What's with all the bots?( Mod or GM please answer) - Newbie Zone - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's with all the bots?( Mod or GM please answer)

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 InuyashaDraconis

InuyashaDraconis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

What is with all the bots i mean seriously? I find it disturbing there releasing a game altering patch when they can't keep the server Policed to get rid of bots.

Submiting a ticket with all the bots and screenshots would take us 4 times longer then a GM simply checking popular areas and banning them themselves. =p

Edited by InuyashaDraconis, 06 August 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

1: Botting will become much much harder to do after the Pegasus Update due to a few changes that were made ;)

2: We used to have ShazamO come in a perform routine checks for botters, spammers and gold sellers.

But I agree, someone should probably be appointed to somewhat routinely check on botters.

#3 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

1: Botting will become much much harder to do after the Pegasus Update due to a few changes that were made ;)

2: We used to have ShazamO come in a perform routine checks for botters, spammers and gold sellers.

But I agree, someone should probably be appointed to somewhat routinely check on botters.

This!

#4 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

Topic cleaned
No calling out accusation posts via the Forums please.

#5 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

Shoot me the names/server of the "Botters" and I'll check them out~

#6 InuyashaDraconis

InuyashaDraconis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:52 AM

If you logged in for 10 minutes and went to shikiku ruins and kuku undertground prison you would find like 30 people almost imediatly. It shouldn't be up to the players to pick up the slack of staff lol( no offense). You guys should check common maps like those at least once a day, players wont report them because its ultimitly honestly doesn't seem like they get banned because there so many so most things its a waste of time.

#7 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Those aren't the only maps either. OT, and the Luna Clan fields are usually hosting botters. There are a few spots on Orlo also that host botters routinely. I can't get a party anymore, without someone asking me if I can bot, or saying they are going on auto for awhile.

Edited by pdfisher, 12 August 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#8 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

If you logged in for 10 minutes and went to shikiku ruins and kuku undertground prison you would find like 30 people almost imediatly. It shouldn't be up to the players to pick up the slack of staff lol( no offense). You guys should check common maps like those at least once a day, players wont report them because its ultimitly honestly doesn't seem like they get banned because there so many so most things its a waste of time.

So you would rather be a part of the problem rather than the solution, kinda like seeing someone on the street getting mugged and complaining that their aren't police there to apprehend the bad guy and haul him off to jail, when you could pull out your cell phone and dial the police.  GG

You got ShazamO's attention and could offer to help and get some botters banned, but no, you don't want to lift a finger and PM the names to Shaz or the support team. 

So the point of this topic is to just complain for the sake of complaining.  If it really matters to you what is going on, then do your good deed and help out.  I'm really tired of listening to people complain, throw rotten tomatos and not willing to help.

#9 Ballistic

Ballistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

botting has been rampant in this game for a while now...but as usual it gets ignored and we are told to police the game ourselves.

#10 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

Look the other way, keep looking the other way, don't break a finger nail now.  I don't think they expect you to police the game, but as always, I think you need to put out if you are going to complain.  Gravity has always been a small operation and hasn't had the budget to have the kind of in-game presence you all want.  If thats what you expect, then be realistic and go find that game and be happy rather than miserable here.

#11 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

I have reported several botters, the problem is, nothing ever seems to be done about them. After awhile, you just give up.

#12 flinder

flinder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:leonis

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:19 AM

isn't it an idea to form a team of volunteers that do checks and can ban the botter themselfs? so the team won't be bothered with this issue and we know that botters are banned.

just an idea.

Edited by flinder, 14 August 2013 - 02:19 AM.

#13 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

Trust is a valuable thing and hard to earn, even then there are always those that will try to use power the wrong way.

ShazamO does a wonderful job of checking them out when he is at work.

#14 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

I don't see the need for a volunteer to be able to ban, just let them be able to dc the botters. And ShazamO does an excellent job, but he is only one person. We need more.

#15 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts
  • LocationDepends on the day

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'm not for botting, but how do you know they are? Beside the obvious signs of spamming aoes when there aren't mobs around, or the cleric spamming heals? Is it wrong to use an outside program to hit buttons for you while you're playing? Few times in the past its been brought up, but if someone is there, playing the characters can you actually prove botting? If pm's are blocked you can't pm them. If friend request it blocked, you can't add them to your FL. If they are sitting on clan screen or party screen they can't see you talking in general either. There is a lot of loopholes and a lot of people who are anti-social. 

#16 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

Justin, I usually go by the aoes when there are no mobs, or when a cleric is spam healing, for no good reason. You are entirely correct on those other points. Plus, some just don't speak english, so they don't answer when  you try to talk to them.

#17 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:14 AM

There should be a report button in game, but I'm guessing there's none because people would probably abuse it...
Was more thinking for botters / Gold spammers... ahh would be really handy for gold spammers 8) ...

#18 Helixpros

Helixpros

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

In all honesty there is absolutly not 1 person playing rose online right now that hasn't enjoyed the fruits of a botter. So just because you finally got your max level it doesn't make it okay for you to complain about it now. Say you didn't get helped by a botter there is absolutly NO LEGIT PARTIES. And also it is not against the rules to have a program automatically do skills for you as long as you are at the computer. I do not agree with gold selling in the slightest. But seriously man why act like your -_- don't stink you've probably done it yourself or had a friend that does it and you weren't complaining then. The fact is that it isn't hurting anyone for someone to level up a character with a automatic skill program because they still have to do hard work to get gear just like everyone else. And you honestly should be thanking them because the more they bot the more items into the economy the lower the prices go. (I don't know if you've looked around junon latly) The player shops (Economy) is the reason why there is less than 1% Legit new player traffic.

#19 InuyashaDraconis

InuyashaDraconis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

lol helix your 100% wrong LOL, I have NEVER EVER used a bot and whenever I joined a party with someone uses a bot I left or kicked them.

I sit and button mash like its meant to be, you can't just assume EVERYONE bots or has had help by one or more of them. There are people like me who actually are 100% legit

#20 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

I have never used any kind of bot, talk for yourself and not for everyone.
If you don't enjoy the game the way it is, why do you bother playing?

It's legal to bot while crafting if you're watching the screen, I haven't even done that.

+ the economy is definitely not better because of botters, it's ruled by other things, there's much money floating because there's always people that like to cheat in the game, ex buy gold, etc.

Edited by DigitalKitten, 20 August 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#21 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

In all honesty there is absolutly not 1 person playing rose online right now that hasn't enjoyed the fruits of a botter. So just because you finally got your max level it doesn't make it okay for you to complain about it now. Say you didn't get helped by a botter there is absolutly NO LEGIT PARTIES. And also it is not against the rules to have a program automatically do skills for you as long as you are at the computer. I do not agree with gold selling in the slightest. But seriously man why act like your -_- don't stink you've probably done it yourself or had a friend that does it and you weren't complaining then. The fact is that it isn't hurting anyone for someone to level up a character with a automatic skill program because they still have to do hard work to get gear just like everyone else. And you honestly should be thanking them because the more they bot the more items into the economy the lower the prices go. (I don't know if you've looked around junon latly) The player shops (Economy) is the reason why there is less than 1% Legit new player traffic.

Helix, if you have to use a bot for lvling i guess you are playing the wrong game. Back in days there was a time where most people have been like "Huh? What is a bot?". It was rare that you have seen a botter in rose and you know what? it was fun, much more fun than lvling those days. Bots are the worst thing happend to rose for now. They ruin the economy, the gameplay feeling, the community and last but not least the company.

What you didn't seem to get: The game itself should be fun, lvling, farming. questing, the interaction with other players. It isn't all about the end-game content.

#22 flinder

flinder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

i need to admit i used one, atleast tryed one out, but its pritty boring just watch the screen and chat with you party only. So i deleted it and continued playing legit, way more fun^^

#23 InuyashaDraconis

InuyashaDraconis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

botting now is EXTREAMLY hard lol, they disabled multi clienting so those without 2+ computers can't multi bot and lvl and so on. Also most of the AOE skills are target based now its kind of hard to bot=p

#24 flinder

flinder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

they realy disabled multi clieting? too bad:P i used it as walking storage so i wont be overweight with my character im lvling with.

#25 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:47 AM

botting now is EXTREAMLY hard lol, they disabled multi clienting so those without 2+ computers can't multi bot and lvl and so on. Also most of the AOE skills are target based now its kind of hard to bot=p

They said that yes but I can still multiclient, quite sure that was for PvP matters only so you can't do like you did in UW aka leech.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users