Feedback for WoE siege weapons/barricades Spam.= War Of the Siege weapons - Page 2 - War of Emperium - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Feedback for WoE siege weapons/barricades Spam.= War Of the Siege weapons

42 replies to this topic

#26 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

That's what guild skills should help. Create a guild supply limit for structures. Just saying it is better than what we have now. The majoirty of people who play ro2 came for a revamped experience in WoE. Something SIMILAR to their experiences in ro 1. Basically what you are saying is, "If you came for woe, sorry to say its not the same. Just move on and find another game because its single biggest feature is completely unbalanced and we like it that way." Yea, like this game isn't having a hard enough time growing...

Well it is revamped in a way. They scrapped the whole player vs player model of WoE 1 and took more of a WvWvW approach from GW2. I personally like it because it moves away from class balance and more into siege strategy. It's easier to balance siege weaponry, which is strictly PvP, than it is to balance class skills which would affect both PvP and PvE.

#27 starfire1234

starfire1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

I think you make reasonable points, but we should still have something that depends on players mastery of their class. I think people can say whatever they want about RO1 woe, but it was obviously successful. I can't comment on WoW since I never played. 

edit since I was incorrect. 

Edited by starfire1234, 14 July 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#28 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

I agree. There is no strategy needed to win. Just swarm them with numbers and win. No skill requirement.

For those who keeps complaining about WoE RO2 style, go back to RO1 WoE cluster**** with precast and pot spamming.

Yes, tell the community to go to another game... smart idea. I am sure warp portal will encourage such an act. Seems like a bad case of Microsoft to me. Dont have the internet? Get a ps4.

Edited by XionArcadia, 13 July 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#29 Kaltrun

Kaltrun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Yes, tell the community to go to another game... smart idea. I am sure warp portal will encourage such an act. Seems like a bad case of Microsoft to me. Dont have the internet? Get a ps4.

I'm not telling the community to go to another game, just you. I'm sure we will benefit greatly without you complaining about every little thing instead of trying to find alternatives first.

#30 n1cky

n1cky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:25 AM

I'm not telling the community to go to another game, just you. I'm sure we will benefit greatly without you complaining about every little thing instead of trying to find alternatives first.

This. If you want RO1 WoE by all means start playing RO1.

From what i see during WoE's now no one is even trying anymore while IcE and Collision are finding out new things about the maps every WoE.

And all I hear from most of the community is that WoE test season doesn't matter.. just wait for the real things then we will beat you.

Its sad because when i enter this section of the forum all i hear is whining about everything and people just being childish and saying WoE sucks until we get the changes we want instead of finding out how to counter the wall that is in front of you.

There are problems with WoE but i dont think siege weapons are necessarily it. 

#31 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:13 AM

Well Kathrun, I guess if everyone who feels that way leaves, servers will be nice and empty. Most people are waiting for another game to come out anyway and with ff14 around the corner, I expect another dip in the server activity. But sure, if you think I'm crying because I don't know what counters what, go play starcraft for 30 minutes and you figured this games mechanics. What I'm saying is all it is doing is creating more problems then it is worth. No one even wants to try WoE. That should be an obvious clue the system is flawed. But keep telling yourself its due to player knowledge. Obviously your too full of yourself to look at the game from a whole. When the game is down to 300 people, and a private server someone slapped together has 10x that, it will be entertaining to watch.

#32 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:34 AM

Well it is revamped in a way. They scrapped the whole player vs player model of WoE 1 and took more of a WvWvW approach from GW2. I personally like it because it moves away from class balance and more into siege strategy. It's easier to balance siege weaponry, which is strictly PvP, than it is to balance class skills which would affect both PvP and PvE.

I don't like it.  WvWvW takes place in a MASSIVE MAP with lots of open areas, a large staging area for each factions (so you can load and don't get spawn camped TOO easily), different bottlenecks, a large body of water, and castles with multiple doors that actually can facilitate these kinds of play (and even then infantry fighting is just as important as siegecraft)  the weapons also don't automatically one shot half your guild.  With three sides (that actually doesn't have confusing loyalties) the game was actually pretty damn fun for a month of non-stop combat.

For us, we get a linear path with a -_- load of hair pins much like MT.Akina of Initial D with a few branching dead ends, only 2 spawns for the entire server, COMPLETELY AUTOMATED DEFENSES, and really only one way in.  The open area in the middle has SOME potential, but the problem where there's only one way in makes siege weaponary too abusable.  Yes we could do it as well, but that kinda stuff bores me, and entirely not what I signed up for when I was thinking of Ragnarok 2 WoE.  If I want to play this siegecraft business so badly there's always Guild wars again, world of tanks, gunbound and other weird ass games that would easily trump this game.

What could help is limiting the number of siege weapons so we can see more footman battles, a % damage for siege weapons, and friendly fire for them as well.  Would be interesting, for 2 weeks at least.  But that map really needs an overhaul, maybe something cool like actually having multiple castles and little tiny towns in a big ass map so the entire server can actually you know...participate?  Until then, WoE is a joke and should be treated as such.

Edited by LuBuFengXian, 14 July 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#33 otrit

otrit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

I don't like it.  WvWvW takes place in a MASSIVE MAP with lots of open areas, a large staging area for each factions (so you can load and don't get spawn camped TOO easily), different bottlenecks, a large body of water, and castles with multiple doors that actually can facilitate these kinds of play (and even then infantry fighting is just as important as siegecraft)  the weapons also don't automatically one shot half your guild.  With three sides (that actually doesn't have confusing loyalties) the game was actually pretty damn fun for a month of non-stop combat.

For us, we get a linear path with a -_- load of hair pins much like MT.Akina of Initial D with a few branching dead ends, only 2 spawns for the entire server, COMPLETELY AUTOMATED DEFENSES, and really only one way in.  The open area in the middle has SOME potential, but the problem where there's only one way in makes siege weaponary too abusable.  Yes we could do it as well, but that kinda stuff bores me, and entirely not what I signed up for when I was thinking of Ragnarok 2 WoE.  If I want to play this siegecraft business so badly there's always Guild wars again, world of tanks, gunbound and other weird ass games that would easily trump this game.

What could help is limiting the number of siege weapons so we can see more footman battles, a % damage for siege weapons, and friendly fire for them as well.  Would be interesting, for 2 weeks at least.  But that map really needs an overhaul, maybe something cool like actually having multiple castles and little tiny towns in a big ass map so the entire server can actually you know...participate?  Until then, WoE is a joke and should be treated as such.

agreed, well said

#34 Bachelors

Bachelors

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

boom headshot

#35 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Uhhhhhh.... Anyone else see whats wrong with Lubu's statement? -Looks for the "Arghhhh" and the "Muscles!!!"- :p_omg:

#36 Vandrewmm

Vandrewmm

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

/signed

#37 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:NA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

your words says it all, your comment just hurt my eyes . maybe you are one of the members of the guild who put that crap on the entrance and to the rest of the map, It is not funny when you go to the entrance and suddenly you die for no reason. My suggestions  on this woe siege weapon and barricades spam if they cannot take it out, put a limit or cool down before they can build another one otherwise the map will be fields of siege weapons rather than the players itself. Please stop saying go to another game stop whinning well FYI some people invest money to play this game you have no right to say those things. 

#38 Kaltrun

Kaltrun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

No one asked you to spend money in this game. Lastly, its not ice or collision that are placing barricades and siege engines in the entrance. They were the one clearing those so people can spawn and get killed by a player without the help of siege engines. (FYI killing with siege engines does not earn you BP)

#39 POWsTER

POWsTER

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

No one asked you to spend money in this game. Lastly, its not ice or collision that are placing barricades and siege engines in the entrance. They were the one clearing those so people can spawn and get killed by a player without the help of siege engines. (FYI killing with siege engines does not earn you BP)

3jdu.jpg

So you think its not ice or collision that are placing barricades and siege engines in the entrance?. Look on the picture more and please enlighten me.

#40 Kaltrun

Kaltrun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Um that's not the spawn point. That's the gate. Obviously its there to defend gates, not camp spawn points.

#41 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationProbably at work.
  • Server:Odin Ch.5/7/11 (RO2)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Signature move, 2 words that can get past any barricade/machine/wall . . . . Battle Leap.

#42 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

Signature move, 2 words that can get past any barricade/machine/wall . . . . Battle Leap.

You're right!
i will create my own guild full of warriors, so we can all jump the barricades!  :p_err: 

Edited by VuoriDevine, 15 July 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#43 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationProbably at work.
  • Server:Odin Ch.5/7/11 (RO2)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Yes, I can see it happening right now. Using ladders to scale the walls, except in this case [Battle Leap] = ladders.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users