#1 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:36 AM

Not really sure where this topic would belong, but I've been trying to come up with a way to get peoples' minds off of the current issues with the game.

So~

I've come up with a sort of game. Ever notice things in-game that have made you wonder if anyone else has ever noticed?

Like...

The Soul Maker emblem/symbol already existing in-game on the left shoulder of a Circus Member.

hmm_zps3e4c0736.png

A sign in Bouquet Town that says "Karrot Village" in German? Oddly, the town in-game is Carrot Town (it's actually located in Carrot Town as the Holgren residence), and it's well-known that buildings in towns get doubled-over, but still... Kinda amusing. The word under it says, "Cautiousness," according to Google Translate.

randomsauce_zps7bb52f39.png

A NPC named Gusta.

Gusta_zpsb9a7c7bd.png

A NPC named Biggs, which is one of a pair of two very popular NPC name in console RPGs, most famously Final Fantasy, but it has been in a few others. Where's Wedge (in case you don't know, it's the other NPC Biggs is often paired with)?

Biggs_zps2529c115.png

This one may have just been me, but I've never noticed this Lunatic Baby in Carrot Town before...

wth_zps975a3ffb.png

What sort of things have YOU noticed that have made you wonder if anyone else has ever noticed?

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 18 July 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#2 Zhaky

Zhaky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

I have seen the lunatic baby, but the rest is new to me. I did find this though which is more of a mistake than a funny detail, but still I did wonder: "Am I they only one who has noticed this?"

ScreenCapture_2013_07_17_08_41_16.jpg

Edited by 863130704132624543, 18 July 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#3 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

The Weird and strange...

#4 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

I have seen the lunatic baby, but the rest is new to me. I did find this though which is more of a mistake than a funny detail, but still I did wonder: "Am I they only one who has noticed this?"

ScreenCapture_2013_07_17_08_41_16.jpg

Nah, I noticed that, but I definitely found it to be a typo that some could find confusing.

Then again, there are many typos in this game. When you first get to Payon Forest, due to what I believe to be a mistranslation, it seems like Zeras is talking like you've never met the Saintess before. Either that, or it's possible that the Saintess missions before Payon were added after Zeras' dialogue in Payon was already written. Some movies do scenes out of order due to new ideas coming to light, so games doing it wouldn't surprise me. :p_laugh:

#5 VermillionT

VermillionT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationI travel across Midgard, aimlessly.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

I see no problem with the RodaFrog mission.

Hunt RodaFrogs, they look different from RodaFrogu. There is a monster over there with the RodaFrogs called a RodaFrogu that you hunt in an earlier mission and looks like the good ol' Poison Toad from RO1 from Amatsu Dungeon.

The Warrior and Knight jobchange quests involves the NPCs Venatu, Dimik and Archdam. Three monsters found in the Ruins of Juperos in RO1.

#6 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

I see no problem with the RodaFrog mission.

Hunt RodaFrogs, they look different from RodaFrogu. There is a monster over there with the RodaFrogs called a RodaFrogu that you hunt in an earlier mission and looks like the good ol' Poison Toad from RO1 from Amatsu Dungeon.

The Warrior and Knight jobchange quests involves the NPCs Venatu, Dimik and Archdam. Three monsters found in the Ruins of Juperos in RO1.

In the quest, it says: "Defeat designated number of RodaFrogs that has slight different appearance from RodaFrogu. Go find Biologist Torke in the Jacob's Villa after completing the request."

It should say (with corrected spelling, grammar, and wording): "Defeat the designated number of RodaFrogu. They have a slightly different appearance from RodaFrogs. Go find Biologist Torke in Jacob's Villa after completing the request."

The dialogue in this game, and the descriptions, are quite messed up, not just in translation, but in dialogue structure. It makes me shudder every time I see, "lol," or, "XD," in NPC dialogue. I'd much RATHER see emotes above their heads, like in RO1. :p_laugh:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 18 July 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#7 VermillionT

VermillionT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

After you leave Prontera, all the quests and dialogue go downhill. There's an entire section of quests regarding the Mermen and the Homewatchers that removes any and all dialogue and puts in a "0" in its place.

"Give mermen sweet extract blah blah blah"

*Gives merman sweet extract*

"0"

*Deliver merman's message to Homewatcher whoever*

"0" "0" "0"

"Ahh... that is very informative. Thank you player XYZ"

something like that.

#8 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

After you leave Prontera, all the quests and dialogue go downhill. There's an entire section of quests regarding the Mermen and the Homewatchers that removes any and all dialogue and puts in a "0" in its place.

"Give mermen sweet extract blah blah blah"

*Gives merman sweet extract*

"0"

*Deliver merman's message to Homewatcher whoever*

"0" "0" "0"

"Ahh... that is very informative. Thank you player XYZ"

something like that.

Didn't used to be like that... They really need to fix the dialogue. :p_laugh: They also need to fix the voice-overs, while they're at it.

#9 3305130708053819460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin, Ch3 mostly

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

There is also an NPC named Crescentia, like the new class. I think she is located somewhere in Payon Forest. 

smjy.png

(ok this turned out far too big) 

Never noticed the german sign though. xD 

Edited by 3305130708053819460, 19 July 2013 - 02:21 AM.

#10 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:26 AM

There is also an NPC named Crescentia, like the new class. I think she is located somewhere in Payon Forest. 

smjy.png

(ok this turned out far too big) 

Never noticed the german sign though. xD 

Yeah that one made me tilt my head first time I saw it, too. :p_laugh:

#11 VermillionT

VermillionT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

Didn't used to be like that... They really need to fix the dialogue. :p_laugh: They also need to fix the voice-overs, while they're at it.

Agreed. I hate the voice-overs. They're absolutely horrible. Even with the Korean version, almost every NPC has a unique voice. Or at the very least, it fits the character of the NPC.

I get pissed whenever I go to buy potions from the potion dealer, who's a super hot young chick and she sounds like old Italian hooker.

Or some of the Kafras sounding like clowns and the obvious mispronunciation of "Kafra".

#12 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

In payon forest at the south west camp there is a kid named "Narco"

Which in spanish that's the short for "Narcotraficante", which if in turn you translate to english is "Drug Dealer" or "Drug Trafficker"

BTW all you do in that camp is collect herbs and plants, then you just leave after giving all that greenery to the NPCs... something is happening in that camp... ¬____¬

#13 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Agreed. I hate the voice-overs. They're absolutely horrible. Even with the Korean version, almost every NPC has a unique voice. Or at the very least, it fits the character of the NPC.

I get pissed whenever I go to buy potions from the potion dealer, who's a super hot young chick and she sounds like old Italian hooker.

Or some of the Kafras sounding like clowns and the obvious mispronunciation of "Kafra".

I've never seen a Kafra that mispronounces it, honestly. It could just be their accents that make them sound that way, because a lot of the Voice Actors gave the NPCs an accent. If Johnny Yong Bosch is actually Male Character Voice 3, then you can find his voice doing a lot of  "Country American" (as in USA America :p_laugh:  ) accents. It's actually pretty funny, considering everything else the guy has done, then to hear him do that accent.

But yeah, there are only 15 Voice Actors in this game, 10 of which were used for characters, but it's obvious they're voicing NPCs, too, in certain places.

As for the potion dealers, well, you must consider that most of these characters look pretty much the same. There's no guarantee that the NPC isn't like 40-something just because they look younger. :p_laugh: RPG 101: no character is the age they may appear to be. Look at Elves, for example, as they look far younger than they are. Yeah, they're non-human, but technically, so are the characters in RO, supposedly. They're "Normans."

In payon forest at the south west camp there is a kid named "Narco"

Which in spanish that's the short for "Narcotraficante", which if in turn you translate to english is "Drug Dealer" or "Drug Trafficker"

BTW all you do in that camp is collect herbs and plants, then you just leave after giving all that greenery to the NPCs... something is happening in that camp... ¬____¬

Well, if you go with the Hillbilly stereotype, too... :p_laugh: Moonshine and Marijuana!

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 19 July 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#14 VermillionT

VermillionT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

I've never seen a Kafra that mispronounces it, honestly. It could just be their accents that make them sound that way, because a lot of the Voice Actors gave the NPCs an accent. If Johnny Yong Bosch is actually Male Character Voice 3, then you can find his voice doing a lot of  "Country American" (as in USA America :p_laugh:  ) accents. It's actually pretty funny, considering everything else the guy has done, then to hear him do that accent.

But yeah, there are only 15 Voice Actors in this game, 10 of which were used for characters, but it's obvious they're voicing NPCs, too, in certain places.

As for the potion dealers, well, you must consider that most of these characters look pretty much the same. There's no guarantee that the NPC isn't like 40-something just because they look younger.

No, the majority of NPC characters are all around 16-30 in age. With a few elderly NPC and kids which are easily identifiable.

The problem with the potion dealer (which afaik, all look the same and in this case sound the same) is that they gave a 21-23 year old woman the voice of a 38-50 year old woman. There's even a quest with the izlude one to find her two younger sisters in the mushroom forest. Both of which are 10-12 year old kids. If she's 40+ and her sisters are 10-15, that's one screwed up family.

In the Korean version, "Kafra" is pronounced "Kaff-Rah" not "Kuh-Fra". The second letter in "Kafra" is an A, not a U.

#15 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

No, the majority of NPC characters are all around 16-30 in age. With a few elderly NPC and kids which are easily identifiable.

The problem with the potion dealer (which afaik, all look the same and in this case sound the same) is that they gave a 21-23 year old woman the voice of a 38-50 year old woman. There's even a quest with the izlude one to find her two younger sisters in the mushroom forest. Both of which are 10-12 year old kids. If she's 40+ and her sisters are 10-15, that's one screwed up family.

In the Korean version, "Kafra" is pronounced "Kaff-Rah" not "Kuh-Fra". The second letter in "Kafra" is an A, not a U.

The vocals and accent for the Potion Dealer remind me of what most Gypsies sound like in movies, so in a way, the vocals make sense. Gypsies (at least in most movies I've seen) are known as psychics, and healers. They also make potions. An example of a movie like this is Love Potion Number 9.

I've never heard a Kafra NPC pronounce it "Kuh-Fra" at all. :p_laugh: But as I said, accents can get in the way, and some Voice Actors may actually have an accent that makes the words hard to pronounce for them. Ya never know. Still, I don't think it's bad.

Anyway, we're getting a little off-topic here. :p_laugh:  Anyone else got anything to share? :p_idea:

#16 Disenchanter

Disenchanter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

Let me see....

Repairman "Failed" in Verta Delta, Baka Flowers in payon (Baka = Dumb), Anti Forever Alone Pollen, Rina Inverse from Slayers during the Wizard Class Change.

#17 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

Let me see....

Repairman "Failed" in Verta Delta, Baka Flowers in payon (Baka = Dumb), Anti Forever Alone Pollen, Rina Inverse from Slayers during the Wizard Class Change.

The Baka one is supposed to be Baccha, at least from the rest of the description. Perhaps stemming from Bacchus?

Anyway, the only other one I noticed was the Anti-Forever Alone Pollen. The other two are new on me. :p_laugh:

#18 Zhaky

Zhaky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

About misprenounciations, try talking to King Reinhard, or was that Eckhard? He very often presents himself as King Eckhard (or however you want to spell it), although his name is King Reinhard.

Edited by 863130704132624543, 19 July 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#19 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

About misprenounciations, try talking to King Reinhard, or was that Eckhard? He very often presents himself as King Eckhard (or however you want to spell it), although his name is King Reinhard.

Sounds more like Eckhart to me, but I have no idea where it comes from. Then again (as I've said before in another topic), these things can be made out of order (like scenes in a movie), and in some cases, dialogue can be made before, or after, things are decided to be implemented. Maybe the voice was there before the name, or maybe the name was there before the voice? Not sure what it was in the Korean/SEA version, but it could be possible that they could've wanted to change the name in the IRO2 version. Who knows? :p_laugh:

A lot of dialogue is off, like how Zeras Hyperion talks like you've never met the Saintess when you first see him in Payon Forest, or how people constantly refer to Marquis Lissur Anailuj and Jaime Holgren as male, when they're clearly female by body and by voice actor. :p_laugh:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 20 July 2013 - 04:12 AM.

#20 Melisax3

Melisax3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

Read Lissur Anailuj from back to start xD :p_laugh:

#21 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

Read Lissur Anailuj from back to start xD :p_laugh:

Huh? :p_conf:  Juliana Russil?

I hope that wasn't a spoiler.  :p_omg: 

That's not nice. :p_cry:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 20 July 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#22 nemezc

nemezc

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

what about the girl 'Oliver Graham' in payon crusader post. and the prontera knigths being printera knights xD

and mount manager 'taksi' (taxi) in pron xD

Edited by nemezc, 27 December 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#23 GallopingChicken

GallopingChicken

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

what about the girl 'Oliver Graham' in payon crusader post. and the prontera knigths being printera knights xD

and mount manager 'taksi' (taxi) in pron xD

Printera Knights? Hey what's wrong with it while you have Sloiders in Cursed Ghost Ship and Pirests in Xday Temple xDDD
ALSO, speaking of Taksi! Did you see, he's lvl 11 DEMON LOL

Also... TMNT's gender crisis

yBYe1m2.png

#24 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

LOL Epic Fail.

#25 LordSaki

LordSaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

The vocals and accent for the Potion Dealer remind me of what most Gypsies sound like in movies, so in a way, the vocals make sense. 

So. Let me get this straight.You think all gypsies sound like old ladies who smoke heavily or are just men dressed as beautiful ladies.

You probably already got hell for this comment. But I'll say it anyway,

That.

Is.

RACIEST!!!

===

anyway, I missed when Marquis Lissur Anailuj and Jaime Holgren where spoken of as if they are male (or that was fixed). From what I read Jaime did no wrong, besides being a relative of the accused person (who is male). [I will say no more cuz of spoilers]

By the way. 

Is it just me or does everyone (NPCs) ignore all the evidence that suggests Saintless is actually evil. They just ignore anything that links to her actually working for the Freyjan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users