#1 3305130708053819460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Ch3 mostly

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

Hey everyone. So, I'm quite new to the game and I really wanna build my Sorcerer as a Hybrid. (Mainly for Raids and PVE, no PVP intention)

This is the build I had in mind so far: http://ro2base.com/b...310731.22310731

Ignore the cards pls, I was just fooling around a bit. ^^

So, I left Earth Shield at 1 because I consider it a bit over-hyped for what it has to offer. But that's just my opinion. :) (I really wanna max Healing Wave because there probably won't be a Priest in my main Raid Group so I will need to be able to throw out some single target heals.)  I was thinking about moving one of the points out of Deluge and putting it into the JT mastery.

40/40/8

Your thoughts pls :)

#2 Getsurin90

Getsurin90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

I wish you the best of luck being the main healer in a Raid Grp as Hybrid Sorc. Can't really imagine that since your heals are much weaker than that of a Priest, so having them ist kinda a must have in such a group. :<

I wouldn't spend too much points on Healing Wave, since 17% at max is kinda weak healing and would be outhealed immediately by Deluge and LoR, which are better anyway. Just maximize these two and the healing in combination with your Seal of Earth should be fine. And I would highly recommend maximize Earth Shield or at least put some more points in it. Why? 20 % more Defense is pretty nice for your main tank and ofc the others which makes the whole run a little bit easier to do and to heal. You can spend the remaining points on your JT mastery, but you don't have to max it, since Stage 3 only gives an 2% bonus and that would not make any big difference. The other points I personally had left were sent to max Frost Diver for more Damage Output with JT and VS on a single target, since you're still a DPS Class unless you don't play Full Support (not really recommended).

About your stats: I play a Hybrid Sorc myself (not yet 50, but soon.) and I noticed, that your Crit Rate suffers heavy from every Lvl up your Character does. That's why I plan to maximize my Agi Stat (50), since your equipment will give you lots of Int in late game. But your Stat build is also okay, if you wanna balance Int and Agi, so it's of your own choice.

Hope I could help you a little bit but I would wait till others give you more advice, since I shared only my personal opinions. I'm not a Sorcerer Pro, but that's just what I noticed while playing ingame.

#3 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

It's fine, just be ready to defend yourself from random/pug groups and players that you don't have maxed Earth Shield.  Just know that of all the tanks, only Knights get full benefit from ES.

As far as healing goes I'm not sure how far along Sorcs can go until they hit a brick wall.  But I have healed the raids GoB, PvE, some of PvE hard and first two bosses of CoA before.  In some cases they were a forced role due to the Priests dieing and whatnot, but I kept the raid alive to see the bosses die.  Definitely doable with a Sorc healing as long as the group is aware to stand in LoR.  I'm pretty sure you were talking about dungeons rather than raids cause I doubt a raid group would have 2-4 Sorcs and no Priest unless you guys are adventurous and going against popular convention.  If you were talking about dungeons then you don't need to worry about those.  Sorcs can heal hard dungeons fine.  Both my HW and Deluge are 4/5.

For free points you can consider:

- Frost Diver, good utility for an on demand root and force a window of double damage for both JT and VS.  Almost mandatory for PvP.

- Soul Bind, can argue that shorter cooldown resurrect has its uses.

- 2/3 JT mastery, overall JT mastery is weaker in practice than on paper due to how the game handles the proc and latency.  More or less you often waste the proc due to these circumstances.

#4 3305130708053819460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

Thank you very much for your advice, guys. :) Yeah, our group is a little... well... incomplete. But I'm trying to do my best to heal them up as we level up to 50. I think I won't max my ES since only Knights really profit from it. It seems like a waste of my points if that really is the case. 

Ideally, I won't be the only Sorc in my group anyway and since most people still max ES I should be fine. As for the flame: I can handle it, I play league too. ;) 

As for the stat points, I think I will consider going 50 agi instead of going 40/40, 

Both of you helped me a lot, ty!

#5 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:NA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

Thank you very much for your advice, guys. :) Yeah, our group is a little... well... incomplete. But I'm trying to do my best to heal them up as we level up to 50. I think I won't max my ES since only Knights really profit from it. It seems like a waste of my points if that really is the case. 

Ideally, I won't be the only Sorc in my group anyway and since most people still max ES I should be fine. As for the flame: I can handle it, I play league too. ;)

As for the stat points, I think I will consider going 50 agi instead of going 40/40, 

Both of you helped me a lot, ty!

I am a sorc and it depends how you want to play it and build it. I also focus not only on my agi but also on my haste more casting speed means good dps and death to the players inside colo.

#6 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

I am a sorc and it depends how you want to play it and build it. I also focus not only on my agi but also on my haste more casting speed means good dps and death to the players inside colo.

What does this post even mean?  The only way you could gear for haste is through the crafted set which is generally not practical in my opinion.  Added to that, you have no control over your haste and have minor control to your agility amount in the Colosseum.  So frankly you can't really focus on those stats cause they are forced upon you.

#7 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

It is forced but u have choices what armor you want to wear and I chose armor that gives me more haste, you are right the game
Forces you the stats but those stats can be manipulated, agi, vit , and int! My point in here is I chose to focus on my casting speed which is haste, I will honestly tell you that until now I survive and make it champ to the colo not coz of my colo armor which I don't have but the armor that maximize the haste! You can contradict me on this as much as u want but like I said building a hybrid sorc is depend upon the player so is the skill of the player!

#8 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

You can be naked with a capture mallet and you would still have the same stats in the Colosseum.  You're just spreading false information.  Go into the Colosseum today and take a before and after screenshot with your gear on and off.  If you come back and show me that the stats changed while in the Colosseum then I will admit that I am wrong.

I don't think anyone will argue that a character build is the player's preference regardless if they are skilled or not.

#9 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

You can be naked with a capture mallet and you would still have the same stats in the Colosseum.  You're just spreading false information.  Go into the Colosseum today and take a before and after screenshot with your gear on and off.  If you come back and show me that the stats changed while in the Colosseum then I will admit that I am wrong.

I don't think anyone will argue that a character build is the player's preference regardless if they are skilled or not.

its hard to do the colo now because i keep getting dc how about we duel in game so i can see what you are pointing out and maybe i will learn something from you.

#10 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

You are claiming that your crafted gear makes a difference in the Colosseum.  That is where you are wrong and what I'm telling you to see for yourself.  Anything done outside the Colosseum, let alone a duel, is meaningless and besides the point.

#11 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

Try this build http://ro2base.com/b...310543.22310552

lvl 1 heal wave is enough for Hybrid

lvl 3 Frost diver is much better than lvl 1(you can't get the combo JT + VS cast in 2 sec) 

lvl 2 JTM has proc'ed enough that it has saved my life on several occasions.

#12 3305130708053819460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

Looks pretty good actually. I'm probably going to go for this build, though, since lvl 1 HW seems pretty strong already. 

http://www.ro2base.c...310722.22310723

Maybe I'll add 1 point from soul bind to cold bolt but it doesn't seem worth it. 

#13 Meowshi

Meowshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

Maxing colt bolt will increase your DPS by ~10-15%.

Ditch earth shield, 5/5 cold bolt.

Depending on your group you might not even need 5/5 deluge (3/5 sort of thing) and you can put that into JTM // Aqua Spirit

#14 3305130708053819460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

Aqua sprit seems like a really useless spell imo. Also, the later levels of cold bolt don't make that much difference compared to the first 3. 

#15 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationChannel 5, Alberta, On top of a Lamp post.
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

Aqua sprit seems like a really useless spell imo. Also, the later levels of cold bolt don't make that much difference compared to the first 3. 

It has actually a good boost to the dps.. IF it does what you want it to.. 

#16 Meowshi

Meowshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

As a sorc, your primary job in raids is to do damage. There is absolutely no reason why you should not have 5/5 of your primary spell (Cold Bolt). Prior to that, it is understandable because the mana cost goes from 3 -> 7 and lower levels cannot sustain that much MP usage, but at 50, there is no excuse.

You should also be using aqua spirit every cooldown. Not using it is exactly the same as a ranger not using falcon.

#17 3305130708053819460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

As a sorc, your primary job in raids is to do damage. There is absolutely no reason why you should not have 5/5 of your primary spell (Cold Bolt). Prior to that, it is understandable because the mana cost goes from 3 -> 7 and lower levels cannot sustain that much MP usage, but at 50, there is no excuse.

You should also be using aqua spirit every cooldown. Not using it is exactly the same as a ranger not using falcon.

There are ranger builds who don't even skill Falcon Assault. 

In a raid, a sorc's main job is to do the aoe heals and  to dps when there is no need for them. in grim situations, they can even help sustaining the tank (like when 1 priest dies or so). 

#18 Getsurin90

Getsurin90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

I agree on the point that Aqua Spirit is kinda useless, but that statement results from my own experience with it.
My Sorc is nearly 50 and I really used it a lot, but this spirit does nothing than standing around waiting for the 30 seconds to be over so it can go on cooldown again. It never worked properly as it should have on me. But even if it would work normally I wouldn't recommend maxing it or spend more points than 1 on it... there are way too much skills that are more important than this Spirit.

Nevertheless I must agree to put 5/5 in Cold Bolt. Even if half of your skills are for supporting... the Sorc is still a DPS class and even has one of the highest damage outputs ingame. Sure one of your main task is to look after the DPS, but you have to do your job as a damage dealer.

#19 Meowshi

Meowshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Every point you put in Aqua Spirit is +3% damage per ice bolt. Each aqua spirit shoots 15 ice bolts before it dies, so you're looking at free +45% attack damage every minuteish.

Free +45% attack is equivalent to an extra cold bolt (and then some), so it's like an extra ~1.2kish damage per minute.

Let's say you have a build like this

http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

You have two extra skill points, and you already have everything you need from your support tree.

What do you do? The answer, take the free damage. I put 1 more into JTM and 2/5 into Aqua spirit. Now, I could be wrong and should put 2/3 JTM // 3/5 Aqua, but regardless, you should put something into Aqua.

Edited by Meowshi, 26 July 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#20 3305130708053819460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

More like: The answer is: I first of all get 5/5 Deluge and 2/3 Soul Bind, probably. Aqua Spirit has never worked correctly for me, so I will not spend any more points into it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users