Windows 8 Facebook/Kalydo client incompatibilities - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Windows 8 Facebook/Kalydo client incompatibilities

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tidus79001

Tidus79001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

I am able to play Requiem using the full desktop client (Trifri sever) without issue (this being done by enabling compatibility mode).  However the game is not playable using the Facebook client.

I am using Windows 8 but due to the game not having been updated the game doesn’t run correct using the Facebook client (I know the Facebook client works correctly with Windows 7).  I am able to connect to the game and my character loads but the issues are as follows:

1. My character has his arms stuck out on both sides and if I strafe left or right he spins like a corkscrew which this causing the toroso & legs to not be rendered propery

2. NPC’s are not visible.  I can see their shadow.  If I click on them I am able to select them.

I tried putting the C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Kalydo\KalydoPlayer\content\apps\RequiemFacebook\System_Kalydo\requiem.exe in compatibility mode but this causes an error in the “Micorsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library” which crashes the game.  I also have already tried disabling the Windows Firewall and Windows Defender but this doesn’t help.

Gravity please update the game so that is compatible with Windows 8.  Are there plans to update the game for Windows 8 compatibility or is this being currently being worked on?

Another option would be to allow connect/login to the Nova server with our Facebook/Kalydo account using the full desktop client since the game will run correctly when set to compatibility mode.

Edited by Tidus79001, 30 July 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#2 Tidus79001

Tidus79001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

I am able to play Requiem using the full desktop client (Trifri sever) without issue (this being done by enabling compatibility mode).  However the game is not playable using the Facebook client.

I am using Windows 8 but due to the game not having been updated the game doesn’t run correct using the Facebook client (I know the Facebook client works correctly with Windows 7).  I am able to connect to the game and my character loads but the issues are as follows:

1. My character has his arms stuck out on both sides and if I strafe left or right he spins like a corkscrew which this causing the toroso & legs to not be rendered propery

2. NPC’s are not visible.  I can see their shadow.  If I click on them I am able to select them.

I tried putting the C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Kalydo\KalydoPlayer\content\apps\RequiemFacebook\System_Kalydo\requiem.exe in compatibility mode but this causes an error in the “Micorsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library” which crashes the game.  I also have already tried disabling the Windows Firewall and Windows Defender but this doesn’t help.

Gravity please update the game so that is compatible with Windows 8.  Are there plans to update the game for Windows 8 compatibility or is this being currently being worked on?

Another option would be to allow connect/login to the Nova server with our Facebook/Kalydo account using the full desktop client since the game will run correctly when set to compatibility mode.

FYI. Until Gravity updates the game for Windows 8 compatiblity the only method for playing the game on the on Nova server (aka: Facebook Client) is to use this workaround as descrided in the forum thread that is at the link below (This method with allow you to connect to the Nova server and play via the Desktop client):

http://forums.warppo...desktop-client/

Edited by Tidus79001, 30 July 2013 - 07:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users