Remove Safe to 7 Certs from the Cash Shop - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

Remove Safe to 7 Certs from the Cash Shop

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#26 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

Lol! I'm not arguing as a "marketeer". Do you mean producer? Either way, neither views are my views.

Edited by KamiKali, 26 July 2013 - 08:49 AM.

#27 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

Well my point is supply is overpowering demand because all these methods to hunt and obtain alot of these over sold gears have been made available. You have like up to 10 or more shops trying to sell the same stuff, and due to the fact they are all selling the same products, people have them and want them less. in many ways you really can only sell upgraded versions of the items being sold on the market, and buyers for those are even scarce.

heck I wouldn't recommend trying to sell anything in ET anymore after timer reset was enabled. Maybe the rings Ifrit drops or some of the valk drops, Variant shoes are one of the only items in wich are better off NOT being upgraded and they are plummeting in price. ALOT would have to change and alot changing would throw players off so much that their would be a mass amount of people quitting the game.

Another reason for deflation was ever since the merge happened there is naturally a ton of people available to hunt stuff. It's become nearly impossible to depend on any one piece of gear for you financial issues. The best thing you can do to counter this pretty much is to start producing consumable items. Magic Stones, Stat gloves that are not slotted yet, potions, stuff like that. Gears will generally go down in price the more of them exist. Oridecon, elunium,Slims, and all those other consumable items will generally always be bought and used. much easier to make a profit off of consumable items and much more dependable.

the bottom line is that ever since the merge the number of shops have practically tripled and the number of shops selling the same product has increased. Even more so since ET's timer became resettable.

Edited by Cmoota, 26 July 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#28 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

You're not really addressing anything in my OP other than what I've already said: there is deflation because there's a lot of gears not cycling out. I'm glad you're able to understand that there's deflation and not inflation now tho. Good job!

Edited by KamiKali, 26 July 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#29 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

You're not really addressing anything in my OP other than what I've already said: there is deflation because there's a lot of gears not cycling out. I'm glad you're able to understand that there's deflation and not inflation now tho. Good job!

Thank you~! :p_laugh: Oh and you have to realize that they will not stop selling certs in the cash shop. you will just have to wait til they are not available as they are event items and are not always available. still its quite random what you get from those safe to 7 cert bags, and the developer team is on the side of whatever makes them money, not particularly the economy since the economy is player run, not developer run. this suggestion will have a tough time being heard. That's just the sad truth.

Edited by Cmoota, 26 July 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#30 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

They come out almost every groove box not like they're going away any time in the foreseeable future 

#31 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

Thank you~! :p_laugh: Oh and you have to realize that they will not stop selling certs in the cash shop. you will just have to wait til they are not available as they are event items and are not always available. still its quite random what you get from those safe to 7 cert bags, and the developer team is on the side of whatever makes them money, not particularly the economy since the economy is player run, not developer run. this suggestion will have a tough time being heard. That's just the sad truth.

Safe certs don't make them money because they don't sell them directly from the cash shop. They just need to have certs not as an option in the groove pack. AKA my suggestion of this thread. So I don't get your point of saying "they'll never do it". Precisely because it's player run, I'm suggesting them to remove it.

Edited by KamiKali, 26 July 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#32 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

As a person who invested WAY too much Valk Shield/Armor and stock piled Certs, only to have the market CRASH so hard, multiple times. I agree 100%. 

If you notice, Valk prices go up when certs are not in a box...which lately, has been pretty much never.

Edited by Havenn, 26 July 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#33 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

By the way I did not rate this topic that one star that was given to the topic was not from me. :p_swt:

anyways markets rise and crash on their own, even without the help of GM's.

Edited by Cmoota, 26 July 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#34 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

You don't know what you're talking about. If you think that the cash shop having certs will not alter their price in game you're extremely naive. 

#35 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

You don't know what you're talking about. If you think that the cash shop having certs will not alter their price in game you're extremely naive. 

I never said that. All I said was the market will crash regardless of GM's interfering or not! Perhaps you should try investing in something a bit more dependable Then stuff that is up in the air such as equipment and gears? I'm very aware that if they have it on sale in the cash market, the prices go down in the zeny market. that doesn't mean you should call for its removal. 
                                               Well as I said we could talk this point out all day, try investing in more reliable stock instead of gears like things that can't be farmed regularly. New world is full of it. besides "Valk gears"?!! Do you have ANY idea how much that stuff gets farmed now?!! I see at least 5 shops a day selling Valk stuff or more now.                                        
        Not saying you made a "bad" investment, but its no longer considered a good investment either.

Oh and no name calling, I didn't come here to insult people. Anyways I honestly didn't intend on getting into such a drawn out debate, and I apologize if anyone was offended that I decided to fight against an  idea I didn't like. I honestly don't agree that you should be mad about prices lowering, just means you should move on to something that isn't so focused on. and higher prices are always good for business... if you were selling to an NPC but your not so due to the fact that prices are lowering now, people won't buy much when they go higher later! they will just wait until they lower again.
            Well anyways take care~ :p_laugh:

Edited by Cmoota, 26 July 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#36 VolunteerMod05

VolunteerMod05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

Please avoid insulting other users directly.

#37 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

I support this. It benefits both old and new players and returns value to good items. I think +9 gears are very undervalued when the max effects of many staple gears are actually activated at +9, e.g. RWH, EMH. Ultimately, over-upgraded gears need to be scarce hence why WP has reduced the amounts of +10 certs pumped into the game over the past year. The same needs to be done with +7 certs since there is a perfectly sustainable way of producing these certs in game.

#38 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

lmao

#39 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

There's literally 10's of thousands of certs floating around in people's storage. All you do by doing this is cause those people to get rich and allow them to jack up the prices(and in turn valk gear prices will rise as well) but they're smart enough to only sell a few at a time to keep supply low

#40 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

That's like a lot of items really. People stock piled on RWC the round before last to resell for x10 the price bought, this last round might be the same I stopped checking prices. People used to also sign up for the RO newsletter on TONS of emails just to get the code redeemers to get certs in a great number.

They really do need to weed out some of the certs though and quit making it a guaranteed item every other box.

#41 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

So that's how people get all that crap and i get nothing from redeemer.....xD

#42 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

I disagree as they make money off of this. I understand there is like a million other things they make money off of but the point of this suggestion is lost on the concept that they would remove an item that makes them money. 

And it does!

Remember, its players spending money on VIP and items ingame that keep our game from going under. next thing you know you will be asking to eliminate something ELSE from the cash shop. utterly pointless.

Now if you want my opinion, safe to 7 certs should be a purchasable item IN the cash shop OUTSIDE of lucky boxes. now THAT I would very much agree to~! :p_laugh: 

Oh and Equipment eating mimic is a good way to produce them too if your unwilling to pay.

My main point is while raising the safe limit sounds nice it does little to support the game. You have to think of this from all sides and remember that its safe to 7. not safe to 10 or safe to 12 certs.

And one more thing, YOU CANT TRADE THIS SORT OF STUFF IN OTHER GAMES!! So don't go shooting down the whole concept that this game has it a bit better due to the fact YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY! Just make zeny and have someone else pay for you~ Trading zeny for cash items.  
                 Since we are talking about safe to 7 and not safe to 10 certs or safe to 12/15/20 no support.

It was a nice thought though. The problem with your suggestion is it forces people to take risks on cash gear that they paid money for causing them to wind up with nothing if they fail and break it. in the end all your suggestion will lead is everyone who isn't a gambler will only have +4 gear. and thats not nice!

Also, raising the safe limit to +6 or +7 may sound nice but the Safe to 7 certs are already implimented ingame. if you did that then you would have a flurry of complaints of people wanting they money back.  

Since all this is generally already implimented and it would cause too much trouble to change or take stuff out, as I said: NO SUPPORT

If you added them to kafra shop directly there wouldn't be anything less than +7 out there, and new players would have to NPC their gear to get anything as they wouldn't have the money to afford it from vendors, so if they do end up getting a good card, they can't use it anyway.  I would say I'm mixed about this because the possibility for it to widen the gap between the rich and poor, but there is also the possibility to shorten it, as like he said, lower tier items would be bought more often, if nothing else to upgrade to get the safe certifications.  I would use eat gear to obtain one using a pike, but I wouldn't with an Imperial Spear.  In the end the lower players who get a lot of pikes leveling at spores could get more money due to items breaking more often, and lower level equipment being bought to feed it for certifications.  Personally I think they should remove the lucky boxes completely, and most of the new gear they came out with, as some older yet still good items don't sell anymore, because people don't know what they are.

Edited by DestinyTalim, 27 November 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#43 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

Up :v

#44 byliew2

byliew2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2449 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

+1

#45 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

Too late as is for this. You need to create gear that makes current gear obsolete. Some kind of decent enchant system with a reasonable chance to destroy the gear with NO POSSIBLE WAY TO PROTECT IT would work.

#46 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

If they had added a chance of breaking with the reno crystal buffs, that would have worked.

i.e enhanced variants = 25% chance of breaking or something like that

Edited by Lapphy, 07 May 2014 - 11:44 AM.

#47 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

walls of text, read them later, came in for the kick

#48 Dislike

Dislike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

i support this.

#49 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

+1 ....and im not rich nor do i have any certs to sell... hell i buy all my gears already upgraded... but the economy in this game is in the crapper... nobody wants to buy gears that used to be worth something because the market is flooded with gears that never break... and leaving in eve natalia and even eat gear is fine because it allows even poor players a way to remove old gears from the game while gaining a way to safely upgrade their gears... prices on items will rise which in turn allows sellers to make more profit at all levels...

#50 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

*cough* CLASSIC *ahem*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users