Everybody's Gettin' Scammed! - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

- - - - -

Everybody's Gettin' Scammed!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#26 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

Very, very nice guide. Thanks for posting it and for being so clear and logical in explaining WHY these scammers should be recognized as such and NOT trusted!
I had a good LOL @ the "geocities or angelfire websites" offering WarpPortal points, etc.

Also agree with the other forum users' suggestions mentioned so far in this thread. Great idea to have this front and center where it will hopefully be seen and read by players who aren't yet seasoned veterans of the scam tactics that are often used. Plus 1000!

#27 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

or you can just be a hardass like me and never loan out anything :3

Btw, wheres saanta, i want my freakin (8) caliburn back! lol

#28 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:40 AM

Between the forums and the GM ticket tool we have seen a ton of scam reports coming in lately.

I have put together a little guide with some of the most common tricks, how to avoid them, and why you shouldn't fall for them in the future.

Granted, most everyone on these forums is pretty savy about this kind of stuff, but I hope this guide proves helpful to some!

https://support.warp...ng-and-you.aspx

Qilin, there is someone messaging players ingame, asking them to log in their details into a dodgy site, with the end promise, that the player, will be turned into a GM. Its a pretty low down trick and hopefully this unsavoury player will be removed pronto from the game.

#29 Guest_Qilin_*

Guest_Qilin_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

If you are referring to a "certain admin" I'm already on it :(

#30 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

If you are referring to a "certain admin" I'm already on it :(

Appreciated xD
Thanks very much Qilin =)

#31 mugo

mugo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:02 AM

So when I got scammed, there's no way I cab back ny item/zulie back? Lost 550m for +15 chiva aurum helm with just 2 dura in a bundle deal. I overlook that one.

#32 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

So when I got scammed, there's no way I cab back ny item/zulie back? Lost 550m for +15 chiva aurum helm with just 2 dura in a bundle deal. I overlook that one.

send a ticket in, dont even bother asking here because they wont say much about it.

https://support.warpportal.com/

#33 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

Now that is a very nasty little scam we are all well aware of and Zep has already posted about it. If you see this happening, make sure to take detailed screenshots (just make sure the item names and character names) of both the buy and sell shops then submit a ticket to the GM team so they can investigate and take appropriate actions :glomp:

I send a ticket about that because that happened to me, there was someone selling a weapon cheap and someone buying it for a higher price so i sent a ticket about it and they just told me 2 wait and nothing has happened yet, I'm pretty sure i gave enough info about this issue but oh well, what can i do...

#34 sforstun

sforstun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Locationmanila PH
  • Server:DRACC!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

and the kid is gone, i smell who got owned in these thread =))

#35 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

People be warned! There is a fake callum out there, attempting to get you to go a website. He promises free IM points if you log in and vote. This is a scam. Please don't fall for it. Just ss the entire convo, and send it in with a ticket reporting him.

#36 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

New Scammer...Benderzmom..asking people to go to a site to vote for best clan. It is not me.

#37 Faldrin

Faldrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

New Scammer...Benderzmom..asking people to go to a site to vote for best clan. It is not me.

They are also promising a clan invite to Bendersmom's clan if you go to the site and "vote".

#38 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

Scammer at it again. Now using Benderrsmom and Bendersm0m. Please get rid of this guy. I submitted a ticket.

#39 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

lmao i logged in last night and was changing costumes and i got a whisper of someone asking if so and so was me cause they just got scammed. the scammer apparently stood next to my character and said it was me :s. of course scammers are lame but people should also learn to be careful. it goes both ways. in rare cases u might know someone for along time and they end up scamming you which is pretty lame but in cases like these where people use other char names or websites.. that's pretty much common sense lol "hey just enter your username and pw here" :s

#40 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

It is common sense to most of us, but so many get scammed Vu. A lot of people on Rose don't speak English well, a lot of people are really young, and I guess some are just gullible or too trusting. But after these scammers use a version of my name I get whispers and people come up and yell at me for scamming their friend, etc. It sucks because I feel badly for them.

#41 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

Small question, I'm seeing people sell stuff for 1.000.000.000.000 while the max I can put in vend is 9.999.999.999. Thats 10 nine's there, the first number has 12 zero's, which is more. Im leaving out what this is actually called as even online information isnt clear since different languages and types of english use different words for it.

So to make it a little more clear, the first number is a thousand billion zulies, the second one only 9,9 billion zulies....... so whats going on here?

How can someone vend/sell and item for such a large amount of money in their shop when its impossible, I tried to keep pressing zero's, since perhaps it continues after I see them added but no luck.

#42 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

Logi, just wipe all the numbers on the amount line out and hit ok/confirm auto maxs it out.

#43 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

Thank you, thats a very clear answer. I tried and it works :), now only the question remains why this is possible, I'm guessing to give people to possiblity to showcase their items and wait for offers? Unless someone actually has 1000 billion zulies haha.

#44 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

No idea why, probably because someone put xxx,xxx,xxx down for what they could buy something at but people wanted xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx for it and people scammed items off others because you couldn't trade or sell items for that high.

#45 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

Some do do that, so that they can recieve offers for the item, without having to worry about actually selling it. This way, the potential customer can see the stats, dura, etc.

#46 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

Guys, the voting scam is going around again. If anyone asks you to go to a website to vote for a clan, don't believe them. ( I can't believe I am having to do this).

#47 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

What name and clan are they using now?  The devs said send a ticket and personally I would msg Shazamo and tell him the name(s) of the char doing it.  Maybe Shazamo can post a message in game as well.  Too many people fall for this scam.

#48 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:51 AM

Idk for sure, one of my clannies told me about it. Unfortunately, he didn't ss any of the convo.

#49 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

Scammer running around again,  Now using Bendermom (without the S).  Asking people for gear so they can win a PVP tournament.  When they win they will share the winnings with them and give the items back.  It is not me.

#50 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

Also one named 0neMorePanda. This is a scammer. Panda's char is called OneMorePanda. He has already taken in a clannie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users