4 replies to this topic

#1 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

I'm an Assassin but this also applies to Rogue too. Right now I've got a metric ton of BP saved up and I'm just waiting for Tier 2 to roll around, so sadly I need VIT runes to be able to compete in H raids/CoA N raids right now. I'm sitting at 6K unbuffed which is a nice number to have for someone without colo gear, however my question is what runes do I go for when tier 2 colo rolls around?

I have PW maxxed as it is an insane DPS increase in one ability however its damage comes from STR, not AGI, whereas AGI lets me crit more and dodge more. Which is better to have, STR for higher, more consistent damage with higher PW damage (and bonus parry) or AGI for more crits and dodge? Would a 50/50 mix be a good option? Thanks!

#2 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Locationbottom of a bottle
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

Agi or go home. with that agi you can dodge more attacks IE(boss attacks). agi = you live more

#3 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

I haven't run the numbers but I favor agi as well. This thread explains how the str/agi breakpoint works and for the most part str will increase damage more than agi but our gear gains str and attack faster than agi so with higher tier gear agi will become better. Either way the damage difference is small and dodge is a better defense anyway. I might actually muster some motivation and see about using the str/agi calculator in that stat thread to simulate T2 colo gear with either str or agi runes if you don't care to.

EDIT: Threw in T2 colo gear and some test numbers. Looks like str still gives more damage but it's pretty close.
8aolhOO.png

Edited by SparklingLimeade, 03 August 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#4 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:03 AM

In general I like to stack AGI on Sin and STR on Rogue. Sin hits so fast with so many different skills that having as many of them as possible crit is better since you always have your attack buff. Rogue can get a higher attack bonus than Sin or if their crit procs they'll have more crit than a Sin could possibly gear for. I'm fairly certain that if you gear for AGI on rogue and pot for it at all you probably end up hitting the cap. Haven't gotten my rogue to 50 yet but I have hit around 60% (I only have 33 to agi in my bonus only weapon slotted) on Sin while trying to take out tanks and priests asap so be aware it is possible on rogue to waste crit.

#5 Gerrr

Gerrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:17 AM

While I'm just theorycrafting, I would think rogues should go for STR since it not only increases the doping limit but it also scales with the 20% attack boost from doping, while agility doesn't affect poisoning weapon and you get a huge static 20% crit from doping as well.

I don't know about how the parry you gain from STR measures up to the dodge you get from AGI though, if we're talking survivability.

Edited by Gerrr, 06 August 2013 - 04:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users