Whats the diffences between Sin and Rogue ? - Thief - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Whats the diffences between Sin and Rogue ?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 zigstark

zigstark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

Im lvl 24 now and i dont know what to choose.

Please help me =D

#2 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

Sins are ugly unicorn dog people and rogues are thug junkies.

On a more mechanical note:

Mobility--Sins are more mobile thanks to shadow form's speed boost and shadow assault letting them jump to people. Rogues only ever get deadly illusion for that kind of utility. This is very good for PvP applications.

Durability--Rogues get gangster's paradise for a 60% health heal over time. Sins get shadow armor for 50% damage received decrease. GP is apparently pretty good but I also love my shadow armor. I think GP is better for soloing but shadow armor helps tons against bosses when you can block their AoE or survive the tank dropping aggro (and some will).

Damage--Rogues supposedly deal more damage overall. I'm not sure how true this because my weapon is still terrible and I haven't had any opportunities for an unbiased damage test. I never would have guessed this based on the threat numbers I see.

Misc--Rogues get smoke bomb to re-hide which makes me extremely jelly. Unfortunately rogues also require the best pots available because they all have a severe drug habit. I've heard it gets expensive.

#3 zigstark

zigstark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

Sins are ugly unicorn dog people and rogues are thug junkies.

On a more mechanical note:

Mobility--Sins are more mobile thanks to shadow form's speed boost and shadow assault letting them jump to people. Rogues only ever get deadly illusion for that kind of utility. This is very good for PvP applications.

Durability--Rogues get gangster's paradise for a 60% health heal over time. Sins get shadow armor for 50% damage received decrease. GP is apparently pretty good but I also love my shadow armor. I think GP is better for soloing but shadow armor helps tons against bosses when you can block their AoE or survive the tank dropping aggro (and some will).

Damage--Rogues supposedly deal more damage overall. I'm not sure how true this because my weapon is still terrible and I haven't had any opportunities for an unbiased damage test. I never would have guessed this based on the threat numbers I see.

Misc--Rogues get smoke bomb to re-hide which makes me extremely jelly. Unfortunately rogues also require the best pots available because they all have a severe drug habit. I've heard it gets expensive.

Thank you a lot.

#4 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

The way I see it, an assassin is an all out attacker. It's pure power and speed. A rogue is trickster. You have a bag of skills with effects to play with. Just look at the at the skills of these 2 jobs, and you'll see that the assassin's skills are all about damage and movement speed. Rogues have a bunch of effects, like healing with Gangster Paradise, re-hiding with Smoke Bomb, Dirty Plan to reset the cool-downs.

#5 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

on the PvE department, however, Rogues will almost never stop to rest, hence why they are so fast at lvling, you can't rely on GP to outheal the damange you recieve from enemies tho, so always have to avoid fighting more than 1 at a time.

Assassins seems better at the kill-or-be-killed style because of the +50% def increase and the perma power and movement boosts, whereas the Rogue only can stalemate with his GP and yup, has to be on drugs to get that same power boost but no movement speed at all... however reaching a 50% crit rate for 30 seconds in battle is quite easy

Well, pretty much Rogues are glass cannons with self repair and Sins are glass cannons with iron walls.

Edited by Leinzan, 23 July 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#6 zigstark

zigstark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

The way I see it, an assassin is an all out attacker. It's pure power and speed. A rogue is trickster. You have a bag of skills with effects to play with. Just look at the at the skills of these 2 jobs, and you'll see that the assassin's skills are all about damage and movement speed. Rogues have a bunch of effects, like healing with Gangster Paradise, re-hiding with Smoke Bomb, Dirty Plan to reset the cool-downs.

How about the money ? People say Rogue is very expensive, is it true ?

#7 zigstark

zigstark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

on the PvE department, however, Rogues will almost never stop to rest, hence why they are so fast at lvling, you can't rely on GP to outheal the damange you recieve from enemies tho, so always have to avoid fighting more than 1 at a time.

Assassins seems better at the kill-or-be-killed style because of the +50% def increase and the perma power and movement boosts, whereas the Rogue only can stalemate with his GP and yup, has to be on drugs to get that same power boost but no movement speed at all... however reaching a 50% crit rate for 30 seconds in battle is quite easy

Well, pretty much Rogues are glass cannons with self repair and Sins are glass cannons with iron walls.

They are same.  On simple words, Sin have high def and Rogue have heal. Thats it ?

#8 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationChannel 5, Alberta, On top of a Lamp post.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:32 AM

How about the money ? People say Rogue is very expensive, is it true ?

People might base it from rogues having to use alot of pots for doping
But you can save alot by being/having an alche and crafting your own pots. Also, when doping after you reached the maximum additional damage, you can use those lowest rank red pots just to keep the duration going. 

#9 zigstark

zigstark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:07 AM

People might base it from rogues having to use alot of pots for doping
But you can save alot by being/having an alche and crafting your own pots. Also, when doping after you reached the maximum additional damage, you can use those lowest rank red pots just to keep the duration going. 

If we dont talk about money, do u think Rogues are better then Sins ?

#10 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

If we dont talk about money, do u think Rogues are better then Sins ?

It is really a player preference.. For me, I prefer rogues because you can grind non-stop due to GP.
Money isnt really a big issue so dont think too much about it.

#11 zigstark

zigstark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:20 AM

It is really a player preference.. For me, I prefer rogues because you can grind non-stop due to GP.

I want to kill in PVP and have fun lvling =D

#12 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

PvP will be frusterating in a Rogue on free for all areas if you go alone, since they have no walking speed boost, once your hides run out and are on cooldown you'll be a sitting duck.

On that spec, Sins are more economically friendly

#13 zigstark

zigstark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

How about kill BOSS ?

#14 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

How about kill BOSS ?

Rogues has better survivability.. Again.. because of GP.
It will allow you to Solo most world bosses.

#15 zigstark

zigstark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:26 AM

Rogues has better survivability.. Again.. because of GP.
It will allow you to Solo most world bosses.

Can u explain about the pots boost ?

What types of pot Rogues use ?

How i have to use this pots ?

#16 zigstark

zigstark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

Another question, my job is Artisan, its works ?

#17 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

You use the red pots and purple pots. The buff gives you 10% of the hp pot you use into weapon attack. For example, using a 800 hp pot gives you 80 weapon attack. It keeps adding up with every pot until you have a total of 30% of your base weapon attack added, and you need to keep drinking pots every 2 min. to maintain the maximum boost or it resets.

I don't think being an artisan is good. I make my own pots and I don't have a problem keeping the boost on. Maybe you should reconsider making a new one because level 25 is pretty quick to get to.

#18 zigstark

zigstark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

You use the red pots and purple pots. The buff gives you 10% of the hp pot you use into weapon attack. For example, using a 800 hp pot gives you 80 weapon attack. It keeps adding up with every pot until you have a total of 30% of your base weapon attack added, and you need to keep drinking pots every 2 min. to maintain the maximum boost or it resets.

I don't think being an artisan is good. I make my own pots and I don't have a problem keeping the boost on. Maybe you should reconsider making a new one because level 25 is pretty quick to get to.

ill do it. ill be a assassin with this char and ill make another as alchemist. Ty a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users