• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GheeButtersnaps

GheeButtersnaps

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

which skill is better for pvp or should i get neither?

from what i have heard on the forums both skills are terrible. VA because of its long casting time and FA because of its terrible AI.

So should i get either of them for pvp or skip both of them.

#2 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Locationbottom of a bottle
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

FA is a full Colo build so dont go FA enless you got full colo gear to max out the dmg

#3 Appewz

Appewz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

I would disagree with FA being strictly a colo-build. 2 Falcons provides arguably the best burst DPS in the game, and is amazing in raids. Furthermore, colo gear is currently the top-tier equipment in the game, so every skill you use with colo gear is better than without.

As for differences between FA and AV for pvp purposes, I'd also reccommend Falcons. The AI can be buggy at times, but in Colo I've never found it to be an issue. It'll attack someone, however they are kiteable and can redirect their focus onto a different target if the original target runs too far. AV does have a long cast time, but on occasion you can get away with it among the chaos. Unfortunately, since it takes a while to be able to use AV at all, you may not see yourself even surviving long enough to use it. The same holds true in duels, you may never even be able to use AV in many cases, whereas Falcons are instacast.

#4 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

I have both av and fa (both lvl 1). I never use av in PvP. It takes too long to cast and you can't use it while moving. As for falcon - I mainly use it at the start of a match. Falcon is definitely better for PvP - trap on anyone, 2 falcons (+pet until they remove pets from colo) + ca double dmg from camo and pretty much guaranteed a kill if nobody else is focusing that target. However I pretty much only do this in early rounds to take out prebuffed players, because good timing on ca out of camo can pretty much guarantee a kill anyway - or if you are a bit late at least you won't be revealed out of camo. Falcons are arguably better for PvE too - damage 'scales' with vigor if you use it whenever its off cd, and for a single cast it does a lot more damage than av although its spread over 30s. I originally got my lvl 1 av for the khara but I do still use it in PvE occasionally when I feel like resetting fear breeze.

#5 MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

I've found my falcons to be incredibly useful in PvP, even moreso than pets. Why? Their damage is great for whittling down my first kill of a round, and then I typically change targets from them after that kill. But, here's the catch: unlike pets, the falcons' kills actually add to your kill count. So, falcons and poison arrow are your best friends for PvP purposes! :)

Hope I helped!

#6 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

But, here's the catch: unlike pets, the falcons' kills actually add to your kill count.

Kills you get from pets do add to your kill count too. There have been times when I use a pet on my sin remaining in stealth and scored a kill without ever revealing myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users