10PM WoE - 0 Siege Weapons. Final Destination - War of Emperium - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

10PM WoE - 0 Siege Weapons. Final Destination

12 replies to this topic

#1 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

So we've been floating this idea awhile within the guild - primarily because the entire server hates siege weapons. What if there was a WoE without siege weapons? Well, we're gonna try to make that happen tonight, at least on our end.

For the 10PM EST WoE tonight (and the rest of the weekend if it works out well), Collision will not use any siege weapons. This includes everything:

- Barricades

- Cannons/Catapults/Roflbows/Singijeons/Mortars

- Statues

- Kafras

Key points for both attackers and defenders:

1. Rams will be allowed for the opposing guilds, because obviously it would be impossible to take town a wall without rams.

2. Kafras should not be allowed because it is going to do nothing but create a large turtle-fest in choke points.

3. All the bases are still up for grabs. Advancement, Strength and Protection.

Please be advised that this pact is expected and should remain mutual between attackers and defenders. We'd expect opposing guilds to follow the same rules, as they're the ones who proposed this idea multiple times.

So wait yo, why do this now?

Well, frankly the developers don't want to make the community's voice heard. The community CLEARLY hates siege weapons, so we want to test a WoE without any siege, and see what the result is. I am hoping it attracts more people to WoE.

This event primarily rides on the willingness of the community to carry it out, not the defenders. I am going to order all my guild mates to completely ignore siege for this WoE. I will also talk with other major guilds about this tonight and see what their input is on it. If we want this to work, it is up to you guys to make it happen.

Obviously, I cannot be everywhere on the map so I will not catch everybody setting up siege in any sneaky areas. If you spot any Collision members setting up siege, take a screenshot and let me know ASAP.

Edited by Fold, 27 July 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#2 Duke1987

Duke1987

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

This is nice  :p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love:

#3 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationChannel 5, Alberta, On top of a Lamp post.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

I hope that this would turn out good.  :rice:

#4 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

Too late yo.

#5 POWsTER

POWsTER

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

Late.

#6 Alvana

Alvana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

I encourage all guild members to come in even though their leader or ex-leader says otherwise. Who know? You might get a castle as a reward! And there's still events going on :)

Edited by Alvana, 27 July 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#7 Asur

Asur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

I really appreciate the effort that Collision is trying to make WOE work. However......

I know this has been said before many times, but blood point loss/gain for players needs to be completely removed from WOE. Only guardians should give BP. Until the Blood Point loss disincentive is removed, the majority of players will continue to boycott WOE (myself included). I want to have fun pvping, but not at the cost of my hard-earned Blood Points.

What is taking Gravity so long to implement a game changing tweak? The longer the wait, the harder it will be to turn around WOE.

Edited by Asur, 27 July 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#8 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

the current WoE system is completely crap. It needs a complete re-do like switching back to the basics such that it's a guild vs guild pvp system. It also needs some sort of alliance system where the allied won't be able to accidentally target each other. 

I've heard a lot of opinions from players and majority of them did not like this system. I completely agree with them. 

RO1's WoE is much superior.

#9 TomCrancy

TomCrancy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

You know it's bad when it's up to the players to try to make a game's aspect fun.

Hats off to Collision for trying.  Hope someone shows up.

#10 Billeh

Billeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

You guys must be really really bored every WoE. I mean, I'd love to join in and fight but it's just really hard to get people motivated about it anymore and there's really not much I can do by myself without getting farmed for BP. Heck, cant even jump at stragglers for some good fights since you all have them buffs/skills that make any sorta fight with a normal player a joke. I still poke on the map almost every time to see what's going on and I'm amazed you still get so many people there just running around doing nothing. IDK what can be done, and it sucks, but WoE for RO2 is just such a massive disappointment. Maybe something like this would have pushed people to join in a few weeks ago, but I fear its way too late now.

#11 jhazard18

jhazard18

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Too little, Too late

#12 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

unfortunately not everybody is that willing to donate em BP.. XD XD

#13 Vandrewmm

Vandrewmm

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

You know it's bad when it's up to the players to try to make a game's aspect fun.

Hats off to Collision for trying.  Hope someone shows up.

Yep, a little too late but on behalf of the server (no sarcasm intended), we're really thankful for the members of Collision that puts up with all the hate and still tries their best to fix the server!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users