Patch Notes 7/10/2013 - Page 12 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 7/10/2013

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#276 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

what about the people with the patching issue and can't even login?

#277 Smac5

Smac5

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

Things that have been reported and are being analyzed:

-Kafra showroom not working correctly on other characters

-Assassin's Shadow Assault animation

-Falling through the ground when leaving dungeons and colosseum

-the Battle start and end messages disappearing

-Certain NPC's missing

-Some people not able to see the WoE daily quests on the Wanted List Board

Things that have been reported but still awaiting response:

-Mid-accessory fusion

-Pandora's drop rune enhancement elixirs not working.

-Class related issues:

-Priest Heals

-Ranger "Object Blocking Target"

-Skills with queue-type system

-Rogue and Assassin's Dark Illusion problems

-Skills not working in Colosseum after targeting

-Sometimes harvesting in shadow form doesn't work or becomes strange

-Monk Guillotine abilities stuns before showing animation

-Battle leap unable to be used when moving

-Emoticons show up covering the player’s face if the camera isn’t completely zoomed out. Damage and healing numbers are showing up a lot higher over monsters than previously.

-Level 15 chat channel restrictions has been removed. 

-Due to Windows 8 updates, many Win 8 users have experienced disconnection issues. 

-Certain crafting items are useless in game. 

-Some monsters in Ghost Ship are able to see through Hiding or Camo and attack players. Also, being teleported outside of the Ghost Ship.

-Replacing cards no longer have warning prompt message that it will destroy the old one. 

-Item descriptions stretching out across the page. 

Please let us know if we have overlooked or missed anything.

-Drop in game performance.  The game seems to run more jerky than it used to, that is to say it doesn't run smooth even on system with high end hardware

-Auto loot doesn't seem to work if you hold right click and have the camera facing a direction that's not toward the loot.  Your character will run back and forward without ever picking up the loot

-Projectiles get interrupted in mid-flight (this is old and should be looked at)

-Damage number are displayed too high and can't be seen on monsters with above normal size

That autoloot problem is the most annoying seeing your character go back and forth instead of picking the loot. That's because of the dead mobs bug where the names of the dead mobs does not disappear and you can still click dead mobs. Before patch once the mob is dead your target disappears automatically now it won't since the names of the mobs are still there and you can still click it.

#278 Howie

Howie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Things that have been reported and are being analyzed:

-Kafra showroom not working correctly on other characters

-Assassin's Shadow Assault animation

-Falling through the ground when leaving dungeons and colosseum

-the Battle start and end messages disappearing

-Certain NPC's missing

-Some people not able to see the WoE daily quests on the Wanted List Board

Things that have been reported but still awaiting response:

-Mid-accessory fusion

-Pandora's drop rune enhancement elixirs not working.

-Class related issues:

-Priest Heals

-Ranger "Object Blocking Target"

-Skills with queue-type system

-Rogue and Assassin's Dark Illusion problems

-Skills not working in Colosseum after targeting

-Sometimes harvesting in shadow form doesn't work or becomes strange

-Monk Guillotine abilities stuns before showing animation

-Battle leap unable to be used when moving

-Emoticons show up covering the player’s face if the camera isn’t completely zoomed out. Damage and healing numbers are showing up a lot higher over monsters than previously.

-Level 15 chat channel restrictions has been removed. 

-Due to Windows 8 updates, many Win 8 users have experienced disconnection issues. 

-Certain crafting items are useless in game. 

-Some monsters in Ghost Ship are able to see through Hiding or Camo and attack players. Also, being teleported outside of the Ghost Ship.

-Replacing cards no longer have warning prompt message that it will destroy the old one. 

-Item descriptions stretching out across the page. 

Please let us know if we have overlooked or missed anything.

This type of problem actually exists with monks as well. They can't throw a spirit sphere (sometimes) or use lightning walk without having to stop.

Also, with lightning walk, I've noticed that upon trying to use the skill that it likes to give a message that I am unable to go to that location when the target is out in the open.

#279 Polemos

Polemos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Some additions, these are old and should be looked at, extremely annoying

-Clicking through the UI onto monsters at the background, very annoying when playing priest trying to click on health bars because you aren't clicking on your party member's health bar, instead, you are clicking on a monster and healing yourself

Current:

-Some monsters of the same level shows up with an orange level tag instead of a yellow one

#280 Qtpiegumdrops

Qtpiegumdrops

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Boss AoE indicators in raids aren't working correctly.

#281 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

What is this seriously all you've come up with?

Do you really not even bother to simply go try things yourselves with GM powers ?

God damn its unbelievable.

The problem is NOT simply Shadow Assault of the Assassin class - it is every skill that makes your character move to a target:
Warrior's battle leap

Knight's shield charge

etc

All raiding "Area of effect floor templates" are a huge mess, they show either the wrong template and/or show it at the wrong place

Animation of the character becoming stuck on a single frame - I can still do all my attacks except, for some reason, shield boomerang, when this bug occurs and it only goes away after closing the game completely and relogin-in.

There are so many undocumented problems I just don't get it.

I don't play this game to make it a job to report problems, play the damn game yourselves in the office and find out whats wrong, stop waiting for people to report a problem in a detailed fashion, we (or at least I) spend money (should I just never have? Perhaps) and you expect me and others to be the ones to spend our time telling you what the idiots in Korea messed up.

#282 JoshObra

JoshObra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin (SN: UrAwFuL)

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

I'm not so sure if this is patch related, but this is my 2nd time crashing during Colosseum on my Wizard.

1st time was beginning of round 2. And just now I crashed in the beginning of round 1.

I've never crashed in Colosseum this much before.

EDIT: And I spawn next to the PvE/PvP arena when I get back online.

Edited by JoshObra, 14 July 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#283 SumPsychoChic

SumPsychoChic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationAthens, Ga
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

The monster names still on dead monsters is highly annoying and should be looked into.

Edited by SumPsychoChic, 15 July 2013 - 12:59 AM.

#284 Crimmeh

Crimmeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:43 AM

Only had it happen once while killing a Wild Savage on my wiz, but the monster sprite vanished though the name was still there as well as the selection circle. The big issue though was that I would cast my skills (fireball, firestarter, both did the same) ad they would cast but not have any effect on the enemy. Thankfully I already had a firestarter caster on it prior to it bugging out so it slowly dies, otherwise I would have an invisible monster attacking me with no way to kill it. Like I said, it only happened once so not sure how it happened or if it can be redone but thought I would give a heads up.

#285 Crimmeh

Crimmeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:02 AM

What is this seriously all you've come up with?

Do you really not even bother to simply go try things yourselves with GM powers ?

God damn its unbelievable.

The problem is NOT simply Shadow Assault of the Assassin class - it is every skill that makes your character move to a target:
Warrior's battle leap

Knight's shield charge

etc

All raiding "Area of effect floor templates" are a huge mess, they show either the wrong template and/or show it at the wrong place

Animation of the character becoming stuck on a single frame - I can still do all my attacks except, for some reason, shield boomerang, when this bug occurs and it only goes away after closing the game completely and relogin-in.

There are so many undocumented problems I just don't get it.

I don't play this game to make it a job to report problems, play the damn game yourselves in the office and find out whats wrong, stop waiting for people to report a problem in a detailed fashion, we (or at least I) spend money (should I just never have? Perhaps) and you expect me and others to be the ones to spend our time telling you what the idiots in Korea messed up.

Hey there smart one, ever think that some things aren't seen until ran through enough, and the time it would take to run through every little detail of the game would be far to great to test? Every game ever mad has bugs and are fixed by players telling the development team about them. Yes, there are far more than should be and I am guessing while testing they only went in to WoE to test and didn't do anything else, but never will there be anything new added without an unseen bug here or there, unless they are extremely lucky. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play. If you have such a problem with it then go play a game that has been out long enough to get most its bugs worked out of it. All games of this sort are bug filled in the first half year to year of release. Some are faster at releasing fixes than others, but the developers of this are not as big as others either.

As for actual issues, it seems most any class with any instant cast skill is having a slight delay in casting the skill while moving. I noticed my wiz shooting off lightning bolt with a heavy delay (approx 0.5-1.5 secs, varies). As for the battle leap, I do not know about the moving and casting as I never do that, but it does not stun or damage any enemy that is not aggroed on you.

There is a problem (not sure you would call it a bug, but at least a major annoyance) when selecting something from your bag, or trying to select a party member from your raid list or something of the sort. If you cross your mouse over a sprite (be it an npc, monster, or player) prior to putting your mouse over what you want to click on, the selector stays on the sprite (as you can see in the lower right corner with the bubble showing the class of sprite and name and such) so it clicks on that as well as whatever you are trying to select. So, if you are selling items to an npc and cross over an npc while moving your cursor to the bag, when you right click it will select what is in the bag but also move to talk to the npc. If you are tryign to use an item on the field such as food and cross over a monster prior to the bag it will use the item but immediately after go to attack the monster. Same for healing in parties, if you go to click on a name of someone to heal them, but cross over someone else while moving to the raid member list, it will click on who you are trying to select then immediately select who you crossed over causing you to heal the wrong person. Would be nice to see this annoyance fixed sometime in the near future.

#286 ZefirusKZ

ZefirusKZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

I get freezes, when engage in combat. And freezes disappear after combat. The game has become really unplayable now.

#287 TheSable

TheSable

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

I have also noticed a bug where you change direction with right mouse button and then move, and your character will continue to run in the original direction.  Doesn't happen every time, but enough to be annoying.

Also, what's with my name?! <-

#288 DanielleAlly

DanielleAlly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCh10 Alberta, near AH coconut trees

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

I have also noticed a bug where you change direction with right mouse button and then move, and your character will continue to run in the original direction.  Doesn't happen every time, but enough to be annoying.

Also, what's with my name?! <-

And the only thing that caught my attention was your cute little bunny in your picture! :D 

#289 Qtpiegumdrops

Qtpiegumdrops

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

Hey there smart one, ever think that some things aren't seen until ran through enough, and the time it would take to run through every little detail of the game would be far to great to test? Every game ever mad has bugs and are fixed by players telling the development team about them. Yes, there are far more than should be and I am guessing while testing they only went in to WoE to test and didn't do anything else, but never will there be anything new added without an unseen bug here or there, unless they are extremely lucky.

I think you are missing the point Kalandros was trying to make. From what I read, it doesn't sound like he expected the WoE patch to be perfect when it was installed, everyone knows that an unsuspecting bug can pop up without warning.

What Kalandros (and many others) do expect however, is that the GM's actually put in some work in testing out the reported bugs. I mean, if there's a bug with Shadow Assault (let's refer to it as a charge skill) wouldn't the next logical step be to test out the other classes charge skills? Ie: Warrior Battle Leap, Knight shield charge, Monk lightning walk... all of which happen to be buggy, yet the GM's didn't post anything regarding those skills.

Kalandros was merely pointing out the fact that the GM's know their game is buggy, so why aren't they currently in game testing out all of these bugs so they can make the most accurate reports possible to Gravity?

#290 ZellKFF

ZellKFF

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • LocationBrussels, Belgium
  • Server:Channel 5

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

Warrior's battle leap

Knight's shield charge

etc

Those are major bugs and need addressing as a priority please.

And here's another few for the road!

- When being locked onto an enemy, if you try to run away from it (be it for the actual sake of running away, or going to use a non-target AoE on other enemies), every auto-attack tick, your char starts running back to the enemy you have targeted to try to attack it, even if it is behind you.

- Some people (including me) have reported that the 'target must be in front' message does not appear anymore, your char just stops attacking instead and does nothing

- Using any kind of buff potion (wind elixirs included) while running towards a target on which you have cast a skill (but not hit yet because you are running to hit the target) will cause you to stop on the spot and do nothing until you manually move or re-cast the "queued" skill (or any other skill).

Thanks in advance for considering all of those.

#291 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

Only had it happen once while killing a Wild Savage on my wiz, but the monster sprite vanished though the name was still there as well as the selection circle. The big issue though was that I would cast my skills (fireball, firestarter, both did the same) ad they would cast but not have any effect on the enemy. Thankfully I already had a firestarter caster on it prior to it bugging out so it slowly dies, otherwise I would have an invisible monster attacking me with no way to kill it. Like I said, it only happened once so not sure how it happened or if it can be redone but thought I would give a heads up.

If it happens again, try AoEing? It works to kill invisible mobs in labs hard mode.

#292 ZellKFF

ZellKFF

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • LocationBrussels, Belgium
  • Server:Channel 5

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

quoted from the giant thread in the bug reports section:

SoraOfKHK

Posted Today, 04:30 AM

I forget if it's been mentioned or not, but it seems like mobs (even the non-flying ones now) are flying upwards and becoming invisible. They can't even be targeted via tab-targeting when they do this. Horongs USED to be able to be tab-targeted when they flew up and became invisible (usually due to being too close, from my experience) before the recent patch, and now even Horongs are affected by this new bug to the bug that already existed.

It's not even due to being too close to them anymore (like it seemed to be with Horongs). There were several bosses, and their mobs, doing this in the Tomb dungeon yesterday when me and my party went through the dungeon. :p_swt:

Confirmed and very annoying, same goes for 6th boss of PvE raid, it is untargettable while it starts flying, so you have to find someone who is already targetting it and use the tilde key...and if it's a mob that spawns in a flying state, like ghost pereiz (one of the adds of the 6th boss), there is no way you can target it at all. Another thing to fix I guess.

Edited by ZellKFF, 15 July 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#293 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

There have been "invisible mobs" in Abandoned Labs for over a month now and nothing has been done for that issue either.

Its a real joke.

#294 JoshObra

JoshObra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Odin (SN: UrAwFuL)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

There have been "invisible mobs" in Abandoned Labs for over a month now and nothing has been done for that issue either.

Its a real joke.

I've been dealing with those mobs since the beginning of time.  :heh:

Just do a few AoE on yourselves and you should be good.

I think those mobs are like underground.. haven't confirmed that yet though.

Edited by JoshObra, 15 July 2013 - 09:19 AM.

#295 Crimmeh

Crimmeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

If it happens again, try AoEing? It works to kill invisible mobs in labs hard mode.

Yeah, I didn't actually try that with this one, the fact that I was able to cast at it but not effect it just boggled my mind to the point I wasn't thinking of how to attack, rather just thinking of how weird and funny it was. I mean, the fire bolts that I was casting just stayed beside me the whole time, never left my hands. Had a red firey blob by the time it died lol.

#296 Polemos

Polemos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

-Priest instant cast skills "Credo" while casting this skill, your character is locked into position and can't move at all.  What's the point of an instant cast DoT that forces you locked in place for 1.5secs?  Well, that's not really the issue.  If you pan your camera to say a monster beside or behind you, you will not be able to cast any skill on this next monster because you will be facing the wrong way.  Wasn't like this before the patch.

-Massive lag during WoE even when you aren't participating in the WoE map.  It's a server wide lag.  I am guessing this is because there are so many siege weapons on the map that it lags the whole server

#297 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

are they waiting until wednesday to fix this or what

#298 NiaAdha

NiaAdha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

The most annoying for me would be the "underground" bug.
If you dont have butterfly wing, you're prtty much -_-.

The last update pretty much screw the entire game.

#299 Verus

Verus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

- When being locked onto an enemy, if you try to run away from it (be it for the actual sake of running away, or going to use a non-target AoE on other enemies), every auto-attack tick, your char starts running back to the enemy you have targeted to try to attack it, even if it is behind you.

This has been the bane of my existance in every raid I've done since the WoE patch. As an off-tank it's my duty to pick up adds and I used to be able to do that with an AoE skill while still targeting the main boss. If I try to do that now, my character doggedly returns to the boss and valuable time (and raid member's HP) is lost in the confusion.

#300 Malyguard

Malyguard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

Must add this :

+ Monsters still move close to you even if they are froze or stun (only if they started moving before getting froze/stun). But as soon as they can move again, they start from the place where they were froze/stun.

Edited by Malyguard, 16 July 2013 - 03:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users