM points + pet package, etc), and limit to 1 per account (to prevent muling). That way, everyone gets what they want.

#73 Ezrael14

Ezrael14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

I think you should make 3 or 4 choice packages as compensation!  Each package could have different contents (ex: enhancement package with enhancement materials and whatnot, IM points + pet package, etc), and limit to 1 per account (to prevent muling). That way, everyone gets what they want.

This is probably the best 1 since the version of the class scroll I mentioned is useless to a dragonkin.
It could be something like this.

When you log in you get a screen with 5 boxes (Like when clearing dungeons: Farell,Wailing Hill,Lavalon. And not random. The content would be written under it)
And they contain 1 of the following:

1. A mount + 10 day mount food.
2. 3 W-Coins for the fashion conscious players :P 
3. Enchant scrolls and stones
4. Or just simply. Around 250 to 300 IMP.
5. The class change scroll I mentioned

(Note: It should be that the 1st 3 options shouldn't be able to be bought with the given IMP. The IMP is for those players who want to buy other things like hair,dye,accessories and faces)

And the items would appear on the 1st character you choose.

Edited by Ezrael14, 10 July 2013 - 03:17 AM.

#74 besmooth27

besmooth27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

This by far is the best idea yet im gonna bump this one up^...personally

Nice Job Thinking out side of the Box!!  :p_idea:  :p_hi:  :heh:  :rice:

#75 besmooth27

besmooth27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

When an adult asks a group of children, what do you want and the kids cant agree on one thing they usualy  end up getting nothing or something none of them wanted .....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users