Okay, lets hear from other guilds... - War of Emperium - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Okay, lets hear from other guilds...

40 replies to this topic

#1 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:58 AM

Lets hear experiences about WoE from players who are not with these 4 guilds, FairyTail, Exodus, Collision, or IcE. Explain how you expected WoE to be, how you feel of the current state of WoE, and what changes you feel would be best to creating an event that will make Ro2 shine. Declare your guild so we know who you are from please.

Njoror, Zanbee, other mods, please check and make sure the rules are followed with these 4 guilds. This is my one and only post, the rest I will read and hopefully the mods will also, take notes and change this game for the better.

...Begin!...

Edited by XionArcadia, 15 July 2013 - 06:58 AM.

#2 MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

I was formerly a member of BOSS guild, and we attempted 2 or 3 WoEs. The result? None of us could get 10m from spawn and were dying like flies. Were we undergeared? Answer: only one person was. After our last WoE in Boss guild, our guild leader decided that the only way we would have even a HOPE of surviving past spawn in WoE would be to merge with a larger guild. Note my words, surviving past spawn. Not taking down a door or taking down an emp, just plain getting out of spawn.

Yes, I may be currently a member of Exodus, but I'm not fond of the fact that smaller guilds feel insane pressure to merge just to have a chance at surviving WoE. It's not fair to people who prefer being in smaller guilds. It makes no sense that small guilds were able to survive in RO1's WoE but in this one you can't even get past spawn.

Also, to the naysayers who insist that this is RO2, and our WoE should be different, some of us migrated from RO1 and can't help comparing the WoEs. It's got the same name, after all.

#3 SaraLeah

SaraLeah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Location3rd Rock from Sol
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

most did not bother at start and many wont bother at all at this time.

first two days =

a few did try when there was no assault on and decided that the portal/spawn camping was not worth the trouble after several (6+ both days) attempts since their purpose was just to look around the new map.

after the hoopla and it slowed down some? =

two actually made it into the interior and said it was still not worth the effort due to loss/gain ratios. these were fully geared well skilled players.

my impressions are only from forums, public chat and guild chat =

why bother even with full refund you are still just feeding a bunch of lamers bp/kp that they get to keep putting them that much further ahead of you.

#4 snakeraver

snakeraver

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

I've gone in a few times during WoE times and few times when it wasn't running.  I'm with CobaltBlue.  We had initially had an alliance going with a couple other guilds, but that quickly meant nothing in the field with pure red names.  No big surprise there, I'll worry more about allies later when they are official.  Overall I've had no fun and have been crushed by how the system works.  I don't mind the pre-cast spawn farming.  That's par for RO WoE from what I remember.  It's the loss of points vs. gain that really murders me.  There should be static values or a loss cap imo. 

I didn't stick around long when WoE was on (no point to enter when I lose points on spawn), but when it was off I was in there running around being silly killing singles/pairs.  I'd get 50-75 points for kills, and lose 1k.  After going 7 kills/2 deaths in one session I was down 1.8k.  Not a lot of reason to pvp until I've bought my last piece of colo since it'll only ever set me back.

#5 SuperBeef

SuperBeef

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

I was formerly a member of BOSS guild, and we attempted 2 or 3 WoEs. The result? None of us could get 10m from spawn and were dying like flies. Were we undergeared? Answer: only one person was. After our last WoE in Boss guild, our guild leader decided that the only way we would have even a HOPE of surviving past spawn in WoE would be to merge with a larger guild. Note my words, surviving past spawn. Not taking down a door or taking down an emp, just plain getting out of spawn.

Yes, I may be currently a member of Exodus, but I'm not fond of the fact that smaller guilds feel insane pressure to merge just to have a chance at surviving WoE. It's not fair to people who prefer being in smaller guilds. It makes no sense that small guilds were able to survive in RO1's WoE but in this one you can't even get past spawn.

Also, to the naysayers who insist that this is RO2, and our WoE should be different, some of us migrated from RO1 and can't help comparing the WoEs. It's got the same name, after all.

This is exactly what I said in an earlier post. It is a shame that some members in the community wants all those that adored RO1's WOE to move back to it since they like the totally skewed WOE that RO2 has currently. RO2 being the "sequel" to RO1 should have its foundation built on RO1. WOE made RO1 successful and its game mechanics should definitely be carried over into RO2 instead of: 

a boring one way dungeon to 1 castle,  dungeon with one dumb choke point, unlimited cannon/catapult barrages, barricades machine fest.

I geared my character to take on other characters, not to fight through bulls*** machines that can instantly kill me in 1 shot. Yes, I may use protection stones, but that is as boring as hell. PvP please, not Man vs Machine<<<<I can easily enjoy watching Terminator.

Edited by SuperBeef, 15 July 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#6 ymfx

ymfx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'm in a small guild.

I think a great idea will be increasing the number of fortresses. 

The small guilds currently dont even stand a chance

e.g.

Prontera fortress for guilds with 40 members in party ( 2 raids)

South Plain fortress for guilds with 20 or less members (1 raid)

#7 Cerellia

Cerellia

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Server:The only server.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Just ran WoE today. I am from |<3|

Pretty laggy for me, but the actual experience was mostly death. Id see AoE's for the catapults or w.e and be outside the aoe and be dead.

Most of it was just trying to get inside to the door, which happened but we never got farther. I was never killed by an actual player, only seige weapons. Being a priest, it was hard to keep myself alive let alone my guildies.

The main changes I would love to see is changes in the seige items. I understand this is not Ro1. Removing seige items probably is frowed upon. These things have most likely been said/stated before but I will just be one more person to emphasize what others want for woe. So how about cool downs on the items? Maybe having a limit on how many one can be set up by a specific player. Even changing it to status effects, like being slowed down,poison,friendly fire, etc.

I would love to see it based more on player skills, rather than how fast one can put up a defensive barracade or a catapult. Every player has worked hard to gear up their characters. Im sure no one wants to fight a barracade in woe to test their strength.

Edited by Cerellia, 15 July 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#8 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:NA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

well my experience is very bloody I die so many times in the gate and because I am so eager to see what's inside the woe I spend a spinnel and another siege weapon hits me. I did not even make it to the hills. They said if you want to pass those siege weapon you need 7k hp which s very unrealistic if they want a lot of players to join the woe. This is not the kind of environment that anyone will enjoy to play. For some reason I did not get it how come the guilds who go the castle spam every inch of the land of siege weapon its so un realistic you go to another game they limit the spot that u can build siege weapons and barricade. When I go inside the castle finnaly I see a lot of barricades inside and mobs that hit like a truck. The experience is really bad.

#9 Alvana

Alvana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

I am so eager to see what's inside the woe I spend a spinnel and another siege weapon hits me.

I lol'd.

Edited by Alvana, 15 July 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#10 intel1

intel1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

go in lag 20 second delay, die, over and over, gg im out of this -_- hole.

#11 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

I die so many times in the gate and because I am so eager to see what's inside the woe I spend a spinnel and another siege weapon hits me

I lol'd.

Lets see what Billy has to say about the War of Emperium:

YKFCQwy.jpg

Edited by Fold, 16 July 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#12 Bachelors

Bachelors

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

lol nvm .

i love fold

Edited by Bachelors, 16 July 2013 - 12:42 AM.

#13 Confuddle01

Confuddle01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGangnam, Seoul
  • Server:IcE Nerdmaster

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

+10

#14 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

There simply aren't enough internets to give to Fold.

#15 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

Guys, if you are a member of those 4 guilds, you are not allowed to post, only observe.

The picture was amusing though.

Edited by XionArcadia, 16 July 2013 - 03:20 AM.

#16 Guest_VolunteerMod12_*

Guest_VolunteerMod12_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:23 AM

Please try to refrain from the name-calling. You can get your point across without being intentionally hurtful to one another. 

That being said, you can't ban people from posting in a topic on a public forum. You can, however, calmly request they give others a chance to speak. 

#17 Confuddle01

Confuddle01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGangnam, Seoul

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

Nono, forum members can dictate if others are allowed to post in their threads or not.

This is a rule, dictated by the bible.

XionArcadia, you are not allowed to post in this topic.  Mods, please enforce this rule.  You are my slaves.

Edited by Confuddle01, 16 July 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#18 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:06 AM

This is only showing how IcE and collision refuse to hear what other guilds have to say without constantly attacking them. Many guilds want change and balance, but when the game dies off in a few months, the gms will scratch their heads and ask why. I gave a chance for other guilds to speak up without having influences from either side. Tis a shame.

#19 Confuddle01

Confuddle01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGangnam, Seoul

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:14 AM

I voted your post +1 as it provided lots of value, and showed that we were somehow influencing other people's opinions of WoE by posting a piece of art, as well as outlined the fact that IcE and Collision were somehow attacking you.

+1

Edited by Confuddle01, 16 July 2013 - 05:14 AM.

#20 Dealwithitdude

Dealwithitdude

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

So uh, why is Fairy Tail in that list? Its not like they are participating in WoE. You cant give constructive feedback if you don't experience it.

Not to flame Fairy Tail or anything, but XionArcadia is making it out that you guys are a bunch of whiners. All he does is complain how unbalance, unfair etc etc WoE is. Is this how your guild is suppose to be? Or is it just him?

#21 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

This thread. I like it.

#22 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

I want to make helpful comments but since I'm in one of those top guilds it wouldn't be helpful. I like the picture though. It was purrty.

#23 Crow

Crow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

First WoE ever was quite fun. Noone took castle, but battles were interesting, siege engines were limited and precast was bearable. Few WoEs I tried after that was dying before game loads on entrance. Now, I am all for making a combined effort to break precast, but if you spawn dead you can't really contribute. After that my guild decided to stop WoEing.

#24 vkleon

vkleon

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

First WoE ever was quite fun. Noone took castle, but battles were interesting, siege engines were limited and precast was bearable. Few WoEs I tried after that was dying before game loads on entrance. Now, I am all for making a combined effort to break precast, but if you spawn dead you can't really contribute. After that my guild decided to stop WoEing.

Lol you are not alone.... our guild too has decided to stop WOE-ing completely till God knows when ...... the saddest part is people just decided to quit the game also, some said temporary leave but never see their traces anymore >.< ......

so sad ..... everyone was so pumped up when the woe was announced and just decided to quit after few days of test ... should give more time for the GM to do something

#25 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

Hope someone answers that phone.... Because I CALLED IT!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users