Feedback for WoE siege weapons/barricades Spam.= War Of the Siege weapons - War of Emperium - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Feedback for WoE siege weapons/barricades Spam.= War Of the Siege weapons

42 replies to this topic

#1 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

This is why you guys need some fix for the siege weapons/barricades and all those items.
(the pictures are not mine so thats why i delete the name and all that.)

Make Guild vs Guild, not Players vs Siege Weapons those 20k are a joke hahaha
PvP, you guys should consider take out all that crap.
This is War of the Siege weapons, not War of Emperium.

we should be fine without those items ^^

3jdu.jpg

8vom.jpg

jtmr.jpgltch.jpgtenc.jpg

Edited by VuoriDevine, 11 July 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#2 POWsTER

POWsTER

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Siege Weapons first server.

#3 iJojo

iJojo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:ROII - Odin

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:10 AM

What the -_-?! That should have never be able to happen. There needs to be a certain space in between these weapons and there should only be so many in one area. Holy -_- hell. Fix that lol!!!!!

#4 Duke1987

Duke1987

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:44 AM

LOL THIS COLLISION, WTF

#5 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

Ultimately, this will depend on the changes on the cost of the siege weapons (blood points or high amounts of zeny). Although preferably, it would be better if Siege weapons were only capable of damaging by a percentage of a character's current hp value. Additionally, long range weapons should only be that, capable of attacking long range, short range should be left to bows and cannons. Allow siege items to be dismantled for a portion of its value.

#6 Bachelors

Bachelors

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

oh -_- , dat k24 immortal defense revealed

i can tell whos screenshoot is this .

oh come on , im a sherlock

collision and ice being stalked :p_omg: :p_omg: :p_omg:

Edited by Bachelors, 12 July 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#7 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:46 AM

Instant solution, those who place the walls instant die, lose all bp, zeny and removed from that WoE when the structure dies. Lets see who is brave enough to place another canon or baricade. -troll face-

Edited by XionArcadia, 12 July 2013 - 04:48 AM.

#8 CyanST

CyanST

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:27 AM

Every siege weapon/object/npc should explode/disapear once WoE ends.

#9 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

LOL! I guess in a sense it's "balanced" cuz if people can't get up then usually players can't get down. Its not like the guild who placed it can walk thru it without getting rid of them.  

#10 Kaltrun

Kaltrun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

They gave you tools to fight against constant bombardment from siege weapons. If you don't know how to use it, that is your problem.

Edited by Kaltrun, 12 July 2013 - 06:07 AM.

#11 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

Again, Not War of Emperium, War of Machines.

#12 Kaltrun

Kaltrun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

OK. Then let's assume they took out the siege weapons. Where is the strategy for WoE when all you need to win is numbers? What's the point of the castle then, since you are asking them to make it like a cluster **** battle.

Next. How do you propose an army take down a castle? Do you watch movies? Or read books? How do those armies of men take down castles? Since we cant swarm up over each other like they did in World War Z, we can only use siege weapons to break down fortifications and such. Granted the damage needs to be nerfed, but those tools are needed in the game. Just use them as designed. For example, use the protection stone and slowly creep up towards the siege engines, or use the ghost item to cloak all you geniuses and over ran the chokes. Instead, all you do is swarm up like ants giving us easy targets where we can pick you off a bunch at a time.

So stop complaining and figure out ways to use the tools provided instead of whining how you cant do it.

Edited by Kaltrun, 12 July 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#13 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

Aww what is this?! They should have bought more siege weapons. This is clearly not enough. I know no one is playing WoE right now but c'mon guys stop playin'.

#14 starfire1234

starfire1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

Kaltrun I think you are beating a dead horse. Most people are saying don't allow them at the entrance, decrease the damage, etc (which it seems like you agree with).  They should be supplementary, not the key parts of battle. I think you are seeing knee jerk reactions to remove them because they are so -_-ty right now. Obviously if they were better balanced (I doubt gravity/warp portal/whatever) will do a good job balancing), then people would still complain but you would atleast see them try. 

Most people are not taking part in the activities and learning how these mechanics work because we will just die to OP siege items. Maybe after they make some fixes you will see people trying things out. 

The siege items should really be supplemental parts of the battle. Like you need something that greatly helps you break a door down. Defending guild has some item that helps them do large AOE on attackers at choke points. From my limited experience I just saw 7k damage catapults falling all over the place. 

#15 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

all you do is swarm up like ants giving us easy targets where we can pick you off a bunch at a time.

So stop complaining and figure out ways to use the tools provided instead of whining how you cant do it.

LOL?

#16 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

jtmr.jpg

Well, in our defense,

we were just trying to draw a Christmas Tree... 

#17 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

tenc.jpg

Them cades.

http://ro.doddlercon...2/Barricade.png

Edited by 6224130502210709307, 12 July 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#18 Kaltrun

Kaltrun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

Kaltrun I think you are beating a dead horse. Most people are saying don't allow them at the entrance, decrease the damage, etc (which it seems like you agree with).  They should be supplementary, not the key parts of battle. I think you are seeing knee jerk reactions to remove them because they are so -_-ty right now. Obviously if they were better balanced (I doubt gravity/warp portal/whatever) will do a good job balancing), then people would still complain but you would atleast see them try. 

Most people are not taking part in the activities and learning how these mechanics work because we will just die to OP siege items. Maybe after they make some fixes you will see people trying things out. 

The siege items should really be supplemental parts of the battle. Like you need something that greatly helps you break a door down. Defending guild has some item that helps them do large AOE on attackers at choke points. From my limited experience I just saw 7k damage catapults falling all over the place. 

I do agree with the engines being overpowered. 7k for cannons and 20k for catapults. I agree about the balance issues. The one thing I don't agree is the removal of them completely. You cannot take over a castle without siege weapons. That's not how its suppose to be. Limits should be set to how many can be built per person, It will require planning for efficient use and placement. Also limit the amount kafra placement and who can use them.

#19 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

How many siege cannons and catapults were in RO1 WoE?

[sarcasm]

Man,,,, WoE on RO1 must of been horrible without them...

[/sarcasm]

#20 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

Well, in our defense,

we were just trying to draw a Christmas Tree... 

I think we need a few more ornaments ;< That doesn't look too pretty. 

#21 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

You jest... that requires class balancing and synergy. Who would ever think that was the secret.

#22 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

It's a different game. Stop comparing it to RO1.

It's designed around siege weaponry, but not at this scale. This is actually ridiculous. All they need to do is create a limit of each siege that can be deployed from a guild.

#23 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

That's what guild skills should help. Create a guild supply limit for structures. Just saying it is better than what we have now. The majoirty of people who play ro2 came for a revamped experience in WoE. Something SIMILAR to their experiences in ro 1. Basically what you are saying is, "If you came for woe, sorry to say its not the same. Just move on and find another game because its single biggest feature is completely unbalanced and we like it that way." Yea, like this game isn't having a hard enough time growing...

Edited by XionArcadia, 13 July 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#24 3844130511081749227

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

It can be done, just takes time to balance. (WoW Wintergrasp is a good example) But reverting back to numbers > strategy of RO1 WoE is a step in the wrong direction imo.

#25 Kaltrun

Kaltrun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

It can be done, just takes time to balance. (WoW Wintergrasp is a good example) But reverting back to numbers > strategy of RO1 WoE is a step in the wrong direction imo.

I agree. There is no strategy needed to win. Just swarm them with numbers and win. No skill requirement.

For those who keeps complaining about WoE RO2 style, go back to RO1 WoE cluster****  with precast and pot spamming.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users