WoE from a Rogues point of view... - Page 3 - War of Emperium - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

WoE from a Rogues point of view...

77 replies to this topic

#51 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

That's why we need alliances! So it can hold me back from punching Aegy's face in in woe

#52 Mardets

Mardets

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

When ppl die, they don't try to find a way to prevent that from happening, instead, they go on forum to rant about imba and nerf. How many of you here actually read the description of each siege engines and statues and know what each's functionality and range? The developer spent time into creating a variety of siege engines and statues so that each siege will have it own strengths and weaknesses. The reason why the WoE sieges are 1s each in shop right now is because its during the test season, and they want you to take advantage of that to try out the sieges. Have it not occurred to you guys that the reason why Collision and IcE did so well in WoE, is that because they actually used their brain and utilize the sieges and statues effectiveness. 

If stacking catapults and canons is so imba like you guys said, why don't you guys also stack catapults and canons like Collision and IcE did? Oh wait, you did and failed because you don't know how to use em correctly, and now you're going on forum calling for the removal of all of em, and just turn WoE brainless waves of zerks. Learn to play, please.

From my point of view, you guys are just a bunch of sore losers, going on forum complaining about ppl who actually used their brains to play the game the way they are intended to play. Less QQ more queue queue.

#53 otrit

otrit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

we actually tried to stack catapults and cannons. But hey, those machines work for the benefit of the castle holder, they have no eyes and kill everyone else.

#54 FeiryTaiil

FeiryTaiil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

When ppl die, they don't try to find a way to prevent that from happening, instead, they go on forum to rant about imba and nerf. How many of you here actually read the description of each siege engines and statues and know what each's functionality and range? The developer spent time into creating a variety of siege engines and statues so that each siege will have it own strengths and weaknesses. The reason why the WoE sieges are 1s each in shop right now is because its during the test season, and they want you to take advantage of that to try out the sieges. Have it not occurred to you guys that the reason why Collision and IcE did so well in WoE, is that because they actually used their brain and utilize the sieges and statues effectiveness. 

If stacking catapults and canons is so imba like you guys said, why don't you guys also stack catapults and canons like Collision and IcE did? Oh wait, you did and failed because you don't know how to use em correctly, and now you're going on forum calling for the removal of all of em, and just turn WoE brainless waves of zerks. Learn to play, please.

From my point of view, you guys are just a bunch of sore losers, going on forum complaining about ppl who actually used their brains to play the game the way they are intended to play. Less QQ more queue queue.

Correction, it should be "Siege weapons did so well in WoE". think first before you post.

#55 Confuddle01

Confuddle01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGangnam, Seoul
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IcE Nerdmaster

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

How arrogant, you think the whole servers does not even comparable to the mighty Coliceon super power block. For us it's better if we can ally with the rests so everyone can unite to topple your super power block without killing each others. Even if we cannot ally with the whole server, it's still better to work it out among lesser blocks.We will figure out which block goes to which gate, when, where should we gather, etc....

Actually, that's a good point.  I'm actually advocating against the alliance system, but then again, it may help the rest of the guilds all ally together.  That could be potentially interesting, and I didn't think about it like that.  I only thought about it from our point of view, and that it would make us so much stronger, not how much stronger it could potentially make everyone else.  Cheers!

Also, I appreciate you calling me sir, but I was never knighted.  Although I've always wanted to be.  I hear the Queen is a frigid woman.  In the West, we don't call each other boss and sir on the reg.  Hope that helps!

Edited by Confuddle01, 13 July 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#56 Mardets

Mardets

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

we actually tried to stack catapults and cannons. But hey, those machines work for the benefit of the castle holder, they have no eyes and kill everyone else.

Just that right there proved that you already missed my point. The key to counter canons and catapults aren't by using  canons and catapults. Try again my dear friend.

Correction, it should be "Siege weapons did so well in WoE". think first before you post.

Is ignorance really is bliss?

"Have it NOT occurred to you guys that the reason why Collision and IcE did so well in WoE, is that because they actually used their brain and utilize the sieges and statues effectiveness."

Sieges weapons are available for everyone, not just Collision and IcE, so where is your excuse? It seem like you missed the point of my post completely.

Edited by Mardets, 13 July 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#57 PoweredByRice

PoweredByRice

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:North American

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

I don't know who you are but I love you.

Then use these "SAME" siege weapons that everyone has the ability to use and stop complaining. The things I've noticed about most guilds is that they dont' even know how to use the siege machines efficiently. 

#58 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

Getting mad during the TEST PHASE, is pretty sad as I already said. If something doesn't work, try something else. The idea is to test what works and what doesn't. And change takes time. Expecting it to happen outside of the weekly maintence is silly.

They only emergency patch what they have fixes for at that point. They aren't going to do emergency patch to tweak WoE a couple things at a time.

#59 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

That's not WoE, but okay.

Guild vs Guild with no Siege weapons, with the option to ally is not WoE? Uhhhh

So what is the War of Emperium?

The War of Emperium is a game feature that allows guilds to fight in order to conquer a Castle to be the headquarters for the guild, and get benefits and special advantages.

Owning a Castle gives your guild several benefits. First off, there is a special Guild Dungeon accessible to everyone in the guild. These dungeons have several strong monsters that in some cases do not spawn in the normal world. Secondly, every night, 4 or more (depending on the economy of the castle) treasure boxes will appear in the castle giving useful items and equipments.

Wow, Your right... This isn't WoE WoE has yet to reach this server.

#60 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hmmm different game, different method of WoE? I mean it's not like this is a wow clone with a half-assed paint of RO slapped on it. Surely it's all going to be exactly the same, but in DDD!

#61 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

Oh C'mon, Your obviously playing the wrong game. :ok:

#62 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Guild vs Guild with no Siege weapons, with the option to ally is not WoE? Uhhhh

So what is the War of Emperium?

The War of Emperium is a game feature that allows guilds to fight in order to conquer a Castle to be the headquarters for the guild, and get benefits and special advantages.

Owning a Castle gives your guild several benefits. First off, there is a special Guild Dungeon accessible to everyone in the guild. These dungeons have several strong monsters that in some cases do not spawn in the normal world. Secondly, every night, 4 or more (depending on the economy of the castle) treasure boxes will appear in the castle giving useful items and equipments.

Wow, Your right... This isn't WoE WoE has yet to reach this server.

I was talking about the video you put up. We weren't camping during WoE.

#63 Bachelors

Bachelors

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Best post ive ever seen :no1:

lol at this stupid boy , are you going to be the second God ?

#64 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

http://www.twitch.tv...dia/b/430107125

Oh boy... he had fun. So glad he came back for this...

#65 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

So that's where you were.. I can't believe so many people passed up your catapult D:

#66 POWsTER

POWsTER

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

http://www.twitch.tv...dia/b/430107125

Oh boy... he had fun. So glad he came back for this...

Oh look, it's Collision's turn to take the Emperium again.

#67 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

Oh look, it's Collision's turn to take the Emperium again.

Well it could be yours. We're thinking of leasing it. Maybe a trial, who can make it past the most cannon fire. -50 points for destroying barricades though.

Edited by SonicTMP, 13 July 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#68 VolunteerMod05

VolunteerMod05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

Please desist with the trolling.

#69 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

How arrogant, you think the whole servers does not even comparable to the mighty Coliceon super power block. For us it's better if we can ally with the rests so everyone can unite to topple your super power block without killing each others. Even if we cannot ally with the whole server, it's still better to work it out among lesser blocks.We will figure out which block goes to which gate, when, where should we gather, etc....

Right now sir, it's total chaos. Your 1 member might kill 50, but we have hundreds against hundreds. we kill each other >.< therefore we cannot provide you some competition. If alliances are there, we will try to unite even if we have to be put in several blocks ..... hopefully then we can provide you some competition for your fun

I'd say its faster to form a new guild instead of forming a bunch of small guilds into alliances, the more alliances u have, the more chance of people breaking through while ur trying to "switch off" as u guys say it. Also, you'd totally have to plan it properly cuz who knows if someone will suddenly be like 'OH HEY I HAVE THE CASTLE, SCREW U ALL' cuz the events are running after all. There's a top 4 guild against each other eventually, no? That's why I wouldn't really suggest the whole "alliances can't kill each other" thing atm, but yes, after the event, maybe that'd be nice to encourage some competition 

#70 KEVEDO

KEVEDO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

you will always have to maintain the castle, if you want "screw u all" expect something in response..

#71 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

you will always have to maintain the castle, if you want "screw u all" expect something in response..

Of course, but looking at all the other alliances. All guilds have adequate man power. They're only teaming up to beat up one specific enemy but after that, who knows what will happen. Not saying all people are -_-ty like that but I've met quite a few ill mannered people. Who knows if they have something up their sleeves. That'd totally be a loss if allied guilds suddenly turned against each other and another guild had chance to take the emp :P I'm saying having friendly fire is fine cuz you can actually go hit someone u really hate in the other guild but due to alliance you have to help them and still be able to go like " Oops i'm sorry :P

#72 Feliface

Feliface

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

Humble much? lolz. 

Now you see if i wanted to i couuuuuld go in there with a group of lvl 4 theives with max hide and bomb the shiz outta u in cannons and crap but uh the point is that i dont actually have the slightest appreciation for the majority of siege weapons.? I did actually test them all out though on a troll character so i do know how they all work [and i still think they are retarded] .and why the frik wud i wanna dominate woe on noob chars and not my main?? WoE is basically telling me "That char u made? who cares about it! u cud do better if u make a new char! u wont even have to 50 it!" There becomes no point for having made certain classes.

To be honest, the siege weaps have stopped almost the entire server (minus coli and ice) from even wanting to enter woe. why? because WoE didnt live up to most players expectations. Why did they have to spend night and day coloing for gear if siege weaps were gunna show up out of i-dont-even-wanna-know-where and render their gear useless? You know i went in there on a low level thief and got 1000x further then on my lvl 50 full coloed priest. Why? because my thief can just sneak past everything in invisible battering rams and go nuts. my priest? by the time ive loaded onto the map, im alrdy dead from base-camping cannon fire.  

lvl 4 thief OP!  lvl 4 thief stronk! alrdy has blood points before it can even enter colo!  *massive bicep flexx*

#73 Mardets

Mardets

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

Humble much? lolz. 

Now you see if i wanted to i couuuuuld go in there with a group of lvl 4 theives with max hide and bomb the shiz outta u in cannons and crap but uh the point is that i dont actually have the slightest appreciation for the majority of siege weapons.? I did actually test them all out though on a troll character so i do know how they all work [and i still think they are retarded] .and why the frik wud i wanna dominate woe on noob chars and not my main?? WoE is basically telling me "That char u made? who cares about it! u cud do better if u make a new char! u wont even have to 50 it!" There becomes no point for having made certain classes.

To be honest, the siege weaps have stopped almost the entire server (minus coli and ice) from even wanting to enter woe. why? because WoE didnt live up to most players expectations. Why did they have to spend night and day coloing for gear if siege weaps were gunna show up out of i-dont-even-wanna-know-where and render their gear useless? You know i went in there on a low level thief and got 1000x further then on my lvl 50 full coloed priest. Why? because my thief can just sneak past everything in invisible battering rams and go nuts. my priest? by the time ive loaded onto the map, im alrdy dead from base-camping cannon fire.  

lvl 4 thief OP!  lvl 4 thief stronk! alrdy has blood points before it can even enter colo!  *massive bicep flexx*

You are so ignorant it's unbelievable.

Tell me, have you ever played chess with a five year old? This is just like that. You would just dominate the five year old at every match, and as you watch him struggle to make his moves, you know exactly what he need to do to improve his game. But all you can do is subtly offer him hints, and hope that he will take it.

I'm just going to be straightforward with you, I'm from collision, so I've seen how WoEs turn out from our point of view, and as PoweredByRice mentioned, it seem like "most guilds is that they dont' even know how to use the siege machines efficiently." We know what you need to do to beat us, but we can't just bluntly tell you that. I offered you hints, we all did as a matter of fact, I told you to look into the sieges weapons and statues for a way to counter us, but you refused to do that. Instead, you insisted on the key to counter canons/catapults is to use a certain class in WoE? If that is your mindset, you will have a hard time. There's a limit on how much help we can offer.

In the recent WoEs, Collision just run back and forth between Base 1 and 2 to remove spawn campers and their canons/catapults to prove that those items are counterable. And I'll tell you this, they will add a limit/cd on the siege weapons, even so, we will still win WoE from the simple fact that you guys ignorantly refuse to listen.

#74 Billeh

Billeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

You are so ignorant it's unbelievable.

Tell me, have you ever played chess with a five year old? This is just like that. You would just dominate the five year old at every match, and as you watch him struggle to make his moves, you know exactly what he need to do to improve his game. But all you can do is subtly offer him hints, and hope that he will take it.

I'm just going to be straightforward with you, I'm from collision, so I've seen how WoEs turn out from our point of view, and as PoweredByRice mentioned, it seem like "most guilds is that they dont' even know how to use the siege machines efficiently." We know what you need to do to beat us, but we can't just bluntly tell you that. I offered you hints, we all did as a matter of fact, I told you to look into the sieges weapons and statues for a way to counter us, but you refused to do that. Instead, you insisted on the key to counter canons/catapults is to use a certain class in WoE? If that is your mindset, you will have a hard time. There's a limit on how much help we can offer.

In the recent WoEs, Collision just run back and forth between Base 1 and 2 to remove spawn campers and their canons/catapults to prove that those items are counterable. And I'll tell you this, they will add a limit/cd on the siege weapons, even so, we will still win WoE from the simple fact that you guys ignorantly refuse to listen.

I'm sorry but you guys are so full of yourselves that sometimes I can't figure out if you really enjoy the current WoE situation so much or you're all just trolling the heck out of the server hoping it fails. Your silly little statues don't do -_- to stop your masses of barricades, cannons, catapults and arrow showers (You already know they stop shields) up near the center, and it's precisely why people have stopped coming. And then you guys go with this protector of justice type of attitude against spawn campers despite practically doing it yourself both in and out of WoE hours. It's really quite annoying. Anyone who tries to legitimately get by, legitimately take crystals in both standard and new ways, you target, not just the spawn campers. The sad thing is, since you've locked down the center the only legitimate place to put siege weapons to ATTEMPT to fight back is, and I'm sure you've guessed it by now, near the front. I've been in there with a group of people trying the many different items, weapons not even POINTED towards the spawns and you guys make it a point to stop any attempt to do absolutely anything on the map while sitting on your high horse without any effort in taking the castle yourselves. (Got tired of the whole switcharoo every WoE?) On top of this, the only way to legitimately attempt to set up anything period is with a cloaked class, cause anything else is killed on sight. That's a problem.

Do you guys enjoy WoE in it's current condition? Why don't you even bother to try taking the Emp anymore? Why are you content just sitting in the middle making damn sure no other guild even gets past half of the map to try? Do you guys realize how many guilds have stopped trying because of it? Yes, many of us have read the damn descriptions, we're not all children. It's pretty damn obvious there's a problem with WoE when only two allied (heck, ICE seems to have stopped showing up much so it's really only Collision) guilds participate and sometimes it's annoying when legit discussions of changes seem hampered by your egos. "Oh small guilds can do perfectly fine in WoE!!!" "Everyone's just doing it wrong!!!"

But hey, if you guys really do enjoy the current situation stick to it. I'm sure you'll be here for years with the server smirking at the amazingly fun WoE's we're having.

Edited by Billeh, 15 July 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#75 POWsTER

POWsTER

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

I'm sorry but you guys are so full of yourselves that sometimes I can't figure out if you really enjoy the current WoE situation so much or you're all just trolling the heck out of the server hoping it fails. Your silly little statues don't do -_- to stop your masses of barricades, cannons, catapults and arrow showers (You already know they stop shields) up near the center, and it's precisely why people have stopped coming. And then you guys go with this protector of justice type of attitude against spawn campers despite practically doing it yourself both in and out of WoE hours. It's really quite annoying. Anyone who tries to legitimately get by, legitimately take crystals in both standard and new ways, you target, not just the spawn campers. The sad thing is, since you've locked down the center the only legitimate place to put siege weapons to ATTEMPT to fight back is, and I'm sure you've guessed it by now, near the front. I've been in there with a group of people trying the many different items, weapons not even POINTED towards the spawns and you guys make it a point to stop any attempt to do absolutely anything on the map while sitting on your high horse without any effort in taking the castle yourselves. (Got tired of the whole switcharoo every WoE?) On top of this, the only way to legitimately attempt to set up anything period is with a cloaked class, cause anything else is killed on sight. That's a problem.

Do you guys enjoy WoE in it's current condition? Why don't you even bother to try taking the Emp anymore? Why are you content just sitting in the middle making damn sure no other guild even gets past half of the map to try? Do you guys realize how many guilds have stopped trying because of it? Yes, many of us have read the damn descriptions, we're not all children. It's pretty damn obvious there's a problem with WoE when only two allied (heck, ICE seems to have stopped showing up much so it's really only Collision) guilds participate and sometimes it's annoying when legit discussions of changes seem hampered by your egos. "Oh small guilds can do perfectly fine in WoE!!!" "Everyone's just doing it wrong!!!"

But hey, if you guys really do enjoy the current situation stick to it. I'm sure you'll be here for years with the server smirking at the amazingly fun WoE's we're having.

^ True. they even call that "Achievement" like server 1st or w/e.. and in a test season? really , this made us laugh. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users