Lowbie Instance Dungeon Excavation station - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Lowbie Instance Dungeon Excavation station

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

I suggest implementing low-level instances, something like ET but with a little story line to get new players interested.

Perhaps implement an instance that is actually completable for people that can formulate a 2-5 man party. Completing this instance gives something more than just monster loots; bonus exp, custom item, and an MVP-style item drop. You can come out with subsequent implements that follows the story line.

Overlook dungeon is a nice thought but it's too bland in my opinion.

I would definitely put it in the ~35-80 level range, maybe a bit higher. Let me brainstorm and i'll get back to you later today.

I like what kbb said. It would be nice if there was a chain of quests that tells you the lore behind the game and lets you travel to different parts of the RO world to complete this quest of lore, and after each mission you accomplish, you're given decent gear to help you complete your next mission. The new generation of MMO players are used to this form of leveling and so far it works for many games.

Something along the lines of the April Fools quest would be great to be honest. Shortish, amusing with a variable difficulty. Give them a quest at the start for xyz exp to make it worthwhile for everyone in the group. This is probably something you could develop long term to have an interesting thing for people to do in plenty of level ranges. If you're looking for something to trial now, pick a wider range and see how popular it is, maybe people 50-75 or so. As long as difficulty was appropriately managed you could bring along some first classes and get some fresh second classes to make things interesting.

It'd be super nice to send some of the people who run around asking where they should level to somewhere that they can do things with other people.

#2 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

Essentially Bio3 has always been a fantastic place to level (of course, on this server it's complete trash because the area spawns have been removed). BUt it was always disappointing that there is no in between. It was get to 90 and then go to bio3 for parties. It would be nice if there was some sort of high risk high reward dungeon before you could enter bio3.

#3 kbb93

kbb93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

If this happens it should be implemented through a series of updates that increase in both difficulty and progression of its story line. The character will not be able to advance to a later instance if they have not completed the previous one.

None of these instances should have a level cap, just a minimum level req, allowing the player to start from the beginning of the story line at any time in their character's life. These instances are repeatable.

These implements should be instance events with a strong focus on party-based leveling, rewards (exp, items), and plot. 

Gameline

The first instance should have a level requirement of 20 or above. It would start in a neutral location, Prontera, and require a party of two or more to begin. The number of monsters is conditional to the number of party members (if this is possible). The players will first talk to an NPC and after agreement warped to another map where the story begins. After conversation and some events happening (emots, characters appearing, ect.) they have to fight some basic-level monsters; spores, wolves, marduks, other similar creeps. At this point the character is delved into the plot that is the instance and must complete it in a certain amount of time. After some more NPC explanations and story-advances, the players will then go through many different obstacles and events that make RO the game it is. After completing one task, the protagonists will move on to the next one (map).

[Possible events that progress the instance]

After fighting the monsters the party will be warped to a map where they have to be used teamwork in order to navigate through an invisible maze (much like Assassin Job change. I recommend 2-5 maps are made and are randomly selected to help counter memorizing it). Another event could include being in a maze-like dungeon and the NPC gives you a task to hunt for items (kill monsters to do so) that will create a devise to get party out of there. I'll have to think of more events when I have time, but I think this is a start. 

The ending of the instance could include a MVP that's King Poring-ish. A big Rafflesia or something that has reduced stats and HP yet still poses a challenge to low level characters.

If the player enters the instance at level 20 they should be around 30-40 by the end of it. This will create an atmosphere of learning while still leveling quickly and enjoyable if made correctly. Also, custom gears (ex. headgear to show prestige) should be implemented so they have something to show for their hard work. Maybe, based on time, give the players a different colored hat depending on how quickly it was achieved (level cap may be needed to keep the 'coolness' factor of this)? By the end of the instance, you want new players to say "Wow...that was something else. When's the next one?"

Storyline

I'll get back to you after I read up on some Poe and Game of Thrones.

Edited by kbb93, 09 August 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#4 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

This could be nice in the long term, but requires some planning. Before we get all the time and effort invested into it, lets try get something simpler and less elaborate in place to see if people are even interested in using it.

What about just using the April Fools Day quest, make 3-4 different level brackets. 10-30, 30-60 and 60-80.

10-30: Spores, Zombies, Skeletons, Snakes, Peco Pecos, Elder Willow Some but not many: Poison Spore/Drainlair Boss: Vagabond

30-60: Wolf, Anacondaq, Mantis, Desert Wolf, Assorted Kobolds, Orc Zombie, Orc Skeleton, Firelock Soldier Some: Choco, Jing Guai Boss: ??

60-80: High Orcs, Orc Archers, Uzhas, Tamuran, Assorted Bio2, Assorted Turtles  Some: Harpy, Rideword Boss: Phreeoni or Eddga (maybe? these could be a bit tough)

This is just a few minutes throwing things together, the level ranges may be a bit high, but if it was 'easy' enough to start at the low end in a share group and finish up towards the higher end.

I have no idea what the exp would actually be like and thats something that should be definitely considered but if you could balance it so that it's roughly as good as actual leveling this could be a fairly easy test.

#5 kbb93

kbb93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

This could be nice in the long term, but requires some planning. Before we get all the time and effort invested into it, lets try get something simpler and less elaborate in place to see if people are even interested in using it.

What about just using the April Fools Day quest, make 3-4 different level brackets. 10-30, 30-60 and 60-80.

10-30: Spores, Zombies, Skeletons, Snakes, Peco Pecos, Elder Willow Some but not many: Poison Spore/Drainlair Boss: Vagabond

30-60: Wolf, Anacondaq, Mantis, Desert Wolf, Assorted Kobolds, Orc Zombie, Orc Skeleton, Firelock Soldier Some: Choco, Jing Guai Boss: ??

60-80: High Orcs, Orc Archers, Uzhas, Tamuran, Assorted Bio2, Assorted Turtles  Some: Harpy, Rideword Boss: Phreeoni or Eddga (maybe? these could be a bit tough)

This is just a few minutes throwing things together, the level ranges may be a bit high, but if it was 'easy' enough to start at the low end in a share group and finish up towards the higher end.

I have no idea what the exp would actually be like and thats something that should be definitely considered but if you could balance it so that it's roughly as good as actual leveling this could be a fairly easy test.

I don't think this is best the approach because it is so simple. The story line is arguably the most important part to situate new players into RO culture. Movies and Videogames are all about the suspension of disbelief, which simple grinding doesn't provoke.

#6 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

words

I'd like to refer to this:

http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=49821

This person went through a lot of effort to decipher the lore of RO, and really, its story.

There is no need to make a tangential story, but explaining the lore may help.  Using custom bosses that aren't there for drops but for "story" would probably be best.

I think if we did something like this, it should be geared towards non-trans noobs.  The dungeons shouldn't be hard-hitting but sufficiently challenging for at least a modest group: Tank, Healer, DPS (3 players) with okay gears (may have a reduction buckler but no immune), and challenging for a group of 5 ungeared players.

It should lie in the sort of "not as good as leveling with a well-geared character", but certainly better than the horrendous solo EXP a gearless char has.  Maybe intentionally targetting monsters with nice drops for the instance would help (Marcs, Zeroms, Mantis', Raydrics, etc)

#7 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

This isnt supposed to be a permanent option. It may not have an overarching storyline but there's plenty of interesting goings on in the quest, not sure if you've actually done it or not. But it was easily one of the best things we got during that time period.

When you compare something like the Prontera Orc Invasion to the April Fools Day thing they're hugely different in terms of size but also time investment. If the dev team spends a few weeks/months trying to come up with interesting stuff and people just wont use it, it seems like a waste.

While these things should be geared towards newer players you've gotta make them worthwhile and interesting enough for experienced players to do. There just wont be enough newer players to run these themselves and I'd just like to see if the players we have would be willing to sit down and group up before we get there.

Edited by Themes, 09 August 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#8 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

make a map with something in mind already.

instances should not only be about killing monsters

Doing a quest based on storyline would be nice, if you have the power to do it.

Have something set up like a normal dungeon but in a instance:

Normal monsters you want to include. A miniboss and a boss.

Include a reward that is good enough upon completing and maybe some rares

Add not solvable and solvable secrets (I played some mmorpg that has that and it was so interesting)

People start doing rumors about those secrets and the result is it give more idea to do more quests and instances overall.

Example:

Let's say an instance level 15-25

upon completing you get lets say a free mercenary lvl 3 or less depending on your base level maybe.

Add a chance to get a figure related to your class (Acolyte figure, archer figure, Mage figure, Merchant figure, novice figure, swordman figure, thief figure)   (since Poring race are removed that would be nice to include them back in the game)

As for the instance thing you could just make a poring instance

including: poring, santa poring, drops, poporings, mastering, marins, and for boss you could put a buffed antonio

as for the storyline, a person is trying to gather all odin saliva by giving candy, we don't know what he is trying to do but its probably for some kind of research an as probably an evil purpose overall.

Secrets maybe you could make summon a Bring it on somewhere but its not attackable or its summoned on a place you can't go but you can see. 

as for solvable secret I guess there could be an hidden npc somewhere, This hidden npc would say I was on my way to find the cause of all this mess but the poring eated all my provisions I can't stay there anymore if you happen to find them you can keep it.

Then some poring would be spawned and some strawberries or other loots would appear front of them, (so the loots would be eated directly)

thats it.

Edited by HansLowell, 09 August 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#9 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

How about we develop this in parts.

First make some instances with just kills etc, and after that baseline is in place, we can ass story to them.

#10 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

I really like the idea of things like Overlook Dungeon.  Having something like that targeted to a bit of a higher level range, say 70~90, would be great.  Honestly, if you aim much lower then that level range, the players will outpace whatever content you put in for them.

Here's an example of a random dungeon mock-up I did of something I'd like to see in game.  Keep in mind its just an example, so numbers and names are rough work.

Dungeon Name: Past Somatology Laboratory

Dungeon Premise:  A Rekenber worker has managed - mostly accidently - to open a gateway to the past.  Specifically, it takes the traveller to the time when Rekenber first lost control of the Somatology Laboratory.  Remembering the tremendous loss of life the event caused, he enlists the help of any adventurers he can find to go through the portal and attempt to save as many of the scientists trapped within the Laboratory as possible.

The dungeon is set up as an open-world map (not an instance) that can be accessed by speaking to an NPC just outside the Rekenber Headquarters in Lighthalzen. At the beginning, the NPC will warp them to the entrance of Level 1, but as the player progresses through the story of the dungeon, they will have shortcut options unlocked.

The dungeon itself is a copy of the normal Somatology Laboratory (lhz_dun) maps, with custom spawns and NPCs.  The goal of the dungeon is to take people who are in their low 70s through and up to their mid 80s.  This will partially happen from casual mob-grinding, but quests will be provided to give large boosts along the way.  While the dungeon is meant to target parties in the 70~90 range, there should be no level limit placed on the dungeon.

Mob List:

Spoiler

Map Spawns:

Spoiler

Quests:

Spoiler

Thats something I spent a little time cooking up.  It should hopefully give you an idea of what kind of thing I'm trying to express - an open dungeon (not instance) that has tougher than normal monsters, and increased exp to account for that.  Adding in some simple quests to help fill out the dungeon's flavour a little bit isn't difficult, but can really help to set the atmosphere while asking the player to complete objectives they were already intending on doing in the first place - like, exploring the dungeon and killing monsters.

Like the Co-Op MVP idea, this would likely be a lot of work to implement, but its the kind of thing that could be added at some point in the future to really fill out content gaps.  What's more, lots of dungeons lend themselves to this kind of storytelling, and anywhere from level 60~99 can be accomodated for in this way.  I personally really like the idea of adding these kinds of dungeons for lower level players, but don't forget the idea can be applied to higher level players as well!

Edited by TwilightsCall, 09 August 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#11 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

I didn't read almost all of the thread, but I would just like to point out that putting in instances for levels is probably not the best idea, that is why we have spent our time putting in item/monster turn-ins.  However, if we could find a way to do instances for basic/mid-level gear for leveling characters, then there is a good chance that people could theoretically take their "hode party," go do an instance for some gear, and then go straight to Dokebis or whatever is next.

Putting in exp instance quests doesn't make much sense, should find ways to do gear instead.

#12 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

I didn't read almost all of the thread, but I would just like to point out that putting in instances for levels is probably not the best idea, that is why we have spent our time putting in item/monster turn-ins.  However, if we could find a way to do instances for basic/mid-level gear for leveling characters, then there is a good chance that people could theoretically take their "hode party," go do an instance for some gear, and then go straight to Dokebis or whatever is next.

Putting in exp instance quests doesn't make much sense, should find ways to do gear instead.

Por que no los dos?

#13 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

I'm just saying, if we're going to try to hit all angles of new player experience, then we should try to hook them up in that department as well.

Maybe the quest could give some straight up zeny, even.  That might even encourage some more veteran players who are poorer to mingle a little more.

#14 JohnNooodles

JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:34 AM

Maybe lower level players could get gear instead and a small amount of EXP?  Gear that would be generic like slotted Bucklers/Guards, Shoes/Boots, etc.  If they can make it to recognize each class in the party it could even give weapons depending on the character...or randomize it so people could just trade each other depending on who needs what.  You could probably make it so a something like a WoE treasure chest for each player in the instance (Or a Mimic NPC maybe in case there's a greedy party member.) spawn after whatever boss is defeated.  Also it should have environment traps too that trigger like dialogues and stuff...if those could recognize classes as well you could make some characters needed like thief types being able to disable them at a higher chance than others or something and optional secret areas with hidden stuff and info for those who want to get more of the lore or secret items like maybe an Emperium so new players could group up with friends.  No idea what could be given for higher levels though...would Old Purple Boxes be too much or maybe Old Blue Boxes...? 

#15 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:44 AM

You could also provide them stuff like rental/bound Vali's/Fricco's/Platinum Shield or Shelter Shield/Vidars/Bound Unslotted Elemental Armors (don't let them socket enchant them)/Bound Ring[0]Earring[0]Glove[0]Brooch[0]Necklace[0]/Elemental Rentals.

That would cover most of their equip slots with bound or rental gear that is decidedly inferior to "normal" gear, but good enough that you could level with it on any class, as long as the class/level restrictions are removed or lowered.  You could even nudge them like so:

NPC Provides a Choice: "For your reward, would you like a Vali's Manteau, Vidars Boots, or a Fire Armor?"

Select Vali's Manteau

"This Manteau provides a 15% resistance to Neutral property attacks.  Most normal attacks and many skills are Neutral by default, so you will receive a decent amount of reduction from most damage sources.  If you need even more, a Raydric Card provides 20% Neutral damage reduction and can be carded into any slotted Garment.  If you refine the Garment, you will get additional defense as well, providing even more damage reduction."

Inferior but decent gear that enables them to actually play.  There's a certain point around level 60-85 on most classes that the lack of carded gear hits you like a brick wall.

#16 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

Inferior but decent gear that enables them to actually play.  There's a certain point around level 60-85 on most classes that the lack of carded gear hits you like a brick wall.

And even if you have the zeny for the gear, it isn't being vended for weeks at a time. Idk why there is even a thread about low level leveling, when leveling without gear or people to carry you at higher levels is the problem. They already handed the established guilds on the server free 99s with abyss, and it makes any potential new player think twice before spending a month grinding.

#17 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

It really REALLY shortened server life span implementing the AL3 event.  I'm sure they are kicking themselves even still for doing it.

Also, if this actually does see fruition, there would need to be either an expiration date/time on the gear, and/or level limit restrictions so that you can't use them after a certain level.  And definitely character-bound.

#18 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

And even if you have the zeny for the gear, it isn't being vended for weeks at a time. Idk why there is even a thread about low level leveling, when leveling without gear or people to carry you at higher levels is the problem. They already handed the established guilds on the server free 99s with abyss, and it makes any potential new player think twice before spending a month grinding.

With the sort of gimped gear, you could survive for weeks until it IS vended. I'm sure a rental Vali's, even dropped to 10% resistance or whatever, would help new players even though it's not a +7 immune. Also, high levels don't have to be THORS/BIO3/whatever TIL 99 GOTTA GO FAST. Stay at your high TI of choice (usually goats, i imagine) and sell the drops til you can afford the things you need to level at a faster pace. Slap a 2 week timer on the rentals which starts immediately (don't want people hoarding the rentals and vending them I imagine) and you're probably good to go for a bit. Essentially, I really like Jaffer's idea.

Also, I wonder what would happen if you drop the secured items a little bit. Maybe 50kp each? Possibly throw in another ARE YOU SURE BOX when you card it to mention "hey, if you're carding something you want to share, consider getting an unbound armor." I know ideally you'd just share everything if a whole group was starting up together, but this will at least let new players start off with SOMETHING instead of shelling out zeny they don't have for regular gear. This could also actually get people to sell bad cards that no one uses because hey ! we're gonna replace this for real gear anyway. slap that picky egg card in a bound armor. no one else uses 'em.

JohnNoodles' bit looks pretty good too, maybe make the WoE stuff not bound so new people could sell it to veterans with more money than god-poing? that'd need a lot of tweaking though to prevent massive exploitation, i imagine.

#19 JohnNooodles

JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

I didn't really say anything about WoE like that...I was talking about using the treasure type reward system that you find in castles to distribute rewards at the end or some kind of chest NPC to give it that RPG kinda feel to it.

#20 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

I didn't really say anything about WoE like that...I was talking about using the treasure type reward system that you find in castles to distribute rewards at the end or some kind of chest NPC to give it that RPG kinda feel to it.

ah ! my bad. i just sort of saw it as maybe a way to help out the economy a little, get some cash into the hands of newer players. whatever, i still like the idea !!

#21 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

no new posts in 2 days ! :C whyyyyy. anyways i was bored on the porch earlier so i doodled down some ideas for low level instance quests ! both would probably require a few days' cooldown at least to avoid abuse, i imagine.

the first one would be for 3-4x (to 5x? i dunno) where you help out a new researcher at the somatology lab ! he's worked with objects all his school life, and now that he's hit grad school (or whatever) it's TIME TO MOVE ON TO THE LIVING. except, he's really bad at it, so he wants you to help keep things in line in case he screws up. ideally it'd be a quickie because maybe a lot of new players don't have the time to get into involved quests before deciding whether or not they want to stick with the game.

he'd try to summon 4-5 things, maybe 5 minutes apart if you don't kill them, or 30 seconds after the last one dies? my ideas were ~5 goblins, maybe a pair of ghouls, a pair of sageworms, and top it off with an earth petite. all the while, the researcher is going AAAUGH my potion went rotten for the ghouls or how did my term paper get in there ?! for the sageworms. exp would be hard to give out without just giving everyone a level, imo, but that could work. as another reward, you could get a 1 week rental weapon ! each one could have attack just below some of the better npc ones, like a rental sword for the swordy would get ~saber attack, maybe a little lower, maybe +2 def + 2 vit as well.

next would be a gardening quest for say, 50-70. the vegetable lady in pront could be very angry about the parasites getting into her garden ! the closest map i can think of for this idea would be something like geffen field 2, but instead of the large loop off to the side it'd be mirrored from the other side or something. you gotta get your way to the garden and <some sort of quest trigger i dunno, maybe kill a dryad there or whatever>. then, oh no ! i need the right kind of dirt ! then you have to go talk to a bunch of npc mi gaos in different spawn points, only one has a quest dirt item, but more parasites have made their way in and now the trees themselves are alive ! enchanted peach trees and parasites spawn on your way back, and you finish by giving the dirt to the npc who has now appeared in her garden. rewards: exp and a choice of rental armors such as maybe a 10% neutral res muffler, a 5% all race res shield, 300 hp/+sp regen/i don't even know armor, or 10 flee on shoes. just something for every class, really.

OBVIOUSLY THE ITEMS WOULD HAVE TO BE BALANCED/DISCUSSED. this i know. but personally i'd throw a newer person a weapon first, what with the best defense being a good offense and all. also for context, i'm kind of thinking of these in a sort of D&D perspective where you want things to be a challenge... but the goal is for the players to win. we want them to win, we want them to use their new stuff to take on new challenges, we want them to keep playing ! the stories are obviously not set in stone, but i do like telling stories~

#22 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

For the most part I like what I'm seeing, but I would like to urge people to keep in mind that this is Ragnarok Online.  We don't want to emulate WoW or any other WoW clone, because I feel like that's the real reason that people play RO; it is so different from all other MMOs that are out there.  That's a big part of the reason that we classic people have rejected renewal so much.

I don't think we want to turn RO into a quest-based leveling/gear party.  It may actually hurt us in the long run.

#23 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

For the most part I like what I'm seeing, but I would like to urge people to keep in mind that this is Ragnarok Online.  We don't want to emulate WoW or any other WoW clone, because I feel like that's the real reason that people play RO; it is so different from all other MMOs that are out there.  That's a big part of the reason that we classic people have rejected renewal so much.

I don't think we want to turn RO into a quest-based leveling/gear party.  It may actually hurt us in the long run.

I completely agree, but I don't really see how else to get new players some sort of chance at normal, decent leveling. Beyond these basic things, I wouldn't really want higher level things (ha ! have a rental nyd garb ! don't worry, it only adds half the sp a regular one would) to be rental. I'm also throwing ideas out because no one else seems to be doing so, and I don't want the idea of drawing new players in to fizzle out because no one wants to get specific. Please, criticize my choices for rewards/etc ! They're probably bad ! I just definitely feel something needs to be done, and that this is a solid option.

#24 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

I think something that Classic is missing is a red line for completely new players.

When you start RO without any prior experience on Classic, you get guided through the rather spare Novi Ground (which is worked on, thank god) but after you are thrown out of the NG, you're pretty much left to yourself.

"At what Map do I level?"

"What monster should I level at?"

"When should I change maps?"

"What kind of skills should I skill first?"

If you want to make low level dungeons, try to include useful information like for example the Mage Guild NPC (I think he's only in renewal) that teaches you about elemental attacks/the wizard quest with different elemental monsters.

Show new players what kind of skills are good for the first few levels and explain to them the importance of going job 50 with some classes like mage and acolyte.

In my opinion, these dungeons should rather be filled with information about the gameplay itself rather than just "smack monster a and get gear/zeny for it without any futher educational content"

#25 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

This. If I wanted to play a WoW clone there are much better ones out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users