PETS in Colo :( :( :( ? - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

PETS in Colo :( :( :( ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

#26 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Pets in Colosseum is more than just about client/crashing issues. Once the monster DNA system has been out for a while, you'll see an even bigger gap between rich players and the rest of the population. Plus, PvP will eventually stand for Pets v Pets lol.

Who votes for an own Colosseum for pets? Like Pokemon = PvP = Pet vs Pet.   :rice:

Vau says:  Fold i choose you!

pokemon-cat.gif

#27 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

Don't worry everyone. Everything is perfectly balanced; the devs said so.

#28 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

The biggest reason why I'm worried about it is when people start getting Eremes pets. He's almost the single reason why it needs to go, otherwise they're not that bad since everyone can use them against each other and it sorta evens itself out.

#29 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

The biggest reason why I'm worried about it is when people start getting Eremes pets. He's almost the single reason why it needs to go, otherwise they're not that bad since everyone can use them against each other and it sorta evens itself out.

Just hope people not greedy enough to spam/bot Eremes DNA then sells it like STC card price in server SEA or GM stupidly put in on kafra shop.

#30 6299130505154003263

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

Just hope people not greedy enough to spam/bot Eremes DNA then sells it like STC card price in server SEA or GM stupidly put in on kafra shop.

I can see some kafra update soon:

Random DNA Box, or something like that =s

#31 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

The pet update is really quite fun and actually gives a reason (and reward) for grinding. The numbers of leveling your pets and perhaps the DNA fragment drop rates need looking at, but apart from that it's very fun. Please don't monetize it and keep it like the card system where the person who puts in the effort is allowed to savor/profit from it rather than others just buying their way into it. I'm fine with P2W users buying expensive DNA and cards from the AH, what I'm not fine is buying it directly from the cash shop, circumventing the entire purpose of the game.

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 08 August 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#32 Rafnex

Rafnex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

I can see some kafra update soon:

Random DNA Box, or something like that =s

this will kill the fun and feeling of achievement in farming the DNAs...

anyways pets in colo atm is quite not that threatening/unbalanced yet since mostly everyone only has the easy to get ones...

wait til many uses Eremes/Willow/Lapparman + 80% achievement... thats when the QQ starts :yawn:

Edited by Rafnex, 08 August 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#33 6299130505154003263

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

this will kill the fun and feeling of achievement in farming the DNAs...

anyways pets in colo atm is quite not that threatening/unbalanced yet since mostly everyone only has the easy to get ones...

wait til many uses Eremes/Willow/Lapparman + 80% achievement... thats when the QQ starts :yawn:

P2W... there will be always someone whiling to max out on a game at the cost of $$

#34 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:NA

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

They said before they won't allow pets inside colo and now there's a pet inside colo:)

#35 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

Hmm, we were told originally that that it would cause crash issues. However, we haven't heard very much about pets crashing Colosseum. The devs may decide to leave it in.

PLEASE don't. Most pets in colo are fine but there are a few which utterly break it. Eremes is the prime offender (he breaks the game to be honest, able to stun bosses), however there are other extremely powerful pets like Kiel MK-III, Moonlight and Undead Executer. Perhaps a sort of ban list is in order?

#36 Atweig

Atweig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

I'm sick of Colo by now, and pets bring at least some variety. I wanna pets to stay! T_T

#37 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

PLEASE don't. Most pets in colo are fine but there are a few which utterly break it. Eremes is the prime offender (he breaks the game to be honest, able to stun bosses), however there are other extremely powerful pets like Kiel MK-III, Moonlight and Undead Executer. Perhaps a sort of ban list is in order?

Thats what i was thinking.

SEA has pets in Colo right? So i'm sure they already have a good idea which pets to ban for better balance like you said. I also really think pet DNA frag drops need to be increased or will have some gary oaks ruining Colo for the rest of us.

#38 Zikadus

Zikadus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAnaheim

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

For those afraid of such pets like Eremes , it's not that easy to obtain them, the difficulty, effort, time and pots to be able to kill Eremes single-handed, or let's say you're farming with a group, the drop rates are really really low. Not to mention, when you open the fragments, there is always a chance that it turns up the same letter fragment.

Eremes is a really helpful and strong pet to have, but be mindful how hard it is to obtain one. Plus, having this pet will help kill raid bosses that seems impossible before (for most of the community anyways). This is the luxury of those who are skillful and diligent enough to farm the dna required for it. So being that said, having eremes for any person to be used in Colosseum or Raids is just fine.

#39 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

Having humans for pets like eremes seems... odd.

Who doesn't want a pet human slave it seems?

Edited by AmiiMii, 09 August 2013 - 02:08 AM.

#40 ZefirusKZ

ZefirusKZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

You're still on this sunking ship? :D

#41 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:26 AM

No pets! Don't just leave it because it's not crashing the game!

It's bad enough that colo is hardly ever true pvp anyways with the gear on top of the mountain of buffs from items and also teaming up from pre-mades and now you want to give people even MORE buffs? Yeah.... no.

I like collecting pets but I don't want to feel like its something I *have* to do on all my characters and be forced to hunt down the rare ones and all that just to have a chance to compete. It doesn't bring proper balance to colo which is already having serious balance issues. Just because it's not crashing doesn't mean it's good.

#42 AdonBlitz

AdonBlitz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationA Frozen Wasteland
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:29 AM

The only thing I would use my pet for in colo is slowing my kills down so they can't kite me so easily. Until they make Warriors, Beastmasters, Knights, Monks, and Rogues run 20% faster in Colo...I'd like my silly pet's movement speed de-buff. But since the original plan was to make them disabled in colo...they should just disable them.

Edited by AdonBlitz, 09 August 2013 - 05:31 AM.

#43 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:41 AM

For those afraid of such pets like Eremes , it's not that easy to obtain them, the difficulty, effort, time and pots to be able to kill Eremes single-handed, or let's say you're farming with a group, the drop rates are really really low. Not to mention, when you open the fragments, there is always a chance that it turns up the same letter fragment.

People have Eremes after two days of the monster summon update. Just saying.

#44 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

Eremes is a really helpful and strong pet to have, but be mindful how hard it is to obtain one. Plus, having this pet will help kill raid bosses that seems impossible before (for most of the community anyways). This is the luxury of those who are skillful and diligent enough to farm the dna required for it. So being that said, having eremes for any person to be used in Colosseum or Raids is just fine.

Or rich. Of course it's fine in raids, pets were meant to PvE. On the other hand, they are debatably unbalanced in Colo because it undermines the average player. I already see tons of Eremes DNA showing up so it won't be long now.

#45 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

Over thousands of players with Eremes.

Eremes Fanclub it seems.

#46 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

you can also cast the pets while in hiding, pretty good buff for the hiding classes in round 5 (free KS attempt for rangers and rogues mostly, sins kind of but not really)

... not that it's needed though

#47 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

Over thousands of players with Eremes.

Eremes Fanclub it seems.

Not as much fanclup as it is "wanting to beat the game". Eremes is broken because his stun works on bosses. Get a few people with the pet to cheese chain them together and you can basically stunlock raid bosses. Eremes kinda broke SEA in this respect and I fear it's going to happen again -- I've already seen one or two people going around with Undead Executer just laughing at everything. Fall and stun inflicting pets should not affect boses full stop.

#48 Zikadus

Zikadus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAnaheim

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Or rich. Of course it's fine in raids, pets were meant to PvE. On the other hand, they are debatably unbalanced in Colo because it undermines the average player. I already see tons of Eremes DNA showing up so it won't be long now.

XD Those dna's our mostly our guildmates and mine xD hahahaha in auction.

#49 8729130607033955267

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hmm, we were told originally that that it would cause crash issues. However, we haven't heard very much about pets crashing Colosseum. The devs may decide to leave it in.

Community says - plz fix pets in colo

Devs says - NO

Question !!! For whom they do this game ?

it looks like they have no sense

#50 Kalamithy

Kalamithy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMadrid

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

I miss blind colo =( it's was fun

Normal colo is really boring and with pet it's even worst

and colo is almost the only thing that keeps me playing this game