Base 1 and Base 1 Spawn points need to be PZ (Protection Zone). - Page 2 - War of Emperium - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Base 1 and Base 1 Spawn points need to be PZ (Protection Zone).

32 replies to this topic

#26 n1cky

n1cky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:56 AM

Abused you say? So could your buffs to a much more extreme extent. Think of a hacker bypassing hackshield. Think of the godlike mode anyone could toggle on with a few variable changes in cheat engine? No. I do not support buffs. I support good old safe zone entrances. Where guilds and players will qq and taunt each other until they have a big enough force to rush out and zerg kill the rest of the spawn campers. 

Its called good old player v. player. Get used to it and accept it. It is the only viable option for this situation.

So whats stopping people from setting up a siege line right outside the safe zone? You dont fix the problem you just moved the problem a couple feet over.

#27 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:06 AM

Simple fix, remove seige weapons and leave maybe the ram for the gate/emp clears.

#28 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

There isn't a way to split the map into sections (to PVP or non-PVP). However, the idea right now is an invulnerability buff.

What?? Why?? Because of the stupid game design again?? Because the WoE map is kind of like another stupid dungeon?

Why? A lot of games from 7 years ago can do it no sweat. Well it must be because of the stupid game design. Thanks.

Hello paranoia.

Please, anyone doing that would be easily caught and reported and like I said: the buff would make you unable to move, unable to act.

Its funny but I've yet to come across any of these "hackers" - speechack, buff hack, etc - I've heard stories, oh I've heard them. But never ever came across one.
Weird huh?

Ever played ro2sea during the time everyone can easily bypass the hackshield? Using speedhack can stop the timer of your buff...it will still disappear though you just don't see the timer....BUT if you tweak again with cheat engine, unli buff baby. Well, even just a simple bot......even if it's unintended......you could summon a guardian in Colo every after you die using that botprogram....oh did I mention that that was an unintended "feature" of the bot? There's still alot, but I hope you got the point. Buffs can be freezed exploited easily. Believe it. 

Edited by iyoter, 14 July 2013 - 08:55 AM.

#29 iJojo

iJojo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Server:ROII - Odin

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

So whats stopping people from setting up a siege line right outside the safe zone? You dont fix the problem you just moved the problem a couple feet over.

Siege weapons for one shouldnt be allowed right outside the entrance. Thats stupid on whoever made the map in the first place.

#30 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

This is one idea we are working on.

Another is a temporary invincibility buff that can be applied to players entering, but we are fine tuning this idea so that it is properly balanced and not exploitable.

#31 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Siege weapons are a completely separate set of problems. First thing that needs fixing is the immediate spawn camping. Then you can worry about fixing the siege weapons.

Impose a limit on how many can be built on the map at a time or within a certain area, the way GW2 WvW is set up. You can't mass arrow carts and rain an unlimited number of arrows down on the enemy because you aren't allowed to build that many in the same area in the first place. Similarly, WoE should prevent you from building more than, say, 5 siege weapons (of any kind) within some radius circle of each other.

Edited by Lyrinn, 14 July 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#32 iJojo

iJojo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Server:ROII - Odin

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Siege weapons are a completely separate set of problems. First thing that needs fixing is the immediate spawn camping. Then you can worry about fixing the siege weapons.

Impose a limit on how many can be built on the map at a time or within a certain area, the way GW2 WvW is set up. You can't mass arrow carts on rain an unlimited number of arrows down on the enemy because you aren't allowed to build that many in the same area in the first place. Similarly, WoE should prevent you from building more than, say, 5 siege weapons (of any kind) within some radius circle of each other.

Finally someone who played Gw2!!!!! LOL

#33 snakeraver

snakeraver

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

There isn't a way to split the map into sections (to PVP or non-PVP). However, the idea right now is an invulnerability buff.

Please respond to us who have brought up the general PvP arena in Prontera.  It is most definitely possible to split a map as we've seen in the current game.  That is, unless you guys chose to use a different setup for this map in the first place.  Otherwise it seems like you guys are failing to properly use the resources already there.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users