Attention: GM's will be participating in Woe - War of Emperium - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Attention: GM's will be participating in Woe

27 replies to this topic

#1 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

Attention everyone! GM's will be participating in WoE today at 5pm PDT and tomorrow at 12pm PDT to clear the entrances of siege weapons. This is so attackers will have a better chance in advancing the WoE map. We hope this will encourage more people to participate today and tomorrow!

#2 phillipsjk

phillipsjk

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

How are attackers supposed to break the gates without access to siege weapons?

The defenders interpreted your statement to mean that you would be clearing out spawn-campers.

The attackers interpreted your statement to mean that you would be removing all siege engines present in the first portion of the map.

Now that the defenders know that you will be removing all siege engines in the first portion of the map; they will be moving their defence to the firstsecond wall (first gate). This puts the GM's in a very bad position if their goal is to clear the first portion of the map of siege engines.

Without siege engines, the attackers will not be able to breach the first gate before the hour is up. GM's will be under pressure to break the first gate themselves. If that happens, many of the defenders may decide to give up on the game: much like the demoralized attackers.

What needs to happen is that the attackers learn how to defeat the siege engines; not heavy-handed intervention from the GM's.

PS: I don't actually play the game, but my room-mate is concerned that the server may not last until maintenance (Wednesday evening).

#3 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:NA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

@ Cm Zanbee I really want to participate on woe but the problem is the siege weapons was still there and when u go to the entrance you will just die automatically and the siege weapon I am sure will be everywhere than the players it self. Anyways maybe a lot of people will go there just to see a gam. GOOdluck

#4 Gigalink

Gigalink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:59 AM

GM Entering WOE? For What ? (FACE-PALM) Y BOTHER JOINING? Y NOT FIX ALL YOUR BUGS AND MAGIC UNDERGROUND WORLD FIRST? AND ACTUALLY THE SIEGE WEAPONS IS THE MAIN PROBLEM IN WOE. Goodluck Making Your Game Survive.

#5 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

GMs in woe? Njoror's jokes again???? D: 

I'm pretty sure they mean " wipe out all of collision /ice's barricades" instead of " clear the entrance of seige weapons" :x 

#6 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

It is kind of hard to tell which weapons were whose. 

We'll do better in today's WoE. We are clearing up all siege weapons and barricades up to the first gate. 

#7 ShotsFired

ShotsFired

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

It is kind of hard to tell which weapons were whose. 

We'll do better in today's WoE. We are clearing up all siege weapons and barricades up to the first gate. 

Damn.  I didn't know that you could spawn all the way up to the first gate.  Quality.

The chokes and Base of Advancement are strategic points within the map, I honestly don't know why you have to clear all the way up there.  Perhaps you should give your player base a bit more credit and give them a chance to actually use their brains to come up with strategies on their own to deal with the fortifications that are set up, because it is entirely possible once you know how the seige weapons and barricades balance themselves out.

K264gkP.png

Edited by ShotsFired, 16 July 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#8 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

Update: Collision and IcE have broken their alliance, which means... The GM's will only participate if there is spawn/entrance camping.

#9 2616130505210842213

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

Fail super fail, you just gonna trust them on that one?   How about fix the problem?

That last sentence was rude and inappropriate.

Edited by VolunteerMod11, 24 July 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#10 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Update: Collision and IcE have broken their alliance, which means... The GM's will only participate if there is spawn/entrance camping.

Bullies! Those two weren't even the ones spawn camping LOL

#11 basickdesign

basickdesign

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

It's nice to know that GMs here will go through lengths to bully 2 guilds. Instead of fixing all of the things they broke on the server, they prefer the top players on the server to quit. After Zanbee and her* gang decided it would be fun to just kill everything that belonged to Collision and IcE, I just left WoE. Why bother? The GMs should just assign a guild to hold the castle every day so it'd be more "fair" for everyone on the server.

Edited by VolunteerMod11, 24 July 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#12 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

Congratulations, everybody! Today you learned that if you don't want to use what the game offers to counter strategies in WoE, you can just cry on the forums about not winning and eventually you'll get everything handed to you!

#13 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

Congratulations, everybody! Today you learned that if you don't want to use what the game offers to counter strategies in WoE, you can just cry on the forums about not winning and eventually you'll get everything handed to you!

Handed? I thought collision still holds it. It will be spoon fed half way tho. 

#14 Aristople

Aristople

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

are you stupid. there is no strategy to counter someone who has 20k hp. i know someone who is maxed in costumes [3]headback and effects with guardian who cant even kill an undergeared sorc because he has 20k hp from all the buffs. you whine about unfairness but no one can even get pass the first gate, and u want things to remain the same? how selfish are you. your guild is lucky enough to get emp but if any other guild got it, the same thing would be happening. you literally can have 50 undergear chars holding emp and no one would be able to pass it cause' they have x3 buffs, and have siege engines placed everywhere.

Edited by Aristople, 16 July 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#15 Aristople

Aristople

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

It's nice to know that GMs here will go through lengths to bully 2 guilds. Instead of fixing all of the things they broke on the server, they prefer the top players on the server to quit. After Zanbee and his gang decided it would be fun to just kill everything that belonged to Collision and IcE, I just left WoE. Why bother? The GMs should just assign a guild to hold the castle every day so it'd be more "fair" for everyone on the server.

you're such a hypocrite. your guild are the biggest bullies in the server, and you want things to remain the same; practically every time i enter woe theres someone from your guild talking trash, but all you care about is keeping a castle that gives no rewards rather than making it enjoyable for everyone

Edited by Aristople, 16 July 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#16 basickdesign

basickdesign

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

it's nice to know that people like you require GMs to hold your hand because you don't have the numbers or the skill to think about the seige weapons and come up with strategies. it's not trash talk, it's just the truth.

K264gkP.png

Edited by basickdesign, 16 July 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#17 POWsTER

POWsTER

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

it's nice to know that people like you require GMs to hold your hand because you don't have the numbers or the skill to think about the seige weapons and come up with strategies. it's not trash talk, it's just the truth.

K264gkP.png

It's funny because it is true.

#18 Aristople

Aristople

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

It's funny because it is true.

i dont think anyone was making a joke, but since you and ur guildies suddenly interested in this thread, i must have hit a chord :o

how about letting go of the castle and taking it back and see how ur "numbers" and "strategies" work out LOL

too bad you kno its broken 

Edited by Aristople, 16 July 2013 - 10:28 PM.

#19 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationProbably at work.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin Ch.5/7/11 (RO2)

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

On the plus side. Taking down a Half-Life character (although difficult), is a commendable feat.

#20 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

I personally think Gms attending WoE is like Gms attending Colo. From any point of view its stupid and unfair. Whether its to make the game more balanced or what not. Since everyone's comparing RO2 woe to RO1, if gms attended WoEs there would have been many rage threads and a lot of posts on unfairness. @zanbee, @njoror, Ur just making everyone argue cuz ur logging into Woe. For the guild holding the castle, it is very unfair that u r knocking the castle down along with all the other guilds. I mean they did manage to hold the castle without u knocking on the door right? For anyone who wants to say " but colli and ice were allianced" thats just an invalid statement because their alliances still meant they could kill each other. Just like any other guild alliances. I dont see why people are complaining about the fact that they are overpowered just cuz they're allianced. For everyone else, it may seem fair now because you think some guild shouldnt be able to hold the castle each and every time. Honestly though, how happy would u be if u were the guild to be holding the castle (on any game not just this one) and then the gms come and take it down for someone else? On the side note, I'm glad people are learning how to make use of the seige weapons even tho that just means death to me like 100000x more :p_swt:  

#21 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationChannel 5, Alberta, On top of a Lamp post.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:20 AM

I just think of them as the Tyrant Police.

#22 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:24 AM

LOL ^ Okay * tries to imagine it that way too *

#23 Koltiraa

Koltiraa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

On the plus side. Taking down a Half-Life character (although difficult), is a commendable feat.

when i saw the buffs i laughed; i like lubus idea of woe :3 

#24 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

Problem was solved. People just quit the game. I am sure that is what you wanted all along. Well, have fun in your sand castle. I am sure it won't matter soon when you can fit all the people on the server in a single guild.

#25 Alvana

Alvana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

What I wanted all along was for you to quit the game and the forums, looks like it still hasn't happened.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users