Okay, lets hear from other guilds... - Page 2 - War of Emperium - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Okay, lets hear from other guilds...

40 replies to this topic

#26 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Locationbottom of a bottle
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

coming from Ro1 as a hardcore player and Ro1s WoE i was hoping WoE to be much like that, guild v guild.  3v3 if you had allies you had no cannons only your guild and 4 Guards to hold a castle you didnt need cheap tricks like cannons to help you. SO RO2 first time my guild/i went into the WoE map all we saw was cannons raining down on us/other guilds going in not only that but (sum guilds) camping the warp in points so not only do we have cannons/ aoes ripping us to shreds most of the time my members loaded in DEAD super lag. at one point i told my members not to go in any more like other guilds did cus all we were is feeding (bloodpoints) to the camping guilds. so how do i feel about woe in Ro2? i think it needs a work over big time nix the cannons and all the other cheap crap add 20sec buffs for anyone warping in add at lest 2-4 more warp in points there is so much reworking you need to do and ive typed enough in short Ro2s WoE sucks my hope of a fun WoE was killed
SephySama Paranoia Guild Leader

#27 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

No point going to WoE if my guild isn't fully Colo geared.

Even after the fixes planned I doubt WoE will have that many smaller or newer guilds enter.

#28 Pooksie

Pooksie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

I went for the first time today, and well. Its terrible. I have no words to describe how bad it was. 
:sob: 

I had some hope for this part of the game, woosh straight out the window.  :pif:

#29 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationProbably at work.
  • Server:Odin Ch.5/7/11 (RO2)

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

I entered WoE today. Barely dodged a random catapult-marker at the base entrance . . .  barely slipped by the massive amount of people fighting at the first gate . . . . barely found a [Safe Spot] to watch the event. In summary, its pretty [difficult] to get past all the random carnage. Don't get me wrong though, [random carnage] should be present in a "war" and mass killing as well. [solo surveyors] and [small guilds] have it tough, trust [my horrible, yet exciting experience].

Ps: I noticed someone in that map taking my "bracketed speech" and using it for him/herself . . . . seriously?

Edit: I tried WoE again, found myself against half-lifers, that skill . . .

Edited by Shouichirou, 16 July 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#30 Appewz

Appewz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

WoE has so far been disappointing for myself and others in my guild, <3. However, I am optimistic these issues can be remedied. 

The limitless siege equipment is where I think the biggest issue is. While I do believe there is a place for them, they take too much away from the players themselves. I think this is evident from the results of the last couple WoEs, in which guilds were instructed to refrain from using siege gear up until the first gate. There was some quality PvP going on, which I would argue was not the case for the WoEs prior.

Spawn camping, and I may be in the minority here considering my own allegiances, if fine, but NOT with siege gear. I can get over a group of people from guild X camping an entrance; most PvP-based games have some form of spawn camping, however annoying, frustrating, etc., it may be. That's where having an active/large guild and/or alliances comes into play. However when you factor in the siege weapons, I feel it definitely gets ridiculous. 

In short, I believe a vast nerf to siege equipment should take priority. I think many would agree if I say that I would rather lose as a result of a zerg than siege spam. Until any limitations/nerfs take place, I don't think too many players/guilds will want to continue participating.

Edited by Appewz, 16 July 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#31 Crow

Crow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

No point going to WoE if my guild isn't fully Colo geared.

Gear makes no difference in WoE, you get 1-shot by siege equips anyway.

Spawn camping, and I may be in the minority here considering my own allegiances, if fine, but NOT with siege gear. I can get over a group of people from guild X camping an entrance; most PvP-based games have some form of spawn camping, however annoying, frustrating, etc., it may be. That's where having an active/large guild and/or alliances comes into play. However when you factor in the siege weapons, I feel it definitely gets ridiculous. 

Big problem here is implementation how people are spawning. Right now 9 times out of 10 you spawn, run few meters trying to cast at least one skill, get an error message and learn, that you have spawned dead. RO1 had few second invulnerability after spawning to address this. Here people are able to kill you before map loads. Siege engines add to this (even with very slow rate of fire it has many many seconds to kill you before you are able to react after spawning), but even without siege engines it will be frustrating to spawn dead due to focus fire of defending players.

#32 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

I entered WoE today. Barely dodged a random catapult-marker at the base entrance . . .  barely slipped by the massive amount of people fighting at the first gate . . . . barely found a [Safe Spot] to watch the event. In summary, its pretty [difficult] to get past all the random carnage. Don't get me wrong though, [random carnage] should be present in a "war" and mass killing as well. [solo surveyors] and [small guilds] have it tough, trust [my horrible, yet exciting experience].

Ps: I noticed someone in that map taking my "bracketed speech" and using it for him/herself . . . . seriously?

I don't want to have to call out on your [BS] but a [man] should really be more [honest] about where their [loyalties] lie.  

Especially when there was an [aforementioned] new name on my [friend list] whom I had [never seen before] replacing someone I thought I [knew].

It's cool if you want to roll with [Collision] and continue enjoying a [comfortable spot] in the castle's defenses, I don't take [offense] to that.  But I do have a [problem] with [bold faced lies].

#33 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

Again... No "muscles"... LuBu must be pissed. :p_omg:

Edited by XionArcadia, 17 July 2013 - 08:04 AM.

#34 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Locationbottom of a bottle
  • Server:Loki

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

this game man, this game................ FAILS, lest Ro1 has super fun WoEs

#35 Kaltrun

Kaltrun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

I entered WoE today. Barely dodged a random catapult-marker at the base entrance . . . barely slipped by the massive amount of people fighting at the first gate . . . . barely found a [Safe Spot] to watch the event. In summary, its pretty [difficult] to get past all the random carnage. Don't get me wrong though, [random carnage] should be present in a "war" and mass killing as well. [solo surveyors] and [small guilds] have it tough, trust [my horrible, yet exciting experience].

I noticed you kept mentioning "I", "myself". Where are your guild mates? You cant enter a war by yourself and expect to not get killed easily. To experience WoE properly you have to get your hands dirty and join in the carnage, not spectate in the sidelines. Be a man! (Queue mulan's be a man song) and enter the fray with your guild.

Edited by Kaltrun, 17 July 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#36 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

I don't want to have to call out on your [BS] but a [man] should really be more [honest] about where their [loyalties] lie.  

Especially when there was an [aforementioned] new name on my [friend list] whom I had [never seen before] replacing someone I thought I [knew].

It's cool if you want to roll with [Collision] and continue enjoying a [comfortable spot] in the castle's defenses, I don't take [offense] to that.  But I do have a [problem] with [bold faced lies].

You don't need to, since it could be seen as both a "lie" and "not a lie".

The new name on your friend list was me quitting the game and giving my character to my younger brother to do w/e he wanted to do with. (reason you'll have to ask me yourself though)

I'm glad that your somewhat okay with that move, I wouldn't take offense to it if was done to me (and it has been done so many times already). But there is a difference from "bold faced lies" and "not asking in the first place". Had you pm'ed "that new name" in-game on even through the forums pm (which I'm somewhat active in), I would have told you the whole story.

Because I know for a fact, it is better to get the "full truth" from the person (or a person involved) themselves rather than to take an "assumption from a third-person source" before making the final call.

I don't mind those words on these forums as a pseudo "yeah, I somewhat know what happened" to everyone reading this thread, I'm cool with it as well. I'm cool with people knowing the somewhat small current tension going along with me for the whole public to read rather than a straight pm, its fine.

Back on topic: Yes, I used "my character" in WoE to see how it goes for both sides. It was rather fun trying to bypass my own brother as well as the defenders. Although some things need to be seriously nerfed as both sides has already pointed out.

Edited by Shouichirou, 17 July 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#37 Arishis

Arishis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

Im from a Small Guild, we just go in ont he Woe maps when isnt  Woe time em try to make o funny gvg game , when dont have camping guild on the spawnig area the pvp map is funny, i try to go to the WoE got HK from the siege weapons

Some suggestions for WoE:

1. More maps PvP and WoE maps so smaller guilds will have more chances to participate in WoE and it will become more competitive and more fun

2..A area at the entrance of the fortress where the pvp is not allowed, many people died in the loading screen because the guilds camping at the entrance 

3. siege tools only  cause damage to other siege tools, so the WoE would be split between two fronts Infantry (players) and artillery (siege tools) and tools can be destroyed by players I think will be more fun and thus limit the number of siege tools for guild

Edited by Arishis, 17 July 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#38 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

It is pretty fun during the off-hours (provided people don't spawn camp the entrances to a huge degree). My own rule of thumb I hope people somewhat abide by are though . . . "If they are only aiming for quests, ignore them" or "If your only aiming for quests, try your best to make it known before they kill you many times". 

#39 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Im from a Small Guild, we just go in ont he Woe maps when isnt  Woe time em try to make o funny gvg game , when dont have camping guild on the spawnig area the pvp map is funny, i try to go to the WoE got HK from the siege weapons

Some suggestions for WoE:

1. More maps PvP and WoE maps so smaller guilds will have more chances to participate in WoE and it will become more competitive and more fun

2.The amount of points earned each kill will be fixed and will be according to the rank of the character.
Example: kill a person  2 ranks above you earn 1000BP
               kill a person  1 rank above you earn 500bp
the same for the deaths greater is  the difference in ranks  point  more you lose
so we will not have cases like today, I killed 3 players won around 50 bp for each kill, died once  lost 1.4k

3.A area at the entrance of the fortress where the pvp is not allowed, many people died in the loading screen because the guilds camping at the entrance 

They posted in the patch notes that its a fixed 400 bp gain/loss. 

#40 Arishis

Arishis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

They posted in the patch notes that its a fixed 400 bp gain/loss. 

My bad, i just give crtl-c in my other post i will change this ^^

Edited by Arishis, 17 July 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#41 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

No worries :D Just to address ur suggestion :) 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users