Updates To Name Change Process
This is an updated guide for changing character names using the new in-game name change system. Once the new system is in place, all Name Change Coupons will be converted into consumable items and the old method of requesting name changes through the ticket system will no longer be accepted.
Additional improvements to the system include updating clan members and friends when a name change has been completed and having the systems update accordingly so that you can continue to use clan and friend features after a name change.
Attempts to use the Name Change Coupon on a character which has already been accepted for a name change will fail and the coupon won't be consumed.
How To Change Character Name
1. Purchase a Name Change Coupon from the Item Mall, drag it from your Purchases window to your inventory, go to the Consume section of the inventory and double click the Name Change Coupon to consume it.
2. Confirm that you want to request a name change. The coupon will be consumed and you will recieve a notificaton requesting you to return to character select.
3. In the System window (Alt + X or select System from the main menu), select Character Select to return to the character select screen. The character you requested a name change on should have a "Name Change Requested" note attached to it in the character list. Select the character and click Rename Character to rename it.
4. When the character has been selected, enter the new name of the character in the Rename Character window and click Rename.
5. When successful, your character list will be displayed again with the character's new name. Select the character to log in to the game.
Edited by Genesis, 20 August 2013 - 11:03 AM.