Remove Safe to 7 Certs from the Cash Shop - Page 3 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

Remove Safe to 7 Certs from the Cash Shop

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 Dirsion

Dirsion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:46 PM

sorry kami but i have to disagree, When your like me and have a hard time making zeny you don't like the idea of having to upgrade gear when the system sucks and you'll lose your month(s) hard work to refine that one piece of gear... Sure cut back but completely remove i don't agree on

also i'm with facekiller, *buys upgraded gear when possible*

#52 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

sorry kami but i have to disagree, When your like me and have a hard time making zeny you don't like the idea of having to upgrade gear when the system sucks and you'll lose your month(s) hard work to refine that one piece of gear... Sure cut back but completely remove i don't agree on

also i'm with facekiller, *buys upgraded gear when possible*

Things were supposed to break, it's the way RO was initially designed.

iRO has over saturated the game with these certs, which were meant to be a rarity.

If you're having trouble making zeny, then I suggest you look around on the forums or ask other players for some advice.

In the current state of renewal, it's fairly easy to get your foot in the door.

#53 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

+1

#54 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

I agree with the premise of this thread.  Despite not being rich enough to buy certs regularly (i.e. pretty much never), I still try to upgrade stuff.  I can't count the number of things I've broken trying to get what I wanted.  Fortunately, thanks to the cheap prices of gear and weapons, I typically have no issues buying a bunch of unupgraded stuff and breaking it trying to get what I want.  It's pretty nice actually, because I can spend around 1-2 mil (with the risk of breaking) and make a gear or weapon that would have otherwise cost me anywhere from 10-90mil.  People gotta stop being so afraid to take risks.  The only thing I have used certs on recently was my Scorpio Crown, and that only because they are unbelievably rare.

#55 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:34 PM

bump

#56 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:34 PM

I think we need a reminder as this is still relevant.

#57 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:19 PM

I would actually like to see Safe Certs removed all together.

But before this, I would like to see the enchant system changed.

Enchants should not be considered great price modifiers, and more as an attainable equipment boost. I could go into detail about this, but I think it's a tad bit late for it.

#58 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:56 AM

I think the refinement system is fine as it is. Maybe enriched hammer needs to be here permanently.  There's nothing wrong with allowing all players to have access to +9 gears, while the company earn some revenue in the process. +9 are hardly an end game gear by today's standards. Gods and MvPs are. +12 gears are still pretty rare and expensive, but not required by newer players by any means. 

Safe 7 and enriched are pretty well thought out plan for Renewal and its Cash Shop gear. The primary issue here is not with the refinement system or Safe 7, but it's about how are any worthwhile gears for average players are from the Cash Shop, which nobody seems to protest. Most of these Cash Shop gears would not function properly without being upgraded to +9, which is probably the only reason to upgrade to be honest for most players. It's not a very sound business plan to have these player break their Cash shop gears trying to get to +9 to unlock its effect, while the company can potentially earn even more revenue by putting up the Casio of the refinement system we have today. 

Also back in the early RO, you don't really need +7 gears. Getting to +4 was pretty hard already because only thing that would drop elu / ori were the MvPs. People were hunting MvP just fine on +0 gears. Now you can't even get into bio4 party without some decked out +9, especially if you're DPS classes. And situation will get even worse if you deny access to +9 gears to many players. 

The price modifier was really caused by enriched hammer event, we would not see any of that if he is here to stay permanently. People will still buy HD Elu / Ori anyways for +9 to +10 upgrade.

#59 g0su

g0su

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:45 PM

Agreed 100%, we need this challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users