• 31 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

A User-Friendly Guide to

ROPD 

(Updated 07/29/15)

Being able to control player privacy is a crucial part of the virtual world experience.

Have you ever...

1. wondered how that stranger knows you have 5 different characters you play, and how often you play each one?

2. had someone follow you around and all you can do is change your name, but realizing SOMEHOW he/she found

a way next to you again? 

This is a guide to help you claim your accounts on Ragnarok Online Player Database

to make the game safer and more enjoyable for you to play  :p_angel: Hope this helps!

1. Get a ropd.info profile

Quick note: ROPD is an online player database that grants you access to view any character on Ragnarok Online, given they did not choose to hide their char through privacy settings (which we are learning to do here!  :shss: ) There are also many other functions you can choose to explore later ^^

To get a ROPD profile, simply go to the link provided and you will see the Welcome Page to ROPD.

On your top right hand corner, click on "log in". You will be prompted to log in with your email address.

Choose the email you wish to have this user account on. Every time you choose to sign in, ROPD will use this email to log you in. You must log into your email to access the ROPD account. 

(Note: ROPD no longer accepts Gmail accounts. If you don't know your username or password, email the staffs at webmaster@ropd.info)

Now that you have logged in, the system will ask you to input a unique nickname to identify your ROPD profile. The name has to be between 3-26 characters and can contain symbols, numbers and spaces. 

2. Claiming your account

Now that you have created your ROPD profile, you are ready to claim your Ragnarok Online account(s)!

Under your profile, click on the "Claims" tab.

You will then arrive at a page that asks for your account id. 

This ID can be found at the top left hand corner of your character collection on ROPD. Simply type in one of the character name under that account from Ragnarok Online, and find your char. Note that there are no account numbers here. You must go to "Alts" on the right hand corner of your sprite.

On the page with all of your characters shown (this is where those strangers find you!) There is a 7 digit Account number. Copy this number into the "Account id" box under Claims.

Once you have done so, the system will try to verify that account. Verification will have to be done within the game (which I will show you in just a minute). Take note that the status will be "Pending" if you do not verify the account. If the account has already been claimed by another user, the status will say "already claimed by someone else". 

Now you are ready to verify your account  :p_idea: 

3. Verifying your account

Verification of accounts are done so within the game in a series of short steps: 

Go to Prontera merchant district or Eden 1F/2F (as marked below in the maps)

market.jpg (Picture found in claim help section of ropd.info)

Create a new chat room (using Alt+C) with the authorization code as your title. Make this chat private, and create a random password. Now open this chat room. Wait for about 3-5 minutes and refresh your account claims page on ropd.info. Your account should be verified.  

(IMPORTANT: Be sure to use the "auth. code" and not your "account id" as your chat title. The authorization code consists of a long list of random numbers and alphabets.)

Side Note: What is happening behind the scenes? ROPD update is directly connected to ragial.com market sweeps, which will "sweep" over the highlighted areas on the maps shown above. Therefore, opening up a private chat within one of those areas will help ROPD update the status of its player database.) 

4. After verification: toggling private settings

Now you can go to your Accounts/Characters tab under your ROPD profile and change your privacy settings for each individual char! Characters under the "Hidden" option on the public viewing screen will show up only to you if you are logged in, and they will appear italicized.

If you want to delete a char that appears multiple times (due to name change or server merges), you can do so by clicking the trash button on the right side of the char. This will highlight the trashcan icon. Click save changes, and characters will be deleted within an hour or two.  

Thank you for reading! Hope this guide helped!  :p_idea: 

Credits:

ROPD FAQ page/Claims  http://ropd.info/?mo...aq&topic=claims

Edited by VModCinnamon, 28 May 2018 - 01:20 PM.
Mod Edit: Changed font to blue, red/bold in-line edits are reserved for moderation.

#2 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:27 AM

Wow, fantastic guide you put together there! I'm sure it'll help a lot of folks with figuring that out.. ^^ A few months back, I had to do a lot of reading and stumble through it, but finally got mine all setup the way I wanted. It definitely would've helped me! :3 

I remember when ROPD first came into existence... some people were so angry about it they'd sit all their chars in Prontera, completely naked with nasty pub chat names up, haha!

>.> .... <.< ..... /stalks you on ROPD~ xD

#3 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:15 AM

This should be pinned.

#4 Fauxeglove

Fauxeglove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

I have nothing to hide   :heh:

Player safety and privacy is number one on my list in MMORPG.

Remember to not give out your account info! And have fun ~~~~   :ho:

#5 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

Personally i already knew that but...Yeah!

Thanks for this nice guide.

Will help a lot of ppls :)

#6 Nechi

Nechi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

You learn new things everyday in MMORPGs ;) great guide Fauxeglove!

#7 Fauxeglove

Fauxeglove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Thanks!  :no1:

#8 c00las

c00las

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

Great guide

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

It's worth noting that people suspect you of being a scammer if you hide yourself on ROPD. I don't trust people who block themselves on ROPD, at least. Every person who's tried to scam me since they introduced ROPD's account claiming feature has had ROPD blocked...

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

I don't hide my characters, I just made it so you can't trace my alts. :3

#11 Fauxeglove

Fauxeglove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Oh wow! Thanks Azzy for taking that into account. I didn't think of that when I made this guide. :thx:

The sole purpose of this guide is to help you realize that there is a way to side track those who you do not wish to have further contact with, rather than spending unnecessary money on Character Name Changes when the person can easily find you again (sadly, this was what more than one of my friends did :/)

If you have nothing to hide, be open and be proud of your chars!  :p_laugh:

#12 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

One feature that I didn't know about for at least a month after I claimed my account, was that you could pose your characters with all the different stances and save them... it's actually really fun. ^^' It was also super helpful in putting my signature together, haha. >.>

#13 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

It's worth noting that people suspect you of being a scammer if you hide yourself on ROPD. I don't trust people who block themselves on ROPD, at least. Every person who's tried to scam me since they introduced ROPD's account claiming feature has had ROPD blocked...

I'm not a scammer for sure (never scammed even 1m and never get banned in 10 years of Ragnarok) but i really don't like that my chars, my gears, and all informations about my game experience are visible to all.

Edited by meditation, 09 August 2013 - 12:51 AM.

#14 Greenvador

Greenvador

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationReunion island
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:13 PM

Hi,  

Thank you for this usefull post.

Edited by Greenvador, 30 June 2017 - 09:17 PM.

#15 GodLike0000

GodLike0000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:53 PM

I'm curious does it mean you have nothing to hide, including your ID card number? and where you live? especially your house because Google Map could photograph you?

The informations such as all members in your guild will be known by normal way while you are playing in the game. You will know the members by joining the guild, or by your friends who are in the guild.

Truly, this database will help me to find my friends and those who treated me improperly. However, I think it is more appropriate to set these data as hidden by default, even if it will lose the sense that this site want to make.

I felt offended by this site. I played this game for years and finally found this place. Finally I set all my characters hidden.

Edited by GodLike0000, 28 May 2018 - 06:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users