#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

Hi, all.

We wanted to address a current bug in the game that allows players to get through the gates before they are down.

If a WoE Save Location Kafra Ticket is used to create a Mercenary Kafra respawn point next to a gate, when the player dies and gets respawned at that location they have a chance to be sent on the other side of the door.

We have reported to the devs about this issue, and they are working on a fix to come very soon.

We are not looking to punish players who accidentally find the issue, but we do not want players exploiting the bug in order to win WoE by bypassing parts of the map.

The guilds that utilize this bug for a win will not get credit for that win in any of our WoE events that we are running.

#2 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

Just to clarify, u did give them permission to go ahead and use this bug? 

Also, would there be gms to make sure that they do not get counted or is it just a matter of players reporting. 

#3 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

Just to clarify, u did give them permission to go ahead and use this bug? 

Also, would there be gms to make sure that they do not get counted or is it just a matter of players reporting. 

I was asked if we would ban players who used the bug, and we decided we would not.

We can track a lot, but player reports are always welcome.

#4 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

Uh no, the flame all started on the screenshot which a couple of us got which did state:

" i asked njoror before doing it" 

which is probably why everyone is like WTF? 

So i'm guessing u didnt even know before hand and they were just trying to back themselves up? 

I'm glad to know that everyone has misunderstood u then. 

Thanks for the clarification.

Just a suggestion tho, if u plan on telling one guild that there's no ban implemented when using a bug during testing session, it might be better to shout it in game to prevent any misunderstanding and further drama. 

Edited by StrawberriKiwi, 11 July 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#5 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

we need more drama

#6 Aralia3421

Aralia3421

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

Uh no, the flame all started on the screenshot which a couple of us got which did state:

" i asked njoror before doing it" 

which is probably why everyone is like WTF? 

So i'm guessing u didnt even know before hand and they were just trying to back themselves up? 

I'm glad to know that everyone has misunderstood u then. 

Thanks for the clarification.

Just a suggestion tho, if u plan on telling one guild that there's no ban implemented when using a bug during testing session, it might be better to shout it in game to prevent any misunderstanding and further drama. 

Agreed.  It looks like favoritism when things like this happen.

#7 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

The Gate's collision properties were way too rushed. It's declared as a NPC on a basic level, rather than a object.

The collision properties with the gate needs to be looked at mainly. :P

(basically, if a person bugs/exploits past it without killing it, then the collision property is off, as there is suppost to be a invisible wall that you collide into, but cannot get past until you "destroy/kill" the gate in order to get to the next bit)

Edited by AmiiMii, 11 July 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#8 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

imo njoror, its nice that you have social things with players, but the way  its turning with certain players only shows favoritism and more missunderstandings. on pve wasnt such big deal, but pvp since its  a competition, looks bad for the player and the gm, "gm supporting a certain player/group actions" even if its not the case everything turns too dramatic in these games, did happen a lot on ro1 before

#9 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

Njoror, no offense, can you start smarting... and see with your eyes that those *** cannons/catapults are too OP?, DIDN'T YOU GET THAT? People cannot fight a war with other guilds if the "RUSH GUILD" take down those cannons and start like spamming/exploiting those artefacts. If you want a real WAR, PVP, NO PLAYER VS CANNONS remove those things OFF WOE.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE,

Edit : AND YES, I DIED 30 TIMES BY CANNONS AND 1 BY COLLISION'S KIDS.

Vau!

Edited by Vau, 11 July 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#10 Greeds

Greeds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Gotta agree with Vau.

Even before the character models load, I get 1 or 2 shotted by the catapults right at the spawn point. Died once, lost 1306 BP.

Yeah, I'm not going back until BP loss is set lower or to 0%.

#11 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

Ok, first of all everyone, please understand that this is test W.o.E. Because of this, W.o.E, itself is an entire work in progress. That's why we encourage the finding of bugs. If you or your guild found a bug that can be abused, you are MORE than welcome to come up to me or Njoror to report it (and in this case with the door bug, it was reported in a timely manner). 

Otherwise, any comments, feedback, or ideas regarding W.o.E, please feel free to make threads or comment in the W.o.E test forums. Remember, constructive criticism threads with good feedback and a nice tone will be given more attention than threads that just go "ARRRRGH, FIX THIS NOW". 

#12 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

Ok, first of all everyone, please understand that this is test W.o.E. Because of this, W.o.E, itself is an entire work in progress. That's why we encourage the finding of bugs. If you or your guild found a bug that can be abused, you are MORE than welcome to come up to me or Njoror to report it (and in this case with the door bug, it was reported in a timely manner). 

Otherwise, any comments, feedback, or ideas regarding W.o.E, please feel free to make threads or comment in the W.o.E test forums. Remember, constructive criticism threads with good feedback and a nice tone will be given more attention than threads that just go "ARRRRGH, FIX THIS NOW".

Okay, sorry about the manner, could you move my post to the WoE test season, please?

Thx you Zanbee,

Vau!

Edited by Vau, 11 July 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#13 SaraLeah

SaraLeah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Location3rd Rock from Sol

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

it has [I has a potty mouth] the game..

yes I know new content will add more bugs.

this however has the feel of CLOSED BETA TESTING since it has affected 70% + of the game with bugs. just a few = dungeons with no floors, skills that no longer work across all class' , endless falling/falling to death after entering or leaving any instance..etc the many posts and ingame complaints are evidence enough or should be that this "update" is not working as intended"

if you want to "test" this type of content it should be on a test server to get bugs worked out before placing in game that has a cash shop open.

but I guess I read wrong and that this a is closed beta game.

either close the cash shop or remove this swarm of bugs till you can get it fixed please.

tyvm

hmm seems that gate exploit is not the only bug.. nor the bp loss/gain imbalance.. the WHOLE game has been affected.. does this not tell you it needs removed and tested on a test server???

Edited by SaraLeah, 11 July 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#14 Devilink

Devilink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Dear All CM's

WTF with Skill Assasin Shadow Assault ?

* Assassin's Shadow Assault's animation.... looks like it tried to get the freeze fixed but instead it does a weird up and down animation before freezing as usual resulting in this skill being even more broken. I also get "out of range" error when trying to use this skill and what happens is I see the up an down animation and then it just stops and it never hits the target.

(.___.)

Wanna the animation old back.. >.<

i think this is bug..  :hmm:

Sorry if i out of topic..

ico_zpsda1fdac6.jpg

#15 Bachelors

Bachelors

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

Dear All CM's

WTF with Skill Assasin Shadow Assault ?

* Assassin's Shadow Assault's animation.... looks like it tried to get the freeze fixed but instead it does a weird up and down animation before freezing as usual resulting in this skill being even more broken. I also get "out of range" error when trying to use this skill and what happens is I see the up an down animation and then it just stops and it never hits the target.

(.___.)

Wanna the animation old back.. >.<

i think this is bug..  :hmm:

Sorry if i out of topic..

ico_zpsda1fdac6.jpg

love your signature , nice photoshop dude :p_smile:

#16 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

The main point is we understand this is a "test", but since some guilds were given the heads up from Njoror apparently before anyone else knew about it, it did seem there was favoritism. Yes i understand it's hard to be a gm but i'm pretty sure half the posts up there were cuz EG apparently brought Njoror up to back them up. If bugs were* doable during the test season but the guilds who abuse bugs would not get their count for the event, it should be stated ahead of time instead of after all this exploded, no? I'm really hoping the gm team isn't really showing favoritism towards certain guilds cuz it would just end up dead like SEA server. 

Edited by StrawberriKiwi, 11 July 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#17 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

Njoror, no offense, can you start smarting... and see with your eyes that those *** cannons/catapults are too OP?, DIDN'T YOU GET THAT? People cannot fight a war with other guilds if the "RUSH GUILD" take down those cannons and start like spamming/exploiting those artefacts. If you want a real WAR, PVP, NO PLAYER VS CANNONS remove those things OFF WOE.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE,

Edit : AND YES, I DIED 30 TIMES BY CANNONS AND 1 BY COLLISION'S KIDS.

Vau!

PSh, Some people couldn't even get in because the canons target the spawn before you load. Hey, I have an idea, Lets farm BP by placing canons along the walls where the gates are and sit back farming all day. Sounds good no?

#18 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

Since it is a test, is it fair to remove BP, especially to those who specced full support? The fact they get hit hard on bp and dont gain much makes them discouraged in the event all together. Maybe, for now remove how BP effects players until all this is balanced? It will save a lot of work on your end and a lot of frustration on the players. Personally I like WoE from ro1. 5-6 castles on one map, not who can bum rush a single castle. Offer strategic rewards for what each castle offers as a prize. From there the guilds can devise what would be more suitable, less spawn camps, more smaller skirmishes that dont cause issues of camping, and less rage on the forums. That is how I hoped the map would be layed out.

#19 Kurz16

Kurz16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMD

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

^ this..

I really really want to join WoE (was really excited since I enjoyed it alot in RO1) but the current bugs/system discouraged my guildmates to join. :sob:

Since this is a test, could you guys at least take out that removing of BP when you die/killed? I'm sure not only my guildmates but a lot of people thinks its too risky to join and lose BP especially when its not that easy to gain them.

Kurz

#20 Crow

Crow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

Regarding the gate bug - I would like to clarify if the explanation you sent is correct.

The bug I have experienced is not that you put Kafra next to gate and you just spawn on the other side (with gate up all the time). The bug is, that when you respawn at Kafra there is a couple of seconds (probably lag depended, so it will be hard for devs to reproduce - I play from Europe) during which sprites and objects (gate included) are still loading. During that time you are able to run through the gate (which you don't see). 

Edited by Crow, 12 July 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#21 FeiryTaiil

FeiryTaiil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

nerf

#22 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

I'm not even entirely sure how to respond to this, considering I can't login at all anymore since this patch.

#23 Koltiraa

Koltiraa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

theres no need to respond. only two guilds are in woe and they spend a hour walking around and they die more to their own catapults/cannons because its a ghost town. 

#24 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:NA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

the cannons is annoying it is not funny when there is no safe zone and players exploit it and they are getting rewarded by it . Do u really think they are the only ones who spend money the in here, Most players who spend money in this game are the one who got one shot by cannons. I got killed by cannons so many times in the entrance and lost a lot of blood points. next thing happens okay I pass the entrance and tons of machines than the players it self. I just don't get the idea of woe, it needs balanced over the players who really participate on it. I thought the meaning of woe is guild vs guild or pvp not machine vs. guild or player vs machine.

#25 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

I have no clue when this was last editted but I'm certain they'll keep the seige items (probably nerf them or reduce the amount used):

http://ragnarok.wiki..._Emperium_(RO2)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users