108 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

So currently Old Card Albums do not drop Deviling, Maya Purple, or Ghostring cards.

There have been couple possible ideas that have come to mind on how to introduce these cards to albums in game.

1. Stop all most sources of the current Old Card Album, going forward all monsters and quests can give a new Oldish Ancient Card Album that contains the new cards.

Treasure Boxes will continue to from OCAs which will can always be exchanged for Ancient Card Albums.

Update 1: It appears that option 1 is what we are going with. Now what we are thinking of doing is offering the following exchange rate of old to new.

3 Old Card Albums : 2 1 Oldish Ancient Card Albums

Why an exchange? Someone at some time had to work to earn these card albums, and they did expend a huge amount of opportunity cost by holding onto/hording/purchasing/filling a swimming pool with them and rolling around on them.

Tomorrow I will try to post a list of what cards will be included in the new card album. Keep in mind that mini boss cards will be RARE even if they are included in the list.

OR

2. Create a Ancient Card Album, this album would be a very rare treasure box plus possible MVP reward that contains all mini boss/mvp cards.. we are talking just above card rate in dropping the album but it is a for sure rarer card.

Comments please people.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

I would not like to see option 2 as it rules out a large majority of players (I don't believe the current spawns are enough) and it shouldn't be a WoE exclusive item.

OCAs are available through multiple PVM/Quest sources. Option 2 would need to reflect this

#3 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

I think if you were going to do the first option you should be able to trade all the 'depreciated' OCAs for the new ones, at a rate of 1:2 or 1:3.

The second idea is interesting....but I'm not so sure about that. I dont mind the idea of putting something like MCA as a reward at like .1-2%. But putting all MVP cards in there will cause more issues than it solves (probably).

Honestly I'd just prefer you just included them in with the current OCAs with no elaborate changes. This is how it was designed and supposed to be implemented, why cant we just have that.

Edited by Themes, 24 July 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#4 kbb93

kbb93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Option 1...

Provides a clean sleight and is most fair.

Edited by kbb93, 25 July 2013 - 04:59 AM.

#5 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Option 2 yueahha !!!!111

#6 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Allowing some rare MvP drops to contain Mystical Card Album near card rate may not be horrible... but random MvP cards is a bad bad.

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

-_- I missed that.

Containing MVP CARDS would be huge nono.

#8 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

If you are going to go ahead with option 2, you would have to be careful with how it is obtained. It cannot become too common or the market will become flooded. If it's rare it's not a bad thing but it cannot be a WoE exclusive item, everybody should have the means to get it. An MvP reward wouldn't be too bad (possibly top of ET reward?) and a few other sources maybe.

Option 1 is a lot cleaner and allows GR/DR/MP to enter the market as it was intended to.

#9 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

i dont see why you cant just place them into the card albums that are already out if forced to am find with a 2.1 exchange rate on the new ones that is more then fair  since some of yall feel that having 1k ocas = 4 dozen gr cards .

number 2 is a no no if you can acquire a mvp card from it  am fine with it being a random mvp reward say fixed rate 0.05% and it only gives mini boss cards it will still be a expensive item to buy form players and a nice incentive to mvp more even the crappy mvps would be killed more.

#10 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Just put them in current ocas!

YOLO

#11 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Dont put MvPs cards, absolute NO! is really stupid idea.

#12 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

Honestly I'd just prefer you just included them in with the current OCAs with no elaborate changes. This is how it was designed and supposed to be implemented, why cant we just have that.

This is the reaction of most people whenever there is any sort of customization brought up. Just do this please.

#13 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

1. Stop all sources of the current Old Card Album, going forward all monsters and quests can give a new Oldish Card Album that contains the new cards.

Makes most sense.

#14 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

i dont see why you cant just place them into the card albums that are already out

Because people shouldn't be rewarded for anticipating that the GM's will cave on their decisions?

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 24 July 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#15 superlegit

superlegit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

option 1 is the only reasonable option.

#16 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

So currently Old Card Albums do not drop Deviling, Maya Purple, or Ghostring cards.

There have been couple possible ideas that have come to mind on how to introduce these cards to albums in game.

1. Stop all sources of the current Old Card Album, going forward all monsters and quests can give a new Oldish Card Album that contains the new cards.

OR

2. Create a Ancient Card Album, this album would be a very rare treasure box plus possible MVP reward that contains all mini boss/mvp cards.. we are talking just above card rate in dropping the album but it is a for sure rarer card.

Comments please people.

mystical card album does this already :/

#17 cadan

cadan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

option 1

#18 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

mystical card album does this already :/

No, it doesn't.  It drops miniboss cards, not MvP Cards.

#19 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Comments please people.

so, that mean, current hundreds of stockpiled OCA that some player dreaming about getting GR/DR/MP from it will be burned. The Old Card Album will vanish due to no influx but high efflux

and

players are forced to regain their dreams by gathering from scratch the new Oldish Card Album...

option #1 is more balanced imo

#20 DVXTC

DVXTC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

No, it doesn't.  It drops miniboss cards, not MvP Cards.

Did they change the way MCA works or something? I remember back on Loki, my friend opened a MCA and got a Dracula Card. If that isn't a MVP, then I don't know what is. :|

Edited by DVXTC, 24 July 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#21 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Did they change the way MCA works or something? I remember back on Loki, my friend opened a MCA and got a Dracula Card. If that isn't a MVP, then I don't know what is. :|

You are remembering wrong. MvP cards never came out of MCAs.

#22 DVXTC

DVXTC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

You are remembering wrong. MvP cards never came out of MCAs.

Well, she sure as hell didn't MVP Dracula. And I specifically remember her telling me she had one MCA and decide to open it and sent me a screenie of the card in her inventory(again, this was back in like 2008 or 9? I've already given away that old laptop so I do not have those screenies anymore) and made comments about how that card would be nice for TKMs.

#23 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Well, she sure as hell didn't MVP Dracula. And I specifically remember her telling me she had one MCA and decide to open it and sent me a screenie of the card in her inventory(again, this was back in like 2008 or 9? I've already given away that old laptop so I do not have those screenies anymore) and made comments about how that card would be nice for TKMs.

Well I can't really say what happened there! I just know MvP cards are not part of the MCA droptable. They never have been as far as I know, but I can't comment on your specific situation.

#24 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

im ok with both options...anything to piss the RMT off.

#25 maelstorm123

maelstorm123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

Make the option 1. Include all GR/DR/MP/AR into OCA's. But please when you do this dont forget to change all the mvp rewards all the monster drops :p_laugh: Most of the time you just forget somethings and we will have 1293818920 people searching these albums in the maps and somehow (?) not finding them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users