[c] general discussion on the state of classic - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

[c] general discussion on the state of classic

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#1 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

thoughts?

nost get all their stuff banned for botting? serious business can't be bothered to be serious anymore? jologs logged out for good?

don't think there was more than 60 people playing woe today.

Edited by cybernetic, 05 August 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#2 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

well i guess its time to quit iRO again until another classic appears with players.

#3 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

sinking-ship-300x206.jpg

#4 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Guess you guys finally got what you wanted now no one can out number you!!! De-ally vahalla and maybe fight them idk....  PVM server ftw!  Remember this is all the COMMUNITY's fault!   

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

We already agreed to unally prior to WoE today, but it's not really our fault when the rest of the server makes an alliance and expects VH to fight them solo without allying the only other solo guild on the server.

You reap what you sow.... and quite frankly seeing the rest of the server bitch out after forcing my hand is hilarious.

Get out, may some real guilds use the clean slate to play and compete.

behind my bravado is an actual serious point. We need to make the server appealing to groups, real competitive groups. They could start here and the server isnt actually too far gone for them to be able to compete.

Edited by Xellie, 04 August 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#6 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

thoughts?

nost get all their stuff banned for botting? serious business can't be bothered to be serious anymore? jologs logged out for good?

don't think there was more than 60 people playing woe today.

Wonder what happened to karina4 with all it's crap.

#7 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

This is likely to devolve pretty quickly but it could be an interesting discussion I guess.

The thing is, not everyone has quite the same amount of time/effort/ability to invest to achieve things that some of the guilds on this server has. They need to team/group/merge up to be able to compete or win. I mean, 2ez merged up to be able to fight fairly with Nost. Nost/SB/Valk allied up to make some Bryns.

What exactly is it that everyone wants and expects when sieging? Do you all want 1v1s in 2.0 forts with equal sized groups/guilds?

It's a bit frustrating that it's turning out the way it has but there's not much we can really do about it besides encouraging more participation from other guilds, maybe try convince some pserver guilds to come over (are there any or is everyone in 2ez) or try get some of the other guilds that were active earlier on the server back. It'd be more interesting with more players but there's still the issue of fairness, people regularly complained about various cheats and the guilds botting supplies/speeds etc.

#8 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

The guilds that botted their mini bosses and speeds and supplies are banned.  Thats where the other main guilds went.

#9 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

Unserious: WoE is dead, farm up before merge with renewal. Cash out well the opportunity is there, figuratively of course. 

Serious: 2/4 of the "larger" guilds quit RO in the same week. Nost is gone and SB is done until the GM's can handle the issues that should have been dealt with months ago. The community didn't fail, the staff running this game did. I have many different topics to talk about describing how the staff failed, but the biggest one is cheating.

People get banned for botting speed pots, good! Aren't there more important things? How many people actually got banned (perma) for autopot? How many people got banned for no delay? How many people got banned for client editing? Answer is none and I can watch video's and count the absurd amount of people using these. Botting speed bots is bad and those people should be banned. BUT it doesn't effect the outcome of WoE or power in PvM a fraction of the amount that AP/ND does, yet nothing has been done about this. 

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Did sithy get banned?

#11 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Answer is none and I can watch video's and count the absurd amount of people using these.

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Ok, so he didn't.

Good to know.

#13 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

Probably, but the majority of people using autopot / ndelay are banned and or quit because their guild got banned.

Not all though.

#14 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

I think the issue with the cheating is it's hard to "prove" and it's easier for the GMs to get proof to ban bots than it is for client side edits. A seasoned player may be able to spot it, but the GM teams dont have enough experience dealing directly with it. Do the GMs need to sit down and have a chat with some experienced players so that when good proof is given to them they can act in an informed fashion.

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

The retarded thing is, I was being extra vocal against these cheats at the start of the server because we all knew it would come down to this. And all these people who are whining and crying about it now either

denied it whilst using it

used it in retaliation

justified it

I can't lie when I say I'm glad that ______ and ______ guilds are gone because they were abusing the crap out of those things. Yeah, it killed Classic, do you know what. This stuff should have been nuked from the beginning, not spread between guilds.

#16 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Pretty much.

#17 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Regardless, its going to be 2ez and VH there to farm the server with no comp. It will be a lonely server with action packed WoE's of 80+ zerging small guilds of 10.

Edit: and there's nothing wrong with that. Just not the type of server I/we want to play on.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 04 August 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#18 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

2ez and VH won't be allied so we'll have to set up some gvg's between the two.

I prefer more guilds and more fun of a server to play on, so with how it is i might log in for woe's.

Edited by kschamp, 04 August 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#19 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

Will it still be 2v1? TTH+SNL vs 1 guild VH? 

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

Regardless, its going to be 2ez and VH there to farm the server with no comp. It will be a lonely server with action packed WoE's of 80+ zerging small guilds of 10.

Edit: and there's nothing wrong with that. Just not the type of server I/we want to play on.

There's always the option of believing what we say and growing a pair and comping.

When did guilds become so spineless? I mean seriously, I'm not sure I get it. People quit cause guilds are cheating. People quit because guilds are allying. I played vs the whole server on classic for a while. I played vs the biggest cheaters on the server and look. Still here. Explain that.

Regards from,

The leader of the guild that refuses to cheat no matter what.

#21 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

If the numbers match, then it's still 1v1.

But idk whats going on with anything since i havn't been on in awhile.

#22 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

tth+snl aren't going to split up, we're too dependant on each other now.

though going to imagine half of the guild won't bother showing up to woe now.

#23 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

^ i didn't show up this weekend sry

#24 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

We already agreed to unally prior to WoE today, but it's not really our fault when the rest of the server makes an alliance ...

who's the "rest of the server" who made an alliance and fought your guild if 2ez wasn't part of it and nostalgic quit? Serious Business would be the only (merged) guild left, am i right? unless you were actually against those small guilds like Kanon and AnO.

edit: oops i missed the post which said SB is done =/

Edited by 1756492860, 04 August 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

who's the "rest of the server" who made an alliance and fought your guild if 2ez wasn't part of it and nostalgic quit? Serious Business would be the only (merged) guild left, am i right? unless you were actually against those small guilds like Kanon and AnO.

edit: oops i missed the post which said SB is done =/

Valk, sent, nost and classic allied up without us and expected us to remain solo. We allied 2ez after SB was formed and allied nost because there was no fun for us being sandwiched between 2ez and a stupid alliance.

Then SB threaten me with them quitting if we don't unally.

Get real right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users