WoE from a Rogues point of view... - Page 2 - War of Emperium - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

WoE from a Rogues point of view...

77 replies to this topic

#26 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:20 AM

Chii, you're hot.  Be my girlfriend.

Aegy you are so ridiculous man.
that just made you look like an idiot lol
And same goes for n1cky

Chii, if your not actually a male i would love to court you with dinner and long walks on the beach.

If thats not your fancy we can go into the forest and kill bunny's with hunting knives then eat their intestines over a hot fire!

so... call me maybe?

#27 Alvana

Alvana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:29 AM

Fold, start poaching IcE members at this insta... wait.

#28 xxxxhermit

xxxxhermit

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:30 AM

Thanks for the insight. Gotta look out for classes with cloaking abilities D:<
That was too funny.

Edited by xxxxhermit, 13 July 2013 - 02:31 AM.

#29 Bachelors

Bachelors

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

get bored in woe , dunno what to do

so i make this one

Screen_Capture_2013_07_13_14_07_38.jpg

next woe i will build my own castle.

you guys more than welcome to come to my Barricade Castle

Edited by Bachelors, 13 July 2013 - 02:34 AM.

#30 Alvana

Alvana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

Must be nice having sex under a bloody red sky. Looks spiky... I mean, spicy!

#31 Confuddle01

Confuddle01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGangnam, Seoul
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IcE Nerdmaster

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

Aegy you are so ridiculous man.
that just made you look like an idiot lol
And same goes for n1cky

Sorry man.  You're right.  I should really be more careful.  It's just, I'm kind of a virgin, so everytime I see a girl on the internet, it gets really hard to control myself.

#32 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

Btw, he only got 6 kills because base of advancement buff. Whats stopping people from stacking catapults, or better yet crossbows since those pierce the counter to catapults. Its obvious this ISN'T what was intended for WoE. If it is, its funny how the majority of people find this WoE to be a bigger fail than what they expected. Guess that means everyone who stayed after most of the community left will just have to find a better game. Sounds like this is what warp portal wants. Lets release the game and enter testing phases for one of the biggest hooks this game has.

Overall a poll should be created to see what the majority of people want in their WoE experience. I think 10 guilds shoulda attended the meeting with Njoror, not just Ft, Exo, Ice, colli, and Eg. The community demands alliances to be official, the removal or HARD nerf of siege weapons, and balancing of castle buffs. If you say your against it, start asking ALL guild leaders of their experiences.

#33 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

Btw, he only got 6 kills because base of advancement buff. Whats stopping people from stacking catapults, or better yet crossbows since those pierce the counter to catapults. Its obvious this ISN'T what was intended for WoE. If it is, its funny how the majority of people find this WoE to be a bigger fail than what they expected. Guess that means everyone who stayed after most of the community left will just have to find a better game. Sounds like this is what warp portal wants. Lets release the game and enter testing phases for one of the biggest hooks this game has.

Overall a poll should be created to see what the majority of people want in their WoE experience. I think 10 guilds shoulda attended the meeting with Njoror, not just Ft, Exo, Ice, colli, and Eg. The community demands alliances to be official, the removal or HARD nerf of siege weapons, and balancing of castle buffs. If you say your against it, start asking ALL guild leaders of their experiences.

It's based around siege weaponry. I dunno why people are comparing it to the zerg rushes in RO1 when this is a completely different game.

They'll limit the amount of active siege weapons/barricades you can have active. They have to since it's too imbalanced now. But if people are gonna complain about "OMG 20K CATAPULT SO OP NERF PLZZZZZZ I JUST WANNA SPEAR FOR 10K INSTEAD" instead of actually learning the mechanics of each and every siege vehicle, then the game is better off without them. We've been in 5 WoEs now holding a choke, and I have not seen ONE statue on the enemy lines. That shows that nobody knows what they're doing.

I'm really tempted to stream this WoE, just to give the community a sense of how to use each and every siege vehicle.

#34 3844130511081749227

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

^agreed

the link is all i have to say about the issue. Plus, this is why we get a month of testing, to get the bugs out. If you don't play, we don't make the game better. Don't scream "OP!! NERF!!" without getting all the information on said weaponry. Cuz KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!

http://forums.warppo...nces/?p=1434167

#35 Duke1987

Duke1987

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

Please stream a video, for the nubs outside! so they have a chance. After that, they will flame collision again for being lame etc.

But at least it will get interesting!!

#36 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

Its still funny you are missing the point. This isn't about "homg moar catapults and less spear!" Its about how imbalanced this entire game is. How can a game be in developement for 7-8 years and not have forseen this? Lets break it down, classes don't offer much uniqueness as in its predecessor. That uniqueness is what made ro1 fun. Now with all the siege weapons and barricades, yea its easy to understand the mechanics to how they work, but the concept of the map screams "everyone vs castle owner." If you take the time to understand why the castle maps in ro1 made it more guild vs guild it is because you had the choice of what castle to attack. Who did you want to go for? Who did you want to assist? With the current structure, its all about flooding to a single location and having a ffa. The fact you can have alliances would only enhance this gameplay. Why? You have the choice of your allies. Your leader says siege weapons helps small guilds, well wouldn't alliances as well help them? Maybe guild leaders would act nicer to smaller guilds and not camp and prevent them from completing dailies? Maybe this encourages small guilds to work together and not against eachother. Sorry, but what I heard from the meeting was pretty pathetic. It has nothing to due with the fact two guilds made enemies of the server like another guild did. What happened to that leader? Haven't heard from him in awhile. Maybe he is spending time with his nephew. Lastly, this server is losing people daily. How can you encourage a flawed system for personal gain? Maybe I am old fashioned but I would think the entire community should enjoy the games content to promote the game to others. Wouldnt it be wise to ATLEAST test what the community is proposing? We are in test phases right? I'm sure such an act would show promise for change and not sacrifice losing more people.

#37 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

Those are core issues with the game, not from a WoE standpoint. I've been saying it since February 22, 2012 over on kRO that this game is "quality". And by quality, I mean it doesn't even feel like a game in closed beta. However, WoE is not as fundamentally flawed as the core game mechanics are. There are plenty of key areas on the WoE map to attack. That first gate is a FFA, hence why it has 40 million health. However, after that you choose what you want to assault from the entire north section of the map.

There's only 3 MAIN issues I have with WoE so far:

• No alliance system.
  • Siege weapons/barricades are unlimited/spammable
  • Spawn point camping, ESPECIALLY with the use of siege.

Our guild has made it our primary objective to eliminate siege spawn camping in the last few WoEs, because nobody even bothers to show up anymore. It is seriously out of hand. I think that is what is pissing people off at this point. But it's week 1 of WoE testing, so I still have hope for it.

#38 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Funny because from what I have seen, your guild has been making it your goal to camp the map to prevent others from participating in dailies. Shall I provide video evidence? My friend came back for this sole purpose.

#39 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Sure. Don't forget to edit out the parts where we're destroying barricades/catapults though. I know how much people love to pin us as the super evil villains of this game.

Edited by Fold, 13 July 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#40 Sayooooonara

Sayooooonara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

Those are core issues with the game, not from a WoE standpoint. I've been saying it since February 22, 2012 over on kRO that this game is "quality". And by quality, I mean it doesn't even feel like a game in closed beta. However, WoE is not as fundamentally flawed as the core game mechanics are. There are plenty of key areas on the WoE map to attack. That first gate is a FFA, hence why it has 40 million health. However, after that you choose what you want to assault from the entire north section of the map.

There's only 3 MAIN issues I have with WoE so far:

• No alliance system.
  • Siege weapons/barricades are unlimited/spammable
  • Spawn point camping, ESPECIALLY with the use of siege.

Our guild has made it our primary objective to eliminate siege spawn camping in the last few WoEs, because nobody even bothers to show up anymore. It is seriously out of hand. I think that is what is pissing people off at this point. But it's week 1 of WoE testing, so I still have hope for it.

You're too much for a hypocrite.

#41 Confuddle01

Confuddle01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGangnam, Seoul

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

Btw, he only got 6 kills because base of advancement buff. Whats stopping people from stacking catapults, or better yet crossbows since those pierce the counter to catapults.

No, he only got 6 kills because he was hitting a zone protected by a Protection Statue for 2 minutes, doing absolutely zero damage except to the 1 person outside of it every other shot, not because of the base of advancement buff.  If you know what it looks like, you can clearly see what the protection aura looks like, and you will also notice that there are no damage numbers popping up except for the occasional 1 or 2 outside the aura.  Constructive criticism.  Hope you take it and use it accordingly.

1) So, you think alliances should be official, making it EASIER for Collision and IcE to ally with each other, therefore solidifying their power bloc further?  Think about it for a second.  If Collision and IcE aren't attackable to each other because they're allied, that would be like fighting us as one guild.  At least right now, all it takes is one person from either guild to completely derp and mess up the other guild's tactics and movements.  Not going into specifics, but 1 Collision member out of 55 wiped all of IcE because he wasn't on Mumble.  Twice.  Got pretty comical :)  If they implement alliances, more people will quit, because it will only make us stronger.  This is something we do NOT want.  Competition is what is fun.

2) I would gather to guess that Njoror invited us to give him our two cents to improve the game and give him some input, and not for the purposes you're using for it now.  However, since you did mention it, I'll put in my two cents.

I wholeheartedly agree that the community as a whole should be part of the conversation on what comes in and doesn't.  This is precisely why forums exist.  If it means anything to you (since I'm always in the market for more approval from others, especially this wonderfully amazingly fantastic community that is the RO community), I'll mention that when I was queried as to if I thought any other guilds should or could be included in the conversation, I mentioned an additional 5 guilds.  They were not included in the conversation anyway for reasons that should make alot of sense.

But you know, if the community DEMANDS it, WarpPortal should listen.

Then again, what do I know.  I'm just a real-life marketing consultant attempting to paint IcE as knowledgeable asshats.  But we're really roleplaying furries, so that probably doesn't help things.

Disclaimer: I fully understand that English is not the native language of many people that will respond to this post.  I apologize if I posted it in a manner that is hard for you to understand.  I swear I didn't do it intentionally so people would respond absolutely ridiculously and hilariously, making us all burst into laughter at random intervals in our day-to-day lives.  I swear.

You should really hate IcE.  Come at me bro.

P.S. Fold is a -_- poster.  Collision...(facepalm) SO bad.

Edited by Confuddle01, 13 July 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#42 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

You're too much for a hypocrite.

You're too little for a troll.

#43 Sayooooonara

Sayooooonara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

You're too little for a troll.

Just stating the fact.

#44 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

Just stating the fact.

That's more of an opinion, but okay.

up-392NO6SG4OQ5BAJ9.jpg

#45 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

Collision + Ice wants RO2 to have an official alliance system so guilds can team up against their castle and bring the competition. You are calling them hypocrites for using siege weapons when anyone else would do the same in that situation. Then guilds who cannot break them set up camps with sieging heavily populated points of their own since they couldnt take the castle. hmm?

From my perspective i think alliances are fine if balanced but still the main issue i think might be the unlimited cades/cannons not this alliance. Look at the screenshots and videos and i notice a wall of NPC barricades with massive HPs blocking the path not players.

Question. Can cannons be used offensively to destroy castle defensives? If so why isnt this being utilzed to chip away barriers to gain entry to the castle, do they rebuild too quickly? Is this why instead everyone is crying imba on the forums while farming WoEs spawn point to at least get something out of WoE?

#46 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

Its test month, try it our way, see what the community thinks. Simple as that.

#47 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

Simply test it our way if your right, we can change.

Edited by XionArcadia, 13 July 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#48 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

That's not WoE, but okay.

#49 Confuddle01

Confuddle01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGangnam, Seoul

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

Collision + Ice wants RO2 to have an official alliance system so guilds can team up against their castle and bring the competition.

Question. Can cannons be used offensively to destroy castle defensives? If so why isnt this being utilzed to chip away barriers to gain entry to the castle, do they rebuild too quickly? Is this why instead everyone is crying imba on the forums while farming WoEs spawn point to at least get something out of WoE?

Actually, that's a good point.  I'm actually advocating against the alliance system, but then again, it may help the rest of the guilds all ally together.  That could be potentially interesting, and I didn't think about it like that.  I only thought about it from our point of view, and that it would make us so much stronger, not how much stronger it could potentially make everyone else.  Cheers!

There are going to be some potential changes more than likely coming into WoE in terms of numbers of sieges on the field, though the method used to implement this change isn't solidified yet (to my knowledge).

Cannons actually have the shortest range of all the ranged Siege Vehicles.  So, while IcE has figured out (man, we're quite full of ourselves) that this has a counter, which has another counter, which has another counter, which again has another counter, and then another counter, it seems the majority of the population hasn't figured it out yet.  We hope they do soon!

The thing about WoE is, anything is counterable with anything else with just one other person.  For example, one cannon is counterable by one protection field (I'll share that counter at least).  The thing is, mistakes are innately compounded by the number of people in your group.  If you're running toward a siege position with 20 people, and no protection statue, then 1 well placed catapult gunbound will kill all of you.  This makes people mad, and instead of thinking of what to do next, they rinse and repeat the same thing, and get more mad.  Remember the definition of insanity we all learned in grade school?  Meanwhile, if 5 people have 1 protection statue used properly, they can wreck 5 cannons/catapults.  That again, has a counter, which I won't go into, but I have alot of love for the siege system that makes WoE like an elegant game of Chess on a grand scale, and where mistakes are punished with extreme prejudice.

Edited by Confuddle01, 13 July 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#50 vkleon

vkleon

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

1) So, you think alliances should be official, making it EASIER for Collision and IcE to ally with each other, therefore solidifying their power bloc further?  Think about it for a second.  If Collision and IcE aren't attackable to each other because they're allied, that would be like fighting us as one guild.  At least right now, all it takes is one person from either guild to completely derp and mess up the other guild's tactics and movements.  Not going into specifics, but 1 Collision member out of 55 wiped all of IcE because he wasn't on Mumble.  Twice.  Got pretty comical :)  If they implement alliances, more people will quit, because it will only make us stronger.  This is something we do NOT want.  Competition is what is fun.

How arrogant, you think the whole servers does not even comparable to the mighty Coliceon super power block. For us it's better if we can ally with the rests so everyone can unite to topple your super power block without killing each others. Even if we cannot ally with the whole server, it's still better to work it out among lesser blocks.We will figure out which block goes to which gate, when, where should we gather, etc....

Right now sir, it's total chaos. Your 1 member might kill 50, but we have hundreds against hundreds. we kill each other >.< therefore we cannot provide you some competition. If alliances are there, we will try to unite even if we have to be put in several blocks ..... hopefully then we can provide you some competition for your fun

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users