#1 kyogen

kyogen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationSouth Prontera
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Well, I am lvl 48 right now, and I have like 6 skill points. When I created my sin, I was planning to use SA but then somebody told me that SA was glitchy so I didn't put any skill points on it. So right now I am not sure if it is still glitchy or not. Any sin out there that can confirm this?

#2 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

I just made mine and have been using it... I declare myself as a COMPLETE noob on the sin department, but I gave 1 point to SA and have been using it on the mermen in izlude without any major trouble, crash or bug so far, maybe once I try it out in colo they'll pop up...

in any case, the bug supposedly will be fixed... someday... so rather than asking if giving points or not, why not ask if its recomendable to max or stay with only 1 point? because its a damn useful skill!!

#3 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

UPDATE:

Issues that are likely to be fixed in next week's patch (8/7)
-Shadow assault and Frost bite skills
-Crashing in colosseum (more fixes)
-Framerate issues (still being researched, but are making progress)

#4 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

It mostly works in PvE. There are three separate(?) bugs that all hit hardest in PvP.

1) A moving target will frequently cause shadow assault to fail between the jump and the hit with a "Target not in range" message displayed. Shadow Assault is our only counter to Rangers. It does not function against Rangers right now.
2) It can crash your client in Colo

3) You can get stuck in the jump animation indefinitely

Still worth a point. No matter how you're using it a big part is the gapclose/knockdown utility and one point is all it needs for that. I'd only recommend going past level 1 for a hardcore PvP build.

Edited by SparklingLimeade, 02 August 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#5 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

Shadow Assault used to be practically instant instead of the smooth jumping curve it has now -- it was a guaranteed knockdown with no failing. It's still reliable to knock Wizards and Sorcerers down if you can time the jump on their casting animation in colo. Regardless, SA is definitely worth the 1 point for utility. It's great for leveling and there are also dungeon/raid situations where you need to be able to CC adds and instantly bounce to the place you want to be on the battlefield. For example, earlier today while doing bapho H, the horongs weren't being properly dealt with and one almost spelled our demise until I bounced over there and stopped it from happening. SA makes sin great at handling single-spawned adds that don't need to be tanked, like Sehee's bat things for example.

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 02 August 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#6 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

I heard some people max Shadow assault instead on putting a point on Dark illusion. 20 sec cooldown doing a good damage to KS on Colosseum, if you miss, well, that's bad luck. I'm thinking on buy another reset skill to test it on colosseum and WoE tho.

1 point on it is a must.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users