Walk Into Prontera? - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Walk Into Prontera?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#26 5489130505100655753

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

I can kind of tell that these programmers were Java programmers and maybe new to C++. Never hire Java programmer to do a mans job. << I am dealing with the same thing at work.

I don't even code and I'm so sorry. It's like trying to tell a layman that no, I cannot increase the quality of your cruddy jpg to what you want, please come back with psd files next time, or anything BUT JPG oh my god.

#27 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

Having warpportals instead of one large map reduces strain on players world latency. Running one large zone is much harder than running multiple smaller zones. This is actually a benefit to you as a player, as if one zone gets bombarded with lag, it won't effect another zone.

My guess is they didn't want their servers to crash constantly.

Then how is WoW able to support such a system? Is it due to their engine or because they have separate servers with player number limits? I just find it odd because WoW is 6 years older than RO2: LOTS.

#28 Kariktan

Kariktan

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

My problem now is that the portals are gone. I cant transfer from one map to another or enter dungeons. I have to use Long Range Kafra Flying Service or warp to Dungeons when the RL/PL has entered it. O_o

#29 VolunteerMod09

VolunteerMod09

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 483 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:18 AM

Please do not necro old thread. Please make a new thread if you want to start a new discussion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users