iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

Its stupid to actually be forced to fight in an arena? Rather than sniping and running into the two rooms to hide/turtle?

Right coz that room only occupies only 1 dude. 

#27 AppSpin

AppSpin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Remove the Gigantic 1 through 5 and perhaps the scoring board during the rounds that allows people to view how many kills other such people have. I often pick my targets based off whose first and second in the final rounds and it can rob somebody whose doing amazingly well of a victory - essentially, remove the painted targets from our backs but allow us to track our own progress. Its strategic and will create more balance in the final round. If a melee in Round 5 is in 1st place and everyone is aware of that, they usually have to run away full tilt from the ranged DPS who are now mobbing them 5 on 1, if they continue the round without becoming a target. They've more opportunity to win.

Round 5 is ALWAYS about the last 10 seconds, where the 2nd place position usually overtakes the 1st purely because of this ganging mentality to 'screw the guy whose going to win' certain classes intentionally save their defensive super buff purely to survive this rush - its what allows priests, wizards and the like to 'hold onto' their win.

#28 Asur

Asur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Terrible, my rogue got eliminated in round 2 because I couldn't gauge how much the kills I got were worth, and so I couldn't know to start hitting monsters instead. Instead of encouraging smarter play it just dumbs things down to "attack everything you see", which I would think would be even worse for melee classes who have a hard time against ranged as it is, but now can't tell whether or not they should just farm monsters or if they can try to kill #1 and avoid elimination.

Try killing the sorcs and rangers? They are bound to be worth a good number of points with all the kills they get. On the bright side, everyone is focusing on them and less on melees since they are the easiest to kill, so it actually helps to balance melee vs ranged.

I would prefer "attack everything you see", rather than "chase the numbers". 

#29 2501130510102329613

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

it is really bad idea, earlier ppl atked priests/tanks only cause of their ranks, now u want to give them almost immortality, and some classes cant afford to kill any ranked participants cause of their long cds/low lvls of dmg skills etc, so their chance to be promoted decreased.

#30 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

thread couldn't make it to page 2 without flames

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME LOL

#31 Gerrr

Gerrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

Try killing the sorcs and rangers? They are bound to be worth a good number of points with all the kills they get. On the bright side, everyone is focusing on them and less on melees since they are the easiest to kill, so it actually helps to balance melee vs ranged.

I would prefer "attack everything you see", rather than "chase the numbers". 

And get kited forever? What? As a rogue about half of my kills are from using DI, and now I can't even tell if I actually got the kill or not. Unlike assassins who have speed and a shield and tanks who people tend to avoid now I have nothing.

And don't tell me how to play my rogue when I get to round 5 consistently just fine by playing smart and not blindly swinging my daggers around and getting smashed by everyone because I'm the squishiest melee class. Everybody knows PvP in this game isn't balanced, which is why you have to make up for it by using tactics and strategy. If you do colo "just for fun" then go to the PvP arena in prontera or something, because a lot of people such as myself only do it for the BP to turn into gear which is a chore.

Edited by Gerrr, 31 July 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#32 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

well i dont like the blind colo unless you can see your own rank and kills.. i got taken out in round 1 cuz i thought i was bugged. couldnt see if i killed anything everything stayed at 0 i was like wtf.. and trust me i tried. but i was so confused.. i lost pretty fast.

#33 7675130511200256733

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

it is really bad idea, earlier ppl atked priests/tanks only cause of their ranks, now u want to give them almost immortality, and some classes cant afford to kill any ranked participants cause of their long cds/low lvls of dmg skills etc, so their chance to be promoted decreased.

+1

Please return Colo to the way it was. Nobody attacks Priests or Tanks unless they are in the top 5. Remember that casters and other DPS classes are already soft targets, and that they get focused when they are ranked 1-5 the same way harder targets do. 

#34 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

Reposting what I posted before on other topic:

Best feature for colo since it got implemented.

It pretty much:

- Make people go to battle instead of hiding when get rank

- Make premade parties harder to pull people to next round

- Make exploiting the lay down bug useless since you don't know your position most of the time

- Adds excitement to a system that was terrible

- Probably more stuff

It is a good thing.

If it is a bug, LEAVE THE BUG, MAKE IT A FEATURE.

If people could see their kills/deaths it would make them go hiding. BAD thing.

Edited by 2204130521212213647, 31 July 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#35 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

I see priest being attacked more now and i've seen tanks get attacked all the same.

#36 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

People who exploited the "normal" non-blind colo will hate the blind colo. For obvious reasons.

#37 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

T_T yup us tanks still get targetted hahaha..

oh but i did notice today with the blind colo i got targeted for often then before lol

#38 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

repost from non-pinned thread:

I'd recommend hopefully 2 different modes of colo then. Not really fair to suddenly change it to have little to no strategy for everyone out of the blue (especially if you can't see your own kill count).

Mode 1: Normal Colo -- Normal Rewards

Mode 2: Blind Colo -- Different rewards?

I'd like that better

Edited by xxalucard, 31 July 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#39 AppSpin

AppSpin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

Priests are squishy targets once you make them burn their cooldowns, I've never had an issue with chasing priests regardless of their score. More often than not, the way to pick out a squishy target is looking at the clothing they're wearing and not their class. As a 'tank' I've always had the same people trying to kill me if they think they smell blood, nothing from that mentality changed things.

My only change in personal thought today was simply that I was unaware who the top 5 were, and it changed absolutely nothing until the 5th rounds, where I realized in both that the intensity and effort of everyone was balanced right until the end because nobody was trying to cherry pick their targets. You could simply remove the ranking numbers overhead - the score boards during the rounds. Instead of displaying personal ranking as a number, display a green arrow for advancing to next round(or first place in the final round) and a red arrow for elimination and have it flip between the two of them depending on position. And use the newfound HUD space for Kills: Player, Monster, and Death.

#40 2501130510102329613

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

I see priest being attacked more now and i've seen tanks get attacked all the same.

oh, and how many colos have u taken part in so far? 

i saw 3 tanks in 1 final, and 3 priests in another

and how did u notice that priests became to be atked more? are u observer in colo or what?

Edited by 2501130510102329613, 31 July 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#41 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

oh, and how many colos have u taken part so far? 

i saw 3 tanks in 1 final, and 3 priests in another

and how did u notice that priests became to be atked more? are u observer in colo or what?

6 colo today and I've been a tank and priest in some of those. I've been attacked by many people on both

#42 1189130511182831647

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

I really liked the idea.
Blind Colo just made some guys run for the battle till the end of the match, and it's something, cuz everytime there's someone that get a couple kills and just hide itself to save the position...

Here goes some ideas that I think that should work:

• The boss of every round that has about 220k HP should give some kind of special reward for everyone in colo that helped to kill it in time. It's gonna work like a "pause" of intense PVP for some seconds till the boss is dead, but PVP is still free for all.
  • At the last round, everyone should earn about 3k Blood Points for the participation (Again, yes), but only if the bosses (Like I said before) haven't being killed.
  • The Name table (Capslock) must work again, just to know who's in Colo.

I Also think that dividing Colo in 2 should work verywell like this:

- Normal Colo: Same thing as before, with normal rewards as we already know

- Blind Colo: Adding blind options and those ideas I listed above

It's actually like a dungeon where u can select Normal or Hard difficulties but u can't join both at same time. If u selected Normal, you r gonna play Normal and ONLY Normal for the rest of the hour.

That's what I think about it.... Let's group up some ideas and add them to the game to test it. :D

Edited by 1189130511182831647, 31 July 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#43 2501130510102329613

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

The Name table (Capslock) must work again, just to know who's in Colo.from ur guild/premade group

fixed

#44 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

My suggestions:

1. Keep kill counts.

2. Only we can see our own personal rankings( the number below the timer, not on our heads.)

3. Remove the names/KC list.

#45 LadyRava

LadyRava

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

I'm  a bit torn on it. Without visible rankings there would be even less reason to target tanks, so squishy classes would get killed even more than they do now. It definitely makes things more chaotic, but you should be able to at least see your own kills to know how well you're doing.

Round 5 would need some work with the scoring system. Unless one person gets significantly more kills than everyone else, round 5 will still be won by the person to last hit rank 1. Without knowing who got that kill, the winner will basically be random as long as you get a kill in the last 30 seconds and don't die. To make this work, all kills would need to be weighted the same.

#46 teban

teban

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

My suggestions:

1. Keep kill counts.

2. Only we can see our own personal rankings( the number below the timer, not on our heads.)

3. Remove the names/KC list.

This!!

#47 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

I played this one and gotta say that some of the major fun came from NOT knowing my ranking

why? cuz when the window showing if Im in or out came to view I was like "OMG did I make it? WOHOO!"

and when I was eliminated I was like "awwww"

but it sure felt like a TV show where you get to see "whats behind the curtain"

maybe at round end it would be nice to know which was my ranking, but not during game.

Because in my case, I never really paid attention to having other than THAT BIG NUMBER 1 OVER MY HEAD, and knowing my ranking would only mean that I dont have the need to fight if I know I'll pass anyway, hence ppl will start kiting, or only running away, or stay hidden (like me), or going back to the teaming up premade and all that stuff...

Having THAT BIG NUMBER OVER YOUR HEAD only made you a target, but knowing your ranking allows you to say you are safe or not for the next round.

about the kills, I would like to see if I got one or not XP

altho its another source of frustration since I can immediatelly tell I got KSed XD!!!

add a point meter then? like +100 for player kill, +25 for 3k mob kill, +150 for 15k mob kill, -50 for player death, -25 for mob death, -10 for boss nuke and so, just to give an idea XP

#48 CSTMS

CSTMS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

I think the current ranking system should be removed somehow. I like how this blind-colo is, but the last round is even more random this way. Make each frag count as 1 point. Well, some classes kill more than others... What if the were able to see the rankings, but only during that last match?

Edited by CSTMS, 31 July 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#49 1189130511182831647

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

I played this one and gotta say that some of the major fun came from NOT knowing my ranking

why? cuz when the window showing if Im in or out came to view I was like "OMG did I make it? WOHOO!"

and when I was eliminated I was like "awwww"

That's the spirit bro! :D

This is more fun than the old fashioned way. And like I said before:

I Also think that dividing Colo in 2 should work verywell like this:

- Normal Colo: Same thing as before, with normal rewards as we already know

- Blind Colo: Adding blind options and those ideas I listed above

It's actually like a dungeon where u can select Normal or Hard difficulties but u can't join both at same time. If u selected Normal, you r gonna play Normal and ONLY Normal for the rest of the hour.

Edited by 1189130511182831647, 31 July 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#50 8903130527120134823

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

I think we should put into a vote.

However, as a user with multiple characters including priest, tank, sorc, ranger, and wiz, I think this is a bit hard to sorc/rangers/wiz since people don't want to fight priests and tanks unless they ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO and instead focus on easy killable characters.

On the other hand, i personally think this is a bit more fair because it's hard to team up since you don't know who you are in the game with(unless you use the chat or just know by their appearances), and people are more aggressive =>more dynamic colo, a fun colo cuz i like dyanmic pvps.

Let's be honest.

I hated being sorc and ranger cuz people focused me. I absolutely loved being a tank and the priest because i can just ks and run away and nobody would follow me and try to take me out of the game.

Sorc/rangers are generally better at colo than any other characters out there. The tanks, a bit hard to safely land on round 5.

No bs cuz i know priests have no problem winning the colo. But really, my under equipped sorc/rangers won more colo in shorter period of time than my main character, priest. They're OP.

To sum up,

I bet,

Most of the people who hates this "feature" = Squishy DPS ->they win colo more than any other characters

Most of the people who likes this "feature" = tank and priests.

So I say it's balanced now. Also it helps preventing teaming up.

I honestly thought this was another "feature" and i thought it is a brilliant idea. Never thought of it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users