26 replies to this topic

#1 wizard898

wizard898

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

So, any harlequin/jester who's played the class knows the frustration that is Rolling Stinger. Just a minuscule amount of lag allows the opponent to dash or walk right out of the skill.
Is it possible to change the damage speed of the skill? Make it attack faster, but hit for the same amount of damage in total? I would imagine getting shocked by electricity to be fast and paralyzing. This would also give us a legit combo that doesn't fail to work 50% of the time.

#2 Hawly

Hawly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationSaint Mary - RS, Brazil

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:56 PM

So, any harlequin/jester who's played the class knows the frustration that is Rolling Stinger. Just a minuscule amount of lag allows the opponent to dash or walk right out of the skill.
Is it possible to change the damage speed of the skill? Make it attack faster, but hit for the same amount of damage in total? I would imagine getting shocked by electricity to be fast and paralyzing. This would also give us a legit combo that doesn't fail to work 50% of the time.

I support this suggestion. I'm a brazilian player and I lag a lot. But Rolling Stringer isn't much of a good skill to combo on high level pvp.

Edited by Hawly, 24 October 2010 - 02:57 PM.

#3 wizard898

wizard898

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:28 PM

I support this suggestion. I'm a brazilian player and I lag a lot. But Rolling Stringer isn't much of a good skill to combo on high level pvp.

I think it would be great in 1v1 if it actually worked right.

#4 Furious

Furious

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationRulid Village
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

It needs to AT LEAST proc twice as fast imo - ppl can just lag out of it. Let's not even talk about block.

If a nin or pally blocks once ur done.

#5 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:52 PM

I support this. Make it hit grounded targets again please <_<

#6 reapernl

reapernl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:00 AM

Pff i rather have a canceling button instead of faster attack to let it be a bit original. Cuz if u can cancel it would be more fair.. Harle has that "endless" combo thing.

#7 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

Pff i rather have a canceling button instead of faster attack to let it be a bit original. Cuz if u can cancel it would be more fair.. Harle has that "endless" combo thing.

Dont even start.

#8 Jeoze

Jeoze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:29 AM

I agree, it should do all of the damage in a shorter time frame. If you miss with the skill you are a sitting duck for way too long. I don't think it needs to hit grounded targets, you can just FD them into the standing position for that half second and use RS.

#9 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:56 AM

After playing both a assassout and jester, I can honestly say they ****ed up big time. Assassin = EVERY SKIlL THEY GET (sans 1) can hit grounded enemies while only ONE Jester skill hits grounded enemies. It's also the very same skill that knocks the enemies down to the ground, thus making it extremely useless in terms of hitting grounded enemies (unless grounded enemies would like to wait 5 or so seconds)?

Further more, a stunning capability would be very nice for Rolling Stinger. It shoots electricity for goodness sake, it should be hitting everything close by and it should be temporarily putting whatever it hits into a shocked state (or in terms of this game, a "stunned" state). It also keeps the user immobile for 3 seconds, whereas Violent Blow (a counterpart to Rolling Stinger in a way) only keeps the user immobile for almost a second. After all, Violent Blow for assassins hits grounded/standing enemies AND leaves them stunned for a second or so - so making Rolling Stinger like Violent Blow would be FAR from unfair. Either that or make Violent Blow as useless as Rolling Stinger to create some sort of (unfavorable) balance. Rolling Stinger also hits less enemies than Violent Blow, so even if it's slightly stronger (but slower in both usage and cooldown), it's nowhere near broken. You could make it hit midair enemies and it'd still be unbroken. Srs

The fact Rolling Stinger takes 3 seconds and holds the user in place is what makes it a very fair skill. If the enemy escapes, then it's night-night time for the jester/bandit! If a jester/bandit catches someone (which is quite hard since PvP is actually short for Tag), then the person usually survives (since they can only use two skills at that one time as apposed to 4 with low cool downs). The only class that would probably die from FD, US, and RS would be Mages or Hunters/Marksmen with terrible evasion and low HP. Which is even better, because Mages usually heal themselves back to full health if they're not killed and the archers don't stick around in one spot long enough to even land a hit.

Okay, so Jesters get a better "infinite combo", that's sooooo bad! Well, here's the kicker, so do Assassins! WHOOOOOOOOA MAH MIND GOT BLOWN SO HARD!!! Guess who else gets infinite comboes? Wizards! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA MY MIND IS BLOWN EVEN MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess who also gets them? Knights! Hunters! Gladiators! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA I GOTTA STOP BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND MAN AND IT'S ALL BEFORE THE 3RD JOB DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

^ The joke is, it's all true and makes the people who say "Jesters/bandits gawt da infinite supar comboe lul" seem very silly. It's almost as if they're jesting about Jesters! Or they just never played any of the other classes correctly.

The only class that never officially achieves infinite comboes via skills are: Mages (unless you count status chaining) and Marksmen.

However, a Mage can spam Diffusion Cannon'd basic attacks (with the occasional RoF) and a marksman can spam random shot/gatling gun/AAS spam - resulting in an "infinite combo". Which oddly enough, also wins their PvP matches for them as well as owning PvE. Go figure.

#10 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:07 AM

It's not an infinite combo if there's a failure rate without taking into regard blocks and misses. FD > RS > FD > RS is an infinite combo if timed properly, and with the buff to RS that you're suggesting, it certainly would be an infinite.

#11 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:14 AM

Infinite combo is not so infinite.

Spoiler

Seriously, is your idea of balancing has to do with making the skills basically same as their counter part classes?

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 17 November 2010 - 10:16 AM.

#12 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

Seriously, is your idea of balancing has to do with making the skills basically same as their counter part classes?

blah blah blah reasoning goes here about how class counterparts should not get lolable advantages over their other half especially if their other half used to have an advantage that was similar but not as broken

In PvE, it's fair for Rolling Stinger to hit ground enemies. In PvP, not so much. So what if they... Well, it may sound silly... What if they treated PvP and PvE like totally separate things like they should?! But I suppose it makes much more sense to nerf skills until they're useless just so PvP is balanced, right? Because PvP is very important. sarcasm tag

In other words: Terrible developers. Can't stand them, can't play without them.

Edited by Tundra, 17 November 2010 - 11:36 AM.

#13 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts
  • LocationAt your nearest Starbucks

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

Keep it the way it is for the exception of not being able to animation cancel. All classes should be able to animation cancel a handful of moves if anything (except ones that defy gravity, you can't storm blade/Upper Corkscrew/Sky Pent by going into air and then magically falling to stop it)

Off Topic

They need to change the second job icon of Bandits. They were originally supposed to be a more playfully named class with fast hitting moves (It fit with Jester and Trickster) it just seems wrong now.

#14 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

blah blah blah reasoning goes here about how class counterparts should not get lolable advantages over their other half especially if their other half used to have an advantage that was similar but not as broken

In PvE, it's fair for Rolling Stinger to hit ground enemies. In PvP, not so much. So what if they... Well, it may sound silly... What if they treated PvP and PvE like totally separate things like they should?! But I suppose it makes much more sense to nerf skills until they're useless just so PvP is balanced, right? Because PvP is very important. sarcasm tag

In other words: Terrible developers. Can't stand them, can't play without them.

What you need to do is start comparing Harlie class with every class instead of just Ninja class. And to be honest, Crazy soul makes up for a lot of the nerf I found out recently.

#15 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts
  • LocationAt your nearest Starbucks

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

What you need to do is start comparing Harlie class with every class instead of just Ninja class. And to be honest, Crazy soul makes up for a lot of the nerf I found out recently.

A passive imperviousness packs a wallop in PvP. It overlooked a lot for some reason, such a shame.

#16 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

Instead of fixing the thief class lets make priests impossible to kill and raise paladin's damage! That should balance things off.

#17 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:39 PM

A passive imperviousness packs a wallop in PvP. It overlooked a lot for some reason, such a shame.

Too bad its near useless in PvE.

#18 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:47 PM

Oh and guess what guys, crazy soul is 60+. Let's just ignore how bad harlequins are as 40-60 compared to other classes.

#19 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:59 PM

Oh and guess what guys, crazy soul is 60+. Let's just ignore how bad harlequins are as 40-60 compared to other classes.

When you compare skills the only class with crappier and more useless ones are Grens. Seriously Harles get what Windmill? Chain Hurr(durr)icain Kick? [Quile]SONEEC BOOM[/Quile]

#20 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:51 AM

Too bad its near useless in PvE.

I don't think preventing your character from being flinched while you're attacking is useless.

#21 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

I don't think preventing your character from being flinched while you're attacking is useless.

I almost never had that problem on my Harle.

#22 Confusion

Confusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Locationtoo dizzy to remember

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:40 PM

Instead of fixing the thief class lets make priests impossible to kill and raise paladin's damage! That should balance things off.

+1 rep if you were sarcastic

When you compare skills the only class with crappier and more useless ones are Grens. Seriously Harles get what Windmill? Chain Hurr(durr)icain Kick? [Quile]SONEEC BOOM[/Quile]

i see 100% no use for sonic boom

seperate note: my guildie seems to believe that rolling stinger is affected by the attack speed stat is this right?

is it just me or do harlys have the most accurate hit range in relation to the animation? like how hurricane kick is suppose to hit enemies in mid air too but they can only be reached when fairly close to the ground and mega drill drive and cossack have a narrow range. and gatling rush or that falling sword thing always seem to hit even when you move out from directly infront or out of the circle where the swords land.also the new and improved ambush almost seem to hit the entire screen

#23 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:26 PM

After playing both a assassout and jester, I can honestly say they ****ed up big time. Assassin = EVERY SKIlL THEY GET (sans 1) can hit grounded enemies while only ONE Jester skill hits grounded enemies. It's also the very same skill that knocks the enemies down to the ground, thus making it extremely useless in terms of hitting grounded enemies (unless grounded enemies would like to wait 5 or so seconds)?

One word: windmill

#24 Ti66er

Ti66er

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • LocationYour soul. 998 to go.

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

But no one is pondering the reason why a person is able to emit electricity from their bodies in the first place oh no.....

I stoped using the skill at all long ago. Stop being so technical geez.

#25 Trivle

Trivle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:21 AM

One word: windmill

He was talking about Jester skills not HQ skills. So only Screwdriver hits ground.

FD should hit the ground again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users