WoE First Impression Feedback and Recommendations. - War of Emperium - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

WoE First Impression Feedback and Recommendations.

35 replies to this topic

#1 ktbanh

ktbanh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

To start off, i'll quote what I wrote on another thread.

Just logged in, took a few quest and checked out WoE.

Died the first time I stepped foot inside, obviously camped by big guilds.

Tried again, both times lost 9k blood points.

Once again, camped by another big guild, Zerg like.

WoE is not a place for small guilds or anyone solo without stealth (if lucky to get away from AOE)

Compared to Colosseum WoE is way worse on the zerg-like-scale.

At least Colo, everyone's stat is balanced.

The amount of blood points lost in mere minutes out shines the amount you can earn in 2 rounds which would take long and time limited per day.

As this is kept, all the people who have farmed and gathered PVP gear would feel their time wasted since the implied idea is Join a BIG guild (in numbers) and ZERG as you can gain more than the time invested in Colosseum.

Anyways, just my 2 cent.

So far, its been impossible to even explore the WoE grounds.

The only idea I can come up with at the moment to prevent spawn kills are:

a. Random Spawn towards party leader's location or solo.

b. Spawn location for base1 and base2 is protected e.g. like how the actual PVP arena is handled, no combat until you enter the inner circle.

Both solutions are not really a fix to Zerg-like-game play, but it will at least allow players to join and /dance and prevent join- massacre.

The other issue is the amount of Blood Points lost per death. It totals up to around 9k blood points, which is considerably high. The amount of blood points gained and lost should not out weigh the ratio you can gain in Colosseum along with the actual time limited amounts per day. Else this will just lead to any guild with X amount of numbers just overwhelming anyone else.

Right now, I don't see room for skills or any actual strategy outside having BIG numbers, in terms of player number, size and damage. Coordination is obviously involved but even so, seems limiting as the sheer numbers and spam of skills make up for it. (this is not like a five versus five skirmish where players spawn apart from each other and having to hunt one another down.)

But as it stands, the recent patches have frown upon small guilds and solo players.

It has encourage super guilds (numbers) and Zerg like play.

To those that do not play Starcraft and have never heard of the term Zerg.

"Originally a playable race of characters in the online Video game “StarCraft”; this term is now commonly used by the online gaming community. 

To assure ones victory using overwhelming numbers. 

To greatly outnumber the enemy, and swarm them. 

To trivialize en encounter using mass numbers of allies rather then skill
Everyone target the boss, and zerg it. 

That guild zerged us. 

Those guys are a bunch of zerglings.
"

Edit: apparently many smileys

Edited by ktbanh, 10 July 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#2 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:NA

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

you want my feed back and suggestions about woe ! how about gm fix the bugs so I can log in and see it for my self :p_sick: 

#3 Arishis

Arishis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

I think  we dont need loss bp on the pvp map, just make the amount of bp win be low

ii dont like  to loss 12k of bp and win only 25

#4 Erodoeth

Erodoeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

The other issue is the amount of Blood Points lost per death. It totals up to around 9k blood points, which is considerably high. The amount of blood points gained and lost should not out weigh the ratio you can gain in Colosseum along with the actual time limited amounts per day. Else this will just lead to any guild with X amount of numbers just overwhelming anyone else.

Actually this prevents people from getting points from friends for "free".They will have to think twice as they will lose many points if they decide to abuse of this woe feature

#5 ktbanh

ktbanh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

Actually this prevents people from getting points from friends for "free".They will have to think twice as they will lose many points if they decide to abuse of this woe feature

That could be true, but as it stands, solo play has no role in WoE, let alone farming 1:1.

A better prevention would be to not let the same player get more than 1 kill from any x person in points.

But that will complicate things more in other aspects.

#6 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

since it's a testing why not disable BP-loss gain?

#7 Arishis

Arishis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

yeah, but a guy from my guild decide to quit the game cause it's unfair  you kill a guy and get 25 u die u lose 9k, maybe change the amount we loss when we are killed

Today on pvp map i kill  4 guys and got only 1000 bp die once lost 9k u.u

#8 Zechrem

Zechrem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

Should make a few entrances along the bottom field of map (maybe about 15) implementing a new "area" that you can enter prior to engaging the actual "woe" field. This way you can load the map, buff, make groups and survey map without the stupid aoes. This can also be used in conjunction with multiple entrances (think a large branching road) to allow sufficient entry into the map with your guild without too much intial competition. For Precasts, they can be utilized at the objective points themselves and not at the beginning of a broken map.

Also based on current BP loss/gain it is a bad structure as anyone that is geared has already spent bp on unidentified cards and give very low points compared to people that are working toward gear. Guess what this causes... You need to change the ranking system based upon equipment/LVL AND BPs, with higher priority on the equipment using the BP as a multiplier mod (easily done if you just use the repair calculation that is already in game). All the current situation does is create a no risk scenario for one group and a massive loss scenario for another. Also need to implement an anti-farm / exploit of the bp gain and loss in woe to prevent farming (because if what the devs said about you gaining more than your losing is true then you have a obvious BP trade/farm that is going to happen). There are a few MMOs that have this implemented to reduce pvp point loss on consecutive deaths.

#9 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

Don't make Pika say it... or you'll be sorry!

#10 KulaDiamond

KulaDiamond

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

WOE will only be a place for guilds with many members who are fully Colo geared whilst the rest of the community will only go in to lose blood points instead of gaining any if they keep the system the way it is now. This will discourage anyone who's not in a top end guild to either not participate in WOE or join a zerg guild with hopes to gain some BP.

I was honestly very excited for WOE to come out... This game had yet to have any very redeeming content to be released in the PvP/GvG department contrary to its former prequel RO1. The korean devs should have designed the WOE system around it's prequel game instead of trying to make something more cookie cutter. This patch should've been the redeeming factor to a somewhat less than mediocre game in terms of PvP/GvG content. As it is now, it's quite hard to stand out based on player skill when Colo is based around KSing people (requires little to no skill) and WOE is nothing but colo geared guilds zerging eachother... This game is quite poorly received in Korea for these reasons and the server is so abandoned that the few people on that server are requesting character transfers to the NA server and posting instructions on how to use steam...

They should also fix the cheese at the WOE entrance with guilds camping people who haven't even spawned yet. And with the class imbalance in terms of BP gain as the structure right now seems very terrible...

#11 LordAzuRa

LordAzuRa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Funniest Joke they did yet xD

I killed a guy, got 80 Blood Points (not kidding) died twice to lose a total of 18k BP.

With the current class balance, there's no -_- way I'll ever go back in this -_- since I'm a warrior. Each time I died, I survived 30 seconds because of all the ranged class overpower thing. Fix your -_- balance about RIGHT NOW. I'm so done. Man, am I done.

Edited by LordAzuRa, 10 July 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#12 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

My thoughts about Spawn Problem: Give entering players 15 second invulnerability buff that will fade avay prematurely if you use any skill or item.

My thougths about Blood Points: Change the way to aquire it - let`s make enemy player killing will only reduce killed`s Blood Points and the ways of aquire Blood Points is to farm and caravan farmed resources to your Spawn point as well as perform Daily quests in WoE Area aside from WoE times.

Edited by Lucentos, 10 July 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#13 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hahaha.... First impressions...

Classes need serious rework. No, I mean serious retuning, rework, and polishing.

#14 LordAzuRa

LordAzuRa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hahaha.... First impressions...

Classes need serious rework. No, I mean serious retuning, rework, and polishing.

We haven't heard anything about it form GM yets... This is THE thing that this game need the most. They could at least have a test server for class balance test where everyone starts level 50 with full coloseum gear and get some real tuning going in.

#15 ootoro

ootoro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

Lost 40k BP, earned 7 points, yeah, great woe ¬¬, test week, yeah, give me my BP back since is "test week". :p_err:

#16 Arishis

Arishis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

Some suggestions for WoE:

1. More maps PvP and WoE maps so smaller guilds will have more chances to participate in WoE and it will become more competitive and more fun

2.The amount of points earned each kill will be fixed and will be according to the rank of the character.
Example: kill a person  2 ranks above you earn 1000BP
               kill a person  1 rank above you earn 500bp
the same for the deaths greater is  the difference in ranks  point  more you lose
so we will not have cases like today, I killed 3 players won around 50 bp for each kill, died once  lost 1.4k

3.A area at the entrance of the fortress where the pvp is not allowed, many people died in the loading screen because the guilds camping at the entrance 

4. This is obviously, decrease the amount of the gate HP people  spent 10 minutes to reduce the HP of the gate halfway

5. Perhaps a gear exclusive to WoE.

That's are all my suggestions

#17 archedemon

archedemon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

Entrance areas onto the WoE grounds shouldn't be camped, especially if there's no other means to get into the WoE grounds and explore..  :no1:  Guilds and people are preventing others from exploring the new content, essentially making it so no one can even get anywheres unless another big guild or multiple guilds come in to wipe the area clean. Strong-arming people from game content like this should be punishable, even if WoE is a PvP area. People should at least have a fair chance of getting into it and be able to run around.

Much better to be picked off while you're able to "explore" rather than the moment your foot is through the door.

Having an invulnerability buff for a limited period of time would just cause the guilds camping to move back to a position where the buff wears off. You couldn't use Hide or Hide scrolls because that'll just  cause them to line the area and spam AoE moves and swarm down on people...

Have to wait till these guilds get tired of camping... I guess.

#18 Eespeon

Eespeon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationAldebarran Tables
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

hahaha. the turning point of the game. this patch might lose a big part of the community.

#19 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds awful :p_sad:  

I was so looking forward to this patch too. 

#20 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

We discourage people who are saving BP to not even step foot inside WOE area in my guild. Only a few of us who have nothing to loose in the BP aspect decided to go in. Either you wait until spawn campers are not there and make a break for it or you wont't even last 10 seconds after loading in.

The BP amount loss is so ridiculous that people are avoiding WOE entirely.

#21 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

They said that they would refund all BP lost during the week. It is testing phase afterall. 

OMG a serious post! :p_idea:

#22 Andoj

Andoj

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

They said that they would refund all BP lost during the week. It is testing phase afterall.

OMG a serious post! :p_idea:

Please post the Quote of the GM/CM. The engrish posting stated "after maintain and before the 7/10 7pm PDF emergency maint." Judging from the past, it is literal. You will see no refund for bp loss after the emergency maint. per that post.

#23 Skyton

Skyton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFrance (62)

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

WOE will only be a place for guilds with many members who are fully Colo geared whilst the rest of the community will only go in to lose blood points instead of gaining any if they keep the system the way it is now. This will discourage anyone who's not in a top end guild to either not participate in WOE or join a zerg guild with hopes to gain some BP.

I was honestly very excited for WOE to come out... This game had yet to have any very redeeming content to be released in the PvP/GvG department contrary to its former prequel RO1. The korean devs should have designed the WOE system around it's prequel game instead of trying to make something more cookie cutter. This patch should've been the redeeming factor to a somewhat less than mediocre game in terms of PvP/GvG content. As it is now, it's quite hard to stand out based on player skill when Colo is based around KSing people (requires little to no skill) and WOE is nothing but colo geared guilds zerging eachother... This game is quite poorly received in Korea for these reasons and the server is so abandoned that the few people on that server are requesting character transfers to the NA server and posting instructions on how to use steam...

They should also fix the cheese at the WOE entrance with guilds camping people who haven't even spawned yet. And with the class imbalance in terms of BP gain as the structure right now seems very terrible...

+1

Now i can leave the game without regret.

A game ruled by p2w and bugs.

#24 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

Please post the Quote of the GM/CM. The engrish posting stated "after maintain and before the 7/10 7pm PDF emergency maint." Judging from the past, it is literal. You will see no refund for bp loss after the emergency maint. per that post.

20. Blood Points Won/Lost if you Kill/Die in WoE are scaled too high.

UPDATE: We will refund Blood Points lose after regular maintenance and before the emergency maintenance at 7pm PDT. We can refund them during the next Wednesday maintenance. We will not remove earned blood points during that time, just refund lost blood points.

http://forums.warppo...sues/?p=1428689

#25 Crow

Crow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

WoE is supposed to be for guilds with many members and endgame gear...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users