Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Hey,

Alot but alot of guilds are doing this kind of "pact" before and after WoE starts, i mean the whole day. Is it possible to show those ally's in a different way/color, so you can't attack them and you can support them when needed?

Even though, some are "word pacts" it could be stated on the Guild Manager NPC, that way, guildies stop attacking their allies + asking to their Leaders/Sub-leaders who's Ally and who's not.

Any Criticism or suggestion, is appreciated.

Vau!

Edited by Vau, 11 July 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#2 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

Seconding this. Seems like as of right now, the only way to have alliances with guilds is to either join each other in the same guild, or have a truce to never go near each other because of the fortifications. Really needs some way to set a flag for other guilds and/or players to label them as allies similar to how you can't attack other guild members who aren't a part of your party/raid team.

#3 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

Hahaha this is so true. I was listening to them on WoE last night (cuz obviously i was too weak to run in with all the campers) and they were cussing at each other for attacking allies LMAO. Alliances really needs to be fixed. 

#4 Pooksie

Pooksie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

So certain guilds can easier single out a guild and gang on them? :o

#5 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

So certain guilds can easier single out a guild and gang on them? :o

That's pretty much how alliances work. You join together to topple a common enemy or prevent others from passing. I'm quite fine with that since it's natural.

#6 Confuddle01

Confuddle01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGangnam, Seoul
  • Server:IcE Nerdmaster

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

I'm against this.  I think WoE is innately balanced right now, except for two big issues.

1) Should have an invul 10s buff when zoning in.

2) the 1rupee cost on everything because this is test stage.

Implementing actual alliances in game would be imbalanced for a variety of reasons, one of which is that with the way the server is right now, one strong alliance will control everything.  Making it even easier for these unspoken alliances to work together would NOT do the game any good.

#7 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

Hey,

Alot but alot of guilds are doing this kind of "pact" before and after WoE starts, i mean the whole day. Is it possible to show those ally's in a different way/color, so you can't attack them and you can support them when needed?

Even though, some are "word pacts" it could be stated on the Guild Manager NPC, that way, guildies stop attacking their allies + asking to their Leaders/Sub-leaders who's Ally and who's not.

Any Criticism or suggestion, is appreciated.

Vau!

I agree to this. in MU online which i play, during Castle Siege(WoE in ro1 and ro2) guilds have an alliances which you cant friendly fire and kill them. I wish this would be implemented because we cant avoid killing and hitting one allies especially when we build siege weapons which has imbalanced damage.

#8 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

I'm against this.  I think WoE is innately balanced right now, except for two big issues.

Implementing actual alliances in game would be imbalanced for a variety of reasons, one of which is that with the way the server is right now, one strong alliance will control everything.  Making it even easier for these unspoken alliances to work together would NOT do the game any good.

Why? i think its fair enough. for example, your buddy has full buffs with power pack and you accidentally killed him and lose his/her buff. what do you think your friend will feel?

#9 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

Alliances were already discussed and shouldnt be so hard to implement. Most mmos have an alliance group option.

Edited by XionArcadia, 12 July 2013 - 04:41 AM.

#10 3473130513052652487

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

People need to learn cooperate and coordinate with each other, then no official alliances are really needed. But I think most people are just too lazy to organize properly.

One thing people should learn: Quality over quantity

#11 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

Think it wisely:

When WoE starts, there's over 600 players  entering the map, cuz the crowd, you just can't look before you already started attacking someone or viceversa, plus all the guilds want to reach the gates, strategy cannons, places to open fire, in a few words, the first who reach got more chances to success.

On those 600+ players there's alot of guilds fighting and trying to reach the peak, the ones who will benefit more with alliances are the small guilds, that are going to pact with some other guilds to take down the hardest and with more guild lvl, therefore, more members acceptance.

And there's no big guild controlling WoE, is disorganization from the whole guilds to make alliances. Just that.

Edit: Of course is not their fault, is from the developers.

Vau!

Edited by Vau, 12 July 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#12 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Locationbottom of a bottle
  • Server:Loki

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

the only reason you dont like this idea is cus you and Coll are BEST FRIENDS

Edited by VolunteerMod11, 24 July 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#13 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

give us alliances like we had on Ro1

#14 3844130511081749227

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

I don't think your getting the point that, if they implement alliances in WoE, it will be easier for IcE and Collision to work together, not harder. Think about it. Even if you have an unspoken pact with another guild right now, your weapons are still gonna kill them. If you cant friendly fire then you'll be on top of them when a cannon hits and die and they'll be fine. Don't you think that both guilds get killed by each other without even knowing it most of the time. You would make this so called "broken" alliance even more powerful. I have noticed that even if allied with another guild, without strategy...it means jack. That's how, throughout history, smaller numbered forces have beaten overwhelming odds. Cuz in warfare numbers is great but strategy is king. There are certain things other guilds that have more numbers than IcE could do to stop, at the very least, castle trading but the don't try. They just go to the forums and b**** about it.

#15 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

I don't think your getting the point that, if they implement alliances in WoE, it will be easier for IcE and Collision to work together, not harder. Think about it. Even if you have an unspoken pact with another guild right now, your weapons are still gonna kill them. If you cant friendly fire then you'll be on top of them when a cannon hits and die and they'll be fine. Don't you think that both guilds get killed by each other without even knowing it most of the time. You would make this so called "broken" alliance even more powerful. I have noticed that even if allied with another guild, without strategy...it means jack. That's how, throughout history, smaller numbered forces have beaten overwhelming odds. Cuz in warfare numbers is great but strategy is king. There are certain things other guilds that have more numbers than IcE could do to stop, at the very least, castle trading but the don't try. They just go to the forums and b**** about it.

If you check what's happening, the main problem are the arfifacts right now, guilds doesn't even loose time to test WoE cuz Cannons are instant-killing each player before they could do something, that's another topic, but Njoror said that will change in some maintenance more.

My point of view from alliances is to unify more the "pact" than just words, cuz you may have a kid on your guild, as example, and that kid is attacking one ally, then that guild start blaming you from your member attacks and the only one loosing there are you both.

About Ice and Collision, is easy for them cuz none is fighting them right now, it doesn't mean we won't start the "war" after Gravity fix the main problems. Let them win in "test" is better for us in the end.

Vau!

Edited by Vau, 13 July 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#16 starfire1234

starfire1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

So your point is that two organized strong guilds (esp defending guilds) will be more benefited by alliances than random more unorganized guilds??

Wouldn't you think that two organized guilds already do a better job not attacking each other by accident than other random guilds. Although Ice and collision will be benefited, I would think other guilds would have relatively higher gain (their catapults wouldn't be killing each other, etc). Also this would stop allied guilds from breaking each others emp.

Am I crazy?  Why would you argue not to fix an alliance system. 

#17 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

It comes down to the fact they predict server alliance vs castle owner. Tbh, that makes more sense than what is implemented now.

Edited by XionArcadia, 13 July 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#18 3844130511081749227

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

About you dieing b4 doing anything. Once again, check the siege wep usages. You have no idea the things that you can do, including keeping your weapons and guildmates alive in catapult/cannon fire. Also, group stealth attacks. Secondly there are buffs in WoE that specifically balance siege warfare. I understand you don't have all the information so screaming "OP" is a natural response. Just like when people play RO2, every hero can -_- on another cuz their skill sets are strong. But there are counters that can be bought to stop or slow down opposing forces.

#19 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

About you dieing b4 doing anything. Once again, check the siege wep usages. You have no idea the things that you can do, including keeping your weapons and guildmates alive in catapult/cannon fire. Also, group stealth attacks. Secondly there are buffs in WoE that specifically balance siege warfare. I understand you don't have all the information so screaming "OP" is a natural response. Just like when people play RO2, every hero can -_- on another cuz their skill sets are strong. But there are counters that can be bought to stop or slow down opposing forces.

They complain about dying before the load screen finishes. That has been "resolved" in next patch.

#20 Kaltrun

Kaltrun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Its easier for them to complain instead of reading in-game descriptions on what counters what. That or they are too lazy and just want to swarm like the geniuses they are and funnel themselves right to our cannon fire.

#21 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Again, about the entrances people die before spawning. As for the bases, a large portion of people are annoyed and lost their desire to participate in WoE since two guilds abused a clearly over powered mechanic. Sure, they didnt "teleport" through gates, so instead you see miles of gates. Again, supposedly it will be changed next patch. I still think the way the map is designed, it doesn't support a FFA style assault. Attackers should start with small "Guild supply" while defenders should have a larger "Guild supply." Both can be increased through guild leveling. You should be able to choose to create an alliance (Something Coll and IcE said no to) and if that is the option diplomacy should allow multiple guilds to ally vs a single stronghold. I don't see why we can't TEST this if we so choose so during TEST SEASON. Maybe because enough guilds are already annoyed at the other two it will be too much. But who knows. More Guild leaders should speak up and demand change from their experiences.

#22 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

As for the bases, a large portion of people are annoyed and lost their desire to participate in WoE since two guilds abused a clearly over powered mechanic.

What did we abuse exactly? As far as I'm concerned, all we've done so far is hold 2 chokes that lead up to the first gate. It doesn't really sound like abuse to me.

If you're talking about siege spam, it's a numbers game. The more members you have, the quicker your guild will deploy everything. We have had 50+ members on for the past 3 WoEs and we are able to deploy everything in under 5 minutes at our choke. Same goes for IcE. Any guild can do what we do, it just requires strategy and coordination.

If you're still confused, I'll stream WoE tonight @ twitch.tv/foldasaurus, so everyone can get a clearer understanding of the machinery and how we're such evil villains who spawn camp.

#23 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

lets see the GMs said/gave the power to test WoE to Collis/ice hmmmm this was a bad idea #1 they will have their strats down b4 any other guild 2# with these 2 at the gates camping all day long makes it useless to go into the WoE map IE death b4 loading in

thanks GM's for making ice/Collis The like Valkyrie from Ro1 IE THE GODS OF THE SERVER

#24 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

lets see the GMs said/gave the power to test WoE to Collis/ice hmmmm this was a bad idea #1 they will have their strats down b4 any other guild 2# with these 2 at the gates camping all day long makes it useless to go into the WoE map IE death b4 loading in

thanks GM's for making ice/Collis The like Valkyrie from Ro1 IE THE GODS OF THE SERVER

We had a strategy by the second WoE. They didn't "give us power". When we were taking the Emperium when it wasn't owned, there were at least 3 guilds attacking it at the same time we were. We just happened to do the most damage to it because we know how to stack rangers.

We don't camp the gates during WoE. I believe you're referring to the random small guilds who stealth around and build siege just to camp the entrance. We actually take those out so you guys can enter the map and have a chance at enjoying WoE. We don't care outside of WoE hours, as long as people aren't being camped during the main event.

#25 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

you say this yet you do camp it even out side of WoE hours

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic