Auction House Scammer! - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Auction House Scammer!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
159 replies to this topic

#1 Garahe

Garahe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAlberta Ch.10
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

I cant help but notice all these players putting scam price on auction does any GM bother to check on these players anyway?

EX: Check recovery potion red potion 1pc for 30z wtf clear scammer punish these players GM.... Do your job please!!!!

#2 5391130503175245443

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

Ha ha ha!

Yeah, I have seen these people.  Clearly their intention is to take advantage of consumers to make zeny.  They are so messed up.  I don't know if GMs can do anything about it, although I wish they can ban these people from being able to use AH.  That would be AWESOME!

#3 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Locationbottom of a bottle
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

Welcome to TrollRo

dont like the price of Master pots? here is a idea make your own

dont take this the wrong way i dont like these(insert) any more then you but there is ways around them

#4 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

It's your responsibility to check what you're buying before actually buying it.

#5 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

damn the worst was when i bought 20 (thought it was a stack of 255) concentrated yggs for 180 gold, seemed like a good snipe till i checked my mailbox LOL

buyer beware though, it's kinda the buyer's fault

#6 Garahe

Garahe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAlberta Ch.10

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

Clearly these players intention is to scam other players using auction house, we know it our responsibility to be careful but wth is GM for anyway? 

#7 Dzonatan

Dzonatan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

Clearly these players intention is to scam other players using auction house, we know it our responsibility to be careful but wth is GM for anyway? 

You confuse scaming with irresponsible purchase.

Every player has the right to put up items at whatever price he sees fit.

Every player has to confirm their purchase.

There is no economic rule set in the game that obliges people to put items in fixed prices.

It's buyer own fault for making a wrong purchase.

Pay attention, dont blame others or try to vilify them for your own bad choices.

#8 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

this is the Job of the GM. looks in game to see if cash shop works. get coffee, put feet on desk. look at cash shop again. tell boss the game is working great. go to sleep with fat paycheck. repeat

note this is not the real job of a GM but this is how it looks from the players of the game

#9 Garahe

Garahe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAlberta Ch.10

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

You confuse scaming with irresponsible purchase.

Every player has the right to put up items at whatever price he sees fit.

Every player has to confirm their purchase.

There is no economic rule set in the game that obliges people to put items in fixed prices.

It's buyer own fault for making a wrong purchase.

Pay attention, dont blame others or try to vilify them for your own bad choices.

Youre the one whos confuse here bro,  these players intention is to deceit other players. And its not the price he sees fit. 

#10 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

Youre the one whos confuse here bro,  these players intention is to deceit other players. And its not the price he sees fit. 

even if the intention is to deceive other players there is no law to stop people from putting items up for what ever price they want. if i put a jellopy up for 100z and you buy it whos fault is it? and if you want to go on send in a ticket and wait a month for them to tell you the same thing.

#11 XionArcadia

XionArcadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationLavender Town
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

Stability in a market place what is already faltering will be one tough task. I think it comes down to their is not a large enough player base to have the necessity for crafted gear at this rate. Colo gear replaces crafted easy, certain pots are laughable, and content for raid gear is just too limited. It all comes down to the Devs.

#12 Garahe

Garahe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAlberta Ch.10

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

even if the intention is to deceive other players there is no law to stop people from putting items up for what ever price they want. if i put a jellopy up for 100z and you buy it whos fault is it? and if you want to go on send in a ticket and wait a month for them to tell you the same thing.

So now you agree that this players intention is to deceit/ scam other players... And theres no rule on scamming huh? I just have a

feeling you doing it too, correct me if im wrong though...

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

This happens in every other MMO that has an auction house. Always double-check and triple-check what you're buying before you buy it.

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

#14 Miraxe

Miraxe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNorth America - US

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

So now you agree that this players intention is to deceit/ scam other players... And theres no rule on scamming huh? I just have a

Ah, let's not make accusations here. I think SephySama is just pointing out that this is something you'll see in any game with a free (as in can put up whatever you want for whatever price you want) marketplace really. It's certainly not right morally for someone to be putting up items at those ridiculous prices, but it doesn't technically go against any rules. It's sort of like being able to cheat legally. I don't think the GMs can do anything about it, as limiting players from the AH seems like more of a dev issue.

The only thing I can suggest is to triple check what you're buying, and perhaps for potions, make an alch mule. I ended up doing that for myself (Rogue here- I need potions and they're not cheap). They're pretty easy to level up. You might also be able to find players willing to exchange job services with you (ex- a chef player making buff food to trade to an alch player making potions). I certainly understand your frustration with the situation as a whole, though. It is pretty terrible to take advantage of players who might not know the going price for many items and simply buy the first listing they see.

#15 Gerrr

Gerrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

How is trying to trick someone out of their money not scamming? Putting up a 100z jellopy isn't scamming because jellopy has no value in the first place so nobody is going to consider buying it, whereas master red potions are something that people pay attention to, even to the point of trying to snipe cheap deals before other people which is the core of this type of scam.

Of course the buyer is equally at fault for not paying attention, but a scam is a scam no matter how stupid the people it targets are.

#16 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

i said even (IF) the intention.

feeling? love thos feelings. i will not defend my self past this, do you see my name on the Auction House?

look for these names

SephySama

PressOn

JosH

Slayer

Ratz

OverlordJosH

JackTheStriper

LordLarry

last 2 slots are for when/if we get Lolis i'd give screenshots but they dont let you take them from the Char screen, and i only make more then 1 acc for GOOD games. this is not one of the good games

and if that dont put icing on the cake ask the players

#17 Dzonatan

Dzonatan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

No. They are not deciving anyone.

They are not lying to anyone.

It is you and only who is the problem.

AH interface fully shows the quantity and price of an item.

It is YOU who does not pay attention on what you are buying.

You can clearly see what kind of pots are listen and for what price.

It then falls down to you to make a consious decision to pay the set price for an item.

You are not forced to pay for those pots on AH if you find the price too high.

Stop blaming sellers for your bad decision!

You knew what you were buying,

you had access to full information on the transaction.

The fact that you chose to ignore it is not the sellers fault. IT IS YOURS!

Is it so hard to comprehand?

Edited by Dzonatan, 03 August 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#18 Garahe

Garahe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationAlberta Ch.10

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

Its for other players not me LOL! Just have a feeling you two are doing that and again just correct me if im wrong.  :rice:  :hmm:

Edited by Garahe, 03 August 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#19 Dzonatan

Dzonatan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

Its for other players not me LOL! Just have a feeling you two are doing that and again just correct me if im wrong.  :rice:  :hmm:

You can be also used as a plural...

#20 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

all ready said im not going to defend my self past what i posted

You can be also used as a plural...

plural i had to google it ahahahhaha +1

#21 RORose

RORose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

It is not the GM's job to govern all "normal" interactions between players.

#22 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

whereas master red potions are something that people pay attention to, even to the point of trying to snipe cheap deals before other people which is the core of this type of scam.

I've sniped plenty of cheap items before. I've also been sniped because I take those three extra seconds to double-check the quantity of what I'm buying. I have yet to make a mistake and get "scammed." If someone isn't willing to take the effort to check where they're throwing their money at, then they have no room to complain when that money lands somewhere bad.

#23 Gerrr

Gerrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:39 AM

I've sniped plenty of cheap items before. I've also been sniped because I take those three extra seconds to double-check the quantity of what I'm buying. I have yet to make a mistake and get "scammed." If someone isn't willing to take the effort to check where they're throwing their money at, then they have no room to complain when that money lands somewhere bad.

You're basically saying that people who get scammed deserve it because they should know better. I hope you realize what a poor argument this is.

#24 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:00 AM

You're basically saying that people who get scammed deserve it because they should know better. I hope you realize what a poor argument this is.

Yes, because unlike RL scams where they cheat you by throwing in a hidden clause somewhere or phishing, you can clearly see "is there a number on the item or not?" This is more like going to the grocery store and QQing because you bought the wrong brand. Check the label, then buy it.

#25 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

I cant help but notice all these players putting scam price on auction does any GM bother to check on these players anyway?

EX: Check recovery potion red potion 1pc for 30z wtf clear scammer punish these players GM.... Do your job please!!!!

So let me clarify the situation:

There is a list of items on the auction house with a set number of items, with a set amount to purchase it at and if we don't like what they are selling it at - we report them for scamming?

Well damn I've been doing it wrong the whole time - I just been either not buying said items or go make it myself.

You clearly do not understand the definition of scam. At best 'price gouging' would be the correct term to go with. Scamming is impossible to do on AH - the items are clearly presented with the amount followed by the required price to purchase it at. It's not the GMs job to make this game idiot proof.

Too bad this game doesn't punish people for being too stupid to read what is shown on their screen in the AH...oh wait it does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users