"Tier 2" colosseum gear? - Page 13 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

"Tier 2" colosseum gear?

• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#301 Palizangetsu

Palizangetsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

I think the use of Victory Medals is currently a poor idea right now, Beastmasters and Monks have a lot of trouble winning a Colo. Requiring the use of Victory Medals should be done after they balance Colo. I think the current best idea is T1 + BP and having the ability to turn in Victory Medals for BP or keep them useless till the balancing of Colo is done, it isn't fair to award/punish people just for picking a certain class.

#302 archedemon

archedemon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

If t2 requires t1 to trade and so on I believe there will be NO new players joining us because well, how many bp will they need for their first colo gear?

how long will they take to make their way to get current tier colo gears? not to mention if even medals are required...

I'm just stating out it is so UNFAIR to new players. P.S. whoever using t1 colo, u already got benefit in colo.

The game is already half dead, don't have to kill it sooner...

Progression. Not* all new content caters to new players, especially tier content, it comes in succession, not just you're level 50, now you can do everything you want without any bars. Otherwise the progression system gets sloppy in both the pvp and pve aspect.

Edited by archedemon, 05 August 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#303 Palizangetsu

Palizangetsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

If t2 requires t1 to trade and so on I believe there will be NO new players joining us because well, how many bp will they need for their first colo gear?

how long will they take to make their way to get current tier colo gears? not to mention if even medals are required...

I'm just stating out it is so UNFAIR to new players. P.S. whoever using t1 colo, u already got benefit in colo.

The game is already half dead, don't have to kill it sooner...

They will need the same BP as Tier 1 costs how is this not fair? They grab Tier 1 which helps them get BP faster and then when they have the BP to upgrade they do so not sure how that is unfair it actually helps them earn BP fast then sitting on BP waiting for tier 2

#304 6299130505154003263

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Dont try and make me post my medals

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

i can show u what u all want to see:

t2=t1+30%BP(difference in the price) ? ok lets see

its all theorycraft, but.. it way u want to see

t2   910

t3   1.183

t4   1.537

t5   1.998

t6   2.597

t7   3.376

t8   4.388

t9   5.704

t10 7.415

soo newcomer need farm for t10 single item in future 7,4 mill, when other can buy it only for 1,7 ? and its not too much for active players

really ppl u all blind and braindead ? really no 1 of u can see that deadend way ?

Being serious here. Do you honestly expect this game to live long enough to even have something beyond T2?

#305 8729130607033955267

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Being serious here. Do you honestly expect this game to live long enough to even have something beyond T2?

nope, i think that game die in 2-3 month, but thats not a reason to going wrong way... coz as if developers there is nothing not to learn, then next time we see she same sh1t from same ppl

#306 dorgun

dorgun

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

fix'd

Please, could you clarify your statement, I don't get how pvp progression is messed up when there is only 1 tier of pvp equipment. On the other hand, with colo equipment it is possible skipping rhd-pve tier1-pve tier2 equipment.

If colo gear were bad pve wise I would bet that the number of colo players would a lot of less than it is now.

I am not expecting a change on it, this late. However, I wanted to point out that it was a very bad idea from the very beginning.

#307 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

Meaning i would rather have superior gear from pvping instead of pveing. I think it would be a bad idea if pve gave the better gear so it's fine as is.

#308 dorgun

dorgun

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Meaning i would rather have superior gear from pvping instead of pveing. I think it would be a bad idea if pve gave the better gear so it's fine as is.

In wow, pvp gear was about burst dmg and resiliance(resistance to burst dmg) which in pve was sub optimal. Therefore, people used pve gear for pve and pvp gear for pvp. There is no need for pvp and pve gear to compete each other.

#309 archedemon

archedemon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

PvP gear should of been separate from PvE gear. PvP gear and stats should have only applied to PvP oriented aspects of the game, Colosseum, Dueling, WoE. I mean, having this current pvp gear available to use in pve, in no way hinders gameplay, however, I think the real flaw is PvE gear progression in general. The fact that you pretty much need Colosseum gear, or some really beefy pve gear,runes and maybe costumes to beat CoA, seems a little err... Raid gear progression is a little underwhelming in comparison to the on going difficulty of the pve content.

#310 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

It doesnt bother me with how easy ranged have it everytime i enter Colo now us melees just jump on them the whole time even in round 5. The OP classes are not really ranged pre se it's DUN DUN the gentle priest. It's really not all that hopeless if you have problems with your class think to yourself what specific problem can i remedy with the tools the game gives you and you will find answers.

Also theres a limit to the amount of T2 one can get so i would rather those ranged classes not have the ability to cash in excess victory medals to BP for union point boxes or anything else.

Priest is only OP in the sense that they can take as long as a Tank to kill and are very difficult to kill when they turtle unless they are focused by everyone. I am an advocate of balance of ranged vs melee in general. It won't take very much to level the playing field but the fact that our plight gets completely ignored is something I find unacceptable.

I'll repeat it again, I want to see better balancing on gear stats as well. I am not satisfied with spending 2million blood points for 13% damage reduction when I get 14% bonus damage for less than 500k. Tier 1 has been out for a long time so I consider it a lost cause, but please don't place this same disparity in future gear.

Victory Medals need to go. The are just a waste of a slot space. Who cares if people that win get access to more UP and can perpetually keep Colo mounts? At least those things are purely cosmetic and don't effect gameplay balance. It's a winner's privilege to show off anyway.

#311 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

Priest is only OP in the sense that they can take as long as a Tank to kill and are very difficult to kill when they turtle unless they are focused by everyone. I am an advocate of balance of ranged vs melee in general. It won't take very much to level the playing field but the fact that our plight gets completely ignored is something I find unacceptable.

I'll repeat it again, I want to see better balancing on gear stats as well. I am not satisfied with spending 2million blood points for 13% damage reduction when I get 14% bonus damage for less than 500k. Tier 1 has been out for a long time so I consider it a lost cause, but please don't place this same disparity in future gear.

Victory Medals need to go. The are just a waste of a slot space. Who cares if people that win get access to more UP and can perpetually keep Colo mounts? At least those things are purely cosmetic and don't effect gameplay balance. It's a winner's privilege to show off anyway.

Priest is the unkillable KSing machine, why are you so narrow minded? Victory medals need to stay or else PvP will be very lackluster with nobody going for that gold. Union points are not only for cosmetic purposes as well, are we even playing the same game?????

And in RO2 PvP sets give % increase to offense and defense while raid sets grant % stats/bonus stats. I see no issues at all really i would really dislike if i had to guild up to get the best gear in the game.

Edited by 6224130502210709307, 05 August 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#312 Palizangetsu

Palizangetsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

And in RO2 PvP sets give % increase to offense and defense while raid sets grant % stats/bonus stats. I see no issues at all really i would really dislike if i had to guild up to get the best gear in the game.

The stats on the PVP gear are > than the PVE stats and if you don't have to be in a guild for the best gear u can organize a PUG raid and if you don't want to do that for the best gear maybe you shouldn't be playing MMORPGs...

#313 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

The stats on the PVP gear are > than the PVE stats and if you don't have to be in a guild for the best gear u can organize a PUG raid and if you don't want to do that for the best gear maybe you shouldn't be playing MMORPGs...

I already said that doesnt bother me. Having superior PvP gear gets more players into PvP which only makes me happier, you can still raid and ignore the pvp gear just stop trying downplay how horrible raid tier gear is. The difference is anyone on an individual level can PvP for the best gear which is great instead of being weighed down by a snooty guild.

#314 Coulrophobia

Coulrophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

So you would rather there be only be 1 T2 set that costs BP and medals only because thats what the CM is implying And no, im agreeing to the idea that there should be 2 sets of T2 one weaker(BP only) one un-nerfed(BP+VM) Either or top pvpers deserve better gear for their efforts so next time post up when you can come in with a better argument instead of QQs blazing.

It's funny, because you're the one crying in every thread about how it HAS to have VM.

And nowhere other than in your reply above have you mentioned two variations of "tier 2" colo gear. You keep repeating your mantra of "tier 2 has to require VM because we earned it!" So, really, who's crying? You're like a kid on his birthday crying because you got a toy your friend already has.

I'm not qq'ing, either. I have enough VM on my main to fully gear even if accessories and the lot require VM, I just don't find that to be a fair practice for the entire player base.

So, you know, maybe try thinking about the game and it's future instead of qq'ing about your sense of entitlement.

PS: If you think WP is going to get Korea to create a second set of "tier 2" gear, you obviously haven't been paying attention.

Edited by Coulrophobia, 05 August 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#315 Drizzled

Drizzled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

I'd like everyone going through this thread to go to http://forums.warppo...victory-medals/ and read through the suggestions I've shown for the next PvP set. It would solve many problems, and more support would end a lot of these arguments and work for a real solution.

#316 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

It's funny, because you're the one crying in every thread about how it HAS to have VM.

And nowhere other than in your reply above have you mentioned two variations of "tier 2" colo gear. You keep repeating your mantra of "tier 2 has to require VM because we earned it!" So, really, who's crying? You're like a kid on his birthday crying because you got a toy your friend already has.

I'm not qq'ing, either. I have enough VM on my main to fully gear even if accessories and the lot require VM, I just don't find that to be a fair practice for the entire player base.

So, you know, maybe try thinking about the game and it's future instead of qq'ing about your sense of entitlement.

The way victory medals are recieved or to be used as a pereq is a great way to improve comp, slow down gear maxing and keep PvP alive in RO2 for a very long time. You want to kill the game yourself you advocate an easy gear up quickly for the masses. As for those T2 gear variants it's not my idea i wont preach it but i would accept it however unlikey implemented.

You are going to have to explain how a victory medal requirement isnt fair to the entire player base when i have given multiple examples why it's a none issue, entitlement my ass.

#317 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

You are going to have to explain how a victory medal requirement isnt fair to the entire player base when i have given multiple examples why it's a none issue, entitlement my ass.

1.  Premades

2.  Premades

3.  Premades

4.  Premades

5.  Premades

6.  Premades

7.  Cash shop extraordinaires

8.  Shadow Assault currently broken for poor assassins

9.  Rangers + 200% Enrage poring buff (ranged mages don't get same benefit)

10.  All "hide" classes can re-hide on spawn by spamming the skill  (only smoke bomb is supposed to allow this)

And until the Gm's do something about all those things (and premades!) the VICTORY MEDAL "requirement" shouldn't be there. 

It even affects players like me who actually do the colosseum legit.  I now encounter more pre-mades than ever from the noobs that can't win without cheating.

Thumbs up to WP though for just ignoring the pre-made issue and going ahead with this anyway

#318 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

1.  Premades

2.  Premades

3.  Premades

4.  Premades

5.  Premades

6.  Premades

7.  Cash shop extraordinaires

8.  Shadow Assault currently broken for poor assassins

10.  All "hide" classes can re-hide on spawn by spamming the skill  (only smoke bomb is supposed to allow this)

And until the Gm's do something about all those things (and premades!) the VICTORY MEDAL "requirement" shouldn't be there. 

It even affects players like me who actually do the colosseum legit.  I now encounter more pre-mades than ever from the noobs that can't win without cheating.

Thumbs up to WP though for just ignoring the pre-made issue and going ahead with this anyway

1-6. I already explained your premade concerns, here

http://forums.warppo...dals/?p=1464347

7. Kafra shop advantages will always exist and they are a way for fat wallet'd players to gain advantages over the hardcore player who puts in more time. T2 colo vs full kafra potion buff'd would be a pretty even fight.

8. Sins are bugged so what about my Charge? It still bugs out all the time. I have lvl 1 charge because of this(now you know)

9. Rangers use physical ranged, poring buff should work on them.

10. Rogue and sin buff you get more chances to KS from hide.

As for premades don't join Colo during the last 20 minutes of the hour to avoid them completely.

Edited by 6224130502210709307, 05 August 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#319 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

Priest is the unkillable KSing machine, why are you so narrow minded? Victory medals need to stay or else PvP will be very lackluster with nobody going for that gold. Union points are not only for cosmetic purposes as well, are we even playing the same game?????

Priests only have 1 method to CC me while several other classes have a handful of methods. Their KS skill is almost as unreliable as mine as well. We play the same game and whether it's Priest, Sorc, Ranger or Wizard they are still ranged. We play the same game but our views and values are vastly different.

People using UP to get more craft mats isn't much of a problem. We need something to eat your VPII and Excess BP

#320 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

PS: If you think WP is going to get Korea to create a second set of "tier 2" gear, you obviously haven't been paying attention.

One of the best post for the last 2 pages.

1-6. I already explained your premade concerns, here

http://forums.warppo...dals/?p=1464347

7. Kafra shop advantages will always exist and they are a way for fat wallet'd players to gain advantages over the hardcore player who puts in more time. T2 colo vs full kafra potion buff'd would be a pretty even fight.

8. Sins are bugged so what about my Charge? It still bugs out all the time. I have lvl 1 charge because of this(now you know)

9. Rangers use physical ranged, poring buff should work on them.

10. Rogue and sin buff you get more chances to KS from hide.

As for premades don't join Colo during the last 20 minutes of the hour to avoid them completely.

Introducing VM will definitely increase Premade.  ABC Logic, Not hard to understand.

#321 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Premades are already in full force with even the BP only requirement for T1. Im not going to deny RO2 nice things because some players think fun times dont exist until premades are eradicated. Go harp about the colo queue abuse which is the real issue not the medals.

#322 3558130505073124957

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

lol it is simmple like hell just make a Vote ro survey for this subject  and done majority will hawe it ther way

How many ppl wnat T2 to be BP + VMs

How dont wnat T2 to be BP + VMs

Post a msg for 2 or 3 days in game so every one knows about the Vote and done

Atlast we will see how many ppl actualy have VMs

Edited by 3558130505073124957, 05 August 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#323 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

Tier 2 accessories will be coming with the patch this Wednesday. Right now, they are planned to be purchasable via BP and Victory Medals. We don't know exactly how much yet. 

Other Tier 2 gear still needs balancing. They may not be coming out until after summer ends.

Thanks for this update, didn't see it under all the posts. Hopefully you guys won't make T2 the strongest gear in the game, as T1 was

#324 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

lol it is simmple like hell just make a Vote ro survey for this subject  and done majority will hawe it ther way

How many ppl wnat T2 to be BP + VMs

How dont wnat T2 to be BP + VMs

Post a msg for 2 or 3 days in game so every one knows about the Vote and done

Atlast we will see how many ppl actualy have VMs

Good Idea, but must be an open vote.  (Must know who vote what).  In order to prevent some people multivote.

But honestly, do we even need one? Just ask about anybody in-game and they all hate VM to be the requirements for T2.

If you look at the last few pages, it's always the same 1 or 2 people(King of the Hill guy) supporting the VM requirements.  On the other hand, we got lot of differents people for NO VM requirements for T2...and support for BP only or T1 + 30% T1 bp.

Edited by UchihaDave, 05 August 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#325 Himekoo

Himekoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

This, it makes me cry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users