where to find a upadted gladiator/ overlord guide - Warrior Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

where to find a upadted gladiator/ overlord guide

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 raxiel360

raxiel360

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

i need a good guide with info about new skills thx

#2 Hawly

Hawly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationSaint Mary - RS, Brazil

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

http://forum.iahgame...ead.php?t=58764
I think this is a good one. Didn't read it since I don't have time now, but I will tomorrow. Tell me what you think about it.

#3 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

His builds are terrible. Hawly, please die for suggesting it.

#4 raxiel360

raxiel360

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:31 PM

wow really? why

#5 MeloMew

MeloMew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationDemonweb Pits

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

wow really? why

There will not be a single good overlord guide many of the forth jobs skills are pretty useless in my opinion.
Reason Our level cap is Too low atm for the skills to even matter.

#6 Lockunlimted

Lockunlimted

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:39 PM

If you're PvP focused, the best (and only) move you can get from your 4th class is Death Stinger. Everything else is too slow, unusable, or too expensive to justify its effect.

#7 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:12 PM

Death Grab > Death Stinger = Wind Step. k.

Death Grab lets you lock mages while not doing pitiful damage to them with the ground lock. Wind Step increases your mobility, but it's only good if you stack up on MS from other items as well. Standalone... pass on it. At least 50%+ and it'll be very good.

Edited by Kazra, 24 October 2010 - 09:13 PM.

#8 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:06 PM

Attack Speed build is a silly gimmick no one should ever use...

#9 Trickster

Trickster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:16 AM

theres a good PVE/PVP build for overlord in Paladin vs Myrm Topic. scroll down on warrior class disscuss.

#10 Hawly

Hawly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationSaint Mary - RS, Brazil

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:41 AM

I SAID I DIDN'T READ. I HAD WORK TO DO, BUT I SAW THIS THREAD AND GOOGLED "DEVASTATOR GUIDE". I just wanted to help ):

#11 Kimimaro

Kimimaro

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:13 AM

LOL SO FOUL!

#12 codec689

codec689

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:35 AM

LOL SO FOUL!

the guy who made that guide said hammer spamming was viable tactic against mobs

#13 d2truong

d2truong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:27 PM

I have a level 70 Devastator on IAH and so here's what I think of the Devastator's skills.

Awakening
Prerequisite to 3 of your Devastator skills. The awakening bar can only be charged up by using any skill that uses MP. However, upon using Death Stinger or Demolition Charge, the awakening bar will continually drain itself until it is empty regardless before you can start charging it again. Applies to all other classes.

Wind Walk
Unless you have a lot of gear that boost your MS then this skill is not worth getting.

Death Grab
I found this skill to be the most useful of all the new skills. Most guides I've read say to cap this skill at lvl3 but I personally maxed it so that the 5sec cd allowed me to chain it with ICB or cutdown in between WB and GS. Death Grab is also very useful in PVP as it allows you to continue your combo after using WB or SB. The stun on Death Grab is 100% assuming you get the timing right though I've noticed that that is not the case in PVP but I believe that might have been a lag issue on my part.

Death Stringer
Great addition to the PVE arsenal but I found this skill drained my MP extremely fast (400mp/cast at lvl5, 15sec cd). This skill is currently not working properly on IAH because mobs that are knockbacked by Death Stringer will sometimes blink back to their original position if left untouched for a second or two. I rarely use Death Stringer in PVP but I heard it should be chained after RS so that it can land more hits. For the record, Death Stringer lands a maximum of 5 hits per target.

Demolition Charge
Completely useless in PVE. Don't get it. I'll admit that it does look cool though. Only a little. Some people manage to chain it in PVP but in my opinion, the damage is pretty crappy.

Demolition Bomber
Some bosses can hit really hard now with this new patch and so the only time I really ever used it was when one of them was almost dead and I didn't feel like wasting anymore pots doing hit-and-run. Otherwise a showoff skill so I do not recommend getting it. I currently ditched this skill because it does not work well with the other two awakening skills. Can't be used in PVP.

the guy who made that guide said hammer spamming was viable tactic against mobs

I believe he said it was a viable tactic for bosses, not mobs.

Edited by d2truong, 28 October 2010 - 04:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users