Card Albums and Rare Cards - Page 2 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Card Albums and Rare Cards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#26 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Well I can't really say what happened there! I just know MvP cards are not part of the MCA droptable. They never have been as far as I know, but I can't comment on your specific situation.

There were some fake rumors like around when we first had MCA's, but turned out to be wrong. (dracula does ring a bell). they have never ever had MVPs in them before though.

I think the real question is should the people holding 100's of OCA's right now be entitled to get GR/DR etc as soon as they are implemented? traditionally thats how it works but in the interests of squeezing more life out of classic option 1) makes sense.

Just make it temporary for 3-6 months then fully enable OCA's so that there is only "one" OCA type in existance otherwise it'll get confusing later on, OCA's being sold to ppl hoping for DR's etc.

#27 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

I think the GM's just plan on having the Oldish Card Album drop from everything that drops Old Card Album atm, so the Old Card Album's will phase out.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 24 July 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#28 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Most of the people holding large amounts right now are guilds (there are probably a few exceptions) but most of the guild leaders on the server have probably been stockpiling waiting for this to finally get addressed. These are very useful cards for guilds in both PvM/PvP and should be available. Now that gear has been unbound they can finally be put into Valk Armor etc and be used as guild items. Another thing to consider is that right now OCAs (which have gone up in price over the last couple of months) are also a large part of funding siege for some guilds and being able to sell some they have been holding on if funds get low, I'm not sure how the value of the current OCAs would hold with either of these options.

If people still have issues with how many cards this will introduce through straight up adding them what's a decent compromise? Right now there's very few cards on the server, we *might* double the number of GRs but we'd increase the number of MP/DR quite a bit I'm sure. I'm curious how rare people feel these should be on a year old server with 1.5x base rates, vip and HE gum everywhere.

#29 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

It'd be no different to if they'd been in from the start.

Actually its less because they waited for a larger card pool

#30 c00las

c00las

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

Kk to be fair to all guilds make OCA 3:1 for MCA ... MCA only drop 4 rare cards which is gr,dr,maya p, angeling da rest of da box will be other mini boss cards those 4 high ends card will be 1% drop rate ratio...the second idea is lil bit too much revise it instead of ancient old album make it MCA same cards, rates as I mentioned.... Make MVping interesting make all mvp drop MCA with 1% ratio.... Also twice a month make an custome monster that drop 1 random god item piece the MVp should be look cool like GM custom or something so people would enjoy it.... One more thing dont make it overpower people will rage quit if that happens...

EDIT : make a npc MCA-OCA changer and for da ration 3:1 is low make it 4:1 or 5:1 since guild master can obtain 8-15 OCA every castle holds

Edited by c00las, 24 July 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#31 AMzobud

AMzobud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

No minis/MVP cards please.

Thanks

#32 cadan

cadan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

Never do MCA every again.

#33 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

I really think that they should just be included in all the current old card albums.  The game was intended for them to drop out of OCA, and we shouldn't be punishing guilds for saving their OCAs nor people for buying them off the market.  The trading of the current OCAs for the new OCAs at 2:1 or 3:1 is still not an acceptable solution.  Why are we punishing players for doing the smart thing and investing? If regular OCAs get "phased out," that is a big hit to a lot of players who either have been buying them or have been saving them, and that's hardly fair.  

The game is supposed to be this way, I don't quite see why we don't just let things work as they are supposed to.  And obviously there aren't going to be dozens of GRs coming out, people.  Come on.

#34 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

There are so many cards in the OCA pool now, the chance of getting a GR is very tiny. Adding them to OCAs will make very little impact. If you still feel it'll be too much, do option 1 but I prefer just letting them get added to the OCA pool.

#35 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

There are so many cards in the OCA pool now, the chance of getting a GR is very tiny. Adding them to OCAs will make very little impact. If you still feel it'll be too much, do option 1 but I prefer just letting them get added to the OCA pool.

This.

I don't understand how everyone thinks that suddenly there's going to be like 100 GRs on the server.  I opened probably 200 OCAs on Valk server and the best thing I ever got was an AK card.  Then again, a friend of mine opened one once and got a MP on his first try, but that's the name of the game.  

#36 c00las

c00las

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

I really think that they should just be included in all the current old card albums. The game was intended for them to drop out of OCA, and we shouldn't be punishing guilds for saving their OCAs nor people for buying them off the market. The trading of the current OCAs for the new OCAs at 2:1 or 3:1 is still not an acceptable solution. Why are we punishing players for doing the smart thing and investing? If regular OCAs get "phased out," that is a big hit to a lot of players who either have been buying them or have been saving them, and that's hardly fair.

The game is supposed to be this way, I don't quite see why we don't just let things work as they are supposed to. And obviously there aren't going to be dozens of GRs coming out, people. Come on.

OCA don't drop dr,gr,maya p. it was implemented if I'm not mistaken between juperos and Rachel patch now diz is classic means old school RO if u know wat I mean we trying to figure it out how da server will be balance if u just keep thinking about urself and not for da rest of us, yes implement mini boss card in OCA cuz certain players have tons of them including u but in gms prospective they looking for bigger picture...

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

OCA don't drop dr,gr,maya p. it was implemented if I'm not mistaken between juperos and Rachel patch now diz is classic means old school RO if u know wat I mean we trying to figure it out how da server will be balance if u just keep thinking about urself and not for da rest of us, yes implement mini boss card in OCA cuz certain players have tons of them including u but in gms prospective they looking for bigger picture...

Wrong.

#38 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

Bull-_-. Miniboss cards have always been in OCAs. I have leaked server code to prove you wrong but I don't think the GMs want that being posted here.

#39 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

I'm not trying to flame here, but maybe this is the opportunity for the administration to stop trying to fix what isn't broken (OCAs, account bound gears, etc) and to start fixing what actually is broken.  (hoards of bots, KVM, etc)

#40 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

I really think that they should just be included in all the current old card albums.  The game was intended for them to drop out of OCA, and we shouldn't be punishing guilds for saving their OCAs nor people for buying them off the market.

No, your logic is flawed. You shouldn't be rewarded for saving OCA's for something that was never said to happen.

If the OCA's don't drop GR/DR/MayaP then why would you assume it's going to happen later? AFAIK people had inside information and were told it was going to change later, not fair IMO!

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 24 July 2013 - 11:59 PM.

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

it was never said to happen, it was said "not now because the card pool is too small"

Which makes perfect sense, so people have a 1/1000 chance instead of a 1/300 they would have had at the start of the server.

Edited by Xellie, 25 July 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#42 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

tl'dr

most fair for everyone to add mini boss cards to new oca's IF they are added at all

#gamemorebalancedwithoutmvp/minibosscards

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 25 July 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#43 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

great, people rant about ocas and now we're one step away from getting MVP card albums (probably kafra shop too)

if they do option one, then i know what the next lucky box will look like...

#44 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

What if you added the Ancient Card Album as rare castle drop and make it just like a regular OCA, except that it does contain GR/MP/DR and leave the current OCA's as they are?

Edited by Morlord, 25 July 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#45 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

Option 1 is balanced.

Also never put gr/dr/mp in kafra shop.

Edited by Victoryblood, 25 July 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#46 kbb93

kbb93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

No, your logic is flawed. You shouldn't be rewarded for saving OCA's for something that was never said to happen.

If the OCA's don't drop GR/DR/MayaP then why would you assume it's going to happen later? AFAIK people had inside information and were told it was going to change later, not fair IMO!

Nail on the head in my opinion. I KNOW some people are getting insider information days or weeks before an update happens and are exploiting it. For this reason I think option 1 is the only fair choice we have for Classic if we are in fact implementing GR/DR into OCA's. For the people who saw an opportunity and took it to smart investing (I've stocked quite a few), it's too bad insider trading ruined it.

Also never put gr/dr/mp in kafra shop.

Second.

Edited by kbb93, 25 July 2013 - 04:57 AM.

#47 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

Nail on the head in my opinion. I KNOW some people are getting insider information days or weeks before an update happens and are exploiting it. For this reason I think option 1 is the only fair choice we have for Classic if we are in fact implementing GR/DR into OCA's. For the people who saw an opportunity and took it to smart investing (I've stocked quite a few), it's too bad insider trading ruined it.

What?! Like who?  The rest of the playerbase should NOT have to suffer for an extremely small number (if any) of peoples' foolishness.

Also, what Xellie said.

Edited by Melkor, 25 July 2013 - 05:25 AM.

#48 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

Second.

You do realize the reason he's saying this is because HE was given incorrect "insider info" by heimdallr, since "them never coming in" contradicts what I saw posted publicly, yet that is what he keeps claiming?

I was under the impression that they "were to be considered" and that was said a very long time, from the get go the word was "not yet because there's not enough cards"

So working both on information given to the community and the common sense of how the game worked before, should I actually be punished for my prudence?

This has nothing to do with insider info, if you search the forums you will find statements by WP staff saying "not yet" and "It's under consideration", which gave players long term reasons to keep their OCAs.

Frankly the statements are ridiculous by a lot of players and it's really tiring to read misinformed suggestions, nobody is taking into account how statistically, not many GRs are likely to be produced. It would be much healthier for the game community and the economy for these to be "slightly" more available. And a spawn event or spawn increase would actually create more GRs than opening the current backlog of OCAs which will, theoretically, produce LESS GR/MP/DR than if they had been in the OCAs since the start of the server.

I could SS my OCA collection and you will be very surprised at how small it actually is.

numbers: If you made another GR spawn on the game hourly , that is 24 more chances per day at a card. So you're looking at

48 chances per day + 6 chances + 32 + (is HT GR in? not sure so I haven't included it) + 24 for a new spawn or 116 GR kills per day on the server.

+ 1 per week for ET.

Given gum rates, card should drop at a higher chance than a GR from an OCA.

compared to.... the average castle giving like 1~2 OCAs (WoE 1) per day = 40 chances per day to get a GR card at a lower rate than killing GR would.

Lets say WoE 2 castles give 3~4 OCAs per day. Which only high econs do so this is generous @ 40 more per day so look at that, the entire server combined gets 80 chances per day from WoE Castles to get a GR compared to the 92 natural spawns per day. If you don't add more spawns of events like people are suggesting. Adding more spawns would be *WORSE*

I have under 1k OCAs from stockpiling the life of the entire server. I should get *one* if I'm lucky, but even then, I probably won't. Kinda makes up for the number of times I haven't been able to hunt GR cause of bots / being busy adding lifeblood to the game.

Plus clearing them out of the game means lots of rare cards will come on to the market. It would add much needed life to the economy right now. I would predict a total of like 5 GRs MAX hitting the server. It's honestly that low of a chance.

#49 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

Idc keep Maya Purples out.  It'd be nice if Stalker recallers could remain viable since 5 MPs impact that class a lot more than 5 GRs.

#50 kbb93

kbb93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

^I don't even want to read this. You put wayy too much effort into that one Xellie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users