#1 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hey everyone, 

We have gathered all the thoughts, concerns, and suggestions you have posted and put them all in one neat document to be presented to the devs. We figured since you guys helped us put it together, we will share the outline with you. Remember that this is a shortened version. The longer version is exactly that, much longer. :)

Also note that these are not patch notes, which means they are not actual fixes or changes to the game. These are only the suggestions and changes that have been compiled from the community so far. 

War of Emperium Changes

1.Blood Points

a. Right now, blood points lost is significantly high since it is by a percentage.

i. Solution is to make the BP loss a fixed number, perhaps to 500/500 BP earned/lost. Players with less than 500 don't give or take any BP until they earn at least 500 BP. 

2.Siege Items

a.  Currently, players can buy a lot of siege items at a time of all types, excluding WoE Supplies that have a 10 item limit. This has caused players to layer the ground with all types of siege items, making the WoE map very difficult. There are a couple of suggested fixes for this.

i.  Apply a cooldown for siege items, including Mercenary Kafra.

ii. Another option would be to apply an item limit to the siege items that can be carried in bags.

iii. Players are reporting that If they are killed by siege items, that they are losing Blood Points. Players who use siege items to kill another player are not rewarded with any Blood Points. Siege items should not give or take Blood Points to players if they are used, since it is significantly easier to kill players with siege items than using normal class skills.

iv. Applying a casting time to the Mercenary Kafra can make better balance the extra spawning points.

v. Barricades require one WoE Supplies to create. More Supplies should be needed to create each.

vi. Ghost Palanquin is hiding all siege items, including barricades. The only time a siege item shows up that is under the effect of Ghost Palanquin is when they fire. Having siege items show up when fired while under the effect of Ghost Palanquin is fine, but barricades should always be visible.

vii. Catapults cannot attack players who are within a certain range of the Catapult. This should be applied to all siege items that are stationary.

viii. An extra idea: If a siege weapon does not have a player inside of it, the HP of the item should slowly deteriorate until the siege weapon is destroyed over time. When a player goes into the siege weapon and uses it, it should stop the “Siege Bleed” effect. This will give a timer to the siege weapons, and will force players to actively use them instead of just laying them out all over the map.

3.Gate HP

a. Gate HP should be less.

b. Increase the amount of HP the WoE Supplies can give to a gate from defenders to compensate for the Gate HP being lowered. This means that attackers will have to focus on killing defenders who are supplying the gate with HP first before attacking the Gate.

4.Players being killed at the entrance

a. One of the large complaints from the players is that they do not have a chance when they load into the zone because they are being killed by other players and siege weapons that are targeting the entrance area and killing them before they have a chance to move.

i. One solution would be to provide a timed buff that makes the players who enter into Base 1 or Base 2 will be invincible to all attacks. 

ii. Another solution would be to provide a zone at the entrance where it is difficult or impossible for players or siege items to attack. 

iii. We should remove the ability to spawn siege items on top of the entrance. This means that barricades cannot be placed over the NPC.

5.Tax System

a.  Currently, the tax guilds receive when they own WoE has a zeny limit of 100z before the Guild Leader has to remove the 100z from the Guild Manager and deposit it into their Guild Bank. The Guild Bank is only attainable at Guild Rank 20, and the zeny limit for Guild Bank is 200z. 

i.Tax Solution: Increase the zeny limits of both the Tax and Guild Banks. The WoE tax should not have a limit to the zeny that can be accumulated.

ii. Guild Bank Solution: Low level guilds don’t have access to the Guild Bank, and do not have an interest to participate in WoE if all they receive is the Occupation Buff. They want access to the zeny tax as well. Re-arranging Guild skills may help this.

6.WoE Dailies

a. The bosses for the WoE dailies that are required to complete need to respawn quicker. 

8.Additional Notes

a.  Currently, there are unofficial alliances. We don't want to take this away, but at the same time don't want this to skew WoE gameplay.

#2 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

This was my suggestion about blood point gain/loss.

With regards to blood points, how about 0% loss and gain when you kill someone, but when a party takes over a point, that party gets a significant amount of points. And if you take over the castle, a huge amount for the party/raid that took over castle with 10% of that distributed to other members of that guild that participated.

Farming monsters for BP? I don't care about that. My suggestion is aimed to discourage spawn campers from farming BP off people, help people who want to participate in WoE to participate without worries of loss of BP, and give an incentive for groups to take over points other than for buffs. The BP from castle takeover is just a nice bonus for the guild and raid/party that managed to capture it. While not everyone can capture the castle, every guild with sufficient numbers and power should be able to at least kill some guardians and capture points.

#3 rathe666

rathe666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

The siege equipment is of greater benefit to the larger guilds than the smaller ones.  They are generally imbalanced.  Members in the same guild can build tons of cannons and catapults everywhere.  So in the case of a 40 member guild vs a 100 member guild there is a disproportionate amount of dps through siege equips.  Further, in the 100 person guild there will be more people to put up the shield equip and nullify the smaller guilds cannons.  Honestly, I preferred RO1 WoE which was real PVP and not Player Vs Siege Weps.  I do like the ideas of barricades, and being able to reinforce doors etc.  But the weapons just take all the fun out of it. 

Personal Opinion: The main reason I picked this game up was for PvP and if this is what we can expect from WoE I dont know how long it will hold my interest.  (I know not everyone agrees, but this is my personal belief.) 

#4 rathe666

rathe666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

How are full support classes supposed to get BP?

#5 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

How are full support classes supposed to get BP?

If we go with my suggestion, support can get BP from helping their party/raid capture points and if they're lucky, the castle. It's really the only other way I can think of other than support having to actually kill someone.

#6 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

A lot of good ideas here.  Glad to see you're actually listening to us and coming up with interesting ideas yourself.

Concerning Guild Skills: 

Guild skills should not have a "level requirement" to learn.  They should work just like any other skill tree-- if you have enough skill points (and learn the prerequisites), you can learn the skill you want.

There is no reason to force guilds to be level 20 to use the mediocre/limited guild storage.   Even when you increase it to a reasonable amount, I don't see why it needs such a huge investment-- there's nothing broken about giving guilds early access to their storage. Having to be level 10 just to learn a sub-par 5% mount movement speed buff is IMO stupid. 

Also, the current "guild level" requirement is completely unfair for those guilds that did not take full advantage of the PvP arena scarecrow exploit, because they either did not know about it or considered it cheating.  (The exploit I'm referring to is where when you killed the scarecrows that had ~3k HP, they rewarded you with ~500 experience a kill.  They give 0 experience now after the patch that "fixed" it.)

On Spawn camping:

-  Make the base spawn points like towns-- no one can attack each other.  And when they leave that safe zone make it so that "invisible boss wall" appears to block them from getting back in (unless they choose to do so via some other method).  This can help alleviate people dancing between the safe & hostile zones, as well as force people to be ready before they venture outside.

- Only allow siege weapons to be built if at least 500m away from the base safe zones (the ones people load into when they zone in from prontera), with exception to the defender's castle and gates.  This is the kind of thing they did in guild wars 2...and it works.

Some general ideas to improve WoE:

Do not show enemy locations on the map every time there is an individual skirmish.  Instead, only display a red dot if there are a SIGNIFICANT amount of skirmishes going on, and even then, 1 red dot in the general vicinity of those fights will suffice. 

Allow people to be ninjas and take people out without being picked up on the map radar.  If an entire raid is engaged in combat, then you can give people a hint of where they are.  This will force more communication and strategy.

-  Force people to have a certain amount of WoE supplies to build ANY and ALL siege weapons.  Please don't require a huge zeny price, as that won't reward strategy or skill. 

I don't mean to mention guild wars again (I know this isn't guild wars), BUT, in that game, they have it so players can only hold a limited amount of supplies, and then must use those supplies to create any weapon blueprints they have.  An individual player CANNOT complete a siege weapon all by himself-- in that game it required at least 2 people to use all their supplies in order to fully build one. 

I prefer this because it forces more strategy and will also force defenders to rotate who gets the WoE supply boxes in order to build more siege weapons.  People will have to stop defending to get more, and it will allow gaps where attackers actually have hopes of breaking in there without depending on a 100 player zerg.

-  Create a universal limit to the amount of siege weapons and barricades each guild can have active on the field at one time.

I don't know what this number should be, but if you do that you won't see 1000 barricades surrounded by 1000 cannons anymore.  You can allow guilds to constantly create siege weapons (and barriers) as they are destroyed, but they need a hard limit as to how many can be on the field at once(Perhaps make it 2 different limits, one for barricades and one for weapons).

I think if that's combined with the idea you have about "Siege hp deterioration when un-manned", you will make a lot of players happy.  It will force people to only use siege weapons when they feel it's necessary, and they won't want to leave that weapon because it will force them to get more supplies to rebuild it.  This will force people to make tough choices as to whether or not they should move somewhere else or stay holding the weapon the entire time.

That's just off the top of my head so far

Edited by xxalucard, 14 July 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#7 ChoSanzoku

ChoSanzoku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hmmm...I don't necessarily agree on 500BP gain/loss per kill/death. Sure, it's a pretty fair amount but I think 1%/0.5% gain/loss per kill/death would be better because of how limited 500 sounds. 

Let's look at it this way:

If we want to get a Colosseum Top, which is about 500k BP, that's about 1000 kills assuming you don't die and join Colosseum. Next, we take into account of the total BP for the full Colo set, that's about 20,000 kills (again without death and Colosseum). Even with Colosseum. it still requires a ridiculous amount of player killing.
**Unless the monsters we kill yield us a fair amount with a decent spawn rate**

My suggestion if we keep the percentage gain/loss:
Maybe put like a kill streak system? A player on a kill streak would gain a little bit less and upon death, grant a bit more than normal (of course losing a bit more too). A player on a death streak would lose a bit less and gain a little bonus for getting a kill thus ending the streak and return to normal status. 

#8 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:NA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Loosing blood points on woe is un necessary, you are just killing the game, the reason people go to woe is to get point not loose it. and please remove the cannons that 1 hit people its not fun seriously. If you want the woe enjoyable you should play it fair for  the people who is not currently have the colo gears and weapon . Make it simple fun and enjoyable by not creating too many crappy rules

#9 SuperBeef

SuperBeef

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

Loosing blood points on woe is un necessary, you are just killing the game, the reason people go to woe is to get point not loose it. and please remove the cannons that 1 hit people its not fun seriously. If you want the woe enjoyable you should play it fair for  the people who is not currently have the colo gears and weapon . Make it simple fun and enjoyable by not creating too many crappy rules

I will second that. The blood point loss discourages smaller guilds to even participate in WOE. The way WOE is implemented now with all these machines and siege weapons is completely different from the widely advertised "player vs player" environment. Player vs Machines does not equate to Player vs Player at all.

#10 Astral05

Astral05

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

^

#11 Kaltrun

Kaltrun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

If you are gonna place a bleed effect on the siege engines, I think the barricades should get those too. It'll make it so we have to maintain it to keep them up.

#12 Wuhh

Wuhh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

1.Blood Points

a. Right now, blood points lost is significantly high since it is by a percentage.

i. Solution is to make the BP loss a fixed number, perhaps to 500/500 BP earned/lost. Players with less than 500 don't give or take any BP until they earn at least 500 BP. 

Fixed number is not bad, but has some flaws that way. If someone falls under 500 BP from dying during one siege, he cannot gain any more BP until he visited colo again. So what would be the point for him to keep playing midway through, if that happens?

Players with less than 500 should still give/take BP, but far less.

For example:

- below 500 you give/take 100 BP

- below 100 you give/take 20 BP

- below 20 you give/take 5 BP (even if you have no BP left)

5 BP for killing a player without any BP wouldn't really be something you could exploit to farm on.

#13 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:21 AM

On BP Loss:

1)  Please DO NOT USE A FIXED PERCENTAGE OF YOUR CURRENT BP!  If I have 1 mil BP on me, because, lets say, I'm paranoid and saving up for future tiers of Colo gear, 1% of BP lost is 10k bp.  I might as well never go into WoE with a price like that, as I'll never gain that bp back until I go into colo again.  Using fixed percentages assumes that players have no BP to lose, because the more they have the more they have to risk-- this is unfair.

2)  People do not need to gain/lose blood points on death.  WoE is only for an hour at a time when it takes place-- it's enough of a punishment to have to respawn somewhere far away.  In (I know you're gonna hate this) Guild Wars, when you die you are forced to spawn wayyy back at the base camp where you first entered the map.  This alone was a pretty huge punishment, as it meant you had to walk allllll the way back to where you were, which took time.

3)  Rewarding bloodpoints for dailies and certain "accomplishments" (Such as destroying a gate, killing certain monsters/boss monsters, killing a certain number of players, building a certain amount of siege weapons (with a CD as to when they can get the reward again) ), is MUCH more appealing than losing/gaining a pitiful amount of bloodpoints through kills or deaths. 

Stop trying to force what was a bad idea in the first place to become reality.  The only thing you will get out of a constant PvP zone that offers a REASONABLE amount of BP per kill is people exploiting it to farm BP.  The only thing you will get out of a mediocre/pitiful amount of BP gained or lost on player kills is a headache (what's the point?).  The punishment and reward for killing players should not be BP, as this is part of the whole idea of WoE in the first place in order to try and take control of a castle.  We do not need a crappy BP gain that will barely affect us in order to have motivation.

(In short, use other methods to gain BP, eliminate LOSING BP ON DEATH altogether, and come up with alternatives that are more realistic and reasonable.)

#14 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:42 AM

Hey everyone, 

We have gathered all the thoughts, concerns, and suggestions you have posted and put them all in one neat document to be presented to the devs. We figured since you guys helped us put it together, we will share the outline with you. Remember that this is a shortened version. The longer version is exactly that, much longer. :)

Also note that these are not patch notes, which means they are not actual fixes or changes to the game. These are only the suggestions and changes that have been compiled from the community so far. 

War of Emperium Changes

1.Blood Points

2.Siege Items
a.  Currently, players can buy a lot of siege items at a time of all types, excluding WoE Supplies that have a 10 item limit. This has caused players to layer the ground with all types of siege items, making the WoE map very difficult. There are a couple of suggested fixes for this.
i.  Apply a cooldown for siege items, including Mercenary Kafra.
ii. Another option would be to apply an item limit to the siege items that can be carried in bags.
iii. Players are reporting that If they are killed by siege items, that they are losing Blood Points. Players who use siege items to kill another player are not rewarded with any Blood Points. Siege items should not give or take Blood Points to players if they are used, since it is significantly easier to kill players with siege items than using normal class skills.
iv. Applying a casting time to the Mercenary Kafra can make better balance the extra spawning points.
v. Barricades require one WoE Supplies to create. More Supplies should be needed to create each.
vi. Ghost Palanquin is hiding all siege items, including barricades. The only time a siege item shows up that is under the effect of Ghost Palanquin is when they fire. Having siege items show up when fired while under the effect of Ghost Palanquin is fine, but barricades should always be visible.
vii. Catapults cannot attack players who are within a certain range of the Catapult. This should be applied to all siege items that are stationary.
viii. An extra idea: If a siege weapon does not have a player inside of it, the HP of the item should slowly deteriorate until the siege weapon is destroyed over time. When a player goes into the siege weapon and uses it, it should stop the “Siege Bleed” effect. This will give a timer to the siege weapons, and will force players to actively use them instead of just laying them out all over the map.

3.Gate HP
a. Gate HP should be less.
b. Increase the amount of HP the WoE Supplies can give to a gate from defenders to compensate for the Gate HP being lowered. This means that attackers will have to focus on killing defenders who are supplying the gate with HP first before attacking the Gate.

4.Players being killed at the entrance
a. One of the large complaints from the players is that they do not have a chance when they load into the zone because they are being killed by other players and siege weapons that are targeting the entrance area and killing them before they have a chance to move.
i. One solution would be to provide a timed buff that makes the players who enter into Base 1 or Base 2 will be invincible to all attacks. 
ii. Another solution would be to provide a zone at the entrance where it is difficult or impossible for players or siege items to attack. 
iii. We should remove the ability to spawn siege items on top of the entrance. This means that barricades cannot be placed over the NPC.

5.Tax System
a.  Currently, the tax guilds receive when they own WoE has a zeny limit of 100z before the Guild Leader has to remove the 100z from the Guild Manager and deposit it into their Guild Bank. The Guild Bank is only attainable at Guild Rank 20, and the zeny limit for Guild Bank is 200z. 
i.Tax Solution: Increase the zeny limits of both the Tax and Guild Banks. The WoE tax should not have a limit to the zeny that can be accumulated.
ii. Guild Bank Solution: Low level guilds don’t have access to the Guild Bank, and do not have an interest to participate in WoE if all they receive is the Occupation Buff. They want access to the zeny tax as well. Re-arranging Guild skills may help this.

6.WoE Dailies
a. The bosses for the WoE dailies that are required to complete need to respawn quicker. 

8.Additional Notes
a.  Currently, there are unofficial alliances. We don't want to take this away, but at the same time don't want this to skew WoE gameplay.

Where's point 7? :p_idea: Was it eaten by a panda? :p_laugh:

Anyway, to point 1, I'll quote myself from a different topic:

Supposedly, this is how it's supposed to work in Colo.

Killing a player: +100 points
Killing a mob = +25 pts
Death = -50 pts

Got that from here: http://guidescroll.c...d-points-guide/

If that's the case of how it actually works in IRO2, then I have a few suggestions...

Why not 1000 points for killing a player, 250 points for killing a monster, and a loss of 500 points for every death? Reasoning behind this is there are many more people in WoE that are working together to take out everyone, so it should definitely give more than Colo.

Even better, why not make it exactly like Colo? I'm not 100% certain of how WoE works in RO2 since I've not tried it yet, but I'm suggesting that the points are calculated at the END of WoE, and that you're not actually losing points from your total you had before entering WoE, rather, from the total cumulative amount you earned DURING WOE THAT ROUND, like Colo... You lose points from your total (which can end at zero eventually), and make the lowest zero. I'm not sure if you can actually HAVE negative BP, but it shouldn't be possible. It's illogical.

Basically, if someone starts with 1,000,000BP, they can leave with 1,000,000 BP even if they died 10,000 times, or they could leave with 2,000,000BP if they made 1,000 kills (and didn't die, which isn't likely, but just trying to explain my point).

The current system makes you lose far more than you gain, which will turn away anyone, especially anyone who isn't level 50.

Basically, I don't agree in having loss and gain the same, to be honest. I also don't agree in a percent system because at 1,000,000BP, 1% is 10,000 per kill. That's a hefty gain and a bit unfair for someone who has 100,000 and is only getting 1,000 per kill. What about someone who only has 50,000? 20,000? 10,000? 5,000? I don't agree with percentage suggestions at all.

I do like the suggestion of sharing it within a party/raid for support classes, though, as long as everyone still gets a set number (1,000, for example). A party of 10 people with 1,000 points divided among them is obviously 100 points a person, which isn't much, per kill, really.

Pertaining to that matter, I also think the size of the party/raid should be extended to 15+ in WoE (20 would be great, honestly). In a VOIP, you could have 5 chat groups of 20 people formed. It's easier to manage than 20 groups of 5, or 10 groups of 10.

Keeping in mind what I just said, along with everything you've said, I'm going to quote something else I've said in another topic:

Sounds more like it's WoE FE quite honestly, where you just did nothing but spammed skills so people couldn't get to the EMP Room.

Most people want WoE SE, where it's Guild Versus Guild.

What's the party limit in WoE? Still only 5? It should be boosted to at least 10 if it's only 5. It would make more sense that way.

Party members should not be able to attack each other, regardless of the guild they're in. That alone would be nice, regardless of Alliance implementation or not. It was that way in RO1.

There should be a 5-10 second immunity when you walk in the door, until you attack, or use a skill/item. Walking should not cancel that immunity. There was an immunity in RO1 that was canceled if you moved, used a skill, attacked, or used an item.

They need to seriously talk to the players a little more. It would cut down on the complaints after such an implementation. If they ask us what we want, we'll GLADLY tell them. Right now, we're the ones playing the game, so we should be asked when it's something this major, in my opinion anyway, ESPECIALLY if it appears like they're clueless about what we will, and will not, enjoy.

Right now, though, WoE is missing a few things that actually made it what it was in RO1... Devotion, Land Protector, Ganbantein, and Dispell skills. They're currently nonexistent in IRO2. They might be in the future, but right now, it feels like WoE is more just, "First one to set up camp is the winner." That's not skill, that's luck, and honestly, it's a bit dishonorable.

As for dispelling buffs upon entry, quite honestly, it might be a bad idea, considering you could buff up before entering WoE in RO1. It's WoE, not Battlegrounds (although, speaking of, we need Battlegrounds, too)... :p_swt:

For reference, the time-stamp in the above quote is wrong, but it's probably because I copied it from a locked topic or something. :p_swt:

As for what you said about alliances... Official alliances will make it even harder for smaller guilds, but unofficial ones do that now. However, honestly allowing a larger party system and making it so you can't attack your party members regardless of the guild the party members are in, would allow small alliances.

Even better, allowing guilds under 50 people to form official alliances (ones where you couldn't hurt each other under such alliances). Each guild could have up to 2 alliances. It wouldn't be too bad, considering people with 100+ are already having unofficial alliances. At least those people would be put at the disadvantage of accidentally hurting/killing an allied guild because it's not official, whereas the smaller guilds with official alliances wouldn't have that problem.

#15 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:19 AM

With regards to blood points, how about 0% loss and gain when you kill someone, but when a party takes over a point, that party gets a significant amount of points. And if you take over the castle, a huge amount for the party/raid that took over castle with 10% of that distributed to other members of that guild that participated.

Farming monsters for BP? I don't care about that. My suggestion is aimed to discourage spawn campers from farming BP off people, help people who want to participate in WoE to participate without worries of loss of BP, and give an incentive for groups to take over points other than for buffs. The BP from castle takeover is just a nice bonus for the guild and raid/party that managed to capture it. While not everyone can capture the castle, every guild with sufficient numbers and power should be able to at least kill some guardians and capture points.

This.

I just want to play WoE and I want everyone to play too without fear of losing anything. It will make the game way more fun and probably less spawn camping by others for the sake of getting BP. This puts the idea of WoE is all about in focus and also fixes any issues with FS priests or any other support class not wanting to participate due to being unable to really gain anything. We can focus on taking the castle or helping to defend it without worry that everything you've earned before is going to all go to pot. I guarantee a LOT more people will play if you do this.

Make it happen!

#16 otrit

otrit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

no alliance?

#17 Crow

Crow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:01 AM

Point 2 and point 4 are the most urgent ones. However as far as siege weapons are concerned I found Fold's suggestion more appealing ( http://forums.warppo...oe-suggestions/ ). Even with cooldown and max 1 item per player current siege weapons would likely need rebalancing.

Edited by Crow, 15 July 2013 - 05:01 AM.

#18 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:14 AM

idk..man..people are just whining because they are not use to a fast-pace environment and were expecting a PVP guild vs guild mechanic. 

Im currently doing some test runs on which options are better to get past the front lines and i have to zero issues sneaking past them now.

some of the defending players are just terrible at setting up barricades.

collision and ice have something other guilds don't have...that is quick co-ordination and organization.

these changes should be put on hold until test woe is finished...what if people were to eventually get use to the mechanic and become able to siege properly?

#19 starfire1234

starfire1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:14 AM

Can we also address the WoE buffs. I have seen people with 20k hp. 

#20 CyanST

CyanST

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

Sugestions.

- The time from where the Mark on the floor from cat or cannon fire to when the shell actually lands its way too short, the moment you see it, if you dont have a speed up buff, your chances of getting out of it are close to 0%.

- Siege engines rate of fire should be Slower.

- Like mentioned before, reduce the damage output of the siege engines.

Edited by CyanST, 15 July 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#21 Kalamithy

Kalamithy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMadrid

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

WoE is all about guild strategy and it's complety doable right now, please don't make WoE so easy

#22 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

WoE is all about guild strategy and it's complety doable right now, please don't make WoE so easy

How would limiting things make WoE easier?   If anything this would make it harder...

#23 Gigalink

Gigalink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

JUST REMOVE THE BP POINTS GAIN AND LOSE AND LET US FOCUS ON WOE SIEGE ONLY SO EVERYONE HAS NO FEAR OF JOINING THE WOE. AGREE ? AND ALSO DISABLE ALL CANONS CATAPULTS ETC.

Edited by Gigalink, 15 July 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#24 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Honestly, I think the BP system in WoE should be more based off of what Colo already has. I believe I've said that somewhere. :p_laugh:

Like, a total gained at the end of WoE based on both kills and supportive roles (healing, buffing, and defending, such as repairing barricades). The total would be based somewhat around how points are gained/lost in Colo, but, like Colo, ZERO POINTS WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM OUR CURRENT TOTAL. This means if we come in with 1,000,000 points, even if we die a lot, and don't make a single kill, we can leave with the same amount of points.

However, even without implementing the above system, there should be a limit on how many times you can gain points from someone in a certain amount of time. People farm-killed their own duel-clients in RO1, as well as their friends. You can do the same here, if there isn't a deduction of points that eventually stops. I'm pretty sure that's why points are deducted in the first place. People can still host two accounts on two computers (which is currently allowed by RO2) and farm that way, and quite honestly, there needs to be a system in place to prevent such things from happening because of that. You shouldn't be allowed to continuously farm points from the same person/people, and that's probably why there's a loss system as well as a gain system. You can't exactly limit people to one IP either, because that would disallow couples and friends to play together, so there needs to be some form of system in place that can actually limit the amount of times you can farm-kill a person directly.

Again, I honestly think a system similar to Colo (albeit boosted a bunch because WoE has more people and is GVG, but KSing is bound to happen still). I also think that there should be points based on damage dealt as well as points made when there's a kill.

I also agree that there should be bonus points given for taking an area that is divided either among your party/raid, or among the whole guild currently on the WoE map.

I miss WoE SE from RO1. It was fast-paced and fun. You actually had to think for yourself and work together at the exact same time, because everything was literally unpredictable, especially with the higher guild limits that some private servers had. There were GVGs and there were individual PVPs happening simultaneously at times. That's what WoE should be here. Something that gets your brain working and your heart racing. :p_smile:

#25 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

now they need to do something about two guilds exchanging emp kills. 

the current state of WoE has too many flaws and abuses..

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users